TL: 2001 acura tl trunk speaker setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011 | 04:55 PM
1st Gear

Exclamation 2001 acura tl trunk speaker setup

http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/g...kerdiagram.png

hey forum. im new to the fourms and car stereos so take it easy on the newbie. i had a question about the wiring of the speakers in my 2001 acura tl.

my goal is to untimately have a trunk speaker system that i can switch on and off whenever i want to listen to music with my trunk open. i made a diagram as shown here.

so to my understanding the power from the car battery goes to the head unit, to the amp, from which you can make the power run from amp 1 to amp 2 and power two sets of speakers like so. so in order to not have the trunk speakers running 24/7 id have a switch somewhere on the dash to turn power to the second amp on and off, in effect turning the trunk set on and off. and for the sake of power saving i figured id put a few switches to turn the cabin speakers on and off so when im listening to the trunk speakers i can turn off the cabin ones... now this is my frist project with my car and ill obviously need a lot of help so im accepting any criticism about this set up possible.
Old 04-11-2011 | 06:17 PM

Im also a newbie on hardcore audio but i know my basics.

1st of All
All of your power must come FROM the battery you dont tap into any OEM power source to power up your aftermarket amp.

2nd
The speakers arent ampd if anything they are Eq and the HU sends the power directly to the speakers, The HU sends the primary signal to the EQ wich then sends it back to the HU to route them into the Speakers.

3rd
What youll need is to tap the OEM sub amp (The one Behind rear Passanger Seat) "Orange Cable" that will be your "Remote".

4th
Since you want speakers and not a Sub you cannot use the Sub Amp signal since its already filtered by the EQ so only lower frq comes out of there.
Youll need to tap the Front or Rear speakers to get a High Signal input into the New Amp or get a High Input to RCA Converter.

5th
To control the new Amp you just Insert a Switch into the Remote to control it (RCA Mode Only), If your amp have High Input Signal remote turn On you will have to Switch the + power source.

Hope that Helps A Little before the Big Guys come in and Clear my Possibly mistakes, Like I Said im not a Pro Here I just trying to help with the Basics.