'06 Navi Vocie Commands

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 03:23 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 Navi Vocie Commands

I just completed a Non Navi to Navi install on my ’06 TSX. I posted to the A/V section. Thread is called Non Navi to Navi – It can be done!

While everything looks great, I was unable to get the Voice Command feature to work. I’m assuming it’s got something to do with the fact that the ’06 TSX came out with Hands Free Link and ’05 did not have this function.

This is what I tried but was not successful:

I ran the Gray (STRG SW), Lt Blue (MIC SH), Pink (MIC GND), AND Blue (MIC SIG (+)) from the NAVI DVD unit to:

The HFL Control Unit in the passenger sidekick panel pin #2, #20, #22, and #21, respectively.

Unfortunately, this attempt did not work.

The ’06 tuner came with two additional connectors for HFL that since I have ’05 NAVI head unit I’m not using. This may be one of my problems.

I’ve attached connector diagrams for the HFL control unit, and two Steering Wheel Connectors for your reference.

[img=http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/6721/hflconnectorno7.th.png]

[img=http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/9979/connectorbeb4.th.png]

[img=http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/4152/connectorcjl1.th.png]

I would really like to get Voice Command to work and would appreciate any help.

Thanks.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:21 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Waynester
I just completed a Non Navi to Navi install on my ’06 TSX. I posted to the A/V section. Thread is called Non Navi to Navi – It can be done!

While everything looks great, I was unable to get the Voice Command feature to work. I’m assuming it’s got something to do with the fact that the ’06 TSX came out with Hands Free Link and ’05 did not have this function.

This is what I tried but was not successful:

I ran the Gray (STRG SW), Lt Blue (MIC SH), Pink (MIC GND), AND Blue (MIC SIG (+)) from the NAVI DVD unit to:

The HFL Control Unit in the passenger sidekick panel pin #2, #20, #22, and #21, respectively.

Unfortunately, this attempt did not work.

The ’06 tuner came with two additional connectors for HFL that since I have ’05 NAVI head unit I’m not using. This may be one of my problems.

I’ve attached connector diagrams for the HFL control unit, and two Steering Wheel Connectors for your reference.

[img=http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/6721/hflconnectorno7.th.png]

[img=http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/9979/connectorbeb4.th.png]

[img=http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/4152/connectorcjl1.th.png]

I would really like to get Voice Command to work and would appreciate any help.

Thanks.
Anyone?
Old 01-15-2007, 11:04 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry, you're pretty much in un-charted waters here. I know you've got the ETM and service manual already, and I'm afraid there's more info in there than any of us could provide alone.

I imagine if you came across an 06 navi unit, you could do that swap, as you've already done all the hard work. The 06 does come with additional wiring though, I found that out the hard way when I started cutting into my stock harnesses with an 04 ETM. Before I realized it, I had cut about 6 wires, then realized my harness had 24 pins where the previous one had 20, and things were different. This was right when the 06s came out and there wasn't good info on these things.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:16 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Reach
Sorry, you're pretty much in un-charted waters here. I know you've got the ETM and service manual already, and I'm afraid there's more info in there than any of us could provide alone.

I imagine if you came across an 06 navi unit, you could do that swap, as you've already done all the hard work. The 06 does come with additional wiring though, I found that out the hard way when I started cutting into my stock harnesses with an 04 ETM. Before I realized it, I had cut about 6 wires, then realized my harness had 24 pins where the previous one had 20, and things were different. This was right when the 06s came out and there wasn't good info on these things.
Reach,

Thanks for the response. I'm not giving up on this one just yet. I may even try to bypass the whole HFL control unit and make my own switch. This will take some studying of the ETM, though.

I've seen a lot of your posts. Really good stuff. Thanks for sharing with the group. Let me know if you ever need any info out of the '06 ETM. Just PM me.

Also, I'll let you know how this little project goes. There has to be a way around it!
Old 01-15-2007, 10:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never give up, never surrender. I've got an 06 ETM now too, so tackling projects like the converter-less backup cam are on my springtime list of to-do's.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:46 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Reach
Never give up, never surrender. I've got an 06 ETM now too, so tackling projects like the converter-less backup cam are on my springtime list of to-do's.
Awesome! I've been thinking about htis mod for a month or so. Just been hearing some mixed reviews. My buddy bought a used BMW 745 Li. two weeks later had to take in for electrical problems. The guy who had it last had installed a back up camera. Fortunately for him he bought an extended warranty and the dealer ate the $7K cost to rip out OEM harness and replace it with a new one.

Sounds like a big headache.