TL: 03'TLS fac. nav added ddin HU w nav and now this is happening?!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 03:59 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03'TLS fac. nav added ddin HU w nav and now this is happening?!?!?!?

SO... Here goes...

I just installed a double din HU to replace the Bose wanna be radio crap, I have an aftermarket sub and amp but kept the door speakers. The new HU came with all the bells and whistles, even a back up camera which I LOVE. But, now something really odd is happening. With headlights completely off if I use my blinker the lights in the gauge cluster, D5 light, lights in the buttons on BOTH nav screens BLINK, well dim is a more appropriate word. They dim exactly opposite of the turn signal blinking. Now when I wired up my reverse camera heres the diagram I used:

Only problem was this.... It's ALOT more complicated than that diagram, which I knew it would be to some extent but nothing like this... any way picture one: this is where the "Reverse Relay" is located under the dash that the GRN/BLK wire should be coming from to tap on to to tell the reverse camera to turn on...

But the ONLY green wire with a black stripe I could find that had 12v+ in Reverse was on the opposite side, next to the little fuse panel on the drivers side of the dash when u open the door and remove the trim panel covering it.

The blue wire is the one providing reverse signal to my HU, yea looks shotty but it's soldered right covered with liquid electrical tape and i wrapped the reg stuff just for good measure...

So my question to all you guys out there with back up cameras... Is this the correct spot to be getting my signal from? If not then where? And could this be what's causing my dash lights to dim with the blinker?
Old 02-27-2015, 10:23 PM
Instructor

So I'm adding these pictures too, sorry theyre so big. But as you can see it's a mess under my dash. The reverse relay is the middle one with red on it, and there are connectors with wires that plug into the side of the module which you can barely see, these are taken from the driver side floor board looking up and to the left right by the pedals, I actually had to push the e-brake in to make room. I see on the diagram there should be a white wire coming from the "Transmission Range Switch" but I couldn't find one except a HUGE one that had 12v all the time, not just in reverse... I know these pics are a pain to look at but someone please if you have done a back up cam for your screen before just tell me what wire you used. Not the color if it's a different model but it's purpose. THANK YOU!!!!

Old 03-03-2015, 05:50 PM
Instructor

No one???