03 tl, unlock wire--location?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 09:36 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 tl, unlock wire--location?

Im in the middle of an install- remote start using the factory remote. Everything went well till I hit a road block.... I need to find the location of the unlock or lock wires so i can activate the remote start. The only place I've seen was the D/S door...Anyone happen to know if i can pick it up elsewhere? I just hate to have to run a wire through the loom. I guess worst case I'll just tap into the factory chirp (lock twice on the remote..chirp-relay might be needed)
As for the factory arm and disarm, Ive seen people going in the door for this. I picked it up at the pass side fuse panel. Orange unlock(disarm) Black/blue lock(arm) send it to gnd
coupe
Old 04-02-2003, 10:02 PM
Advanced

Just remember, when you do it this way, you WILL NOT be able to lock/unlock your doors once the car is running via remote start. This is due to the keyless entry module. The wires are black with a blue stripe for lock, and orange for unlock located in a green 20 pin connector in the passenger fuse box.
Old 04-02-2003, 10:33 PM
Instructor

Dave@SE
What im looking for is a - pulse from the locks when the remote is depressed. When the remote is depressed im not getting a neg pulse from the orange or black/blue. Should I be? Its been a long day for me 13hrs repairing cars.. I was pretty much burnt out when I started the install at 7:30pm
Old 04-03-2003, 09:45 PM
Instructor

Dave@SE,
I found the wire I was after I was looking for a neg pulse when the factory remote unlock is pressed. The wiring schematic that this company sent me for a 02 Acura TL was useless!!!
If I recall correctly it said green/red located in drivers door. I checked this wire via door switch it was the correct one. So taking it as that I assumed that the remote would also send neg pulse to this wire....So what did I do I took the doorcheck off and removed the factory door harness and ran a wire through the rubber boot. Now that everything is connected I go to remote start it via remote and it didn't start....SOB. At this point the wiring schematic was in the trash can with spit all over it.
I looked up the power lock schematic in ALLDATA and saw that the remote transmitter is under the pass dash, it runs to the drivers multiplex. It was a pink w/ black tracer(unlock). I had to laugh that i ran a wire through the factory door boot for no reason.... Oh well atleast now I have a snake so I can pull some speaker wire through it.
Since I haven't wrapped up my project yet, any suggestion for door speakers, these 3yr old kenwood dual mags aren't cutting it anymore. I need a little more thump from the doors and some sweet highs. Any suggestions?Im looking for very high end. My music taste....80's 90's top 20, dance, and rock on XM sat (w/ blitzsafe). I do have a 4channel kenwood 501F (75x4?) running the fronts now and a jl10w7 in ho jl box with a 500/1 jl amp. Should I trash the 501F?
coupe
oh yeah, If i put a relay on the yellow wire coming from the ign that goes to the remote transmitter. I should be able to operate my remote with the car started..Autolock sucks
Old 04-04-2003, 05:38 PM
Instructor

FYI If you pull down the glove box, the reciever module for the remotes is on the right side near the vent. If you take the yellow wire out of the unit remotes will work with the car running...

Pictures and schematics
http://www.acurainspired.com/gallery...umName=albuo95