History of this Site??? - Page 9 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Notices

History of this Site???

 
 
Old 01-07-2005, 07:08 PM
  #321  
Banned
 
MADCAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,328
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Someone sgot 64 posts under his belt and just warming up!?
MADCAT is offline  
Old 01-07-2005, 07:08 PM
  #322  
Registered Member
 
DEI99662's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA
Age: 42
Posts: 9,808
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Astroboy
like what? I think most of it has been accurately laid out already....


How about telling us about the future of Acurazine. Where do you want it to go and where do you see it going?

DEI99662 is offline  
Old 01-07-2005, 07:10 PM
  #323  
04 TL 6MT NAVI ABP/Q
 
Casper42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Simi Valley, CA 805
Age: 42
Posts: 1,314
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This thread is the epitomy of A-TL's Ramblings section. Some good/fun information, with a ton of whores surrounding it.

Soopa: So as asked previously but never really answered..... Whats under the hood?

How many Servers? What kinds?
Are they in NY kinda nearby or just generic webhost boxes froma big hosting company?

We just spent a ton of money on some new servers. Had to spend some of that 04 budget before it was gone.
14 Dual Xeon 1Us
3 Quad Opterons (32GB ram)
2 Quad Xeons (8GB each, damn Windows limitations)
and a crapload of disk for existing NetApp filers.

PS: Not sure who does all your DB Design, but I turned the owner of FatWallet.com (also named Tim) on to this company a while back and he seems to love the extra performance from his Read Only DB Cache servers. If your ever interested, lemme know and I can hook you up with some contact info. They might be willing to do a demo loaner as well. The funny thing is the guy who I hooked Tim up with, was actually a member or lurker over at FW.com and had used them on several occasiona in the past for some deals.
Casper42 is offline  
Old 01-07-2005, 07:17 PM
  #324  
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,984
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ight guys im out, gonna check up on a party real quick
55M2G7L is offline  
Old 01-07-2005, 07:18 PM
  #325  
Registered Member
 
DEI99662's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA
Age: 42
Posts: 9,808
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by 55M2G7L
ight guys im out, gonna check up on a party real quick
Later.
DEI99662 is offline  
Old 01-07-2005, 07:20 PM
  #326  
Senior Moderator
 
fsttyms1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Appleton WI
Age: 44
Posts: 81,343
Thanked 3,003 Times in 2,083 Posts
Originally Posted by Astroboy
like what? I think most of it has been accurately laid out already....
so are we going to have to find something to do later or are we going to be up and running all night?
fsttyms1 is offline  
Old 01-07-2005, 07:38 PM
  #327  
Senior Moderator
 
fsttyms1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Appleton WI
Age: 44
Posts: 81,343
Thanked 3,003 Times in 2,083 Posts
anyone??????
fsttyms1 is offline  
Old 01-07-2005, 07:53 PM
  #328  
Community Architect
robb m.
 
astro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: ON
Age: 42
Posts: 72,448
Thanked 398 Times in 170 Posts
going down soon
astro is offline  
Old 01-07-2005, 07:53 PM
  #329  
Photoshops, and Polls!!!!
 
Jerky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SF Bay Area
Age: 43
Posts: 6,845
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
nooooooooooooo


dont turn jatt off!!!!
Jerky is offline  
Old 01-07-2005, 07:54 PM
  #330  
The Creator
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Albany, NY
Age: 37
Posts: 37,962
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 55M2G7L
i think hes eating
soopa is offline  
Old 01-07-2005, 07:54 PM
  #331  
The Creator
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Albany, NY
Age: 37
Posts: 37,962
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jerky
History Question:

Who was the least likely person you would expect to become a mod, but did?
I would say CLpower and/or Amir. Both very unlikely candidates, both turned out to be some of our best mods.
soopa is offline  
Old 01-07-2005, 07:54 PM
  #332  
The Creator
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Albany, NY
Age: 37
Posts: 37,962
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jerky
History Question

What's the longest the site has been down? and Why?
When I merged the user databases. About 72 hours.
soopa is offline  
Old 01-07-2005, 07:56 PM
  #333  
The Creator
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Albany, NY
Age: 37
Posts: 37,962
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Casper42
This thread is the epitomy of A-TL's Ramblings section. Some good/fun information, with a ton of whores surrounding it.

Soopa: So as asked previously but never really answered..... Whats under the hood?

How many Servers? What kinds?
Are they in NY kinda nearby or just generic webhost boxes froma big hosting company?

We just spent a ton of money on some new servers. Had to spend some of that 04 budget before it was gone.
14 Dual Xeon 1Us

3 Quad Opterons (32GB ram)
2 Quad Xeons (8GB each, damn Windows limitations)
and a crapload of disk for existing NetApp filers.

PS: Not sure who does all your DB Design, but I turned the owner of FatWallet.com (also named Tim) on to this company a while back and he seems to love the extra performance from his Read Only DB Cache servers. If your ever interested, lemme know and I can hook you up with some contact info. They might be willing to do a demo loaner as well. The funny thing is the guy who I hooked Tim up with, was actually a member or lurker over at FW.com and had used them on several occasiona in the past for some deals.

See RL forum for a recent run down of the gear.

It takes remarkably little, thanks to some smart system, db design and application architecture... so we have plenty of overhead.
soopa is offline  
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
SidhuSaaB
3G TL Problems & Fixes
14
01-31-2019 08:08 AM
gatrhumpy
Non-Automotive & Motorcycle Sales
19
12-31-2015 04:22 PM
xsilverhawkx
2G TL Problems & Fixes
4
10-05-2015 11:00 AM
012TL-GLM
Fifth Generation TLX (2015+)
4
10-05-2015 06:32 AM
tristann616
1G & 2G MDX Discussion (2001-2013)
2
09-22-2015 11:40 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: History of this Site???


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.