Vancouver BC Canada/Seattle Washington Meet Sept/11/05 (PICS INSIDE!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 02:59 PM
'07 November = STI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by uncald4
Judging from the lack of response to the California meet.... I'm guessing that most of us ain't gonna make it. Cuz we jest been to Canada..... And we ain't been right since!!

Nah.... That's a long drive for us up north in Canada and Washington State. And we just had a meet a week ago. And.... We can't afford a run-in with those CHP fellers!! ANDREW!!

I hope some of us can go and represent the Northwest. I nominate..... David!!

hahaha

im not sure if i can make it down.. thats heck of alot farther then canada..
Old 09-27-2005, 03:12 PM
'07 November = STI

btw, does anybody know a place in seattle that will install my camber kit for real cheap??

i asked a speed shop and they quoted me $210 w/alignment...

IMO.. this sounds like a rip off.. haha

anybody got a good shop they go to?
Old 09-27-2005, 03:25 PM
boosted is best

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Rider
Come on down Bro!!

You won't be sorry.
WCM4 Info
Old 09-27-2005, 03:26 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by CJams
Next time we will track down NeoChaser and kidnap him so we have super sweet pics of our rides!
i talked to Neochaser i'll let him knwo next time u guys are heading up here or if we're gonna go down to seattle! but he is living in the interior at the moment so that's why i coudln't get hold of him he's got a diff area code haha.. so it would take him about 6 hrs to drive to vancouver.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:54 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by legendaryCL98
btw, does anybody know a place in seattle that will install my camber kit for real cheap??

give PPI a call...206.277.8676

good bunch of guys
Old 09-30-2005, 12:14 PM
Subie Dubie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hahaha

im not sure if i can make it down.. thats heck of alot farther then canada..
The hotel in Medford is set and details have been posted in the thread in Club Meets. Great rate and free breakfast and wireless internet. Also looks like great weather.

Come on, it's only 6 hours from Seattle to Medford, I'll buy Starbucks in Portland!!

I hope you and others may still try and make it
Old 09-30-2005, 12:26 PM
Registered Schmegistered

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts

Do you already have the kit, or is that price include the cost of the kit. If it includes the cost of the kit, then it's a good price....
Old 09-30-2005, 01:00 PM
300whp 237wtrq

go get it installed at after hours auto in bellevue right accross the street from Acura of Bellevue.. he charged 120 for install and alignment. and he's really good!

ask for Kenny and say that Andrew refered you.

Old 09-30-2005, 01:02 PM
300whp 237wtrq

Judging from the lack of response to the California meet.... I'm guessing that most of us ain't gonna make it. Cuz we jest been to Canada..... And we ain't been right since!!

Nah.... That's a long drive for us up north in Canada and Washington State. And we just had a meet a week ago. And.... We can't afford a run-in with those CHP fellers!! ANDREW!!

I hope some of us can go and represent the Northwest. I nominate..... David!!

hahahaha.. .seriously.... no more cop encounters...
Old 09-30-2005, 02:19 PM
Registered Schmegistered

Hey legendary,
If you want to drive up to my place and do it yourself, i'll give you a hand..... I have a garage with tools.

James
Old 09-30-2005, 02:23 PM
'07 November = STI

Originally Posted by itrhybrid
Hey legendary,
If you want to drive up to my place and do it yourself, i'll give you a hand..... I have a garage with tools.

James

really? is it pretty easy to install?

i took a look at the setup.. and i tried to unscrew one of the bolts holding on the stock camber.. but i couldnt get it off.. i need like some sort of special tool.. anywho, it would be tiite if u would lend me your tools

maybe we should have a mini meet at your garage
Old 09-30-2005, 02:28 PM
Registered Schmegistered

really? is it pretty easy to install?

i took a look at the setup.. and i tried to unscrew one of the bolts holding on the stock camber.. but i couldnt get it off.. i need like some sort of special tool.. anywho, it would be tiite if u would lend me your tools

maybe we should have a mini meet at your garage
I can't imagine it being any more difficult that most other Acura's. I'm not aware of any "special" tools needed, but I'm not 100% familiar with CL's. If you can find out about anything special needed or not needed, then we can plan accordingly. I've got the compressor, hand tools and space. Mini-meet works for me.

James
Old 09-30-2005, 02:54 PM
'07 November = STI

I can't imagine it being any more difficult that most other Acura's. I'm not aware of any "special" tools needed, but I'm not 100% familiar with CL's. If you can find out about anything special needed or not needed, then we can plan accordingly. I've got the compressor, hand tools and space. Mini-meet works for me.

James
hmm.. ill try to figure out what tools i need.. and ill msg u when im rdy!

yay! im gonna save $200+
Old 09-30-2005, 02:58 PM
'07 November = STI

btw! who wants to have a mini meet? ill bring drinks! hehe.. its not gonna be alcoholic tho.. im underage.. hehe
Old 09-30-2005, 02:58 PM
Registered Schmegistered

hmm.. ill try to figure out what tools i need.. and ill msg u when im rdy!

yay! im gonna save $200+
OK. Just to be sure were on the same page here. I'm not doing all of the work for you now. I'll help you do the work along with lending the tools. But yes you'll be saving the $200. We can have a BBQ afterwards too or check out a movie in my theater. I've been dying to show it off some more.

Oh and Mariners game tonight. Go M's!
Old 09-30-2005, 03:01 PM
Registered Schmegistered

btw! who wants to have a mini meet? ill bring drinks! hehe.. its not gonna be alcoholic tho.. im underage.. hehe
It's going to be a couple of weeks until I have some time. I've got Mariners games tonight and Sunday. Son's soccer on Saturday along with visiting family. Next weekend I'm in Vegas

Can you wait that long?

James
Old 09-30-2005, 03:14 PM
'07 November = STI

OK. Just to be sure were on the same page here. I'm not doing all of the work for you now. I'll help you do the work along with lending the tools. But yes you'll be saving the $200. We can have a BBQ afterwards too or check out a movie in my theater. I've been dying to show it off some more.

Oh and Mariners game tonight. Go M's!

hehe

i know your not doing the work.. i just need someone watching my back unless i mess up real bad.. hahaha..

plus, i dont have working jack now that i think about it.. hehe.. it makes a funny noise and doesnt lift..

as for the tools.. i found a really good DIY link on the CL board.. hehe.. he makes it sound so easy

are the M's playing tonight? i heard the stadium was pretty dead yesterday
Old 09-30-2005, 03:23 PM
Registered Schmegistered

hehe

i know your not doing the work.. i just need someone watching my back unless i mess up real bad.. hahaha..

plus, i dont have working jack now that i think about it.. hehe.. it makes a funny noise and doesnt lift..

as for the tools.. i found a really good DIY link on the CL board.. hehe.. he makes it sound so easy

are the M's playing tonight? i heard the stadium was pretty dead yesterday
OK Cool. We should be good to go then.

Safeco should be packed tonight. It's Dan Wilson's last night starting behind the plate. Should be pretty emotional for Mariners fans.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Good luck with that camber kit. I work on cars all day.... and I'd still have someone else do it. Suspension work is not something that you wanna risk on inexperience. Granted, it's an easy task. Says who? If you've done it before then I'd say that you could do it again. On any car. But if you've never pulled the suspension apart before..... Please be careful. And if I see you on the freeway.... I'll pull off until you pass.

On another note...

Have you guys ever heard of Paramount Centre? They are a collision repair shop. AKA: They paint cars. They were highly recommended by several dealerships. We are taking the TL in on Tuesday to have the front bumper repainted. I stressed to them that quality is a must. The guy didn't flinch. He pointed out to the parking lot. BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar, Lexus... etc. All fat rides. We're paying almost $700 to have the front repainted. If you want to see what it looks like now, look at the previous pics. It's the Blue Type-S without the A-Spec kit. Lots of rock chips.

I'll let you guys know how well it turns out. Just from our last encounter.... I already recommend them. Very professional.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:35 AM
Burning Brakes

Good luck with that camber kit. I work on cars all day.... and I'd still have someone else do it. Suspension work is not something that you wanna risk on inexperience. Granted, it's an easy task. Says who? If you've done it before then I'd say that you could do it again. On any car. But if you've never pulled the suspension apart before..... Please be careful. And if I see you on the freeway.... I'll pull off until you pass.

On another note...

Have you guys ever heard of Paramount Centre? They are a collision repair shop. AKA: They paint cars. They were highly recommended by several dealerships. We are taking the TL in on Tuesday to have the front bumper repainted. I stressed to them that quality is a must. The guy didn't flinch. He pointed out to the parking lot. BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar, Lexus... etc. All fat rides. We're paying almost $700 to have the front repainted. If you want to see what it looks like now, look at the previous pics. It's the Blue Type-S without the A-Spec kit. Lots of rock chips.

I'll let you guys know how well it turns out. Just from our last encounter.... I already recommend them. Very professional.
What about after you get it painted? Will you be putting anything on it to protect it from this coming winter?
Old 10-01-2005, 05:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by clay8898
What about after you get it painted? Will you be putting anything on it to protect it from this coming winter?
Nope.... I love the car. But I really think we might slide into a newer TL. I'm not sure.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:47 AM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PM JTso! He has installed a suspension or two.

Uncald........$700 Cha ching! Why get it painted if your'e gonna trade up for a newer TL?
Old 10-03-2005, 01:33 PM
'07 November = STI

Uncald........$700 Cha ching! Why get it painted if your'e gonna trade up for a newer TL?
hmm.. maybe i should

o, i didnt see your post when u asked me what border patrol said to me.. haha

they asked me the same-o questions.. why where u in canada.. are u bringing anything over from canada.. let me see your registration..

they always do this to me.. last time i went up there, they sniffed my car with a dog too.. haha
Old 10-03-2005, 01:38 PM
Former Sponsor

I can't roll around with fucked up paint on my front man. Even if I am getting rid of it. The TL has been a bit neglected. I brought it in to work today to clean it up a bit. I don't want the dudes at the body shop to laugh. It will probably be the shittiest car in there. When we brought it down last week.... all they had on the lot were BMW's, Mercedes' and Lexus'.

I want it done right. I don't care how much it costs.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:59 PM
Guinea Pig

Travis-What happened to the front end again?
Old 10-03-2005, 10:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Travis-What happened to the front end again?
When we bought the car it was in perfect condition. Not a mark on it. It had been returned at the end of it's lease. It had very low miles and was driven by old people in Arizona. After driving the car for about a week we noticed that it had lots of rock chips on the front bumper. I brought it to work one day to put PIAA bulbs in the fog lamps and noticed that it had been resprayed. The front bumper only. But whoever resprayed it didn't strip the old paint. So the new paint wasn't sticking so well. Now we've had it since December.... the front bumper is full of little rock chips. Looks horrible up close. I'll take pictures of it before we take it in tomorrow.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:57 AM
Guinea Pig

Good Luck! WA has more rock chips and broken windshields than any other state I have been in. I have had my bumper on for about a month and it looks like someone blasted me with an automatic B B gun.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:52 PM
'07 November = STI

Good Luck! WA has more rock chips and broken windshields than any other state I have been in. I have had my bumper on for about a month and it looks like someone blasted me with an automatic B B gun.

my windshield was cracked for like 6 months.. haha

and im not ready to dish out like 300 bucks for it..
Old 10-04-2005, 02:56 PM
Former Sponsor

I'm willing to dish out whatever it takes. Get another job David. Shheeesh.. Start selling crack or something.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:10 PM
Guinea Pig

I had my car for less than a week and a rock hit the windshield and cracked it. Had it fixed, but didn't replace the windshield. Jiffy Lube repaired it for free when I changed my oil.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Name:  PICT3196.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  44.5 KB
Name:  PICT3197.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  40.9 KB

Those were taken this morn before we brought it to THE SHOP.

Don't look at my license plate!

Last edited by uncald4; 10-04-2005 at 07:01 PM.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:10 PM
Guinea Pig

^^^Thats what mine looks like and I have already touched up the paint with airbrush a few times so far. 110miles per day takes a toll on the ride.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:02 PM
Former Sponsor

^^^Thats what mine looks like and I have already touched up the paint with airbrush a few times so far. 110miles per day takes a toll on the ride.
Damn son! I drive about 80 miles a day. Usually in the Civic. And it doesn't have very many rock chips at all. I think that paint quality has alot to do with it. My Civic still has the original surface. I take very good care of it. Our TL has been resprayed. And I know that your TSX is factory paint.

We're going to pick up the TL in about an hour. We'll see how expensive paint holds up to rocks!!
Old 10-06-2005, 01:17 AM
Burning Brakes

I heard of a lot of people complaining about the poor paint jobs on the TL's. That they chip too easly. Maybe it's true. I've had some bad chips in some weird ass spots.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by clay8898
I heard of a lot of people complaining about the poor paint jobs on the TL's. That they chip too easly. Maybe it's true. I've had some bad chips in some weird ass spots.
There are no other blemishes on our paint. Other than the front bumper that's been resprayed.

Our experience with the body shop in Fife was fucking horrible. Can anybody do their fucking job anymore? I stressed to them that I needed it done correctly. No matter how much time or money it took. I explained that I've had a bad experience every time I've taken my cars to anyone. Oh well... Horray for consistency right?

We have to take it in again next week so that they can do the whole thing over. Bastards!
Old 10-07-2005, 01:10 PM
'07 November = STI

There are no other blemishes on our paint. Other than the front bumper that's been resprayed.

Our experience with the body shop in Fife was fucking horrible. Can anybody do their fucking job anymore? I stressed to them that I needed it done correctly. No matter how much time or money it took. I explained that I've had a bad experience every time I've taken my cars to anyone. Oh well... Horray for consistency right?

We have to take it in again next week so that they can do the whole thing over. Bastards!
sounds like a pain in the ass.. haha.. hope everything turns out allright
Old 10-08-2005, 12:28 AM
Burning Brakes

That sux hard. We have to take our TL in because the dam CD player won't work.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:12 PM
Guinea Pig

Hey clay, what ever happened with the sunroof? Did the TL immune system fix it?

Travis, that sux! I hate taking my car to anyone for any reason anymore. I am gonna have to repaint mine soon as well. As I suspected before I put the kit on, my low rider driving techniques are sub-par This morning on the way to work on 16 between the Narrows and the I5 junction I drove directly in to another meteor shower. was like 5 cars behind a semi in the "fast" lane and the air turbulance was just throwing rocks around like crazy. My hood is starting to look like my front bumper.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Yeah the dealer fixed it. Then they dented my rim. The sunroof was off track because of a rock.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:38 PM
'07 November = STI

hey guyz! looks like ill be showing up to the meets in a xB now.. haha

my sister is keeping the CL tho

i bought a black xB on sunday.. runs smooth.. i love it..

it better run smooth.. haha.. its a freakin brand new car

Quick Reply: Vancouver BC Canada/Seattle Washington Meet Sept/11/05 (PICS INSIDE!)