Sacramento Meet #5 - Saturday August 18

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2001 | 10:09 PM
My other car is a 350Z

Actually I was wrong...it was the DSC S85. I doubt that 4 megapixels is any different the 3 in terms of noticeable picture quality, but I'm such a mediocre camera operator that I need all the help I can get.
Old 08-09-2001 | 10:21 PM
My other car is a 350Z

OK, I am plowing forward with the springs and shocks. I put the order into www.autocarparts.com this afternoon. About a half hour ago I got a UPS expected shipping date of Thursday, 8/16. So I got on the phone with Niello and made an appointment for Friday morning, 8/17 to get the springs, shocks, AND alignment for $416. Seems like the price (and place) is right to me.

Meet 5.0: p1mp@ge alert!!! Watch out for the H4mm3rm4n!!!
Old 08-09-2001 | 10:57 PM
Subie Dubie

Originally posted by H4mm3rm4n:
<STRONG>OK, I am plowing forward with the springs and shocks. I put the order into www.autocarparts.com this afternoon. About a half hour ago I got a UPS expected shipping date of Thursday, 8/16. So I got on the phone with Niello and made an appointment for Friday morning, 8/17 to get the springs, shocks, AND alignment for $416. Seems like the price (and place) is right to me.

Meet 5.0: p1mp@ge alert!!! Watch out for the H4mm3rm4n!!! </STRONG>
Congrats Mike !! Watch him come flying into the parking lot.
Old 08-10-2001 | 11:09 AM
Advanced

All right Mike! Just-in time for the meet… Now I really have to get springs.. Crap! :p

Dude is Wednesday still on? I’m game!

P.S. Check out my sig......
Old 08-10-2001 | 01:08 PM
My other car is a 350Z

Originally posted by Norcal CL-s:
<STRONG>All right Mike! Just-in time for the meet… Now I really have to get springs.. Crap! :p

Dude is Wednesday still on? I’m game!

P.S. Check out my sig......</STRONG>
Comptech exhaust....SOOOOOWEEEEEET!!!! Yeah, I'm still on for Wednesday...I must have my vengence!!!

Now hurry up and spend the rest of that $1000 on the springs before your significant other gets her sticky fingers on it.
Old 08-10-2001 | 01:10 PM
My other car is a 350Z

Hey, dudes...I updated our meet web site with info from meet #4.5. I posted a link to the pictures, but I was too lazy to build a thumbnails page for them, so you'll have to browse them individually.

I also updated the pictures pages for each of our cars (except Gary) with a current mods list. Glenn, I finally added pix of your Toyos that Jim took to your page. Please check out your mods list and make sure I got it right. If you want you guys can also add a link to your car's page in your acura-cl.com signature by adding the following (remove the "x")

[xURL=http://www.2carlsons.net/RedRider]My Car[/xURL]
[xURL=http://www.2carlsons.net/Norcal-CLS]My Car[/xURL]
[xURL=http://www.2carlsons.net/Q2killer]My Car[/xURL]

Gary, we can take extensive pictures of your car at the next meet so we can get a page up for you as well (if you like). And we need more pictures of Jim's and Justin's cars as well. Can't wait for them new digital cameras!!! Jacobian, Brylee, KingsFanPaul: if you make it to the meet as well we can capture pix of your rides as well and get them posted.

You've probably seen the threads in Car Talk about the impending closure of the ISP where the acura.cl.com site is hosted. If it does die permanently we can still keep in touch on email. Plus, I think I might be able to get some kind of a chat forum running on my web server at home.

Anyhoo...looking forward to meet #5.0!!!

[ 08-10-2001: Message edited by: H4mm3rm4n ]
Old 08-10-2001 | 01:19 PM
Subie Dubie

Wow, many new upgrades just in time for our next meet. Have we settled on meeting in Roseville with a road trip into gold country ? I'll try and look at some maps this weekend and see if something stands out.
Everybody should take a look and get some ideas so we can finalize. Edub, Ashburner, are you guys in ? Anyone else ? Lets drive these modded mofos!!
Old 08-10-2001 | 01:47 PM
Racer

There are plenty of roads out in Roseville, but I only have found "Completely Straight" roads. I will do some more "Cruising" and looking this weekend and let you guys know.

Yeah you guys. Ring in here if you guys plan on coming to Meet 5.0

Originally posted by Red Rider:
<STRONG>Wow, many new upgrades just in time for our next meet. Have we settled on meeting in Roseville with a road trip into gold country ? I'll try and look at some maps this weekend and see if something stands out.
Everybody should take a look and get some ideas so we can finalize. Edub, Ashburner, are you guys in ? Anyone else ? Lets drive these modded mofos!!</STRONG>
Old 08-10-2001 | 01:50 PM
Racer

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ <== [This space intentionally left blank for Comptech headers]

YOU ARE FUNNY MIKE !!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-10-2001 | 02:34 PM
My other car is a 350Z

Originally posted by q2killer:
<STRONG>_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ <== [This space intentionally left blank for Comptech headers]

YOU ARE FUNNY MIKE !!!!!!!!!!</STRONG>
I thought you'd like that...hehe...be sure to check out Justin's page as well, he got similar treatment.
Old 08-11-2001 | 12:14 AM
My other car is a 350Z

Hey, Glenn...about those Motegi RO_JA wheels that looked cool in Sport & Comptact Car: forget it. I emailed them asking about wheel prices and offsets and the closet fit they have to our stock wheel is 17x7" at +42 offset. Too bad, the wheel was relatively light (14.2 lbs) albeit a bit pricey ($390).
Old 08-11-2001 | 12:20 AM
Subie Dubie

<STRONG>Hey, Glenn...about those Motegi RO_JA wheels that looked cool in Sport & Comptact Car: forget it. I emailed them asking about wheel prices and offsets and the closet fit they have to our stock wheel is 17x7" at +42 offset. Too bad, the wheel was relatively light (14.2 lbs) albeit a bit pricey ($390).</STRONG>
Mike, that is to bad. I liked them alot. Oh well, half the fun is continuing to look. And for the money we're gonna spend we BETTER like them ALOT !!
Old 08-11-2001 | 11:50 PM
The Screeching Toyo's

Hey guys, I am definately gonna be there on Saturday. Let me know when you all get a meeting place and time set!!!! I haven't done any mods yet, but I am hoping that meeting up with you all will help me decide what to do!! I have pics of my car up. The link below will take you to the page. My car is the two pics at the bottom. Please let me know what you think

Cars Page 3
Old 08-12-2001 | 01:13 AM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

<STRONG>

Eric, thanks for the offer...unfortunately I don't have a good picture of my car at an angle like Red Rider's. I'm trying to obtain a nice quality digital camera so I can get some mo betta pix of my car.</STRONG>

I don't have any pictures of my car at that angle either.. maybe someone at the meet this Saturday can help a brotha out.
The DSC S85 is an awesome camera.. I wish I could afford a camera at the moment.. it will have to wait a few months..

Glenn,
what kinds of other Sony stuff can you get??
Lets talk about it at the meet..
Old 08-12-2001 | 02:11 AM
Subie Dubie

Originally posted by AztecRol:
<STRONG>Hey guys, I am definately gonna be there on Saturday. Let me know when you all get a meeting place and time set!!!! I haven't done any mods yet, but I am hoping that meeting up with you all will help me decide what to do!! I have pics of my car up. The link below will take you to the page. My car is the two pics at the bottom. Please let me know what you think

Cars Page 3</STRONG>
Hey Aztec, looking forward to seeing you at the meet. I love the color, and i'm curious to see the chromed wheels up close. Glad you're coming, we need a blue !!
Old 08-12-2001 | 03:30 AM
Racer

Nice to hear you will make it. Nice color too. I really like that Blue color. Oh and those wheels. Would be really nice to see those chrome ones up close and personal... See you @ the meet.

<STRONG>Hey guys, I am definately gonna be there on Saturday. Let me know when you all get a meeting place and time set!!!! I haven't done any mods yet, but I am hoping that meeting up with you all will help me decide what to do!! I have pics of my car up. The link below will take you to the page. My car is the two pics at the bottom. Please let me know what you think

Cars Page 3</STRONG>
Old 08-12-2001 | 06:52 PM
The Screeching Toyo's

Oh yeah, almost forgot. I have a Sony Cyber Shot 50 digi cam!!!! With a 128 MB memory stick!!! So don't worry about pictures!! I can take over 200 at 1024 x 768!!!! I will be happy to take all the pics you all want and either email them or icq them to you all. Or I could email them or icq them to one person to post on the webpage!!!
Old 08-12-2001 | 09:32 PM
Racer

Cool AztecRol, I was wondering how you like your camera? Good and Bads about the camera. You can email me @ q2killer@yahoo.com. I have one on order from RedRider. Hopefully he will bring it @ the meet.

<STRONG>Oh yeah, almost forgot. I have a Sony Cyber Shot 50 digi cam!!!! With a 128 MB memory stick!!! So don't worry about pictures!! I can take over 200 at 1024 x 768!!!! I will be happy to take all the pics you all want and either email them or icq them to you all. Or I could email them or icq them to one person to post on the webpage!!! </STRONG>
Old 08-13-2001 | 12:10 AM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

I got bored again..

Old 08-13-2001 | 01:20 AM
My other car is a 350Z

Ha! You R punk beech! You can get bored any time you like, thank you!!!

Still waiting for you to get bored with GT1s...hehe...
Old 08-13-2001 | 02:48 AM
Racer

So Meet 5.0 is almost here. Seems like it has been along time since Meet 4.0. So I guess that's why we had Meet 4.5.

I wanted to get a "ROLL CALL" of who plans on making it to Meet 5.0.
(If any of this info is incorrect please let me know.)

Attendees:

H4mm3rm4n
Red Rider
Norcal CL-s
q2killer
AztecRol
Ebub-TL

Some that have showed interest but
unsure if attending:

GRF
Jacobian
KingsFanPaul
Ashburner
Brylee

[ 08-15-2001: Message edited by: q2killer ]
Old 08-13-2001 | 03:13 AM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

<STRONG>
Still waiting for you to get bored with GT1s...hehe... </STRONG>
Sorry, no CLS silver.. but here is one I did on my car..

GT1

GT3
Old 08-13-2001 | 03:34 AM
My other car is a 350Z

Well, those GT1s are just dope!!! Damn, I'm gonna have a hard time waiting a few more months for wheels. Must.......... resist.......... temptation.......... must.......... not.......... look.......... at......... stock.......... scratched.......... rims.............
Old 08-13-2001 | 04:01 AM
Subie Dubie

Mike,E-mail me tomorrow and let me know when is a good time to call you at work and the number to reach you at. I looked at some maps and have some ideas for #5. One is real cool, but would take most of the day. If phoning is no good i'll work with you on e-mail.
Old 08-13-2001 | 04:05 AM
Subie Dubie

Originally posted by q2killer:
<STRONG>So Meet 5.0 is almost here. Seems like it has been along time since Meet 4.0. So I guess that's why we had Meet 4.5.

I wanted to get a "ROLL CALL" of who plans on making it to Meet 5.0.
(If any of this info is incorrect please let me know.)

Attendees:

H4mm3rm4n
Red Rider
Norcal CL-s
q2killer
AztecRol
Ebub-TL

Some that have showed interest but
unsure if attending:

GRF
Jacobian
KingsFanPaul
Ashburner</STRONG>
Jim, i believe Jacobian responded recently that he would make it. We need TLs.
Old 08-13-2001 | 04:35 AM
My other car is a 350Z

Glenn, great minds think alike...I just spent a few minutes looking through a map for possible courses. I'll email you tomorrow so we can talk, but meanwhile...I scanned a portion of a foothills/valley map:
http://www.2carlsons.net/images/meet_5.0_map.jpg

Since it doesn't look like any other Roseville area members are going to materialize at the meet besides Jim (hello Ashburner are you there?), I figure we should meet at the Starbucks in Elk Grove as usual. I don't care where we drive from there (I have all day ), but not everyone may feel the same.

Take a look at the map, and tell me what you think about the follwing:

1. North on Grant Line Road to White Rock Road
2. East on White Rock Road to Latrobe Road
3. South on Latrobe Road...pass right by Comptech (anyone home ).
4. East on Hwy 16 (Jackson Hwy) to Hwy 49.
5. Take Hwy 49 south...stop in Sutter Creek or Jackson for lunch.
6. Back on Hwy 49 going South (twisties...hehe...). Stop just short of Angel's Camp.
7. Head West on Hwy 4. Nice rolling hills eventually turning into the flats. Take Hwy 4 to Hwy 99.
8. Take Hwy 99 back to Elk Grove.

It's just one of many possibilities. We can certaily go shorter or longer. What do the rest of you homies think? Any other ideas?

[ 08-13-2001: Message edited by: H4mm3rm4n ]
Old 08-13-2001 | 02:00 PM
Subie Dubie

<STRONG>Glenn, great minds think alike...I just spent a few minutes looking through a map for possible courses. I'll email you tomorrow so we can talk, but meanwhile...I scanned a portion of a foothills/valley map:
http://www.2carlsons.net/images/meet_5.0_map.jpg

Since it doesn't look like any other Roseville area members are going to materialize at the meet besides Jim (hello Ashburner are you there?), I figure we should meet at the Starbucks in Elk Grove as usual. I don't care where we drive from there (I have all day ), but not everyone may feel the same.

Take a look at the map, and tell me what you think about the follwing:

1. North on Grant Line Road to White Rock Road
2. East on White Rock Road to Latrobe Road
3. South on Latrobe Road...pass right by Comptech (anyone home ).
4. East on Hwy 16 (Jackson Hwy) to Hwy 49.
5. Take Hwy 49 south...stop in Sutter Creek or Jackson for lunch.
6. Back on Hwy 49 going South (twisties...hehe...). Stop just short of Angel's Camp.
7. Head West on Hwy 4. Nice rolling hills eventually turning into the flats. Take Hwy 4 to Hwy 99.
8. Take Hwy 99 back to Elk Grove.

It's just one of many possibilities. We can certaily go shorter or longer. What do the rest of you homies think? Any other ideas?

[ 08-13-2001: Message edited by: H4mm3rm4n ]</STRONG>
Looks good to me Mike. I had us going north and east sort of, expecting to go out of Roseville. We would meander on 49 and another hwy and eventually come in to Truckee. Then it would have been a straight shot down to Sacto. It was about 200 miles, looked like similar windy roads in gold country, lots of small towns. Maybe another time when we get the other Roseville dudes other than Jim involved. This looks like fun, all we gotta do is find a cool restaurant with some history or something to make our big stop at ! Who has a movie camera, this trip may justify some filming !!
Old 08-13-2001 | 02:14 PM
Racer

I have a Sony digital Camcorder I can bring. Route sounds good Mike. I was looking up here in Roseville for a site over the weekend. But there are just too many STRAIGHT roads out here.

Originally posted by Red Rider:
<STRONG>

Looks good to me Mike. I had us going north and east sort of, expecting to go out of Roseville. We would meander on 49 and another hwy and eventually come in to Truckee. Then it would have been a straight shot down to Sacto. It was about 200 miles, looked like similar windy roads in gold country, lots of small towns. Maybe another time when we get the other Roseville dudes other than Jim involved. This looks like fun, all we gotta do is find a cool restaurant with some history or something to make our big stop at ! Who has a movie camera, this trip may justify some filming !!</STRONG>
Old 08-13-2001 | 03:34 PM
Subie Dubie

Q2killer, " official " cinematographer of the Sacramento Acura CL/TL chapter. Congrats !!
Old 08-13-2001 | 06:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Yeah, I will be able to make it... I was thinking we could meet somewhere in Roseville off of Douglas Blvd. Maybe the La Bou for coffee. Then we could take Sierra College up to Hw. 193. We will go right at 193 through the twisties to New Castle and head right up Indian Hill Road into Auburn. From there, we will turn right on Auburn-Folsom Rd, and take the twisty road back down to Granite Bay. We can then turn right onto Douglas and have a nice 7 mile straighaway. If we wanted to, I know of some pretty dangerous backroads off Auburn-Folson that are good for a foot or so of air and sometime a change of underware. The whole road trip should be about 1:15 minutes or so.

What do you guys think?

-Ash
Old 08-13-2001 | 06:57 PM
Suzuka Master

If we decide to do the Foothills twisty road trip I suggested, we could also try to get all of our pimp cars into Los Lagos and say a quick "hi" to Chris Webber, Jason Williams, and Eddie Murphy! haha, just an idea.

-Ash
Old 08-13-2001 | 08:12 PM
Racer

Hey we have ASHBURNER!!! Ok since we have ASH we need to do something closer up here then. What do you guys think? The route ASH described sounds good.

Originally posted by Ashburner:
<STRONG>Yeah, I will be able to make it... I was thinking we could meet somewhere in Roseville off of Douglas Blvd. Maybe the La Bou for coffee. Then we could take Sierra College up to Hw. 193. We will go right at 193 through the twisties to New Castle and head right up Indian Hill Road into Auburn. From there, we will turn right on Auburn-Folsom Rd, and take the twisty road back down to Granite Bay. We can then turn right onto Douglas and have a nice 7 mile straighaway. If we wanted to, I know of some pretty dangerous backroads off Auburn-Folson that are good for a foot or so of air and sometime a change of underware. The whole road trip should be about 1:15 minutes or so.

What do you guys think?

-Ash</STRONG>
Old 08-13-2001 | 08:22 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

I'm down for whereva.. South Sac guys wanna caravan up to Roseville if that's where we are going to drive?
Old 08-13-2001 | 08:42 PM
Suzuka Master

I probably only have the morning to hang out so a shorter drive would fit me better. I know of tons of roads up in the hills that would be perfect to carve but I think everyone would like the trek I posted. Anyways, my car is stock except for an intake so there's not much to see

-Ash
Old 08-13-2001 | 08:50 PM
Racer

It's all good Ash. If you are wondering what mods to do next you can take a look at all of ours. That will give you a good idea of what you wanna do. See ya Sat.

Yeah guys let's meet @ the La Bou!!!

<STRONG>I probably only have the morning to hang out so a shorter drive would fit me better. I know of tons of roads up in the hills that would be perfect to carve but I think everyone would like the trek I posted. Anyways, my car is stock except for an intake so there's not much to see

-Ash</STRONG>
[ 08-13-2001: Message edited by: q2killer ]
Old 08-13-2001 | 09:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Yeah, I would like to meet everyone and check out their rides. The problem is, I have a really hard time keeping a car over 8 months and that time is approaching. Of course, now I am married so I don't think she is going to let me throw away so much money on trade in's so maybe I will do some mods. I am still up in the air on it.

-Ash
Old 08-13-2001 | 09:39 PM
Racer

Geez every 8 months??? How many cars have you had? And what?

<STRONG>Yeah, I would like to meet everyone and check out their rides. The problem is, I have a really hard time keeping a car over 8 months and that time is approaching. Of course, now I am married so I don't think she is going to let me throw away so much money on trade in's so maybe I will do some mods. I am still up in the air on it.

-Ash</STRONG>
Old 08-13-2001 | 10:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Well, since I have had my license for the past 6 years I have had:

1984 Volvo GL (first car)
1995 Camry LE
1996 Geo Prism LSi (awesome car)
1997 Toyota Tacoma LX
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
1999 Camaro SS
2001 Mitsubishi Galant LS
2001 Acura 3.2 CL-S

And wife's car: 2001 Chevy Silverado Z-71 Extended Cab LT.

God, it's like some kind of sick disease. I think I need to see a doctor.

-Ash
Old 08-13-2001 | 10:56 PM
My other car is a 350Z

The Roseville/Auburn drive sounds find to me as well. Jim or Ash: pls post the address or a map of the La Bou on Douglas Blvd. And we need lunch suggestion (In & Out Burger...yum )

Glenn & Justin (& Eric?): let's meet at 8:15 AM at the Elk Grove Starbuck's so we can caravan up to Roseville.

If everyone is cool with the location let me know...I'll update the meet web page and the first post in this topic with the meet location, time, and road trip route.

[ 08-13-2001: Message edited by: H4mm3rm4n ]
Old 08-13-2001 | 10:57 PM
My other car is a 350Z

<STRONG>Well, since I have had my license for the past 6 years I have had:

1984 Volvo GL (first car)
1995 Camry LE
1996 Geo Prism LSi (awesome car)
1997 Toyota Tacoma LX
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
1999 Camaro SS
2001 Mitsubishi Galant LS
2001 Acura 3.2 CL-S

And wife's car: 2001 Chevy Silverado Z-71 Extended Cab LT.

God, it's like some kind of sick disease. I think I need to see a doctor.

-Ash</STRONG>

I hope you have a better track record of longetivity with women.

Quick Reply: Sacramento Meet #5 - Saturday August 18