oklahoma TL owners...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 08:41 PM
now with four rings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oklahoma TL owners...

continuing on from the old topic...

it was right around 6 p.m. today...i was driving home and pulled up to 91st & yale to make a left turn onto yale heading south. in front of me was a 3rd gen WDP TL with OSU alumni license plate holder and what looked like an OSU Posse sticker in the lower-right corner of the rear window. the license plate started with 547 and ended with an A...after we both made the turn, i moved into the very right lane and pulled up slightly ahead of you to get a look at me...i thought maybe this was someone from the original oklahoma TL owners topic, but after re-reading it, i don't think it was...

let's make this the new oklahoma topic and post in here if you see anyone you think might be on here or if you want to have a meet...
Old 02-23-2007, 12:26 PM
My Work is Done Here

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
What is it with all the acuras in the west half of tulsa?

51st & 161st here, spend a lot of time on the BA or east of 169.

oh, and I'm down for a meet.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:26 AM
B A N N E D

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rimz i didnt kno ur from OK i used to live in Tulsa back in the day. Went to elementary school and middle school there. tulsa public and Union
Old 03-22-2007, 08:20 AM
now with four rings

first of all, i need to keep up with this thread more often...i had no clue you guys had posted in here...

ccannizz11, i'll keep my eye out for you from now on...and we'll have to get a meet together sometime...i have yet to meet up with other Acura owners in or around tulsa...

S1CK, when did you move out of tulsa? i went to Jenks from elementary thru high school...you ever coming back down here...?

now on to another sighting....i figure if i post enough, someone will recognize me in tulsa damnit...i got on the turnpike this morning heading west to go to work...this ASM got on right behind me and was driving like he/she wanted to keep up with me...i got it up to 80, but i think you kept it around 70, though you were in my rearview the whole time to highway 75...few miles down the road, i exited onto I-44 heading east and you kept on highway 75 north towards downtown...your plate ends in ZTI...

i'm slowly working on getting my TL of Tulsa site back up so we can try to get something going here in oklahoma...i'll keep everyone posted...
Old 03-28-2007, 10:09 PM
3rd Gear

Thumbs up

when ever you get that Done, left he folks in TX, especially Dallas know.... so we can sow up for support
Old 03-28-2007, 10:44 PM
now with four rings

yeah, we'll probably have to meet up with the guys from DFW...there's only like a handful of us from OK on here...
Old 07-20-2007, 08:53 AM
Boomer Sooner!

Giving a shout-out to my TL boyz in OK!

props to rimz for pointing me to this thread. Although my TL is still pretty much bone stock, I'd love to meet up with some of you guys that have done some mods and check them out in person to get some ideas on what works for me and what wouldn't (I'm especially curious as to how cleared/blacked-out headlights look up close). Also like to check out what kind of drop I might want to go for in the future, if any.

Anywho, put me on the list for any meets happening. Just don't make it on a Saturday during football season
Old 07-24-2007, 11:54 PM
1st Gear

Talking

Another OKC TL'er here. I got my 07 Royal Blue Pearl w/Nav from Don Carlton Acura in Tulsa. What can I say Bob Howard "special finance" in OKC tried to screw me over. Don Carlton treated me right, they were polite and negotiated over the phone on a Saturday. I drove up from OKC on Monday and picked it up and took it home after a quick bite at TGI Fridays 2 blocks away.

I would like to meet up with some other owners either in OKC or Tulsa. My wife's family lives in Broken Arrow and we visit often. My brother in law lives in Kansas City, so a meet up there is not out of the question either.

Anyone coordinating meet-n-eat/poker-run/rally activities? I was a member of the OKC corvette club about 6 years ago and those kinds of activities were the most fun imho.

Also, sad to say, can anyone recommend a good bodyshop in the OKC area? My TL was swiped in the rear passenger side sometime in the last few days (I don't know when cause I did not see the passenger side until after it happened when pulling out of the garage) and the inconsiderate numbskull did not bother to leave information or even an apology note!

Here is a pic of the bad news...

However, it does give me an excuse to seriously look into one of those RonJon body kits!

Any XBox players? If so, send me your gamer tag.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:55 AM
now with four rings

sweet, another oklahoma member...

welcome to AZ Jeff...sorry to hear (and see) about your unfortunate car damage...i don't know any shops from experience, but at Don Carlton Acura they have two different business cards back by their parts deparment...if i remember right, one of them is Impact Collision...you might check them out...i can't remember the other company's business card i saw there...

my wife and i make trips down to OKC every now and then because Tulsa gets old after a while...i still haven't found any other TL owners to cruise or meet up with, so let me know when you're gonna be in Tulsa again...

i'm still very slowly getting my TL of Tulsa site up and running to kinda have a formal meeting place for all Oklahoma TL owners, so i'll keep everyone updated on that in this thread...
Old 07-28-2007, 07:31 PM
slobalt defender

Received 348 Likes on 185 Posts
I will be moving to Norman for college this August, i'm up for any meet in OKC since it's so close.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:17 PM
4th Gear

Boomer, congratulations on becoming a Sooner! I graduated from OU many years ago and could use a good excuse to visit Norman again. I changed handles after switching computers. That is my TL 2 posts up with the crunched wheel well.

Hey rimz, let me know when you & the family are in OKC, maybe we can grab some food and talk cars, that ought to make our spouses real happy!

BTW - I am bring my TL up to BA next weekend to probably have a shop up there do the work, they came highly recommended by my father-in-law, he is very passionate about cars and can keep an eye on the quality of work while they are working on it! Thanks for the recommendations. I will have to stop by Don Carlton they next time I'm in town and get that business card. I have not given up on considering the RJ body kit, just not ready to do it yet.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

- Jeff
Old 07-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Racer

I like in edmond now i have a 96 and my dad has a 2001TL
Old 07-30-2007, 09:40 AM
now with four rings

damn, no wonder i can't find anyone to cruise with in tulsa....all 5 people on this board from OK are spread out outside of tulsa...

Jeff, i'm sure our wives wouldn't mind too bad if we let them go shopping...my wife loves visiting the Coach store when we're down there...and i've also considered the RonJon kit just because my stock one has a few paint chips missing and stuff....nothing a lil touch-up paint can't fix, but a good reason to get a new kit also... ...and as much as i like the RJ kit, i've been considering just going with the A-Spec one and lowering the car...dunno yet...

slownlow, you ever make your way to OKC or tulsa or anything? ...i've only been to edmond one time, so i probably won't be back out that way anytime soon...

nice to see this thread slowly growing, though...
Old 07-30-2007, 10:54 PM
4th Gear

rimz,

Where can I look up the A-Spec kit? Is that the front & rear replacements with the side skirt replacements that you can put on the acura web site if you were to spec out a new car? I can not ever seem to find the a-spec specific options from the acura web site.

The ronjon kit is tight & I can not seem to find other options beside the add-ons from acura. I got my splash guards from an oem site, paint matched and installed them myself. The look good, if I do say so myself!

Later guys!

- Jeff
Old 07-31-2007, 05:42 PM
now with four rings

Originally Posted by BubbaStinky
rimz,

Where can I look up the A-Spec kit? Is that the front & rear replacements with the side skirt replacements that you can put on the acura web site if you were to spec out a new car? I can not ever seem to find the a-spec specific options from the acura web site.

The ronjon kit is tight & I can not seem to find other options beside the add-ons from acura. I got my splash guards from an oem site, paint matched and installed them myself. The look good, if I do say so myself!

Later guys!

- Jeff
on the acura site, the A-SPEC kit is referred to as 'underbody spoilers'...they have one for the front bumper, rear bumper, and side skirts...

here's a quick image of the A-SPEC kit...can't remember whose car this is...

and the oh so sweet (and flashy) RJ kit...

...tough decision...
Old 08-03-2007, 09:03 PM
4th Gear

rimz,

We are in Broken Arrow visiting. Wish I had some contact info so we could meet up. I took my TL to a shop here in BA. They were $100 less and I got several recommendations for them from friends and family, good looking shop too! With the savings from the OKC estimate I'm getting 20% tint all around while its in the shop. We are going back to OKC tomorrow (Saturday).

I am still seriously thinking acout the A-Spec kit. I think the RJ kit might not like the snow or ice that we get in OKC (6-8 inches of ice this past year in one batch!). I don't know how deep the wintery mix gets up here in the NE part of the state, but you might want to reconsider the lowering, esp if you are wanting some kind of ground effects, at least not on a daily driver.

Slownlow,

I work in Edmond, maybe we could meet up for lunch some day and talk TLs, I should be getting mine back sometime this week.

Later.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:40 PM
now with four rings

well damn, i didn't read this thread till today (Monday, 8/6)...so you're long-gone out of tulsa by now...i went for a cruise saturday night too, though i wouldn't have seen you...

nice job on the body shop...which one was it? ...i'll PM you my contact info...

Last edited by rimz; 08-06-2007 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:45 PM
now with four rings

update...

i tried PMing you, but i forgot you have to have 10 posts (i think) to be able to send/receive private messages...

email me at rimz at cox dot net and i'll respond...
Old 03-17-2009, 12:02 AM
SSgt. Hood

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New OK Member here!

Just bought a 2006 Acura TL
Old 04-01-2009, 10:18 PM
now with four rings

bubz! what's up man? welcome to the club and nice to see another Oklahoma member...

consider joining the Oklahoma social group...hopefully we can all get together sometime for a cruise/meet...

oklahoma social group