Official Nopi Nationals Thread- September 15th/16th, 2007

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 09:51 PM
13.2@ 107 on Street tires

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah im waxing my car at the moment...went to put new bulbs in and the wedge bulb fell out of the adapter into the housing..sucks i had to take the headlight out and funnell it out...small setback but im about to take the wax off...the tent i have is huge..i doubt i bring it since it wont even fit in my trunk...i might go to walmart and buy one tonight...but yeah i just remembered that GA time is an hour ahead so looks like im leaving at 3 instead of 4 a.m...its gonna be a long day but its all worth it! call me if yall need me to bring something
Old 09-15-2007, 07:11 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,336 Posts
Originally Posted by type-s09
yeah im waxing my car at the moment...went to put new bulbs in and the wedge bulb fell out of the adapter into the housing..sucks i had to take the headlight out and funnell it out...small setback but im about to take the wax off...the tent i have is huge..i doubt i bring it since it wont even fit in my trunk...i might go to walmart and buy one tonight...but yeah i just remembered that GA time is an hour ahead so looks like im leaving at 3 instead of 4 a.m...its gonna be a long day but its all worth it! call me if yall need me to bring something
Hey clean lookin TL man. The headlight modification was flawless pretty much. I was looking at your bulbs for the turn signal...what brand are those? I've been trying to find some amber ones to take the place of the oem clear ones, and the only thing ive found is a PIAA 7443, which might be a little different than the 7440.

...maybe we'll meet tomorrow.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:15 PM
tehLEGOman

also good seeing you again Henryk, and nice to meet you Ty and Kasey. The Acurazine cars were looking really impressive and clean looking!! Looking forward to meeting more of you guys tomorrow or even tonight at the honda-tech meet.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
AZ guy Great parking spot Everyone car look nice an clean. Only problem I didn't get meet anyone new . I mean saw Ty an Scott an that was it, I walk by 4 different time an didn't see anyone there. But it's OK NOPI Show is all day thing an I know no came to just sit by there car.

ACCURATEin...
I walk around Nopi 3x an didn't even see your car. What area were you park in on Saturday just wondering how I miss it. I saw about 6 different Acura (TL/CL) not parking in AZ area 2 or 3 in vendor Booth that it for show an real wanted see detail done to your TL maybe next year.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

Try to edit it.. too late

Everyone have Fun on Sunday

Originally Posted by AznWayTL's
AZ guy Great parking spot Everyone car look nice an clean. Only problem I didn't get meet anyone new . I mean saw Ty an Scott an that was it, I walk by 4 different time an didn't see anyone there. But it's OK NOPI Show is all day thing an I know no one came to just sit by there car.

ACCURATEin...
I walk around Nopi 3x an didn't even see your car. What area were you park in on Saturday just wondering how I miss it. I saw about 6 different Acura (TL/CL) not parking in AZ area 2 or 3 in vendor Booth that it for show an real wanted see detail done to your TL maybe next year.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
any pics of the whole thing or the RJ booth??
Old 09-16-2007, 04:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I had a great time meeting everyone. It's nice being able to put faces with SN names. We'll have to do it again next year. Pics should be coming Ron. Thank you NOPIGUY for the incredible spot!
Old 09-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
I was there for 5 hours on Saturday and I could not find any of you guys.

I did see the RJ turbo CL at a booth and asked the guy where the owner was. He said NOPI supplied the car and just parked it there. I was disappointed because I was hoping to meet RJ and also find out where you guys were.

Where were you guys located??
Old 09-16-2007, 08:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

Pure Adrenaline do you still have Michigan licence plate? It's easy to tell by blue plate.

Reason why I'm asking... When I saw 02-03 TL SSM I was "Dam that nice LOOK TL" What I told my Wife... Then when TL pass by it horn an wave. I told that how TL do it when they pass each other
Old 09-16-2007, 10:43 PM

Pics!

i cant explain how much fun i had this weekend..everyone was great and top dollar people..congrats to all that were there...sorry for the caution tape in the way..rude people were leaning on all of our cars to watch the drifting and we got sick of it...
This is me leaving my house saturday morning..very tiring
[IMG]
This is when i got to the meeting spot in Atlanta 3 energy drinks later
[/IMG]
[IMG]
[/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG]
[/IMG]
[IMG]
[/IMG]
[IMG]
[/IMG]
[IMG]
[/IMG]
[IMG]
[/IMG]
[IMG]
[/IMG]
[IMG]
Great lookin Ron Jon booth we help set up
[/IMG]
[IMG]

[/IMG]
[IMG]
[/IMG]
[IMG]
[/IMG]
[IMG]
[/IMG]
[IMG]
[/IMG]
[IMG]
Old 09-16-2007, 11:03 PM

thanks to glenn "nopi guy" for the hookup on the best spot in the whole show...we were right next to the drift course where we got a first hand view..acurazine gained a lot of respect here and hopefully in the upcoming events we will keep on growing....
heres a video to expand your imagination...honda element with boosted built J32 TL motor with TL tranny tearing the nopi drift event up...sorry for the not so good filiming job but i was standing on a trashcan...
[IMG]
Old 09-16-2007, 11:25 PM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
dam ncie vid! acuraziners repped hella hard. i wish NorCal was like thsi.. u guys got the TL's game on lock over there.. nice
Old 09-16-2007, 11:27 PM

thanks bro..im sure there will be plenty of other pics from the others there...Dragonlord? i know you got some...hell of a time..now time to gain the sleep back from the weekend..zzz..
Old 09-17-2007, 04:48 AM
Unregistered user

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
looked fun... more pix/vids
Old 09-17-2007, 09:06 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey guys, sorry i couldn't fill the void and put my tsx over there. next year i'll probably be coming alone so i won't be late both days. the cars looked great.

i did not see another tsx in the entire show
Old 09-17-2007, 09:37 AM
tehLEGOman

Nopi Nationals 2007 was an awesome time. Probably one of the coolest ones yet, or ever since ive been going in 2001. The drifting competition was a nice addition and every year there are more drift cars. Acurazine was looking extremely impressive with all the cars parked together in a top notch location. Glenn hooked it up!! I've got a picture of just about every Acura that was there from this site, with a few more. It was good to put a face to those that i met. Looking forward to next year and hopefully even more will make the journey to the show next year. More TSX's!! ...the TL's did it real big

This one was looking way too good!...check it out.

dan.....k's freshly detailed engine bay

type-s09's very quick N/A 6MT.

Ty's TL
Old 09-17-2007, 09:45 AM
tehLEGOman

coakdog's TL..didn't get a chance to meet you, but clean TL!

SSM's TL or (Zac)..nice meeting you bro!

Our trooper all the way from the northern US border dragonlord's TL!

Clint's hope systems intercooled CL!
Old 09-17-2007, 09:52 AM
tehLEGOman

Nopiguy's or Glenn's turbo CL...the man that made it all happen!

ptk681's tuckin TL!

lousy attempt at an overhead shot of the group...
Old 09-17-2007, 09:55 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys- i had an absolute blast. It was great meeting everybody and hanging out!! I have tons of pics and vids that I will start working on tonight if I get back from class early enough

Also...

CONGRATS TO WINNING ACURAZINE MEMBERS- I know Clinton (foreveraflboy) placed 1st, Henryk (dan....k) placed 1st or 2nd I believe, and Steve (dragonlord) placed.. (not sure which slot)

Our redheaded step child- Brennan in his 03 Lexus ES took 2nd for the asian luxury (other) category
Old 09-17-2007, 10:00 AM
tehLEGOman

Another one of the two tone supercharged TL...

Type-s from NY promoting the Acura brand..(he basically drove around the infield the entire time)!!

ACCURATEin's updated engine bay... fresh Cusco oil catch can and gold foil.

Diffusing air molecules for the win! (freshly installed Varis diffuser)
Old 09-17-2007, 10:57 AM
Needs wheels

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This year was the most fun I have ever had at NOPI, and this was probably my 6th or 7th year in attendance. Thanks again to Glen (NOPIGUY) for helping out with the super-prime location...you have set a high standard for yourself! Everyone from our group represented themselves well and was a pleasure to meet and hang out with...I am already planning next year in my mind

I showed up stock knowing that I would come away with good ideas and maybe something to put on the car...well, I didn't find anything there to buy for the car, but looking at the other Acurazine TLs and talking with the other members has helped me figure out my roadmap for customization. Thanks to you all for that.

I fully expect next year to be bigger and better for Aziners!

Last edited by godizus; 09-17-2007 at 10:59 AM.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:09 AM
WDP GURRRRL

Nice meeting everyone, and seeing everyone else! Thanks for keeping an eye on the car while they made me work! ...lol!

Everyone's car looked great! I really wish I could have hung out...

So did everyone have tread all over them after the drift competition....haha!

Okay I am horrible with names and faces...Who owns the TL from VA- tag says "slippery"- Just curious who I was ridin up the hwy with..- Nice Car
Old 09-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Needs wheels

There was rubber everywhere on Saturday...the wind worked to our favor Sunday and it wasn't bad. It was odd to look down into your drink and it looks like someone sprinkled pepper in it! I bet we all ingested and inhaled a good bit of rubber!!
Old 09-17-2007, 01:10 PM
still a Masshole

Man, looks like a great turnout. I wish I could have made it but I plan on being there next year. My TL is not stock but nothing out of this world. Hopefully next year I can have it lowered and with new wheels.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:35 PM
2012 GLM SHAWD TECH TL

Nopi 2007

that type s was actually mine
I didnt really feel like walking after the 17hr drive
Somebody in the Acurazine/RonJon area told me i couldnt park there unless i was a acurazine member
I just smiled and drove away
not my kind of people who kick out a fellow acura dude
Old 09-17-2007, 05:37 PM
All About Trance

Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
I had a great time as well. This was my first time showing my car and second time attending. What a great way to make my first time memorable by having all of us park together in our own VIP area?!

And thanks again to Glenn for hooking us all up! I hope we can get more members to show next year so that we can have a bigger presence.

Originally Posted by jdmturbosol
Somebody in the Acurazine/RonJon area told me i couldnt park there unless i was a acurazine member
You should've introduced yourself because we didn't know who are or are not members from the next Acura owner. Sorry you had felt that way though. Eric finally parked with us on the last day along with an RSX and RL.

I'll post my pics up later.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:47 PM
Safety Car

Received 303 Likes on 177 Posts
ACCURATEin: Damn....love your Varis Rear Diffuser. I had that idea but I didn't want to spend another rear a spec kit just to mold that piece in CF. But good touch to it. Love your car as always.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:08 PM
coakdog35

Good Time

Man Glen, thanks for hooking us up with the awesome vip spot at the nationals this year. I have been to several nopi nationals previously, but this one was the best. Meeting up with all of you was cool as hell. Ohh yeah Kasey good looking out with the Grey Goose, after a couple of shots, it was all good. LOL. Our meet impressed the vwife and her and my daughter had a good time. I had planned on doing some real good mods to my car after seeing everyone's cars, but i probably will leave my TL as is. Fella's i got some news For all of you Just found out we're moving to JAPAN next year. Damn i'm kinda shocked, but happy too. I
will probably sell my TL next year. We don't have to be there untill JUNE 08. Damn it's gonna be on. I think i want a Supra or slightly older Skyline. Man i won't make NOPI next year, but i hope to make the Tokyo Auto Show they have every year there. We'll be living pretty close to TOKYO, so i hope it will be cool. We definantly have to have a few more meets before i roll out, so i can hang out some more with you guys, It was really a good time this year with good peple at NOPI this year.

Last edited by coakdog35; 09-17-2007 at 07:09 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-17-2007, 07:47 PM

yeah this was the most fun ive had in a long time..Ty, William, Henryk, Steve, Kasey, Glenn, Clinton, Zac, and all the other guys there..your cars are awesome and yall are fun, awesome guys to be around..hopefully this wont be the last..hey glenn were gonna go ahead and reserve that spot for next year right? lol..
me and acuratein played around on the interstate on the way home..i was keepin up with him or beating him but im not convinced he wasnt just in cruising gear cuz that car is sick..
Old 09-17-2007, 09:19 PM

Honda/Acura - Luxury - Legend/RL/CL/TL/Vigor - Street
1 CLINTON COLBERT SHALIMAR, FL [B]
2 STEVE WHITE CLINTON TOWNSHIP, MI
3 LINN HUYHN MACON, GA
Honda/Acura - Luxury - Legend/RL/CL/TL/Vigor - Custom
1 RAUL BU CLIFTON, NJ
2 HENRYK KUMAR DECATUR, GA
Honda/Acura - Luxury - Wild - All
1 ERIC BADIS CHARLOTTE, NC

red is acurazine members! congratualations..we dominated the show!
Old 09-17-2007, 09:28 PM
Instructor

Yeah it was definately awesome...and a great spot glenn...thanks again and hopefully next year there will be 2 Gold CL's out there...me and clinton both! And if we would have known you were with acurazine we could have found a spot for you....like he said earlier we dont know everyone on here unless you introduce yourself, and I apologize for the boot...we had some other punk kids tryin to park daddys TL in there a few times and he probably thought you were the same person....again Sorry about that man...but yeah plenty of pics taken and theres more in the photo section that me and clinton posted from the meet area....Acurazine+RonJon=NOpi 07...check em out...Tim
Old 09-17-2007, 09:44 PM
All About Trance

Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
I hope someone had taken pics or vids of our little caravan from the pre-meet on Saturday. That was pretty sweet! Well, here are my pics.

Some of the reasons why we're there for the show besides for the cars.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:42 PM

yeah i saw ol Ty takin pics of every girl he saw haha...wheres zac's girlfriend and her friend? they sure put a show on
Old 09-17-2007, 11:43 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
here's some pics of MR. BADIS and our team ee2~

Old 09-17-2007, 11:48 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 09-18-2007, 05:49 AM
Drifting

Hey guys- got home around 10:30 last night. I will post comments and pics tonite after work!

All I have to say is: NOPIGUY rulez! Thanks Glenn for the primo spot. I had an awesome time meeting everyone.

Steve
Old 09-18-2007, 05:54 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by jdmturbosol
Like everyone said. Those spots were reserved for AZ members who pre-registered under car club ACURAZINE. We weren't being a$$holes, but we didn't know who you were, if you had told us you were an AZ member-it was a different story. Next year if you come, and we have the same spot, you're in. All you had to say was you were AZ man. As you can tell, we are a group that respects and protects our fellow brothers.

P.S. I drove 14 hours for the show- I know what you mean!
Old 09-18-2007, 06:32 AM
Time to Climb

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
great pics everyone, hopefully i can participate next year ... i got more mods coming so it's time for everyone to step their game up
Old 09-18-2007, 06:47 AM
Intermediate

My bro (also a member) and I made it out Saturday. We where very impressed with the acuazine.com area! Looking sweet guys! Unfortunately we got there really late. Pretty much just did a quick scan of as much as we could.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:46 AM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by ua6spec
ACCURATEin: Damn....love your Varis Rear Diffuser. I had that idea but I didn't want to spend another rear a spec kit just to mold that piece in CF. But good touch to it. Love your car as always.
Thank you! I installed it thursday night before the drive down to atlanta. I saw the product in a magazine last weekend and it gave me the idea to do it. Originally i was going to order an APR diffuser for an evo, but when i saw Varis had this universal one i jumped on it.

Quick Reply: Official Nopi Nationals Thread- September 15th/16th, 2007