MINNESOTA meet Wednesday Dec 13th

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 07:43 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
there are two auto car washs right across 212 from target/panera/TGI Fridays. one at the BP gas station, and another is behind midas/checkers auto parts by Burger king. both are visible from 212.

I think those are the closest ones to the meet location. the parking between walmart and Jake's city is big and usually empty in the middle.

the one behind midas/checkers auto parts store is better.

I miss EP.

Last edited by enigmaos; 12-07-2006 at 07:47 PM.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:28 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately I won't be able to attend this meet. But the location is great. There is a Mister Car wash in EP that will do a decent job and they hand dry your car (if you're not anal about swirls). I bowl frequently at the Brunswick Zone right next to Old Chicago so when you guys are done "meeting", bowling is an option too.

If you haven't been to Eden Prairie before, hopefully you got Navi. That's one of the most confusing cities to me. I finally figured it out but it took a while!

Have fun guys and post lots of pics!
Old 12-07-2006, 11:19 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Count me in boys! I'm not gonna guarantee a perfectly clean car, but I'll wash her....at least a quickie anyways.

Are we meeting in the old chicago parking lot, or the parking garage?
Old 12-09-2006, 07:51 PM
Starcraft II addict

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts
^-- I scoped out the spots last night and tonight to check out lighting. The walmart parking lot near Jake's City Grill presents the best lighting as long as the weather is decent.

The Old Chicago garage parking is fully enclosed and heated so that's definitely the place if the weather is bad or if it is empty enough. The parking last night in it was not to bad. There was a bunch of open stalls off to the far left. The parking spots are small so hopefully it isn't busy and we can take up 2 spots per car while we are checking them out if we have go the garage route. Either way we'll have a place to park the cars together.

I checked the forcast. It's 41 high and 24 low with 30% chance of precip. Much better than what we have had as of late. Maybe we'll get real lucky.

I'll update this monday or tuesday night for the parking in case the forcast changes drastically. Otherwise PM me and I give you my cell number so you can be sure to meet up in the right place.

So far here is who is coming:
1. Buda
2. Ry4an
3. 05TLRIDER
4. Mike - not on forum, sold me my car and is leasing on '05 TL himself
Old 12-09-2006, 11:36 PM
Racer

Hey Buda, I will try my best to attend the meet. I have so many things goin on these days that I live by the day.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:23 AM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

please take some pics
Old 12-10-2006, 12:51 PM
Starcraft II addict

So far here is who is coming:
1. Buda
2. Ry4an
3. 05TLRIDER
4. Mike - not on forum, sold me my car and is leasing on '05 TL himself
5. cuteguy1414 (?)

I'll be taking pics of the cars. I'm bringing my camera and a tripod. It will be low lighting but my camera takes really good pictures.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Racer

I'll bring my camera too...afterall, Buda can't have all the fun. Hopefully the other two "tentative" guys can make it. The more the merrier. I might be able to get another one, but not for sure yet.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Starcraft II addict

I just PMed the people that were involved in the MN owners and modded threads to see if we can get some more people to show up. I know one of the guys is a CL owner. I'm cool with the 2G owners being there too. I was going to buy a 2G before I broke down and purchased new.

Ok, to solidify the plans. Looks like the weather is holding for the moment on Wednesday. Let's all meet at Old Chicago. I plan on parking in the heated garage on the far left side as this seems to be the area that fewer people parked in. When we take pics we may head over to the walmart parking lot for better space and lighting.

Hope to see you there!
Old 12-12-2006, 10:33 AM
Man of God.....

Ok,

I cant make it ether. I just can't change my plans. Like it really matters if I come or not........

Lets do this again in the summer. OK?
Old 12-12-2006, 10:45 AM
#include

Bah! I just saw this thread today. I already have plans for tomorrow night. =(

Take some good pics, and keep me in the loop on the next one. And thank you in advance for taking the time to get something organized.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:10 PM
on to the next one...

Sorry guys, EP is just too far for me...it's not really that central of a location is it?
I have a CL anyway, so I probably would be an outcast!

PM me if there's a spring/summer meet.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:33 PM
Starcraft II addict

^-- No it isn't a central location. However I wasn't getting much of any responses as to a good location and with the holidays I'm just to busy to spend a lot of time organizing this. I felt it was better to just go with what I knew and get a first meet setup.

You are welcome to organize the next one.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:42 AM
on to the next one...

Originally Posted by Buda
^-- No it isn't a central location. However I wasn't getting much of any responses as to a good location and with the holidays I'm just to busy to spend a lot of time organizing this. I felt it was better to just go with what I knew and get a first meet setup.

You are welcome to organize the next one.

I've helped organize past MN meets...no thanks...
Actually, I probably would have made the drive if I didn't already have prior obligations at 7:45 tonight. EP isn't THAT far from the Uptown area, but I work in North Saint Paul, which is like the opposite side of the world.

Anyway, be sure to add me to the list if another meet ever arises...looks like you'll be able to keep your cars clean on this odd December day.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:58 AM
Racer

I don't think it's too far, and I'm pratically coming from Hudson! If all goes well I hope we can have another in the spring and or summer. Like Buda said, all TLs (1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen, Type-S or not) and CLs are welcome. I don't think we're trying to create an exclusive club that only 3rd gens can be a part of. I think the more the merrier....besides it's always cool to talk cars with people, no matter waht they drive...IMO.

For those of you that can't make it and wanted to, send me a pm and let me know if you're interested in putting together an early spring meet (maybe february if the weather stays like this, or probably april). I'll try and find a central location that everyone can agree to, and I think I already have a place in mind. Who knows, maybe I'll have something done to my car by then
Old 12-13-2006, 09:58 PM
NAWWWWSSSSSS

wwwtfffffffffff a wednesday? come on lol
Old 12-13-2006, 10:37 PM
Instructor

doesn't matter

Originally Posted by shineynitelite
wwwtfffffffffff a wednesday? come on lol
It's been my experience and observation that when you're planning group events and online gatherings it doesn't matter one bit how much notice you give people, when it is, or how far they have to travel. With more notice people say they'll attend and then don't. The time it takes to figure out what constitutes "centrally located" pisses of as many people as it helps to accomodate. The only thing that increases turn out is a demonstrated track record of gatherings that didn't suck.

Tonight's meet up was a good time with good folks, and I've no doubt next time we'll have twice as many peope wherever it is, whenever it lands, and with howsoever as much notice we've got.

Thanks to Buda, and I can't wait to see the pics.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:05 AM
NAWWWWSSSSSS

my experience > your experience
Old 12-14-2006, 11:20 AM
NAWWWWSSSSSS

Old 12-14-2006, 11:23 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Ry4an
It's been my experience and observation that when you're planning group events and online gatherings it doesn't matter one bit how much notice you give people, when it is, or how far they have to travel. With more notice people say they'll attend and then don't. The time it takes to figure out what constitutes "centrally located" pisses of as many people as it helps to accomodate. The only thing that increases turn out is a demonstrated track record of gatherings that didn't suck.

Tonight's meet up was a good time with good folks, and I've no doubt next time we'll have twice as many peope wherever it is, whenever it lands, and with howsoever as much notice we've got.

Thanks to Buda, and I can't wait to see the pics.

I agree with Ry4an. I thought it was a good time and I look forward to meeting up again, hopefully sometime soon....and who knows, maybe I'll have something done to my car by then.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:34 AM
Instructor

let's not take this thread somewhere stupid

Let's not take this thread somewhere stupid. Those pics demonstrate you've had some great turn outs, and I couldn't be happier as it shows the sort of successes Buda and other locals can expect going forward. If you want to get into a whose more grizzled style pissing match let's take it to PMs where I can tell you about the gatherings I organized while you were four.

Meanwhile back on topic, last night I promised the odometer class action link to the acura employee who showed up and whose name I forgot. I'm sure there's a thread about it somewhere here on acurazine, but here's a link to the law.com report: http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1163194119145
Old 12-14-2006, 11:48 AM
NAWWWWSSSSSS

thats just an acurazine meet.. if you dont want to talk about it why dont you take yourself out of the thread i made

this thread should be locked anyway
Old 12-14-2006, 12:33 PM
Starcraft II addict

^-- No it should only be locked after I get pics up first. Then it can be locked.

Just gotta love people who don't show up and then piss and moan about it.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:17 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

no pics?
Old 12-18-2006, 09:28 PM
Starcraft II addict

Pics

Sorry it took so long to get these up. My computer crashed over the weekend. Thought the mb went out, but it ended up being just a bad cable.

Thanks to everyone who showed up!

Attendees:
Buda
Mike
05TLRIDER
Ry4an

One of the guys had a couple subaru friends show up as well but we only got pics of the Acuras:

We had 3 TLs and an RL.

The SSM on the left is Mike's, NBP in center is Buda's, and the NBP on the right is 05TLRIDER's:

Ry4an's RL showing us up:

The short notice on the meet ended up making it so several others couldn't make it. We all had a good time at this meet even though it was small. We'll be able to plan the next one out well in advance.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:57 AM
Instructor

great pics

That tripod really made for some sharp photos in low light. Thanks for taking those!
Old 12-19-2006, 08:12 PM
Racer

Thanks for taking, and posting the pics Buda. I'm looking forward to another future meet....and hopefully we'll have a couple more TLs and who knows...maybe another RL or two.

Keep me posted on what you guys are up to. I'm thinking the AEM CAI should be on it's way for me, along with the 07 side markers for now...just a couple little things.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:32 PM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Smile I like to join in the next meet

Hi everyone I like to join you in the meet. I just read this and thought it was great looking at the photos. I have an 04 Satin Silver TL I will be the A-Spec ground effect package I just got for Christmas. I do have a set of Konig Profits 19" rims with G-Force tires 235/35 19. I am glad to meet other members in MN. PLEASE KEEP ME INFORMED OF THE NEXT MEET.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:42 PM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by 05TLRIDER
I don't think it's too far, and I'm pratically coming from Hudson! If all goes well I hope we can have another in the spring and or summer. Like Buda said, all TLs (1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen, Type-S or not) and CLs are welcome. I don't think we're trying to create an exclusive club that only 3rd gens can be a part of. I think the more the merrier....besides it's always cool to talk cars with people, no matter waht they drive...IMO.

For those of you that can't make it and wanted to, send me a pm and let me know if you're interested in putting together an early spring meet (maybe february if the weather stays like this, or probably april). I'll try and find a central location that everyone can agree to, and I think I already have a place in mind. Who knows, maybe I'll have something done to my car by then
I would be interested in your next meet. I enjoy the company of other fello menbers.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:52 AM
My Work is Done Here

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by shineynitelite

Hey, those look awfully familiar