MD/DC/VA Official Meet - October 1 - Let's Make this Big

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 12:07 AM
アキュラ 力

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MD/DC/VA Official Meet - October 1 - Let's Make this Big

Hi All,

Here is the information for the Mega Car Meet on October the 1st. For more information please see the Mid Atlantic Mega Meet Site. Specifics regarding this coming weekend's event can be found here We are hoping to have a big turn our for the Acura crew! If you need to Mapquest instructions on how to get to the I-95 commuter parking lot please use the follwing address as your destination: The address of the lot is 1180 Annapolis Way in Woodbridge, Virginia. We look forward to seeing everyone there

Mega Meet #8: Saturday, October 1, 2005 7:30pm-11:00pm

The largest meet that the Mid Atlantic Area has seen will be back for everyone to enjoy on Saturday, October 1, 2005 from 7:30p.m. to 11:00p.m. All of the sponsors are so excited for the next meet because of how large it has grown in the last couple of months. This means ALOT more prizes for the raffle, plenty of free handouts, food and drink. Also, each meet holds different surprises that you will just have to show up to find out what they are.

It doesn't matter if you are part of a large car club, or just a single individual who enjoys being around other auto enthusiasts. This is a meet for everyone and anyone.....bring as many people as possible. The more people the merrier, but unlike other meets, good behavior will be enforced!!!!! There is no driving around the lot because this causes traffic problems and safety issues for everyone especially the younger car enthusiasts that attend the meet with their parents.

You cannot miss the meet because the exit ramp coming off of I-95N actually circles around the lot. The address of the lot is 1180 Annapolis Way in Woodbridge, Virginia. GoogleMap | VDOT map

Here are directions for people who were not able to go to last month's meet....

From regions south of Woodbridge...
Take I-95 North towards Washington and look for the Route 123 exits. There are 2 exits and you need to take the second one (the exit # is 160B). When you get off onto the second Route 123 exit it will circle around the commuter lot and you can exit right into the lot off of the exit ramp.

From regions north of Woodbridge...
Take I-95 South towards Richmond and get off at exit 161 (Route 1). It is a left exit off of I-95 so watch out for this. Once on the exit, be careful of speed traps right after you pass under the overpass because the speed limit drops down to 35mph. Go thru the first traffice light, cross over the bridge, go thru the second traffic light. Make a right at the third traffic light onto Gordon Blvd/Route 123. Stay in the right hand lane, continue on through the first traffic light and then you will see a sign for the "commuter lot". Make a right at the second traffic light and continue on down the road, pass the hotel on your left, go under the overpass and enter into the commuter lot.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:34 AM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
http://megameet.org/?pg=main
Old 09-25-2005, 09:30 AM
TL 3.2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hopefully my car will be lowered by than.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:17 AM
Burning Brakes

damn, Woodbridge?????? with traffic thats like 2 hours away from me. Not the greatest centralized location man.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:38 AM
Now with i-Vtec

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BIG_KOUT
damn, Woodbridge?????? with traffic thats like 2 hours away from me. Not the greatest centralized location man.

Where are you? on a sat evening you should be fine traffic should be somewhat mild. It's one of the biggest meets I have ever been to. It's bigger than the weekly meets in Rockville were.

I'll be there for this one.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:08 AM
Burning Brakes

near B-more
Old 09-25-2005, 11:29 AM
アキュラ 力

Sorry bro, we didn't set the location up. This meet has been an ongoing monthly meet. This is not only an Acura gathering but a mega meet which includes cars of all makes an models.

Last edited by JPTL-S; 09-25-2005 at 11:33 AM.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:30 AM
Now with i-Vtec

Yeah that's a good couple hours away maybe hour and a half.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:32 AM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by Dreamdtt2000
Hopefully my car will be lowered by than.

Awesome, you're car will look great? Any chance you'll get the rims on this week? I PM'd Rondog, the shipment of Inspyres is due in tomorrow. I'm hoping to receive the wheels this week so I can have them mounted before the meet. In addition I'll be taking my car into the bodyshop tomorrow to have my rear bumper replaced from the accident! Things are looking good this week
Old 09-25-2005, 11:32 AM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by JDM5lugHatch
Yeah that's a good couple hours away maybe hour and a half.

Trust me, it's worth the drive
Old 09-25-2005, 11:41 AM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

we should all meet up and pull a caravan down that way
Old 09-25-2005, 11:46 AM
Cold Racketeer

I just remembered I have relatives coming down to celebrate my birthday that weekend. :[ Which sucks, I wanted to talk with some of you from the rockville meet some more. Oh well.... next time, and stay in touch all. (btw fedex delivered my AEM intake while I was at the meet, LOL) I am going to try to put it in today, but drilling holes in the stock rivets wasn't on my list of things I wanted to do and I see it's in the instructions.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:02 PM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by Malayalee King

Exactly, that's the way Capital RSX does it, they all roll in as a group. It's actually better to go early so you get better parking up front.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:05 PM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by tzakiel
I just remembered I have relatives coming down to celebrate my birthday that weekend. :[ Which sucks, I wanted to talk with some of you from the rockville meet some more. Oh well.... next time, and stay in touch all. (btw fedex delivered my AEM intake while I was at the meet, LOL) I am going to try to put it in today, but drilling holes in the stock rivets wasn't on my list of things I wanted to do and I see it's in the instructions.

That's a shame that you won't be able to make it. Well maybe next time! And so I don't forget, HAPPY BIRTHDAY (early of course)
Old 09-25-2005, 04:07 PM
Intermediate

B-more is like one hour away. I use to drive there and party all the time. And I drove there from Woodbridge, plus it's right off the exit ramp. It will be worth the drive.
Old 09-25-2005, 06:27 PM
Now with i-Vtec

Originally Posted by JPTL-S
Trust me, it's worth the drive

I will be there with a lot of friends. It's also for a good cause! Look forward to meeting everyone this time around.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:53 PM
TL 3.2

Awesome, you're car will look great? Any chance you'll get the rims on this week? I PM'd Rondog, the shipment of Inspyres is due in tomorrow. I'm hoping to receive the wheels this week so I can have them mounted before the meet. In addition I'll be taking my car into the bodyshop tomorrow to have my rear bumper replaced from the accident! Things are looking good this week
I doubt I will have the rims on this week because I don't have money for tires. The only thing, I will probably have is the teins basic on and the HKS draggers. Your rear is not that bad. Your car still looked hot at the meet. I only notice the lil blue paint marks.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:54 PM
TL 3.2

Hey JP, what is the specs on you wheels? What's the offset? 45?
Old 09-26-2005, 12:11 AM
アキュラ 力

I doubt I will have the rims on this week because I don't have money for tires. The only thing, I will probably have is the teins basic on and the HKS draggers. Your rear is not that bad. Your car still looked hot at the meet. I only notice the lil blue paint marks.

D, don't sweat it. Being bitten by the mod bug, unfortunately, means a lot of money out of the pocket. Take things one at a time and eventually you'll be finished by the time you know it! Your car looked hot regardless! It will look even better with the draggers on! Loved the eyelids BTW

Hey JP, what is the specs on you wheels? What's the offset? 45?
Correct, the current wheels setup I have is a set of Mille Miglia EV-S 17X7 with a 45 offset. I went with the stock tire profile of 215/50/17
Old 09-26-2005, 09:56 AM
send me a link to JDM??

Exactly, that's the way Capital RSX does it, they all roll in as a group. It's actually better to go early so you get better parking up front.
So are we gonna caravan down there?
Old 09-26-2005, 10:12 AM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by TSX.Fury
So are we gonna caravan down there?
Several of us are thinking about it. It will be a big undertaking to get everyone together on time but it might be worth a shot. What do you think? As far as I know, we have might have a couple of TSX's coming along.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:49 AM
SSM A-Spec

Let me know where to meet up at.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:38 AM
Advanced

Place:

Tysons 1
Tysons 2
Starbucks on Leesburg pike where Tower Record is.
GMU Parking lot C where the po-po is.

Meet 6:30~7:00pm
Leave 7:00pm

Any other place and time?
Old 09-26-2005, 03:14 PM
アキュラ 力

Just some additional information regarding the meet on this Saturday Oct 1st:

The MEGA MEET will be back at the Woodbridge VDOT lot at the intersection of I95 and Rt123 on October 1st from 7:30pm to 11:00pm. Instead of asking for a $1.00 to get in, we will be asking for 1 non-perishable food item per person that we will be donating to the Fredericksburg Food Bank for the victims of Hurricane Katrina. The Fredericksburg Food Bank staff will be at the lot with their truck to collect the items during this meet. Please feel free to bring more than one non-perishable food item if you would like because every little bit helps. But please understand that the Fredericksburg Food Bank can only accept non-perishable items. If you forget to bring an item or just don't want to, a $1 donation is still being accepted to get into the lot. Our goal is to show how much the youth/car enthusiast groups in the Mid Atlantic Region care for others around us. Lets make it a huge meet by passing the word along so that we can collect a lot of items for the victims of Hurricane Katrina.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:33 PM
G.O.A.T

...that would be soooo hawt

Let me know where and when and I am there .....
Old 09-26-2005, 05:35 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

man it is pouring outside @ 6:35 PM -- bye bye 2 coats of NXT
Old 09-26-2005, 06:48 PM
アキュラ 力

Muhaha, my car is sitting nice and cozy sitting in the body shop The only thing wet is my rental, an 05 Jeep Grand Cherokee Tank

Last edited by JPTL-S; 09-26-2005 at 06:50 PM.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:55 AM
SSM A-Spec

Shouldn't we meet somewhere close to the MEET though? Why don't we meet at Springfield mall by the Silver Diner. Than we can cruise in together. If we meet up far away, chances are we'll get split up/etc. Thats my two cents on it.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:59 AM
アキュラ 力

That would be nice but we need to make sure that the folks and DC and MD know how to get there though. Springfield would be a nice meeting place because it's a little closer to the commuter parking lot. BTW I don't know where the Silver Diner is
Old 09-27-2005, 09:23 AM
Now with i-Vtec

That would be nice but we need to make sure that the folks and DC and MD know how to get there though. Springfield would be a nice meeting place because it's a little closer to the commuter parking lot. BTW I don't know where the Silver Diner is

Silver Diner is located on the Target side of Springfield Mall where there is usually a lot more parking.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:37 AM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by JDM5lugHatch
Silver Diner is located on the Target side of Springfield Mall where there is usually a lot more parking.

Why don't we just make this the rally point We just need to come up with a time and a set of instructions for everyone!
Old 09-27-2005, 09:46 AM
SSM A-Spec

DIRECTIONS TO SPRINGFIELD MALL, MEET AT 6:30 SATURDAY OCTOBER 1st

Springfield Mall is conveniently located at the intersection of the Capital Beltway (I-495) which includes three major highway arteries:
I-495, I-95 and I-395.

FROM WASHINGTON

I-395 South to I-95 South. Take the FRANCONIA RD exit #169A (Rt 644E). Go straight through one traffic light, which is Loisdale Rd, and than get into the right lane to turn right into the Shopping Mall drive. You should see Silver Diner by now.

FROM BALTIMORE

Take I-95 S towardS WASHINGTON
Merge onto CAPITAL BELTWAY / I-495 W via EXIT 27 toward SILVER SPRING
Merge onto I-95 S via EXIT 57A toward RICHMOND
Merge onto FRANCONIA RD / VA-644 E toward FRANCONIA.
Go straight through one traffic light, which is Loisdale Rd, and than get into the right lane to turn right into the Shopping Mall drive. You should see Silver Diner by now.

FROM RICHMOND

I-95 North to the Franconia/Springfield exit. Go straight through one traffic light, which is Loisdale Rd, and than get into the right lane to turn right into the Shopping Mall drive. You should see Silver Diner by now.

FROM ROCKVILLE

Take 270 South to I-495 South toward Northern Virginia. Follow the Beltway to the interchange and take I-95 South to the FRANCONIA Rd exit #169A (Rt 644E). Go straight through one traffic light, which is Loisdale Rd, and than get into the right lane to turn right into the Shopping Mall drive. You should see Silver Diner by now.

FROM FRANCONIA/SPRINGFIELD PARKWAY

Go east on the parkway crossing over I-95 to the Frontier Drive exit. At the third traffic light, make a LEFT into the shopping mall road. Than make a right at the next intersection and take the mall road around until you see Silver Diner on the right.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:51 AM
アキュラ 力

Damn D! You're quick Thanks!

Originally Posted by TL Dustin
DIRECTIONS TO SPRINGFIELD MALL, MEET AT 6:30 SATURDAY OCTOBER 1st

Springfield Mall is conveniently located at the intersection of the Capital Beltway (I-495) which includes three major highway arteries:
I-495, I-95 and I-395.

FROM WASHINGTON

I-395 South to I-95 South. Take the FRANCONIA RD exit #169A (Rt 644E). Go straight through one traffic light, which is Loisdale Rd, and than get into the right lane to turn right into the Shopping Mall drive. You should see Silver Diner by now.

FROM BALTIMORE

Take I-95 S towardS WASHINGTON
Merge onto CAPITAL BELTWAY / I-495 W via EXIT 27 toward SILVER SPRING
Merge onto I-95 S via EXIT 57A toward RICHMOND
Merge onto FRANCONIA RD / VA-644 E toward FRANCONIA.
Go straight through one traffic light, which is Loisdale Rd, and than get into the right lane to turn right into the Shopping Mall drive. You should see Silver Diner by now.

FROM RICHMOND

I-95 North to the Franconia/Springfield exit. Go straight through one traffic light, which is Loisdale Rd, and than get into the right lane to turn right into the Shopping Mall drive. You should see Silver Diner by now.

FROM ROCKVILLE

Take 270 South to I-495 South toward Northern Virginia. Follow the Beltway to the interchange and take I-95 South to the FRANCONIA Rd exit #169A (Rt 644E). Go straight through one traffic light, which is Loisdale Rd, and than get into the right lane to turn right into the Shopping Mall drive. You should see Silver Diner by now.

FROM FRANCONIA/SPRINGFIELD PARKWAY

Go east on the parkway crossing over I-95 to the Frontier Drive exit. At the third traffic light, make a LEFT into the shopping mall road. Than make a right at the next intersection and take the mall road around until you see Silver Diner on the right.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:07 PM
アキュラ 力

Springfield Silver Diner Address

Here is the Springfield Silver Diner address if anyone needs to Mapquest it:

6592 Springfield Mall
Springfield, VA 22150
Old 09-27-2005, 06:15 PM
Pro

Hey is anyone goin to the meet near woodbridge?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...T/f324d9a2.jpg
Old 09-27-2005, 07:04 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

^ is this not the same meet?
Old 09-27-2005, 07:15 PM
Now with i-Vtec

^ is this not the same meet?

It's the same meet.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:21 PM
Pro

kewl
Old 09-27-2005, 07:24 PM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by mr_luv
Hey is anyone goin to the meet near woodbridge?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...T/f324d9a2.jpg

We are just meeting in Springfield first so we can have a rolling caravan coming into the Mid Atlantic Mega meet.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:24 PM
I like to whistle in my

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
great. well I need to meet up with someone cause i dont know where springfield mall is.
I did get this weekend off so i am tryin to get to this meet since i couldn't make it last week.

Quick Reply: MD/DC/VA Official Meet - October 1 - Let's Make this Big