Massachusetts Spring 2006 Meet - Cochituate State Park- Sunday April 23rd

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 07:37 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SSMTL04
my goal is to have the OEM kit on by the meet!! Or at least the front lip haha..depends on my money situations...being in college hurts, but its my last semester=)
That's my goal too but with a $2900 insurance bill waiting to be paid, it's gonna be tough but we'll see.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:03 PM
Luke 1:37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sclass88
That's my goal too but with a $2900 insurance bill waiting to be paid, it's gonna be tough but we'll see.
That's crazy! I just paid my insurance bill in full today ($1405)...could of gone to some new chrome rims...
Old 02-01-2006, 08:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Hmm... lets just keep this thread, and see if we can get to 300 pages like the Dallas meet threads
Old 02-01-2006, 08:45 PM
Registered Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmm, 300, only 298 to go...
Old 02-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Team ABP member

lucky that 2900 is going towward insurance.....I got into an accident friday and found out that my policy had expired two week prior cus the ins agent switched companies. So now I am stuck trying to fix up my car outta pocket and getting quoted 4-7k.

btw Wil I was thinking if I get this car situation handled fine and upgrade to the 02/03 R1 if you wanna roll up with your bike. Wifey wants to go to the meet so I was gonna have her take my car, so I could ride weather permittin
Old 02-02-2006, 01:33 AM
Who me?

I'll be there. Haven't been to a MA meet since 2003 I think.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by sxlova07
lucky that 2900 is going towward insurance.....I got into an accident friday and found out that my policy had expired two week prior cus the ins agent switched companies. So now I am stuck trying to fix up my car outta pocket and getting quoted 4-7k.

btw Wil I was thinking if I get this car situation handled fine and upgrade to the 02/03 R1 if you wanna roll up with your bike. Wifey wants to go to the meet so I was gonna have her take my car, so I could ride weather permittin
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Sorry to hear man.

Hmm........that's very tempting. I'll have my license by then too (MSF on 4/8-4/9). The only thing is that I'd like to bring the car to show off, so we'll see.

btw. Don't forget about this Monday (bike seminar). I'm going to leave work at 4pm, head over to my old work to see some guys and then drive to my old coworkers house to meet him. Did you want to meet at the hotel or did you want to meet at my friend's place (2 minutes from the Radisson in Warwick).
Old 02-02-2006, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Thunder Dump
I'll be there. Haven't been to a MA meet since 2003 I think.
Great username! Maybe I'll change my username to Upper Decker.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:29 AM
Drifting

That sucks man... sorry to hear about that.

What about Savage... I wonder if he knows about this meet......
Old 02-02-2006, 05:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Wouldn't that be the agent's fault then ??
Old 02-03-2006, 07:44 AM

So I felt like spreading the word today so I decided to post on several forums like I did last time and see if April 23rd would be a good date for everyone. If the majority likes the date, then I'll post it back here. I want to make sure that this is a good date not just for us Acs, but for other cars too. I'll keep you guys updated.

WIL
Old 02-03-2006, 08:34 AM
Team ABP member

Originally Posted by GreenMonster
Wouldn't that be the agent's fault then ??
yes and no.....yes because they normally just renew the policy with the new insurance company....but no since I should know when exactly my policy expires
Old 02-03-2006, 08:36 AM
Team ABP member

Originally Posted by virtualbong
So I felt like spreading the word today so I decided to post on several forums like I did last time and see if April 23rd would be a good date for everyone. If the majority likes the date, then I'll post it back here. I want to make sure that this is a good date not just for us Acs, but for other cars too. I'll keep you guys updated.

WIL

Hoping we get an even bigger turn out and fill two sections of the lot where we were at before.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:15 AM
fear and Loathing

If my project is done im down for the meet
Old 02-03-2006, 01:41 PM
Registered Driver

Shaved, what's the project?

Didn't realize there were CL members around, lol, I only ever think of the people from the first gen TL section, and people on FYC.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:42 PM
Registered Driver

Hoping we get an even bigger turn out and fill two sections of the lot where we were at before.
If it does get to looking really big, someone might want to go talk to park officials and see if we can get some designated space or somethin, don't wanna run out of room, especially if it is nice out and there are lots of other people there.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:46 PM
is still kickin!

Originally Posted by UnsanePyro
If it does get to looking really big, someone might want to go talk to park officials and see if we can get some designated space or somethin, don't wanna run out of room, especially if it is nice out and there are lots of other people there.

doubt we would run out of room
Old 02-03-2006, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by MeldyS26
doubt we would run out of room

It'll still be too early in the season for it to get crowded.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:48 PM
Team ABP member

btw. Don't forget about this Monday (bike seminar). I'm going to leave work at 4pm, head over to my old work to see some guys and then drive to my old coworkers house to meet him. Did you want to meet at the hotel or did you want to meet at my friend's place (2 minutes from the Radisson in Warwick).
btw I will meet you at the seminar....trying to get wifey to give me her car for the evening. do you mind hitting me up with the hotel info and time again. thanks
Old 02-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Drives With Hands

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
April 23rd it is. I have a bent rim to get fixed and a front passenger door that needs to the paint repaired (some assmagnet hit it with a shopping cart two days before Christmas) but I'll be there. Hopefully we can get a big ass muster of cars like last time - that kicked ass!

Oh, and it'll be great timing since I get my car detailed in early-mid April anyway to get it ready for the summer.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:01 PM
Drivin' it till it dies!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rmpage
......(some assmagnet hit it with a shopping cart two days before Christmas) ......Oh, and it'll be great timing since I get my car detailed in early-mid April anyway to get it ready for the summer.

Had to qoute "assmagnet", nice one. And ditto on the detailing for me. I'm going to try to make it out, unless I'm tied up with my bro's wedding (I'm best man, May 13th).
Old 02-03-2006, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by pistacio
Had to qoute "assmagnet", nice one. And ditto on the detailing for me. I'm going to try to make it out, unless I'm tied up with my bro's wedding (I'm best man, May 13th).
That's almost a month before! hahaha.

I hear ya though. There was alot to do for my bro's wedding (I was best man too). Hopefully you can make it out because it'll probably be one of the best, if not the best of the summer hopefully.

btw. there's already been some interest from various forums. I hit up 12 different car forums and I believe 8 out of the 12 have already shown interest.

WIL
Old 02-03-2006, 08:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Did you want to meet at the hotel or did you want to meet at my friend's place (2 minutes from the Radisson in Warwick).
Haha... that's my neck of the woods... I'm working in cranston...
Old 02-03-2006, 08:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Thanks Wil... it was suprising how many cars we got from other forums when you got the word out for the last time...
Old 02-03-2006, 08:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Shaved, what's the project?

Didn't realize there were CL members around, lol, I only ever think of the people from the first gen TL section, and people on FYC.
Yeah, we've got a could of 1st Gen and 2nd Gen CL member here... I'll have to remember to PM 'em all when I see their posts here and there...

Most of you guys should probably do the same... Madmax2000 has posted in here yet, so you TSX'ers might want to PM him next time you see him on the forums...

used to do that (PM'ing members) when we had some meets years ago...
Old 02-03-2006, 08:48 PM
Senior Moderator

pistacio, where 'bout in SE MA are you ?? I'm in Swansea...

Is that ABP TL in your avatar your's ?? Hafta keep an eye out for you on 195
Old 02-03-2006, 10:40 PM
Registered Driver

Hey John, what do you have for digi cams? I've been trying to play around with some since my bday is coming up.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:04 PM
Drifting

Yeah, we've got a could of 1st Gen and 2nd Gen CL member here... I'll have to remember to PM 'em all when I see their posts here and there...

Most of you guys should probably do the same... Madmax2000 has posted in here yet, so you TSX'ers might want to PM him next time you see him on the forums...

I'll shoot Max and Savage a meet just in case they haven't seen this thread yet. I'm already psyched for this meet!

EDIT: I just tried to shoot Max a message and his box is full. Hopefully he'll see ths thread...

Last edited by Sclass88; 02-03-2006 at 11:08 PM.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Hey John, what do you have for digi cams? I've been trying to play around with some since my bday is coming up.
I saw your thread in the Camera forum, and meant to post in it, but some how got distracted...

I used to use an old HP 2.3Mp 318, but the pics from the last meet were from my new Canon S2 IS 5Mp... I bought one for my step-dad and one for me last June on a Fatwallet.com dell deal. I like it..

My brother has a Canon A520, and my neice has a Canon A510... Both are great and are priced decently...

Can't go wrong w/ a canon IMHO... http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Canon/

These are all pretty big cameras (they take AA batteries), but some of the Canon SD series and other are smaller, if you are looking for something to fit in your pocket.

EDIT: you just reminded me that I have to do something with the old HP. I gotta check ebay to see what they are going for. Maybe I can make a couple of bucks selling it there.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:28 PM

pistacio, where 'bout in SE MA are you ?? I'm in Swansea...

Is that ABP TL in your avatar your's ?? Hafta keep an eye out for you on 195

Yes, that's my baby. I'm from Fall River. Might be hard to keep on eye out for me on 195......I rarely take the Acura to work, and if I do, I'm usually a blur on the highway. I'll admit, I'm a Masshole..lol
Old 02-03-2006, 11:35 PM

That's almost a month before! hahaha.

I hear ya though. There was alot to do for my bro's wedding (I was best man too). Hopefully you can make it out because it'll probably be one of the best, if not the best of the summer hopefully.

WIL

I just don't know when the rehearsals are and what not. If nothing special is planned for the 23rd I should be able to make it
Old 02-03-2006, 11:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Yes, that's my baby. I'm from Fall River. Might be hard to keep on eye out for me on 195......I rarely take the Acura to work, and if I do, I'm usually a blur on the highway. I'll admit, I'm a Masshole..lol
I'm usually going the other way on 195... From Swansea to Cranston, RI...

I grew up in Fall River... Lived in the South end (near Mee Sums), and later in Maplewood section (off of Brayton Ave.)... One of my sisters is still in FR down in little portugal (off columbia).

Good to see some Fall River peeps here on the forum
Old 02-03-2006, 11:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Travis, we should see how many people are in the Fall River, MA - Bristol RI area... Shit, if we can get a half dozen or so, we can crash some of the local cruise nights during the summer (tuesdays nites in Somerset on RT 6 or Sundays at Sams club in Seekonk) and have a SE new england mini meet
Old 02-04-2006, 12:33 AM
Professional Newbie

I'll shoot Max and Savage a meet just in case they haven't seen this thread yet. I'm already psyched for this meet!

EDIT: I just tried to shoot Max a message and his box is full. Hopefully he'll see ths thread...
Hey, thanks man, sorry it was full, but I got an email saying you tried so I ended up finding the thread

This meet sounds awesome I'll definitely be there, and we should grill again. This time we gotta bring some better fire-starting supplies so we don't have to use the foliage

And now it'll be my job to get some tint before the 23rd
Old 02-04-2006, 06:38 AM

I just don't know when the rehearsals are and what not. If nothing special is planned for the 23rd I should be able to make it
The rehearsals are usually the day before, so you should be ok. The only thing that could interfere is the Bachelor's Party
Old 02-04-2006, 08:50 AM
Registered Driver

John, there are actually a lot of people down this area, I've found a lot over on FYCRacing, but as for Acuras over there, only some Tegs.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:56 AM
still a Masshole

Make sure you do that and post the pics of all the Acuras!

I still got my baby but she gets neglected nowadays. And to add insult to injury I applied for a job with Ford! I might be driving a Cobra next time I come to a meet in MA!
Old 02-04-2006, 12:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Hey Freddie !!
Old 02-04-2006, 11:10 PM
Team SSM

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Nice, can't wait till this meet=) I'll spread the word to V6p.net if nobody has done it already.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by ferizzo
Make sure you do that and post the pics of all the Acuras!

I still got my baby but she gets neglected nowadays. And to add insult to injury I applied for a job with Ford! I might be driving a Cobra next time I come to a meet in MA!
Good to see you're still around Freddie!

Quick Reply: Massachusetts Spring 2006 Meet - Cochituate State Park- Sunday April 23rd