Issaquah - Seattle Honda Tech Meet!! Open To All Makes And Models!!! July 14 2007

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 07:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
first honda-tech you been to , because cars from all necks of the woods come from beat-up 88 hondas with mods. but i bet there were some nice cars there like rsx/nsx/s2k..... and don't forget the hundreds of integras civics
Old 07-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by buhhbuhh
first honda-tech you been to , because cars from all necks of the woods come from beat-up 88 hondas with mods. but i bet there were some nice cars there like rsx/nsx/s2k..... and don't forget the hundreds of integras civics
I've been to quite a few meets. Honda and Acura. I owned an EG until recently. I even took it to the Acurazine meets. Because it was a nice car. If it weren't a nice car I would have left it at home.

There were very few nice cars at this meet. All of them were pictured above.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:59 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by uncald4
BEATERS....

sT04Louis... We pulled in right behind you and got two spots on the other side of the road. But as soon as we realized that we were "out numbered"....... I think we stayed for about 10 minutes.

Sorry HondaTech.... most of those rides should have stayed in the weeds.

Thank you ephyouckay for the invite. Your efforts are commendable.
I guess i was expecting alot more out of the cars. Not saying im old or anything, but all the cars reminded me of a highschool parking lot. People worried more about stickers than the fact that their body kits were falling off, and paint was non existant.
Oh, and i missed a car.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sT04Louis
I guess i was expecting alot more out of the cars. Not saying im old or anything, but all the cars reminded me of a highschool parking lot. People worried more about stickers than the fact that their body kits were falling off, and paint was non existant.
Could not have said it better....

Not saying im old or anything
You mean "grown up"? Shit happens I guess.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:54 AM
Intermediate

uncald4, i didnt see you at the meet.... we waited for you at the homedepot but noone showed. ill have pics up tommorow... i ended up going to the FD event and i have shots from there as well.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:01 AM
Banned

wow was this meet that bad, i mean the last meet at went to was at golden garden s and that was a great show with like 30 s2k, 50 rsx, crazy supra, 350's, nsx's...but ya you get the point....but i guess these cars didn't show up to this meet
Old 07-15-2007, 11:02 AM
Banned

Oh, and i missed a car.

yea i saw this car at the last meet, its own by a girl isnt it ?!?! or it was last time i saw
Old 07-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Banned

yea i took a look at the pics on honda-tech, the meet seems alright to me... i mean a lot of the beat up cars (hondas)... have lots of work done to them... some of those got h22 in them and run 12's... so its nothing to hate on lol.

plus their were aleady some members on AZ at another meet that were hating on the beat up cars before, and a lot of the honda-tech ppl thought all ppl from AZ were stuck-up rich kids with TL's ...and they notice we just like to alienate ourselves. ??!?!?!

but yea i haven't rolled my TL to a meet so i wouldn't know. just don't make our rep any worse

but yup... and it seems like ppl on htech saying there were around 400 cars... wow,m sucks i misssed out.

look what i found on h-tech!!

Last edited by buhhbuhh; 07-15-2007 at 11:13 AM.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:07 PM
2nd Gear

it's a hondatech meet, the most that u can expect from it is that there are a lot of cars. which there were! compared to the lexus meets that i've attended to, so it really wasnt that bad... and its not really going to SEE nice cars (besides NSX and such...) but its more of a meet and greet sort of deal? haha i should stop going to HT meets =]

and i <3 the advan kreuzer Vs...

oh and yeah... the IS is mine. it likes to hide in the corner.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:51 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by solo_stage
it's a hondatech meet, the most that u can expect from it is that there are a lot of cars. which there were! compared to the lexus meets that i've attended to, so it really wasnt that bad... and its not really going to SEE nice cars (besides NSX and such...) but its more of a meet and greet sort of deal? haha i should stop going to HT meets =]

and i <3 the advan kreuzer Vs...

oh and yeah... the IS is mine. it likes to hide in the corner.
also i dont think you guys should be so harsh on the HT meet people... they opened up the invitation to try to include more people from the car community whether they're nice cars or not...

its the thought that counts... i'd invite u guys to a CL meet someday, but uhm CL meets up here include about 2-3 cars.

playing nice is so much mor fun
Old 07-15-2007, 04:26 PM
Intermediate

Here are my pics... its a mix of the meet and FD event.

FD PICS

SHOT OF THE DAY.

Old 07-15-2007, 04:59 PM
Burning Brakes

buhhbuhh, is that your TL on gold TE-37s? That combo looks really good. Wish I could have been there. Was this the H-T summer mega meet or is it just one of the monthly meets?
Old 07-15-2007, 06:10 PM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
yea i took a look at the pics on honda-tech, the meet seems alright to me... i mean a lot of the beat up cars (hondas) ... have lots of work done to them... some of those got h22 in them and run 12's... so its nothing to hate on lol.

plus their were aleady some members on AZ at another meet that were hating on the beat up cars before, and a lot of the honda-tech ppl thought all ppl from AZ were stuck-up rich kids with TL's ...and they notice we just like to alienate ourselves. ??!?!?!

but yea i haven't rolled my TL to a meet so i wouldn't know. just don't make our rep any worse

but yup... and it seems like ppl on htech saying there were around 400 cars... wow,m sucks i misssed out.

look what i found on h-tech!!
I'm sorry but you do sound like a dick to me also from reading all your previous posts. I would also like to see some nice eg, ek, s2k, etc but you can't always expect to see what you want to see. I just don't think it was necessary for you to call their rides shit and so on.... not only you ruined image of yourself but also AZ for what we built up past years. If you really want to represent AZ to others then you better shows some respect to others, noob.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Yea, I was reading some of the post and some of the H-T guys do not think highly of us at all. I am with s14 n TSX, show some class and respect next time because I am sure you wouldnt like it if they called your ride shit.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:37 PM
mmmmmm....

ephyouckay, thanks for the pics. I really wanted to go to the FD but I had to work. I heard that last year champ lost to that mustang. damn, I'm definitely going to next year...
Old 07-15-2007, 08:38 PM
mmmmmm....

Originally Posted by merkin110
Yea, I was reading some of the post and some of the H-T guys do not think highly of us at all. I am with s14 n TSX, show some class and respect next time because I am sure you wouldnt like it if they called your ride shit.
Are you coming to the august meet?
Old 07-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by S14 n Tsx
I'm sorry but you do sound like a dick to me also from reading all your previous posts. I would also like to see some nice eg, ek, s2k, etc but you can't always expect to see what you want to see. I just don't think it was necessary for you to call their rides shit and so on.... not only you ruined image of yourself but also AZ for what we built up past years. If you really want to represent AZ to others then you better shows some respect to others, noob.

why are you directing this message to me ? i'm the one telling other people not to trash the other cars at the meet and now you're telling me im a dick ? grow up man i'm just trying to not have this stupid hatred between AZ and h-tech meet
Old 07-15-2007, 08:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by merkin110
buhhbuhh, is that your TL on gold TE-37s? That combo looks really good. Wish I could have been there. Was this the H-T summer mega meet or is it just one of the monthly meets?

no i didnt go to this meet those are just pics from hondatech. wish i couldve though im usually at htech meets but not with my TL
Old 07-15-2007, 08:42 PM
mmmmmm....

why are you directing this message to me ? i'm the one telling other people not to trash the other cars at the meet and now you're telling me im a dick ? grow up man i'm just trying to not have this stupid hatred between AZ and h-tech meet
ha! I never called you a dick so stfu. Go back to h-tech and read their posts. They called your a dick/troll watever. I'm sure there is reason behind it... they are not going to just call you a dick w/o a reason. Glad to hear that you aren't those fools that thinks they can look down on people's ride because they got better ride.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:45 PM
Banned

um how about you trying to read my post closer because nothing is from my view point.. i said that other AZ members have talk ish about other h-tech ppl and thats how the hatred started.... so im just stating facts nothing from my mouth... so read closer before you decide to go hating on a member
Old 07-15-2007, 08:47 PM
mmmmmm....

I don't hate.. that's it! you better come to the meet because I'm going to kick your ass.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Are you coming to the august meet?
Yes sir i am. Looking forward to meeting with everyone.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:54 PM
mmmmmm....

^^ its going to be fun.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:55 PM
Burning Brakes

no i didnt go to this meet those are just pics from hondatech. wish i couldve though im usually at htech meets but not with my TL
So who all from AZ actually went? Off topic but does anyone know of a good auto detailer?
Old 07-15-2007, 08:58 PM
mmmmmm....

ask xinonhid. He might able to help you out on that. Are you trying to get your car detailed? I got a buffer and getting some compound. If you want we can detail together before the meet or something?
Old 07-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the offer but I think a professional detailer is going to have to spend 5+ hours on this damn thing. Wouldnt want to put you through that much time buffing and polishing you know. What is the plans for the AZ mega meet?
Old 07-15-2007, 09:17 PM
mmmmmm....

waiting for legendarycl bastard to create a thread. If he doesn't do it by this week then I'm doing it.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:33 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Ok the beef between all this is kinda lame. I guess i came off kinda harsh in my posts. My general impression of some [not all] the cars/owners was not giving a shit about anything. I personally got snaked two times trying to park, once by some girl in a VW bug. Another thing that made me mad was people parking cars that clearly had no buisness parking amongst the cars actually participating (example: early 90's accord with busted up body, hub caps that parked next to me).
Once i parked i walked around, saw some very nice cars. Especailly the 6 or 7 NSX's. Once i found the other TL i moved my car next to his, and both our cars got alot of attention. It always seemed like we were surrounded by people playing loud music or others yelling that no one warned them about a speed bump as they flew down the parking lot, busting up exhaust and body kits. All of which things were covered to not do in the event rules
I know my first posts were harsh, and the good out weighed the bad.

I appologize for any stuck up ass hole apperence i brought upon AcuraZine.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:06 AM
Former Sponsor

No explaination needed. I agree about the pointless bickering. Retarded.

A certain amount of shit talking is appropriate.....

Someday, very soon, I will drive a BMW M5. Until then I expect M5 owners to talk shit about my shitty Type-S when I park next to them at the Home Depot. Even if they told me to my face that my TL was weak.... I would frown and walk away. That M5 owner has earned his 400 plus horsepower mortgage payment on wheels.

I rolled an EG Civic and DC5 Integra for years before I earned the TL. I worked my ass off everyday to afford my two driveway trophy's. If that is a reason to consider me "stuck up"..... fuck it. I'm stuck up.

When I show up at my first BMW meet and see a busted ass Acura TL parked next to me..... guess what...

I'm gonna talk shit.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:09 AM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

I rolled an EG Civic and DC5 Integra for years before I earned the TL. I worked my ass off everyday to afford my two driveway trophy's. If that is a reason to consider me "stuck up"..... fuck it. I'm stuck up.
Ha, drove a 93 Teg LS as my first car, and had no money to do anything more than pay for gas/insurance. Went to Iraq, came home, bought my money theif.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Ha, drove a 93 Teg LS as my first car, and had no money to do anything more than pay for gas/insurance. Went to Iraq, came home, bought my money theif.
Fuckin A! Imagine that! I would say that you earned your wheels of fury. You "stuck up" bastard!

I bought my Civic when I was stationed at Ft. Hood, TX. Are you at Ft. Lewis now or you done?
Old 07-16-2007, 01:31 AM
Intermediate

i went to an e46fanatics/ bimmer meet and the guys didnt talk shit about my car nor my friends stock 7th gen.

IMO its all about mutual respect. Its stupid and childish to look down on others just because you have something they dont. Everyone was invited because we are all car enthusiasts. Like others have said, this was a meet and greet not HIN.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:42 AM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

I bought my Civic when I was stationed at Ft. Hood, TX. Are you at Ft. Lewis now or you done?
Thats crazy, i was at Hood for 2 1/2 years with 4ID (spent a year of that in iraq). Been here at Lewis for a month now. 3 1/2 years left with Uncle Sam.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:14 AM
Intermediate

just thought this was interesting and mature response to hear from one of the NSX owners who attended the meet.

Originally Posted by DrVolkl @ HT
Don't worry too much about the "acurazine" comments. I read thru them, seems like it's mostly just one person who wasn't "impressed". Well, I'm not impressed with a basically stock 2002 TL Type-S either...so who's he to talk. I'm more impressed with people who do engine work than swap in some PIAA light bulbs, no matter how rough the car may look....I'm sure most of these cars are daily drivers.

So props to all you guys who are putting their time and energy into their rides...works in progress are just that, don't be afraid to bring them out and show them off.

NSX S4 S6
Old 07-16-2007, 02:22 AM
Intermediate

really shows not all members of the $35k+ car club looks down on those who are not up to par, but instead those who choose to.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:46 AM
mmmmmm....

Ok the beef between all this is kinda lame. I guess i came off kinda harsh in my posts. My general impression of some [not all] the cars/owners was not giving a shit about anything. I personally got snaked two times trying to park, once by some girl in a VW bug. Another thing that made me mad was people parking cars that clearly had no buisness parking amongst the cars actually participating (example: early 90's accord with busted up body, hub caps that parked next to me).
Once i parked i walked around, saw some very nice cars. Especailly the 6 or 7 NSX's. Once i found the other TL i moved my car next to his, and both our cars got alot of attention. It always seemed like we were surrounded by people playing loud music or others yelling that no one warned them about a speed bump as they flew down the parking lot, busting up exhaust and body kits. All of which things were covered to not do in the event rules
I know my first posts were harsh, and the good out weighed the bad.

don't worry about it. You better come to the meet.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:39 AM
Racer

man i went parasailing with my friends on Sat and we were in Kirkland for hours because they had some festival goin on. I showed up at like 5 and everybody was gone except a few civics. Can't wait for the August meet! I might have my RDX by then. Problem is...how do i roll two cars to the meet?
Old 07-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Banned

I don't hate.. that's it! you better come to the meet because I'm going to kick your ass.
haha ok dood this is getting to far, we were both argueing for the same reason, to just keep AZ rep up.

and btw no one on h-tech has any bad rep with me, if you said you read my post on h-tech. i'm not sure how you would know who i am since i have a different sn and never post anything about AZ on there. because i try to stay out of those convos.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ephyouckay
really shows not all members of the $35k+ car club looks down on those who are not up to par, but instead those who choose to.
So... you don't see the similarity here? An NSX owner from H/T saying that he isn't impressed by my "lesser" TL?

He has an NSX.... I have a TL. Instead of being a bitch and crying about his words I'm gonna take my licks like a grown up.

If you can't take some criticism about your car then don't willingly show it off. Word?

Let's cut the bickering. Suck it up a drive on.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:29 PM
Intermediate

So... you don't see the similarity here? An NSX owner from H/T saying that he isn't impressed by my "lesser" TL?

He has an NSX.... I have a TL. Instead of being a bitch and crying about his words I'm gonna take my licks like a grown up.

If you can't take some criticism about your car then don't willingly show it off. Word?

Let's cut the bickering. Suck it up a drive on.
Noone cried on HT. They just felt a loss of mutual respect because AZ was invited to the meet but yet they were looked down upon because their cars were not up to par with AZ members.

He was saying hes MORE impressed with those who do swaps and motor work than stock TLs or whatever. He isnt looking down on you because you have a cheaper car then he does or isnt in as good of shape as his is. He didnt call your TL a beater or a POS car. The guy was comparing the HT cars to the AZ cars (since that is whats going on here). Not His NSX to any other car. It was purely an example that was saying you dont have to have a perfect car to goto a meet.

BTW, a meet is not a car show. Everyone was invited whether you drove a geo metro or a ferrari. As long as you had an interest in cars and modding then you were invited.

Quick Reply: Issaquah - Seattle Honda Tech Meet!! Open To All Makes And Models!!! July 14 2007