Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 03:40 PM
Comptech Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GTA Toronto Track day on Aug 1st

There will be a Full Track day at Shannonville on Augst 1st

and i think there will be a few of us going

it's from 9-5 and it will be 140 CAD prepaid and 160CAD at the door

i will be going if the weather is good, i hope there will be more coming this time coz last time was so much fun
Old 07-18-2005, 04:03 PM
New ride...Acura MDX 2013

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Sam, that sounds like an awesome idea, the thing is that I'm on Emerg call that weekend and will have to make arrangements to switch with someone else. Seeing how I've missed the last few meets I'd really like to get out to the track. Put me down as tentative and I'll keep ya posted and btw how soon do you need to prepay and to who.

Thanks, Jeff
Old 07-18-2005, 04:16 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Damn it. My mom sent in my passport and everything to the embassy for renewal. I only have a license and that's not gonna get me across the border.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:26 PM
Comptech Freak

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
Damn it. My mom sent in my passport and everything to the embassy for renewal. I only have a license and that's not gonna get me across the border.
LOL try to come, it's fun to run against those highly modded civic hatchbacks with 200whp, they will walk away at the straight

and i will show you how i am gonna to beat the hell out of the Golf GTI VR6, as i did last time
Old 07-18-2005, 05:28 PM
Comptech Freak

Originally Posted by mezzerTL-S
Hey Sam, that sounds like an awesome idea, the thing is that I'm on Emerg call that weekend and will have to make arrangements to switch with someone else. Seeing how I've missed the last few meets I'd really like to get out to the track. Put me down as tentative and I'll keep ya posted and btw how soon do you need to prepay and to who.

Thanks, Jeff
we need more TL on the track, last time i went they first thought it was a POS but at the end of the day it earned a lot of respect

i am looking for set of R tires so i can beat the crap out of the car
Old 07-18-2005, 08:22 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by samkws
we need more TL on the track, last time i went they first thought it was a POS but at the end of the day it earned a lot of respect

i am looking for set of R tires so i can beat the crap out of the car
Honestly, you do not need R Comps on the TL unless you're doing some SERIOUS competition racing. My T1-S held up just fine, and even my instructor at MAM (who has had THOUSANDS of hours of driving on race tracks) said that T1-S are excellent tires on the track.

If you're burning up your T1-S, then don't take this the wrong way, but you weren't driving right. The car won't change on the track; track driving is all about changing YOURSELF, and enhacing your driving skills to drive the car better. Just because you think you're not getting enough traction, that doesn't mean the fault lies with the tires. Take Joe, for example -- jtkz13. He ran his CL-S6 at Gingerman a couple of weeks ago on the stock tires and he drove fine. He absolutely destroyed those tires, but that's a good sign. That means he drove the car to the tires' limit, but not over it because he didn't lose control of his car. THAT is what track driving is about.

If you don't focus on honing your own skills but instead blame it on the car and upgrade, then well, the limit of your car may increase but your skills will stay the same.

Next time you go to a road course, try to learn the lines and not just driving your car hard. A good way to do this is driving a few laps slow. Even at low speeds, you will immediately feel a difference between taking the proper line and stepping out of that line. Remember those lines, remember to look up and spot the apex as you go into each turn, and your car will follow. Not the other way around -- taking the wrong lines and trying to make the car go.

I'm not trying to brag here (in fact, I give the credit to my instructor) but I had to slow down coming OUT of turns because the Type-Rs were blocking my way. I said "Dang it, I'm going too fast." and the instructor replied to me "No, you're just going fastER than those other guys. You're taking the proper lines and just coming out faster than them. Don't worry." Even an Enzo could lose to a lesser car if it was being piloted by an inexperienced driver. It's not the car -- it's the DRIVER and changing the driver is what track driving is all about. Sure, it's more fun with a better car, but that's not the point. Just like at the drag strip -- the goal isn't to beat other cars. There are ALWAYS faster cars than yours; it is a battle against YOURSELF, and trying to better your skills so that you can achieve a faster time in YOUR car, not faster than other cars.

No disrespect; just giving you my
Old 07-18-2005, 10:34 PM
Comptech Freak

thanks for the tips

even thou it was my first time, i think i was doing ok, i got instructed by a driver who drives a M5 and my garage owner, who drives a type-R

they both think my driving is fine, but i did drive too aggressive to try to keep up with those civics, but however the tires start to overheat after a few laps and had to slow down a bit to cool it off

the track was too hot and the tires couldn't stand it

Last edited by samkws; 07-18-2005 at 10:36 PM.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:57 AM
New ride...Acura MDX 2013

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey Sam, you still going to the track or what? Let me know cause I'd rather meet up with you before hand and head together you can call me I'll pm my cell # to you

Jeff
Old 07-25-2005, 02:46 PM
Comptech Freak

sure i have to call other TSX guys to confirm, they will be going most likely
Old 07-27-2005, 03:09 PM
revo evom / move over

https://lms.portal.honda.ca/wss/index_a.htm
Old 07-27-2005, 03:09 PM
revo evom / move over