View Poll Results: Should November 11th (Saturday) be the date of the meet?
Yes
94.12%
No
5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Florida Mega Meet (Pre Planning)

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 10:31 AM
99TL-p 114K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
gimme an adress, ill look it up on google earth and a reg map.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:48 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just search the intersection highway 434 (alafaya trail) and university.

or better yet search ucf, and look for university drive, it should be on the right when ucf is behind you
Old 07-27-2006, 01:00 PM
~HondaF1~

Received 109 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by Xtremespeed2102
just search the intersection highway 434 (alafaya trail) and university.

or better yet search ucf, and look for university drive, it should be on the right when ucf is behind you
Yeah, there's a McD's in the same parking lot.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,999 Likes on 1,420 Posts
Old 07-27-2006, 10:41 PM
Senior Moderator

one of the two green arrows on that pic are the parking lots that we can go to. The one with the better looking arrow (dark green and black) is the lot with the mcdonalds in it. That also has a place for subs and an isreli resturant. (sorry for the spelling). THe other one with the crude arrow has a chinese/japenese place with a dominos pizza.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

I was just there today buying my books. alot larger than i remmeberd it being, mainly beucase i never really pay attention to the parking lot size. im sure we wont have a problem. most of the stores in that shopping center are not in buisness, others that are are way further down.

Here is an edited picture of the area. I moved the green arrow over becuase that area tends to be more crowded due to more shops. There are quite a few resturants and bars there. During the day it might not be bad but as it gets closer to dinner it will fill up. The area i suggested is near the book store and the take out places, hence less people need to park.

I apologize if its messy, paint blows.

Also, i had another idea. In research park there are quite a few bldgs. Many owned by UCF, one in particular that i work at. On the weekends no one is in the blding except for us in our lab. All the employees work 9 to 5 M-F since most are military/govt organizations. If this parking area falls through we could look into using that parking area. Its off the main road and unless your specifically going into the parking area you wont be bothered.
Part of it is also used for UCF over flow parking during the week. Granted this is a weekend project this might be a good place to use. Just a suggestion..

Worst comes to worst we just take a "cruise" to the other parking lot if something happens to the first one.

Last edited by Xtremespeed2102; 07-27-2006 at 10:56 PM.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by csmeance
one of the two green arrows on that pic are the parking lots that we can go to. The one with the better looking arrow (dark green and black) is the lot with the mcdonalds in it. That also has a place for subs and an isreli resturant. (sorry for the spelling). THe other one with the crude arrow has a chinese/japenese place with a dominos pizza.
I would definately not go to the one with the little green arrow. that is the parking lot from hell. There is barely enough spots there to get to the stores when you need to go. Definately over populated. See my above post for the lot across the street
Old 07-27-2006, 11:38 PM
Senior Moderator

i think the one with the book store should be the best.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

whatever you guys prefer, if your comming from the highway there is 417 further down university, left of the picture. if for some reason you are comming off of 408 you would get on 417 north and take it to university again.....

if u were at the other spot you would just take 408 to the end, once it ends you are in research park.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:29 AM
Senior Moderator

whatever you guys prefer, if your comming from the highway there is 417 further down university, left of the picture. if for some reason you are comming off of 408 you would get on 417 north and take it to university again.....
i'm a bit confused...
Old 07-28-2006, 06:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Xtremespeed2102

Worst comes to worst we just take a "cruise" to the other parking lot if something happens to the first one.

LOL what take a "cruise", I'm going to be driving for 3 1/2hrs, and you want me to drive around looking for something....

Guys Guys.... come on, you NEED to FIND out about this location, and if its allowed to have a car meet there, We need 100% confirmation, not if it might be ok

This is not fair on the people who have to drive long distances...

What about Large Public Parks...surely in Orlando there has to be a few you can check up on..... Orlando is a big place, with plently of large open spaces...

IF you can't find a secure place...I say we take a vote on it...with moving it to another location.... because this has all the makings of a disaster.

Not many places like car meets....Most times from the one's ive seen, ppl end up getting kicked out, especially if there is a large presence....

Thats why when we have our Meet in Ft. Lauderdale I tell our guys, Markham park.... I'm 100% we won't get kicked out and its something we don't have to worry about.. something has to be found similar in Orlando.

Last edited by F900; 07-28-2006 at 06:17 AM.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by F900
LOL what take a "cruise", I'm going to be driving for 3 1/2hrs, and you want me to drive around looking for something....

Guys Guys.... come on, you NEED to FIND out about this location, and if its allowed to have a car meet there, We need 100% confirmation, not if it might be ok

This is not fair on the people who have to drive long distances...

What about Large Public Parks...surely in Orlando there has to be a few you can check up on..... Orlando is a big place, with plently of large open spaces...

IF you can't find a secure place...I say we take a vote on it...with moving it to another location.... because this has all the makings of a disaster.

Not many places like car meets....Most times from the one's ive seen, ppl end up getting kicked out, especially if there is a large presence....

Thats why when we have our Meet in Ft. Lauderdale I tell our guys, Markham park.... I'm 100% we won't get kicked out and its something we don't have to worry about.. something has to be found similar in Orlando.

You are not going to get a 100% okay from any one. I dont beleive any one owns that area hell half the shops in that plaza are empty and out of buisness. If you say can I have a car show here theyll think your crazy beucase all the ricers and weed wackers go out there, from what used to be religiously thurs nights and never asked anyone.

I dont care what roads you guys take, just get there. Its off the main highway, google/mapquest is your freind. If you dont see the parking/shoping center youll be driving around UCF, a giant circle.

The second place i mentioned was an option, you complained about not having options, i sat down and thought about it. IF you guys dont feel confortable meeting in a shoping center then you can go to another parking lot. Its seculded and off the main road. It was only a suggestion.

I highly doubt the parks will let us have a "large" car meet seeing that most around here barely have enough parking for those who go, let alone our masses. But again if u want to mingle with the locals be my guest, just dont get annoyed if someone drives off with your car if you know what i mean.

Personally the shopping center, large corporation parking area, or some other parking area would be the best. It would be in our better interest to be out of the way and out of sight more or less.

If you really want there is a park near Greek Row and the lake in UCF, atleast there, it is owned by ucf and you can acutally call someone. Granted if u make it sound like a big massive party theyre going to say NO, but if you say its a small gathering im sure they wont mind. Granted some of us are UCF students. Again this is my and its the best i can give you.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:07 PM
Senior Moderator

in those two lots, i don't think that anyone will care because there is no securty. And also i know i will be probably goin gto that chinese place or dominoes for lunch so technically we will be customers.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:13 PM
Senior Moderator

I also had a back up plan if we did get kicked out, (just an idea if you guys wanted) we could come to daytona beach and party beachside in the parks that we have here.

heres and image of it, it is Fran A Rendon Park
Old 07-29-2006, 12:32 AM
99TL-p 114K

Number 1, If im going up to Orlando for this Mega Meet that i got goin here, with some aditional help from you locals up there in Orlando, i plan on driving str8 to Orlando for the meet and hitting up Universal as a good reason to drive up there. I wouldnt be goin up to Orlando for just a meet, what a waste of gas. SO therefore, i dont plan on driving a totally different direction to Daytona for this meet, its just not on the way or anything for me. Idk, isnt there some kind of Corporate Office Buildings, like the small ones thare are like 4 stories high and somewhat secluded and not easily seen with open parking lots???? Or like, Warehouses tend to have big ass Smooth Concrete Back Lots where no trucks are really at on the weekends and its empty and we can just put cars anywhere, no parking spaces etc. Actually be a nice spot for photo shoot of all the cars togethere. think about that. I really dont wana have this meet out in the middle of the public eye. Id rather it be more hidden. I dont mind driving to a warehouse area or corporate bulidings complex lot.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:18 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by dvsxlt247
Number 1, If im going up to Orlando for this Mega Meet that i got goin here, with some aditional help from you locals up there in Orlando, i plan on driving str8 to Orlando for the meet and hitting up Universal as a good reason to drive up there. I wouldnt be goin up to Orlando for just a meet, what a waste of gas. SO therefore, i dont plan on driving a totally different direction to Daytona for this meet, its just not on the way or anything for me. Idk, isnt there some kind of Corporate Office Buildings, like the small ones thare are like 4 stories high and somewhat secluded and not easily seen with open parking lots???? Or like, Warehouses tend to have big ass Smooth Concrete Back Lots where no trucks are really at on the weekends and its empty and we can just put cars anywhere, no parking spaces etc. Actually be a nice spot for photo shoot of all the cars togethere. think about that. I really dont wana have this meet out in the middle of the public eye. Id rather it be more hidden. I dont mind driving to a warehouse area or corporate bulidings complex lot.

that was my "suggested area" that got shot down. the research lab is in research park, simliar to the small buisness corporate buildings you start to see behind the shoping plaza in the first google map. the one behind the shoping plaza is called the quadrangle and is owned by a few buisnesses.
the one i suggested is owned by UCF i beleive but is rented out by its respective floor occupants. there are simliar buildings around.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:10 PM
6th Gear

which idea are you talking about? The one for the parking lot with the bunch of diagrams or the one for daytona. I don't mind where we have the meet at, weather it be an open pakring lot or a empty warehouse, just want to get to this one.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:30 AM
Three Wheelin'

i didnt suggest the daytona, in the post with the diagrams i suggested a corporate office parking lot
Old 07-30-2006, 01:26 PM
Fast Foward>Rewind>Play

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
no to the UC7 place. The place across from UCF, peple have been kicked out, notice the wednesday meets are no longer there.

An idea is the old saturday night spot on colonial near fashion square, across actually, theres that old Big K Mart parking lot. It is never busy on weekends. or ever for that matter. I can call when I get the number if I pass by it on the way home from work.

What is circled in green is free game.
408 Parking Spaces

*edit

Photobucket resized it. If google.maps type in orlando fashion square mall
Old 07-30-2006, 03:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

what about the parking lot near burlington coat factory on colonial, theres a chilis and a buncha fast food places there
Old 07-30-2006, 05:38 PM
how handsome I am

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Orlando3.0
no to the UC7 place. The place across from UCF, peple have been kicked out, notice the wednesday meets are no longer there.

An idea is the old saturday night spot on colonial near fashion square, across actually, theres that old Big K Mart parking lot. It is never busy on weekends. or ever for that matter. I can call when I get the number if I pass by it on the way home from work.

What is circled in green is free game.
408 Parking Spaces

*edit

Photobucket resized it. If google.maps type in orlando fashion square mall
good call brotha.

Lets make sure this place is gonna be cool for us to stay at the entire day... Im not making a 3/ 3.5 hr drive just to get moved around...
Old 07-30-2006, 05:52 PM
99TL-p 114K

Originally Posted by agranado
good call brotha.

Lets make sure this place is gonna be cool for us to stay at the entire day... Im not making a 3/ 3.5 hr drive just to get moved around...
I dont know about all you other South Florida members but u should hit up a theme park up there to make this meet worth while. Drivin up just for a meet is a waste of gas in my opinion. if you go to universal or whatever, now you have a reason for drivin up and as a bonus your gona hit up the meet while ur at it. See what im sayin. Whatever, to each there own.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:52 PM
Senior Moderator

so far these are the two best ideas, the K-mart parking lot or the parking lot by UCF which i posted a picture( the one with Mcdonalds) of. Both seem good but still the one by UCF would be better because it has places to eat which are in that plaza.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:54 PM
99TL-p 114K

Damn, i wish everyone all over florida could just drive down to South Florida because we got a bomb as meet spot down here, Either Markham Park which is where we do our local meets for south florida members orrrrr i know some good ass corporate building centers that have lots of dead ass empty parking lots and the place is secluded so its kinda underground feeling lol.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:27 PM
~HondaF1~

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Orlando3.0
Yeah but that was @ night & there has actually been several people that have met there on their way to shows/meets/etc. during the day & the cops have just driven by & just look like they are just cruising checking out the cars & have not done anything & this has been done about a dozen times since then....

The Wed. night gig was ruined by the usual burn-out bandits & basically b/c we were there every Wed. night. It would not be a problem for a Saturday affair.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by R J Poseidon 6
Yeah but that was @ night & there has actually been several people that have met there on their way to shows/meets/etc. during the day & the cops have just driven by & just look like they are just cruising checking out the cars & have not done anything & this has been done about a dozen times since then....

The Wed. night gig was ruined by the usual burn-out bandits & basically b/c we were there every Wed. night. It would not be a problem for a Saturday affair.

thats what i thought, personally i would prefer one of the corporate buildings in research park or the quadrangle.

if ure still antsy about permission, there are a few companies i know that have buildings in lake mary and the quadrangle as well and they dont care about weekend usage, as long as its not near the doors.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:58 PM
Senior Moderator

like rj said, the polioce won't care unless ur doing something wrong like burnouts. And like i said before, we would be titled customers because some of us would buy food from the dominoes or the chinese place
Old 07-31-2006, 09:08 PM
how handsome I am

Originally Posted by dvsxlt247
I dont know about all you other South Florida members but u should hit up a theme park up there to make this meet worth while. Drivin up just for a meet is a waste of gas in my opinion. if you go to universal or whatever, now you have a reason for drivin up and as a bonus your gona hit up the meet while ur at it. See what im sayin. Whatever, to each there own.
I may go straight up to tally.. I have a friend who goes to school there.

besides that, driving up with a good number of acks all the way up to O-town would be hella fun... kinda would make the trip worth the drive for me anyways

Last edited by agranado; 07-31-2006 at 09:10 PM.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:27 AM
~HondaF1~

Make way!!!

The fat cow is coming.........
Old 08-01-2006, 08:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

mmmmm lazy mooon
Old 08-01-2006, 10:28 AM
how handsome I am

Make way!!!

The fat cow is coming.........

la vaca, moooo
Old 08-02-2006, 02:53 PM
99TL-p 114K

bump
Old 08-02-2006, 09:19 PM
I've been Canonized ;)

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Ok....this isn't getting us anywhere.

What we need is a place.....a place where we are welcome and can stay for awhile.
Now the Orlando area is a big place. There should be plenty of places to go

Corporate parking lots are possible, but so is going to an establishment such as a Hooters, Beef- o- Brady's or Winghouse. Just let them know what you are planning to do--- Bring people from around the state with moderate priced cars to meet together and show off their cars!!

This will draw attention to their business, which in turn could possibly/should get discounts for those making the trip there. We would have a place rain/shine and can hang out w/o worry and food and drink for those who would like it.

I might be wrong on this , but this has 7 pages and nothing to show for it so far.

?
Old 08-03-2006, 12:34 PM
Senior Moderator

LKLD, that is a really good idea, but it would be hard to find a hooters with a big enought lot.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:48 PM
~HondaF1~

Exclamation

Originally Posted by LKLD
Corporate parking lots are possible, but so is going to an establishment such as a WingHouse. Just let them know what you are planning to do--- Bring people from around the state with moderate priced cars to meet together and show off their cars!!

This will draw attention to their business, which in turn could possibly/should get discounts for those making the trip there. We would have a place rain/shine and can hang out w/o worry and food and drink for those who would like it. ?
Very true, & actually, the WingHouse in Altamonte has a large parking lot & is very easy to get to.

............it's pretty much right @ S.R.436 [Semoran Blvd.] & I-4.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

hooters off of lake underhill, its set byitself so its got a nice sized lot.
i beleive theres a Drs or denist next door thats never open on the weekend evenings

theres gotta be other resturants that are nearby i just cant think of em off the top of my head
Old 08-04-2006, 07:31 AM
it's 4:20

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Very true, & actually, the WingHouse in Altamonte has a large parking lot & is very easy to get to.

............it's pretty much right @ S.R.436 [Semoran Blvd.] & I-4.
That would be a killer spot RJ. I can't wait.........
Old 08-04-2006, 07:11 PM
Senior Moderator

nice find RJ and great idea LKLD. I think this will probably a really good place to have the meet, now its all up the dvsxlt247
Old 08-05-2006, 05:39 PM
2sic

someone should call them and let them know what were thinking about and see if its cool that we take up half of the parking lot.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:24 PM
Senior Moderator

here the info

WingHouse of Altamonte Springs
275 W. State Road 436
Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
407-786-9464

Quick Reply: Florida Mega Meet (Pre Planning)