BBQ (cookout) Meet in March-MD/DC/VA/PA/NJ March 25th

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 03:19 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by snowman81
wow, everyone sounds so smart...can't we get back to talking about cars. That's something I know about...even though it's only a little. And xtin, $100,000 for your education...that's crazy. I was shocked when I figured my Bachelors cost $50,000. That's alot of darn money. I'll bet you're real smart though...so I may be asking you some questions.
100k and Im not even done. 2nd year medical student but I go to an Ivy League school thats not cheap. I get a lot of scholarships THANK GOD but still, I shudder to think of what the total cost will be at the end.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:21 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Originally Posted by jason2713
Yea, I have about $80,000 in loans right now for my bachelors and master's in computer engineering....my bachelors was in molecular engineering....EEEK!
BS in Biology from FSU and now Im at George Washington University medical school possibly transferring to Johns Hopkins for advanced training. Oh boy!
Old 03-29-2006, 04:18 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by snowman81
Molecular engineering....what kind of molecules were you planning on designing?
On a side note...I know you were talking about having a meet in May sometime. I've been trying to get an idea of when I can plan a VA Beach meet for and how many people would be interested in coming. That being said, do you have a date when you are planning your meet for? I don't want to interfere with your meet.
I haven't thought about it yet, we will see.

I worked with DNA Sequencing, Parental Testing, DNA replication (PCR), etc etc...stuff you'd prolly not be interested in
Old 03-29-2006, 05:36 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jason2713
I haven't thought about it yet, we will see.

I worked with DNA Sequencing, Parental Testing, DNA replication (PCR), etc etc...stuff you'd prolly not be interested in
Yeah, I am not necessarily interested in it but those are some very controversial areas you're getting into. I'm more of a technological kinda guy...biology doesn't really spark my interest but machines do. Let me know about the meet, I have some ideas for a meet down here and I think I know of some people that might wanna make it but I don't expect nor hope for a turn out as big as the BBQ. Wanna keep this one to a smaller group of people, but anyone who is willing to make the drive down here, as I do for meets up there, is more than welcome to come. There is a thread already started about that for comments that people may have.
https://acurazine.com/forums/acurazine-clubs-meets-15/va-beach-meet-planning-331607/
Old 03-30-2006, 02:37 AM
Recently turned 18

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well, if it's that Very last week of April I'd be down. I priced my coilover install over at Tempest today. They're crazy. I will just wait and have someone help me. Thinking about ordering the "upgrade" springs for the coilovers anyway(Teins). There's some other little parts I need to order in reality before I go putting this stuff on my car. Ya know, learn from others mistakes. (sigh) I can't wait to get it lowered though. Damn I need to get on the ball.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:33 AM
T&S Customizing

Originally Posted by xtin
You cant catch a cold from standing in cold weather.

Sorry, Im a med student and this myth drives me insane
If your a med student tell me how to get rid of my coughs been sick for 6 or 7 days now
Old 03-30-2006, 05:37 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Originally Posted by Blitz
Well, if it's that Very last week of April I'd be down. I priced my coilover install over at Tempest today. They're crazy. I will just wait and have someone help me. Thinking about ordering the "upgrade" springs for the coilovers anyway(Teins). There's some other little parts I need to order in reality before I go putting this stuff on my car. Ya know, learn from others mistakes. (sigh) I can't wait to get it lowered though. Damn I need to get on the ball.
The very last week as in the 29th and 30th? Well, whenever you wanna do some installs, let me know. I know we can install that stuff...maybe not all in one day but we can do it.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:30 AM
Recently turned 18

Yeah, probably from the 23rd to the end of the month is when I'll have the most time. Seems like all my other weekends in April after this one will be filled with NON car stuff.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:37 AM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
^ yah, u can def do it yourself, its just time and tools lolol

air tools, got em? if so, i will be frequenting bowie!
Old 03-30-2006, 09:21 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Originally Posted by Malayalee King

Yeah, he has access to air tools. I don't think I would have been able to do most of the work that I've done if I didn't have air tools and a lift.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:38 PM
Recently turned 18

Yeah man. I've got access to air tools, lifts, torque wrenchs...just about anything any normal shop would have....sorry NO DYNO. If folks want to "use" me, just give me heads up. It's all on the base (Andrews). I'd have to check the days their open and my schedule but I will GLADLY help anyone out if I can. Snowman and I had talked about a Mod Meet like this, where we could get a few folks on base and throw down on a few mods.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:28 PM
Recently turned 18

By the way, I don't live in Bowie anymore (I WISH!!!), moved to Ft. Washington. Need to change that. It's so boring out here too.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:35 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Originally Posted by phatintegra
If your a med student tell me how to get rid of my coughs been sick for 6 or 7 days now
It depends if its a bacterial infection of viral. Bacteria can be killed pretty quickly with an antibiotic like amoxicillin or augmentin. If its viral, sorry bud you will just have to wait it out and let it take its course. Viruses cannot be treated (which is why HIV and Hepatitis are such bad fuckers)

Its so weird, Ive never had the flu and I work with viruses almost daily..and live infections etc . . .I cant even remember the last time I had a cold . ..

It might be my OCD'ness when it comes to disinfecting everything and using hand sanitizer 24/7
Old 03-30-2006, 04:24 PM
Advanced

It depends if its a bacterial infection of viral. Bacteria can be killed pretty quickly with an antibiotic like amoxicillin or augmentin. If its viral, sorry bud you will just have to wait it out and let it take its course. Viruses cannot be treated (which is why HIV and Hepatitis are such bad fuckers)

Its so weird, Ive never had the flu and I work with viruses almost daily..and live infections etc . . .I cant even remember the last time I had a cold . ..

It might be my OCD'ness when it comes to disinfecting everything and using hand sanitizer 24/7

haha she's right, viral infections like HIV and Herpes are horrible. If I'm correct, viral infections actually take over your cells, integrate into your DNA and when the coast is clear, something triggers their DNA portion to take over the DNA replication that normally would happen in your cell, only now instead of the cell replicating, the virus does....and does so until the viral phages bursts the cell and then spreads to other cells. That's why normal antibiotics dont work, since they "live" in our cells, you can't really target them. Instead, they have retroviral therapies that block their replication. Its been a while since I've studied this, so I may be wrong. But basically that's why your stuck with HIV, Herpes, or any viral diseases, they are basically part of your DNA. You can only block them from becoming active.

If you have just a bacterial infection, much easier, because they are actual cells in your blood, and can be targeted much easier.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:21 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

in h-town acurazine ppls!
Old 03-30-2006, 07:29 PM
アキュラ 力

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

in h-town acurazine ppls!
My birth state Glad to see you made it down there in one piece. Don't go too wild there Kiran
Old 03-30-2006, 08:38 PM
PROFESSIONAL HITMAN!

MY BUDDY HAS AIR TOOLS. HE DOES ALL MY WORK FOR A REASONABLE PRICE, SOMETIMES FREE IF I HELP HIM OUT.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:24 AM
T&S Customizing

Still coughing but it's geting much better now.