Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Atlanta Import Track Meet - April 27

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 03:49 AM
legendarylegendz.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Atlanta Import Track Meet - April 27

Enough keyboard racing...let's take it to the track

- Don't you want to see how fast your CL is after adding that Greddy AEM CAI?

- Don't you want to know what your car runs BEFORE adding those headers or someone's s/c?

- Don't you want to test out that dual fogger system you got for Christmas?

- Don't you want to show the rest of the world what YOU are working with? Well come on!

It's time to put your money where your mouth is....legally,and for only $15.00, unlimited runs. Those of you that have been to a normal test and tune know it can be a pain and you may be lucky to get more than 3 runs in.

{That is why this is so cool..unlimited runs ownz yoo :bowdown: unlimited runs}

OK, enough ranting and raving..details are below...when i see how many folks are interested I will setup the meeting spot. I am going to work with Mike/Gavron from Club Lexus to get the lexi family out, and whatever help I can get from here to get the CL/TL camp. I will even go to the 300z camp, Supra camps as well.

Represent as always...good place to get a huge group shot as well

http://home.speedfactory.net/ukyo/trackday/track.htm

About the Track Day

After you've determined how much horsepower and torque you're putting down, join us at the 1/4 mile and we'll see how you use it!

When is the Track Day?
On Sunday, April 27th, 2003. The gates will open at 10:00 AM. Racing will begin at 12:00 PM and will end at 5:00 PM.

Where is the Track Day taking place?
At Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds. You can find directions under the "Directions" link on the left side of the page. Also, you may visit their website at www.silverdollarraceway.com.

How big is this event going to be?
It's hard to determine that now, but it has grown significantly. Last year, we had 57 cars racing and more than 160 in attendance!

Who is invited to run at the track?
This Track Day is intended to be more of a "High End Import Showdown." However, any car is allowed to participate, import or domestic, turbocharged or naturally aspirated.

Why are you catering to imports?
Because that's what we drive and that's what we like. One reason we created this Track Day was so the imports could get more track time. If you go to a "Test and Tune" type of event, there are many more domestics than imports. We just wanted a more level playing field and to allow more time for "us." However, domestics may attend. It's nice to stir things up a little sometimes. In the past years, we've all gotten along wonderfully and let's continue to do so.

How much will to cost to race my car?
The gate fee is $10. Everyone, including drivers and spectators, must pay this to get in. To race, you will need a Tech Card. Tech Cards will be $15 if paid in advance. Otherwise, you may purchase your Tech Card on the day of the event, but be warned - the price is subject to increase on the day of the event.

How many runs can I get in?
As many as you want. We've had people in past years get in 20 runs! If you've ever gone to a "Test and Tune" event, you will usually only get in 3 or 4 runs. So, this is well worth the trip for all that track time!

Are there any track rules I should be aware of?
Yes! And not being prepared for them can ruin your fun, so be aware of them.
1. Any driver faster than 14 seconds must wear a helmet.
2. Any car faster than 14 seconds must only have one occupant.
3. Anyone going down the track (this includes drivers AND passengers) must wear full pants (no shorts) and must have sleeves (short sleeves are fine, but no tank tops).
4. The speed limit in the pits is 25 MPH.
5. Cars faster than 12 seconds have additional restrictions. See Silver Dollar's website www.silverdollarraceway.com, for more information.
Violating any of these rules will get you thrown out by the track management!

Will there be any elimination races?
We'll be having a Quick 8 Elimination toward the end of the day with a purse for those that place in the top four. There are no plans for a bracket race at this time.

How much money is in the purse?
It all depends. One factor is how many people show up. Their gate fee will go toward the purse. The other factor is how many sponsors we get. The purse will be announced prior to the start of the race.

I'm not competitive. I just want to see what my car can do.
That's fine! That's why we're going! It's just a day to run for fun. Most of the day will be spent simply making runs for timeslips. We will only have one "official" race and it will be at the end of the day. Mostly, we spend the time just chilling out, checking out cars, and getting to know one another.

Why should I prepay?
As with everything, the track costs money. Since we're renting the track, it costs US money. When you prepay, you're simply buying your Tech Card in advance and guaranteeing that you'll be there. Since we're responsible for the fee, we request that you prepay to give us better peace of mind. We're racers on a budget, so if we do not receive enough money in advance to feel comfortable, we may be forced to cancel the Track Day. Besides, it's only $15! If you decide you want to prepay (and we hope you do), click on the "Register to Come" link on the left. Presales will end on Wednesday, April 23, 2003.

If the Track Day is cancelled, will I get my money back?
If the weather is bad or there is not enough interest (this is highly doubtful), and the event is cancelled, we will return your money, 100%.

Are spectators welcome?
Always. Don't forget your cameras! Oh yeah, bring extra batteries, too!