Acurazine MEGA Meet

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007 | 08:23 PM
Racer

Acurazine MEGA Meet

I was thinking this weekend while I was installing my 07 TL-S Tails, has there ever been an Acurazine "MEGA Meet?"

I know a lot of states and cities have pretty good turnouts on their own, but has anyone ever tried putting together a meet where anyone from anywhere in the country was welcome? I guess the other question is, would there be an interest in this?

I think it would be pretty cool to get together with people from other areas and see what they have done to their cars. What do you guys think?
Old 05-25-2007 | 10:50 PM
Senior Moderator

its been talked before. but most people don't want to make a huge drive for it. one place came in mine was Las Vegas.
Old 05-26-2007 | 12:10 PM
この道は毛むくじゃらのマンコだらけ..

I think it would be too hard to arrange a Mega Acura meet... You have to put in so much effort, and see what everyone wants to do. I think arranging the hotels is one of the harder parts of it all.

There's so many Acura's out there too. That might be a problem, trafficwise.
Old 05-26-2007 | 09:54 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by onebadna1nsx
I think it would be too hard to arrange a Mega Acura meet... You have to put in so much effort, and see what everyone wants to do. I think arranging the hotels is one of the harder parts of it all.

There's so many Acura's out there too. That might be a problem, trafficwise.

In my mind I would say here is the place, this is the plan if you can make it that's great and if not enjoy the pics that we'll post. I wouldn't try and arrange hotels and block off rooms or anything, because there would probably end up being a ton of people that would say they'll come and not show. I would only find a place to host and plan a few judging competitions and events.....who knows, maybe some races if we could pull it off.

If there were to be a MEGA Meet, I would try and plan it for somewhere in the middle of the country....Chicago maybe. That way it would be the rough midpoint for anyone coming for the east or west coast, with the exception of anybody from Hawaii.

Yeah, I know there a ton of Acura's out there, but I think it would be interesting to see whatever people have, whether it's a hopped up Integra or a bone stock MDX or something. I wouldn't want to say this is only for TL's.....it would be for any Acura owner, irregardless of model or year.

Keep in mind, this is just a thought and I wanted to see what everyone thought, before trying to set something up.
Old 05-26-2007 | 09:54 PM
JDM Laser Fogs!

Im in, Vegas is good for me.
Old 05-26-2007 | 10:31 PM
Drifting

I think a more central area would be St Louis. Chicago has a hell of a traffic problem- it took me 1-1/2 hours to get out of downtown Chicago from the Chicago meet. I think this topic is one that Trancemission and Silver Bullet and I have talked about, probably next year, just because of the logistics involved.
Old 05-26-2007 | 10:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by brownie
Old 05-27-2007 | 10:02 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by dragonlord
I think a more central area would be St Louis. Chicago has a hell of a traffic problem- it took me 1-1/2 hours to get out of downtown Chicago from the Chicago meet. I think this topic is one that Trancemission and Silver Bullet and I have talked about, probably next year, just because of the logistics involved.
Good point. I didn't think about some of the traffic issues in Chicago. St. Louis wouldn't be a bad spot though, because it's still really central. If you (dragonlord), Trancemission and Silver Bullet are going to plan it, let me know and I'd be willing to do what I can to help out.
Old 05-31-2007 | 12:10 AM
I've been Canonized ;)

Originally Posted by 05TLRIDER
In my mind I would say here is the place, this is the plan if you can make it that's great and if not enjoy the pics that we'll post. I wouldn't try and arrange hotels and block off rooms or anything, because there would probably end up being a ton of people that would say they'll come and not show. I would only find a place to host and plan a few judging competitions and events.....who knows, maybe some races if we could pull it off.

If there were to be a MEGA Meet, I would try and plan it for somewhere in the middle of the country....Chicago maybe. That way it would be the rough midpoint for anyone coming for the east or west coast, with the exception of anybody from Hawaii.

Yeah, I know there a ton of Acura's out there, but I think it would be interesting to see whatever people have, whether it's a hopped up Integra or a bone stock MDX or something. I wouldn't want to say this is only for TL's.....it would be for any Acura owner, irregardless of model or year.

Keep in mind, this is just a thought and I wanted to see what everyone thought, before trying to set something up.

ok....when did Chicago become the middle? Close to you maybe, but not one would cosider a middle point of the nation. Chicago is a great place, just not geographically the middle
Old 06-01-2007 | 08:47 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by LKLD
ok....when did Chicago become the middle? Close to you maybe, but not one would cosider a middle point of the nation. Chicago is a great place, just not geographically the middle

I know it's not the middle...I just think it would be a cool place to meet up, because there is definitely a ton to do there and plenty of available photo opportunities. It is close to me, but it's still a 7 hour drive (roughly). Besides, I think there is a good acura community there, and they might be able to help out, with planning....It's always better to have a local presence when planning things, at least that's what I think.
Old 06-01-2007 | 08:53 AM
Missing My CL-S

ya it's been talked about, but it would be a lot of planning/work:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ght=vegas+meet
Old 06-02-2007 | 11:58 AM
Racer

I guess it would be pretty difficult to get people to commit too. If there wasn't interest before, and nobody pursued, then I don't think now would be any different.
Old 06-03-2007 | 11:29 PM
8AT > 6MT

Originally Posted by brownie
how is vegas good for you? you can't gamble or drink! but i guess you CAN go to the titty bar
Old 06-04-2007 | 08:39 AM
Suzuka Master

i'm definitely down for either Chicago or St. Louis

we have about 10 AZers in STL, several in KC and a bunch in Illinois and the midwest in general, so i think we would have a decent turnout

Last edited by paz840; 06-04-2007 at 08:42 AM.