11/19/05 AcuraZine SoCal Meet

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 06:03 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!
Old 11-14-2005, 06:16 PM
ediddy

Originally Posted by recycledpaper
scratch me off the list... no time

no time? wtf you had how many weeks advance notice?
Old 11-14-2005, 06:16 PM
ediddy

Originally Posted by hybridnrg
ok so kenny, eddie, and george <~~~~ all of them are meet-post-whores!

Thats the king of post whores
Old 11-14-2005, 06:29 PM
Turbo + Sound = Hey-pee

George is the big bastard... just finished raising my car up though. 3 finger gaps all around... I'm gonna look retarded at the meet...
Old 11-14-2005, 07:51 PM
2600lb CL

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts
i hope my friends take me to this meet, lol...
Old 11-14-2005, 08:23 PM
Instructor

I might stop by for a little bit, just to say hi and look at the card
Old 11-14-2005, 08:33 PM
2600lb CL

hybrid, you never answer my calls when I go out to gmr!
Old 11-14-2005, 09:05 PM
...is now Carbon Fiber'd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Cocoa
hybrid, you never answer my calls when I go out to gmr!

huh...whens the last time you called? lol but dude i am not going out that late...but just bring the stuff to the meet! remember this time! i will call and remind you.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:13 PM
2600lb CL

come on...come out.....i just wanna play...lol...
Old 11-14-2005, 10:13 PM
2600lb CL

you too recycledpaper....i callde you before and left you messeges....lol.....come out damnit!
Old 11-15-2005, 12:11 AM
Banned

^ yes i know.. haha.. just that GMR is so damn far as opposed to turnbull. ill see if i can make it down there a few times before i go with u so i can get familiar with the road
Old 11-15-2005, 02:25 AM
i

so this meet is officially at Fuddruckers in Pasadena? i thought they closed that fuddruckers
Old 11-15-2005, 02:49 AM
Banned

^ it is closed... but they're still going hehe

and regarding that "soon to be at UCI" ... how so? i'm at UCI right now !
Old 11-15-2005, 08:00 AM
...is now Carbon Fiber'd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by moahdriven
so this meet is officially at Fuddruckers in Pasadena? i thought they closed that fuddruckers

yeah..too bad they are close they have good food, but the parking lot is good for what we need...there are plenty of places to eat around there.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:04 PM
2600lb CL

hey we are gonna come! But my friends and I decided we're going to lead everyone to GMR afterwards rather than going to Angels Crest again. It's about the same distance but going the opposite way. There's a great turnout we know to take pics.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:51 PM
woooo!!

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Cocoa
hey we are gonna come! But my friends and I decided we're going to lead everyone to GMR afterwards rather than going to Angels Crest again. It's about the same distance but going the opposite way. There's a great turnout we know to take pics.
sounds g00d to me!
Old 11-15-2005, 02:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ediddy
hey wassup mr. self employed millionare how can i be down with you? anyways the guys name is darin at west end alignment in gardena.....he is off verrmont and near 182nd...also his bay is in the back so its next to a autobody shop........so when you make a left off vermont coming off 91 west freeway he will be on your left hand side before 182nd street....if you have pass 182 nd street then you passed it......I dont know his number but I am sure you can search it with the info given....remember he is usually booked up in advance so call him and make an appointment....good luck .....you can talk to jon martin first if you are now sure of anything 310-539-3636 Southbay Acura...

=)
alright man.. just called darin up and its looking to be 300-350ish to get my camber kits installed, aligned, and my car corner balanced.. sounds pretty good !

do you know if he charges extra to drop the car more? if so... ill be looking to drop it myself hehe
Old 11-15-2005, 04:22 PM
Turbo + Sound = Hey-pee

alright man.. just called darin up and its looking to be 300-350ish to get my camber kits installed, aligned, and my car corner balanced.. sounds pretty good !

do you know if he charges extra to drop the car more? if so... ill be looking to drop it myself hehe
Good shit George, wish we'd be able to see it at the meet though. I wonder if he can fix my camber kit problem.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:21 PM
ediddy

Dont slam your car! remember the lower you go the more you will break faster........you should ask darin how low you can go before you start comprimising the car.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:47 PM
Banned

Dont slam your car! remember the lower you go the more you will break faster........you should ask darin how low you can go before you start comprimising the car.
what do you mean it'll break faster? do you mean control arms? or... the car in general? i thought lowering it to the lowest point is ideal for turning etc? imma noob when it comes to this stuff.. actually im still pretty noob with cars in general haha so please enlighten me
Old 11-15-2005, 08:24 PM
Im No Superman

hope i can make it to the meet. i might be visiting again @ uci and if i cant get up sat morning, its over :/
Old 11-15-2005, 10:23 PM
ediddy

Talking

what do you mean it'll break faster? do you mean control arms? or... the car in general? i thought lowering it to the lowest point is ideal for turning etc? imma noob when it comes to this stuff.. actually im still pretty noob with cars in general haha so please enlighten me

ok first of all are you running on coilovers or shocks and springs? the lowest point is only ideal if your car is a track car only driven on smooth pavement......haven't you noticed all those slammed race cars are on smooth tracks?....plus their whole suspension is custom and made for that height......even in my car it is not slammed to the ground.....it is lowered as low as it can go before it wil start costing me a lot of money in repairs if I decide to go lower......Just to give you a quick set up on my car......I have JIC coilovers flt02's, type r braces, and rear strut bar..... http://www.jic-magic.com/productsjic_susp_flta2.htm

and I was informed there is a limit of how low you can go on street use......same with your car or any car.....when you get your car done by darin ask him how low you can go for daily driving before you start compromising things........plus you dont want to worry about scraping, speedbumps etc......

For your car..... coilovers, mild sway bar, front upper strut bar, cross drilled rotors, steel braided brake lines, some good pads and everything corner weighted, aligned and balanced to your weight and you should be good to go..once you start adding too much suspension then it will be overkill to your daily driveability.... ie too much road sensitivity, faster tire wear, and very stiff ride....this is adding stuff like compliance pivot clamps, non compliance suspension beams, non compliance toe links, stiffer bushings etc .....

so there will be a trade off once you start going over the limit on add ons..............remember also the bigger you go with rims the more performance you will lose after a certian point....I do not know what the breaking point on CL's are but for TL'S going over 18s then it will just be for looks and little to no perfomance but you will have the looks....if you want some bad ass tires for performance then you need to look up the hoosier tires but they don't last long like regular tires ( i am talking about the track tires, road racing, drag racing)

https://www.hoosiertire.com/rrtire.htm ) ..... they have street tires too.....so remember since your car is a daily driver don't over do it with mods and slamming the car to the ground!.........unless you are made of money then I would say go ahead and add anything and everything because then when something breaks you can always fix it.......trust me i know, I wish someone could have told me the do's and do not's when I had my prelude ..........

I am fortunate to have someone like Jon Martin to help consult me since he has tried everything on the car and gave me good feedback from his point of view from testing the products on dyno and track use......... for example I went with JIC's over Teins due to Teins being too stiff for everyday street use and they made noise when I had them on my prelude...but don't get me wrong Tein's are very good suspension just not for everyday in my opinion and thats just my opinion...other people will swear Tein's may ride smooth to them and maybe it does for their car..........

For me the JIC's ride pretty comfortable even on bumpy roads.......so my suggestions depending on your wheel size is keep it as high has possible before it looks too gappy.....I think one or two finger gap is good........thats how my car is i think its like 2 finger gap all around...but maybe you can get away with your car being tucked and have no suspension problems .....but good luck on whatever you do.....remember it is your car so you will have to be happy with it...so if you want to slam the car to ground and scrap go for it! ..

but remember be careful before you start modding anything....do your research carefully.....and talk to the experts like Jon Martin. for anything about cars and Darin for anything about dialing in suspension.........see yah!

3 g TL
Old 11-15-2005, 10:46 PM
ediddy

oh by the way what did everyone have for dinner tonite? I had el pollo loco
Old 11-15-2005, 11:04 PM
Banned

wow that is some GOOD information... and yes i do plan on keeping the CL as a daily driver but wanted some oomph on it if i ever feel the need for some spirited driving... i guess my 1-finger gap will do fine then

i guess all i gotta do now is get my camber kits in and have everything aligned and tuned asap thanks for the info man!
Old 11-15-2005, 11:05 PM
Banned

and i ate at mesa commons... UCI food hehe. i had corn dogs, pasta, curry chicken, cauliflower, jello, and chocolate ice cream

hehehe
Old 11-16-2005, 12:01 AM
Turbo + Sound = Hey-pee

I'm about to start preparing for the meet on Saturday. About to wax and drop my car down to 2 finger gaps instead of this SUV status 3 finger gaps. Then it's off to sleep. Thanks for the info Eddie and i ate Souplantation for dinner, sat there for 3 hours studying and eating, fucking full.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:02 AM
ediddy

and i ate at mesa commons... UCI food hehe. i had corn dogs, pasta, curry chicken, cauliflower, jello, and chocolate ice cream

hehehe

you lucky bastard! man i think i am going to have to go back to school
Old 11-16-2005, 12:05 AM
ediddy

Originally Posted by kensukikatayo
I'm about to start preparing for the meet on Saturday. About to wax and drop my car down to 2 finger gaps instead of this SUV status 3 finger gaps. Then it's off to sleep. Thanks for the info Eddie and i ate Souplantation for dinner, sat there for 3 hours studying and eating, fucking full.

Now you ate healty...good boy....my dad loves that place....... remember guys you dont have to slam a car to make it look good. See you guys at the meet.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:06 AM
woooo!!

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs up

ok first of all are you running on coilovers or shocks and springs? the lowest point is only ideal if your car is a track car only driven on smooth pavement......haven't you noticed all those slammed race cars are on smooth tracks?....plus their whole suspension is custom and made for that height......even in my car it is not slammed to the ground.....it is lowered as low as it can go before it wil start costing me a lot of money in repairs if I decide to go lower......Just to give you a quick set up on my car......I have JIC coilovers flt02's, type r braces, and rear strut bar..... http://www.jic-magic.com/productsjic_susp_flta2.htm

and I was informed there is a limit of how low you can go on street use......same with your car or any car.....when you get your car done by darin ask him how low you can go for daily driving before you start compromising things........plus you dont want to worry about scraping, speedbumps etc......

For your car..... coilovers, mild sway bar, front upper strut bar, cross drilled rotors, steel braided brake lines, some good pads and everything corner weighted, aligned and balanced to your weight and you should be good to go..once you start adding too much suspension then it will be overkill to your daily driveability.... ie too much road sensitivity, faster tire wear, and very stiff ride....this is adding stuff like compliance pivot clamps, non compliance suspension beams, non compliance toe links, stiffer bushings etc .....

so there will be a trade off once you start going over the limit on add ons..............remember also the bigger you go with rims the more performance you will lose after a certian point....I do not know what the breaking point on CL's are but for TL'S going over 18s then it will just be for looks and little to no perfomance but you will have the looks....if you want some bad ass tires for performance then you need to look up the hoosier tires but they don't last long like regular tires ( i am talking about the track tires, road racing, drag racing)

https://www.hoosiertire.com/rrtire.htm ) ..... they have street tires too.....so remember since your car is a daily driver don't over do it with mods and slamming the car to the ground!.........unless you are made of money then I would say go ahead and add anything and everything because then when something breaks you can always fix it.......trust me i know, I wish someone could have told me the do's and do not's when I had my prelude ..........

I am fortunate to have someone like Jon Martin to help consult me since he has tried everything on the car and gave me good feedback from his point of view from testing the products on dyno and track use......... for example I went with JIC's over Teins due to Teins being too stiff for everyday street use and they made noise when I had them on my prelude...but don't get me wrong Tein's are very good suspension just not for everyday in my opinion and thats just my opinion...other people will swear Tein's may ride smooth to them and maybe it does for their car..........

For me the JIC's ride pretty comfortable even on bumpy roads.......so my suggestions depending on your wheel size is keep it as high has possible before it looks too gappy.....I think one or two finger gap is good........thats how my car is i think its like 2 finger gap all around...but maybe you can get away with your car being tucked and have no suspension problems .....but good luck on whatever you do.....remember it is your car so you will have to be happy with it...so if you want to slam the car to ground and scrap go for it! ..

but remember be careful before you start modding anything....do your research carefully.....and talk to the experts like Jon Martin. for anything about cars and Darin for anything about dialing in suspension.........see yah!

3 g TL
this is why i love eddie... he'll go above & beyond to help a brotha out!!
Old 11-16-2005, 12:37 AM
ediddy

Originally Posted by subtledreamer
this is why i love eddie... he'll go above & beyond to help a brotha out!!

anytime man.....if i can help you guys out by saving you guys from wasting your time and money on bs stuff then i will.........I am no expert by any means but I can share with you from all the wasted money and time I have spent on products........dont believe everything you read from the magazines either remember they get paid by the sponsors to write nice articles or sometimes the writers have a interest in a certain product so they write about it to make you buy that product......i know some many people who had their cars featured in turbo, superstreet, etc etc and what your read isn't necessarily the truth or all the truth but they do what it takes to sell you..........for example reading an article of " Daily driven 10 sec quarter mile car" yeah right....what they don't tell you is how many motors that guy has to go through in order to be daily driven...........or driven maybe 5 miles a day....that is daily driven.....or "700hp daily driven supra!" yeah with the boost turned down to 1-5 psi.... but you guys get my drift.........remember if you guys have questions ask the experts like jon martin from southbay acura....don't believe all the hype from magazines and ricers who think they know............and even some so called experts are full of crap too so watch out...........i have dealt with so many so called experts and got screwed over so i was the guinea pig when i was young like you guys......ok im out lates!

damn post whores!
Old 11-16-2005, 01:15 AM
Oh Noes!

oh by the way what did everyone have for dinner tonite? I had el pollo loco

POST WHORE hahahahaha soo random =P btw i had alertos - carne asada nachos and a piece of tiramisu cheesecake from the cheesecake factory!
Old 11-16-2005, 01:21 AM
ediddy

Originally Posted by Anfurnys Type-S
POST WHORE hahahahaha soo random =P btw i had alertos - carne asada nachos and a piece of tiramisu cheesecake from the cheesecake factory!

you bastard! mmmmm carne asada mmmmm cheeesssecake :killer:
Old 11-16-2005, 02:47 AM
i

Originally Posted by hybridnrg
yeah..too bad they are close they have good food, but the parking lot is good for what we need...there are plenty of places to eat around there.
yea i havent updated that...im in ME, hobbiton
Old 11-16-2005, 05:21 AM
shift@8k

Originally Posted by kensukikatayo
Front driver's side camber kit's bolt is hitting the top of my wheel well and making a dent when I hit bumps and dips that aren't even that big. Passenger's side is fine cause it doesn't have the camber kit so there's no extra inch of bolt. Weird... It shouldn't do that in the first place even with a camber kit. Not exactly sure what's going on. Maybe I'm too low but I have a little more than a finger gap in the front. I'll see what Jon has to say tomorrow.
i'm guessing you have the spc ball joint front camber kits right? and probably tein ss coilovers. The probably with the ball joint front camber kit is that it actually reduces the amount of suspension travel you have. If you compare it with the stock ball joint, you'll notice that its larger. Too much compression of the springs would result in the top of the ball joint hitting your inner wheel well. Its not a bad design on the ball joint, but because of the tein ss's softer spring rates (designed for the accord v6...weighs less in the front), the front two components are not designed to handle the extra weight which causes the spring to compress more than it would on the accord and thus, result in your ball joint hitting the wheel well. Do a search, a couple of members have had this problem including myself. What I did when I had my teins was increase the shock dampening to around 1-2 and keep the ride height around 1.5-2 finger gap. Also, adjust your front driver side to sit higher than the passenger side to make up for the extra weight difference when you're in the car. hope this helps
Old 11-16-2005, 05:21 AM
shift@8k

Originally Posted by moahdriven
yea i havent updated that...im in ME, hobbiton
and damn...i miss the food at pippins. ENJOY THE COMMONS WHILE U CAN!!!!!! lol
Old 11-16-2005, 05:36 AM
Turbo + Sound = Hey-pee

I only have the Basics so I can't adjust damping, should I just sit at stock height?
Old 11-16-2005, 07:23 AM
shift@8k

stupid midterm keeping me up all night...anyways you bought the coilovers for a reason so def don't sit at stock height. i'd say a good height would be around 2 finger gap all over. if you drop it too much, you decrease the amount of suspension travel you have so i'd say 2 finger gap is a fair amount. down the line a good thing to do if you stick with the teins is to upgrade front and rear springs to stiffer springs. the ones currently on the car should be 7kgfront/4kgrear. tein recommends not to go above 2kg front/rear without revalving the shocks so 9kg/6kg. this would definitely help the problem a lot. hope this helps
Old 11-16-2005, 12:21 PM
i

hey u guys from UCI wanna meet up somewhere around 12 and then drive up to fuddruckers?
Old 11-16-2005, 12:31 PM
Got Ramen?

how many of you guys go to UCI? I just graduated from there this past April. I've been known to pop my head on campus occasionally as i live and work here in Irvine...
Old 11-16-2005, 12:32 PM
Banned

^ i wish i could go to the meet... i'm just chilling at UCI righ tnow, fucking missed my bio discussion!Q!!!

DAMN YOU KENNY WE CHILLED TILL 2AM LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!

*sigh*

lol

Quick Reply: 11/19/05 AcuraZine SoCal Meet