ZDX Rear Parking Sensors

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 09:59 PM
ADVANCE DRIVER

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
ZDX Rear Parking Sensors

Has anyone installed the rear parking sensors on their ZDX? Of course for models 10-12 as the 13 has them standard. I am more than likely getting mine for Christmas as it will be the last accessory able to add to my Z as I have everything else.

I'm wondering though, when they're installed, on the interior left side dash panel where the CMBS/BSI/HATCH and etc buttons are, I have two "blank" spots at the bottom...do they install a button for the parking sensors? Wondering if anyone has done this, and maybe has pictures of the upgraded bumper with the sensors and the button pad inside.
The following users liked this post:
Tlclast (07-02-2021)
Old 09-25-2014, 01:37 AM
Pro

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts
I have aftermarket sensors by Cobra (front and rear)
Only sound notification from a small hidden speaker that comes in the set
Old 09-25-2014, 04:30 AM
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SpenceTLMonster
Has anyone installed the rear parking sensors on their ZDX? Of course for models 10-12 as the 13 has them standard. I am more than likely getting mine for Christmas as it will be the last accessory able to add to my Z as I have everything else.

I'm wondering though, when they're installed, on the interior left side dash panel where the CMBS/BSI/HATCH and etc buttons are, I have two "blank" spots at the bottom...do they install a button for the parking sensors? Wondering if anyone has done this, and maybe has pictures of the upgraded bumper with the sensors and the button pad inside.
The original parking sensors installed on my ZDX'10.
Parktronic has only audible indication.
Parking sensors are activated by switching on the reverse gear.
Off button is located in the trunk (the right niche)
Button pad remains unchanged
Attached Files
Old 09-25-2014, 10:30 PM
ADVANCE DRIVER

Originally Posted by Martein
The original parking sensors installed on my ZDX'10.
Parktronic has only audible indication.
Parking sensors are activated by switching on the reverse gear.
Off button is located in the trunk (the right niche)
Button pad remains unchanged
Good GOD they tear the effin car UP to installs those! Really?! Take the damn back seats out? A bit much...I plan to buy genuine OEM from a Acura dealer I don't do aftermarket. But glad someone has OEM as well. So no button. Interesting. Wonder why the 13 models have a toggle button on the front pad. And a button in the back? Awkward what does that look like?
Old 09-26-2014, 05:58 AM
Alpha Geek

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
I'd give you mine if I wouldn't have bumpers full of holes...turned it off as soon as I could.
SpenceTLMonster (09-26-2014)
Old 09-26-2014, 08:04 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,510 Likes on 1,178 Posts
The concept of rear sensors sound good; but, not as helpful compared to using the rear view camera. I can see how front sensors would help if you have a tight parking spot and you want to keep the rear from hanging out. I added rear sensors to my MDX and it is more of a fancy looking luxury accessory compared to being useful. I would go for the front sensors, if you have a need for them in daily parking
SpenceTLMonster (09-26-2014)
Old 09-26-2014, 11:32 PM
ADVANCE DRIVER

Originally Posted by mrgold35
The concept of rear sensors sound good; but, not as helpful compared to using the rear view camera. I can see how front sensors would help if you have a tight parking spot and you want to keep the rear from hanging out. I added rear sensors to my MDX and it is more of a fancy looking luxury accessory compared to being useful. I would go for the front sensors, if you have a need for them in daily parking
See. Very much agree. I would rather have front sensors! The camera and the multi View does help but there's been a few times I would like the sensors to have that audible beep for more idea of how close I am to things. I have an insanely awkward and disjointed driveway/hill I back up regularly and at night I cannot see shit and have ran into the bushes a few times because didn't reLize I was that far over. Our other car is a bmw 3 series and the sensors have saved me backing or brushing up against several things. But front sensors would be amazing
Old 07-02-2021, 04:49 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I finally did it, without removing the seats and using a generic 16 $ system in amazon, I connect it to the "Control unit" without cutting a single cable, plug and play hehe, I'll upload the photos soon in a post
but thanks to your post I managed to understand everything, thank you