For Those with the Advance Package

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 01:48 PM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
For Those with the Advance Package

Does the IDS system really make a big driving difference? Do you love the suede like roof material? Is the Collision Mitigation Breaking System and Adaptive Cruise Control worthwhile features that you use often? As much as I love the added features of my 2013 (new grille, wood interior trim, power folding side mirrors, parking sensors, lane departure warning) I am still considering trading for a low mileage 2012 Advance within the next year. I really wish Acura would've offered an Advance Package for 2013 with the old and added features. That would've been the ultimate ZDX.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:22 PM
Pro

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts
Hehe what are you waiting for?
IDS is really two cars in one, sport mode feels much different, stiffer suspension and heavier steering wheel, rear rocks much less
CMBS is a must have, especially when you text while driving :P
As for adaptive cruise I used it a few times just for fun, we have some heavy traffic so its not too useful
Suede roof trip is really nice, although if it was black I wouldn't have replaced it with alcantara. But if you pick grey interior its a perfect match
Old 05-11-2014, 05:54 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree the IDS does give the car a different handling feel makes handling windy roads much better. I am in the minority on ACC I find it only useful once in awhile on a 2 lane road stuck behind a pack of cars that can't keep a constant speed. On 4 lane when traffic cuts in and out it constantly tries backing off the guy that just cut you off. Just my 2 cents. Could care less about CMBS. If it ever saves my butt I will amend the post.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:52 AM
Racer X

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree that the IDS truly changes the personality of the ZDX. The suspension is stiffer and the power steering is tighter in the sport mode. I drive usually in the sport mode and switch to comfort on the more bumpy roads or in a tight parking situation.

The CMBS has saved me from a wreck a few times. I have looked away for a second and the car in front of me has slammed on its brakes. The initial warning will sound. I have had the seatbelt tug a few times and have felt the car apply the brakes. It realy does work.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:05 PM
Alpha Geek

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Sandro
Hehe what are you waiting for?

CMBS is a must have, especially when you text while driving :P
Don't care if you are kidding or not....that's not funny....maybe if you had someone nearly killed by a distracted driver you wouldn't joke about it.

Back on topic....I have no use for CMBS or IDS...the 2013 IMO has the best features that Acura could have included...if only the folding mirrors had an "auto" setting. Currently you have to fold them by pushing a button, I would prefer a setting where they fold when car is shut off, unfold when started.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:09 PM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by lumpulus
Don't care if you are kidding or not....that's not funny....maybe if you had someone nearly killed by a distracted driver you wouldn't joke about it.

Back on topic....I have no use for CMBS or IDS...the 2013 IMO has the best features that Acura could have included...if only the folding mirrors had an "auto" setting. Currently you have to fold them by pushing a button, I would prefer a setting where they fold when car is shut off, unfold when started.
An "auto" setting on the folding mirrors would be a nice feature. Reading your response made me appreciate my 2013 even more. As much I would like CMBS and IDS, it makes me think of them as just a few more costly things to go wrong down the line and I plan on keeping my Z for many many years. The one thing I do wish Acura would've included on the 2013 from the Advance Package is the suede roof material, adds an even more luxurious touch. But just the refreshed grille and blacked out wheels on the 2013 makes the exterior look better to me.

Last edited by MisterZDX; 05-13-2014 at 06:12 PM.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:20 AM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
When I was shopping for mine, I eliminated the 2013 from the list because of the limited options. Had Acura made the 2013 with Advance trim, I would have bought it new.

I only use IDS occasionally. I prefer the comfort mode most of the time. ACC is one of my favorite features of the car. CMBS is my wife's favorite safety feature that I think is somewhat useful. Fortunately, I don't need it.

Then, there is that panoramic glass roof that look monolithic from outside!
Old 07-08-2014, 08:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts
Granted, I've had my ZDX for less than a month...

I don't use IDS often, but I enjoy it when I do use it. It really makes the ZDX feel not it isn't an SUV. I'm glad I haven't had to fully use CMBS, but I'm glad it's there. I still need to figure out ACC, though.