Notices

Deer hit my ZDX

 
Old 03-09-2019, 02:53 AM
  #1  
ZDX LOVER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: kansas city mo
Age: 58
Posts: 174
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Deer hit my ZDX

Watch out for deer ! Early Friday morning going to work

On my right deer collided into my front right passenger side
busted headlight , front fender , lower plastic and Iím sure once hood is up little more damage

Seeing my ZDX like this makes me anxious to rush the insurance process so itís perfdct again. Damm deer disappeared so fast afterwards like ď Yea I busted up your ride sucker , laterĒ

freakin hate deer now!! Are they blind ? Just run smack into your car 😡
kevin barbee is offline  
Old 03-09-2019, 03:19 AM
  #2  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast (But not for much longer)
Age: 22
Posts: 5,612
Received 335 Likes on 298 Posts
I know how you feel.... Lived out in the country for two years...


The deer ran into you, but if one ever runs out in fron of you again, point for the tail... Don't swerve like a maniac, just gently dart away, toward where the deer came from.


Saved me dozens of times.



They don't run bavkward, you know...
Midnight Mystery is offline  
Old 03-09-2019, 03:19 AM
  #3  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast (But not for much longer)
Age: 22
Posts: 5,612
Received 335 Likes on 298 Posts
Any pics of damage?
Midnight Mystery is offline  
Old 03-09-2019, 06:51 AM
  #4  
ZDX LOVER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: kansas city mo
Age: 58
Posts: 174
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts




Iím glad it didnít crash on side and bend up running board cause you canít buy them anymore. I may not drive it as much now , wait on adjuster to contact me then parts to come. We got a 2009 FX and wifeís 2017 Q60 so ZDX I will park for now. Guess itís headlight , fender , underneath front plastic shifted and under hood near light I bet shifted. I saw a deer head up against light for quick sec while swerving left toward other lane. So last night another deer ran out again ! Almost hit it
kevin barbee is offline  
Old 03-09-2019, 06:52 AM
  #5  
ZDX LOVER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: kansas city mo
Age: 58
Posts: 174
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I see deer hair!! I just remember I got a dash cam !! Well I never viewed nothing on it but I about to go get it and see if shows the impact , if I can figure out how to!!

Last edited by kevin barbee; 03-09-2019 at 07:02 AM.
kevin barbee is offline  
Old 03-09-2019, 07:55 AM
  #6  
Alpha Geek
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: [email protected]$$hole
Age: 59
Posts: 1,208
Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Hope the deer is ok....
lumpulus is offline  
Old 03-09-2019, 03:11 PM
  #7  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 75
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by lumpulus View Post
Hope the deer is ok....
Right, an endangered species, NOT! Never saw a deer in my life growing up in rural Illinois in the 50s/60s. After moving to Indiana, Iíve hit three in the last 20 yrs. One while doing 70 on a motorcycle (found out what it was like to fly like Superman). After awhile, you develop a subconscious peripheral Ďscaní mode while driving, especially at night when headlights reflect in their eyes (summer nights when the fireflies are active leave you a nervous wreck). The worst danger around here is when the corn is tall, since the fields arenít fenced. They travel in herds and leap into the road without warning, so swerving to miss the leader only insures you will hit the next in line (antilock brakes are a godsend). Any deer hunting restrictions should be dropped, and a bounty paid instead!
dynodan is offline  
Old 03-09-2019, 08:24 PM
  #8  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast (But not for much longer)
Age: 22
Posts: 5,612
Received 335 Likes on 298 Posts
Originally Posted by kevin barbee View Post
I see deer hair!! I just remember I got a dash cam !! Well I never viewed nothing on it but I about to go get it and see if shows the impact , if I can figure out how to!!
Glad to see the damage was relatively minor... Yeah, check out that dash cam video... That may be cool to see!

Originally Posted by dynodan View Post


Right, an endangered species, NOT! Never saw a deer in my life growing up in rural Illinois in the 50s/60s. After moving to Indiana, Iíve hit three in the last 20 yrs. One while doing 70 on a motorcycle (found out what it was like to fly like Superman). After awhile, you develop a subconscious peripheral Ďscaní mode while driving, especially at night when headlights reflect in their eyes (summer nights when the fireflies are active leave you a nervous wreck). The worst danger around here is when the corn is tall, since the fields arenít fenced. They travel in herds and leap into the road without warning, so swerving to miss the leader only insures you will hit the next in line (antilock brakes are a godsend). Any deer hunting restrictions should be dropped, and a bounty paid instead!
I lived in southwestern Mississippi and heard the same thing... I usually spot them pretty well ahead of time, but if you can't see, you can't see amd that sucks...


at flying like superman... I hope superman was ok!


Midnight Mystery is offline  
Old 03-09-2019, 10:06 PM
  #9  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 75
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
[QUOTE=Midnight Mystery
rofl: at flying like superman... I hope superman was ok![/QUOTE]

My HS football training kicked in. I tucked into a ball and rolled down the highway. Since I was wearing leathers & a full helmet (thoroughly trashed)....only some minor road-rash where leather got ground down to the skin.
dynodan is offline  
Old 03-10-2019, 12:20 AM
  #10  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast (But not for much longer)
Age: 22
Posts: 5,612
Received 335 Likes on 298 Posts
Originally Posted by dynodan View Post


My HS football training kicked in. I tucked into a ball and rolled down the highway. Since I was wearing leathers & a full helmet (thoroughly trashed)....only some minor road-rash where leather got ground down to the skin.

Ok... That's good! How was the bike?
Midnight Mystery is offline  
Old 03-10-2019, 05:19 AM
  #11  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 75
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Needed whole front end and gas tank replaced (nearly new 1200 Evo Sportster). Deer was deader than a doornail (guys at the Harley shop where I got repairs started calling me ‘Deerslayer’).
dynodan is offline  
Old 03-11-2019, 12:20 AM
  #12  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast (But not for much longer)
Age: 22
Posts: 5,612
Received 335 Likes on 298 Posts
Originally Posted by dynodan View Post
Needed whole front end and gas tank replaced (nearly new 1200 Evo Sportster). Deer was deader than a doornail (guys at the Harley shop where I got repairs started calling me ĎDeerslayerí).
If all else fails, that's a cool nickname!
Midnight Mystery is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
oo7spy
Car Talk
68
11-15-2011 12:13 PM
davzilla
First Generation CL Discussion (1997-1999)
12
11-02-2007 10:14 PM
optiq
Second Generation TL (1999-2003)
26
09-10-2004 04:08 PM
jimcol711
Ramblings
22
10-29-2003 03:14 PM
YuppieCL
Ramblings
13
02-21-2002 06:55 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Deer hit my ZDX


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.