Integra Integra & RSX Discussion

2005 Acura RSX(BASE) Vibrating/shaky

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 03:46 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Acura RSX(BASE) Vibrating/shaky

Hi there, new to the community. I'm hoping someone may be able to assist me in my problems. As the title suggests I am having a shaky/vibrating sensation when driving slowly or in reverse. I first noticed this was happening on cold days when put in reverse a few weeks ago. Now it seems to do it while in drive and just now I moved my car and while in park it seems to be idling high at around 1500-2000rpm. I also(at times) get a burning rubber smell. One more thing of mention is that my check engine light came on a while ago and was a p0325 Knock Sensor code, this light goes on and off on it's on sometimes staying off for weeks before the light comes on again. I recently took it to a mechanic who informed me that likely the engine mounts were damaged/broken. Based on the info I have given, does anyone have any info they could share with me to shed some light on what may be the problem? It is greatly appreciated!!
P0325

Read more at: http://www.obd-codes.com/p0325
Copyright © OBD-Codes.com
P0325
Old 01-21-2014, 11:49 PM
Acura Fanboy

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
If it is real cold, the shaking could be a result of the tire flat spots from being parked. This assumes it only happens the first time you drive it but goes away once you've driven for a while.

If motor mounts are bad, engine motion could cause the whole car to buck at slow speeds with a manual transmission. This would stop as soon as you push in the clutch.

More data is needed. Does it shake at low speeds while the clutch is engaged or while in neutral? Does it make a difference if you are turning or going straight? Does riding the brakes at slow speed affect the shaking?