General: Rant/Rave Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 03:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Rave: Long time friend is finally ready for his first wheel purchase and asked me to help him find a good price on some authentic wheels.

Rant: Forgot how slim pickings it is for the 4x100 guys. He's got a civic they are going on.

Rant 2: People are fucking shameless.

Lies to everyone claiming the wheels are worth more than they are. Someone calls him out and he responds like a degenerate telling the guy to complain to the manufacturer that lied to him. Meaning he doesnt care if he was sold fake wheels and is willing to do the same to someone else. What a joke.

I added my .2, he claimed I was policing his post, then deleted the ad.
The following users liked this post:
aomechmarine (09-15-2014)
Old 09-08-2014, 02:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 463 Likes on 197 Posts
I argue with people way too much on Facebook when it comes to cars in the TSX club page. But hey some people are just ignorant as fuck and need to be told off. So good job on your comment.

Rant: I had surgery today. Worse than they thought. But all is good. I'm home now but I have to piss every 5 minutes.

Rave: I feel nothing! The nerve block in my leg is great. I feel so good and that's without pills.

Ready for this recovery to kick up so I can get on with my life.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Timmy18
I argue with people way too much on Facebook when it comes to cars in the TSX club page. But hey some people are just ignorant as fuck and need to be told off. So good job on your comment.

Rant: I had surgery today. Worse than they thought. But all is good. I'm home now but I have to piss every 5 minutes.

Rave: I feel nothing! The nerve block in my leg is great. I feel so good and that's without pills.

Ready for this recovery to kick up so I can get on with my life.
I tend to be a little too argumentative myself so I try to cut back. LOL
But that is for locally sold wheels in the So Cal region and if he wants to call stopping people from scamming others that live near me than by all means Im acting like a busta. hahaha

Sorry to hear it's worse than you thought but glad you can be optimistic and that things look good.
Can you drive already??
Old 09-08-2014, 04:22 PM
Burning Brakes

No not yet. Still got a while but as soon as I can bare weight I'll start driving. I've already tested it out up ,y street and back and I'm able to slam on brakes without pain or getting the foot stuck. But mothers rules...

Right now I'm golden. Its been about 6 hours since surgery and I've been home for a while and I'm absolutely fine and that's all due to the nerve block which will at off. And then its a uphill battle with pain because I have high tolerance for all meds apparently.it took forever for them to put me under. They actually started getting mad lol. Oxy, hydro, nothing works...

But oh well I feel great right now.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:06 AM
Burning Brakes

Rant: holy fucking hell the foot and leg are no longer numb after 13 hours of painlessness and good god I can feel every screw and wire plush the pressure from the metal plate. Its a very tight and throbbing sensation but with needs and pulsating pain on the bottom and top of the foot. Almost in tears but it hurts too much to cry. Its like beyond crying pain. I'll deal with this for a few weeks. Fuuccckk.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Any better timmy?

This is just pathetic.
Rep company calling out other rep companies. Then telling consumers if they just spend a little more they would save money in the long run. That is hilarious because that is what Work Weds and Volk have been saying about companies like Vossen for years.

Bottom of the barrel companies getting a foot hold then talking smack about companies just as reputable. Pathetic business practice right there. Keep lowering the competition instead of raising the quality of your own product.

Last edited by usdmJON; 09-14-2014 at 07:13 PM.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:30 PM
Burning Brakes

I'm glad I like non stance and only OEM wheels, but if I ever decided to go with aftermarket, which would be something like this:

Than I'll come talk to you first! lol love it Ron.

And yes! I haven't taken a pill in 2 days now since there is no pain. I'm in a nice big robot boot, pretty comfortable over all. Sleeping sucks because my positions are limited and I have like a million pillows at the foot of my bed to keep my leg elevated. It gets really hot even with AC and a ceiling fan on blast. The swelling is still pretty bad but it doesn't hurt and when I poke around my foot it's sorta hard and still kinda numb/ odd feeling to the touch. That's because all the nerves are damaged. I'm still looking at a 7 month recovery before I can half as normal/ active as before. Super pissed about not being able to drive or run track for the semester. Maybe next semester? I'm going to go back to school tomorrow, see how that goes. None of my teachers have replied to my emails about sending me work so I guess I gotta go talk to them in person.

But yeah, no pain, I get around the house pretty quickly, I'm pretty independent. Mom hates it lol. Thanks for asking.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Yeah man. Well glad to hear the pain is gone. Sucks about the track. I see no upside to that. As for the car. Saving miles on the tranny and engine as well saving gas money. Good plus right there.

And I can definitely appreciate a good set of oem wheels. I'll be keeping mine. I almost upgraded to 19in g37 wheels. Those are nice... I think they were 19. Also the tl s waffles are great looking wheels. And hell don't get me started on the higher end oem wheels from porsche, mercedes, etc.

However I looove me some aftermarket multipiece wheels. Few monoblock designs tickle my fancy as well but I'm a sucker for both very functional wheels and aggressive set ups as well.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:21 AM
Burning Brakes

Which company makes most of the OEM wheels? Shouldn't that company be reputable?

Side note: I accidentally took 2 25MG Amitriptyline (sleeping pills) last night thinking it was my oxycodones... mom cleaned my room and moved the oxys to the kitchen for some reason. Anyway I take meds at night even if I'm not in a lot of pain just so I don't wake up in any or knock my foot in my sleep, well it was dark in my room and all I did was feel around for the pill bottle and take 2. I didn't know I did it till a few hours later when I went to use the bathroom I was pretty dizzy and the hallway kept getting longer.

Crazy me. I'm sure if I didn't have such a tolerance to med/ drugs then I would have been out cold all night (Which I was not). My fault for not looking at the pill bottle with my phone light.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:35 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
enkei makes most OEM wheels.

hang in there Timmy.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Timmy18
Which company makes most of the OEM wheels? Shouldn't that company be reputable?

Side note: I accidentally took 2 25MG Amitriptyline (sleeping pills) last night thinking it was my oxycodones... mom cleaned my room and moved the oxys to the kitchen for some reason. Anyway I take meds at night even if I'm not in a lot of pain just so I don't wake up in any or knock my foot in my sleep, well it was dark in my room and all I did was feel around for the pill bottle and take 2. I didn't know I did it till a few hours later when I went to use the bathroom I was pretty dizzy and the hallway kept getting longer.

Crazy me. I'm sure if I didn't have such a tolerance to med/ drugs then I would have been out cold all night (Which I was not). My fault for not looking at the pill bottle with my phone light.
haha sweeeet. I'll take 3.

And as Justin said, Enkei makes a large portion. As well BBS makes up for a few others that don't use Enkei.

Both reputable brands, BBS having stuff ranging from the stuff I go ape shit for, both their monoblock forged line and multipiece forged line have nice looking wheels. They also have cast wheels on the cheaper end but still reputable.

Enkei I believe... could be wrong, they don't make any multipiece wheels. But their monoblock cast designs are strong, reputable, and jwl/via certified. Same for BBS. May be TUV as well.

I suggest both Enkei and BBS to anyone over aftermarket reps.
OEM wheels > reps all day.
Some OEM wheels > or = some authentic multipiece.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:46 PM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Rant: Why do "some" civic drivers want to race a 150hp Acura with wife and kids in my car?

Never had people sizing me up in my Saab.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by aksilx
Rant: Why do "some" civic drivers want to race a 150hp Acura with wife and kids in my car?

Never had people sizing me up in my Saab.
CAUSE IT LOOKS SO FAST!!

Honestly it has to be the mind set that makes up a LOT of Honda drivers. As far back as I can remember I have heard people in Hondas as well as Acuras mention people always trying to race them even when they have Baby on Board signs.

Sadly, you can or shouldnt do as I do in that situation. Just flip the bird and dont even make eye contact. I hold the middle finger until they take off. I consider that real life rage quitting. hahaha

Worse is when guys in new Camaros, Challengers, and Mustangs trying to race a car that is obviously slower. Good job gramps.
aksilx (09-16-2014)
Old 09-18-2014, 01:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Rave: My buddy whom wasn't into modding his civic much asked me to help find him some real wheels. In the more than 5 years he has owned the car he has installed a new stereo, intake, and axleback. It's been on steelies forever so I was super happy he was ready for wheels and wanted my help.

Rant 2: Found some great cast wheels made by Work Wheels. Work JWings, polished lips, polished lug covers, black hex cap, silver/grey faces. Yes cast, but they were made back in the 90s before forged was popular and more less costly. But being from Work, with all stickers, all center caps similar to mine, just simple curb rashes and a few nicks on the faces. Nothing big and only 500$... THATS IT!!

Basically, brand new cast from rotiform going for 1,200, vossen, even more. CHEAP brand new cast wheels go for the price we were able to find these for. Owner took them off his Prelude, sold the Lude, bought a Lexus, and that was that.

Funny story... sort of rant: My buddy while checking over these wheels said to the guy "Yeah my buddy Jon has been telling me to skip past the whole reps stage and go straight to real wheels." The guy responds that the wheels on his car are BBS LM REPS and that he still gets compliments all the time. hahahaha ouch. Oh well. hahahaha

Cant wait to see these wheels mounted today... this is what they look like.

Straight out of the 90s!! Going on his 04 civic. His dont have the red or blue rings, they are polished on his. Just polish, silver, and black.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
DAMMMMNNN sick find dude. Great job finding some legit wheels. Not a fan of fake wheels BUT - I will say I think its ok/makes sense on an older car. That car is 10 yrs old now. Its like your grandma getting implants? WTF? Don't make sense. But I'd say a hot MILF could still benefit from the implants tho. So 10 yr old car = possible MILF. Gotta use your better judgement sometimes. Back to the car tho - wheels look sick. What size are the wheels? Is it a Civic coupe or the sedan? I had a coupe, I can give him GREAT advice on getting some cheap (price) parts that will change the look a LOT. I'd say (if he doesn't have them already) window visors, lip kit, rear trunk lip (duckbill style), fogs, type R grill. If you look around, it's really cheap, decent quality. Not joking, you could find most of that for under $500 total if you look really hard. But it won't be painted/installed.

Last edited by aomechmarine; 09-18-2014 at 06:01 PM. Reason: clarifying
Old 09-18-2014, 07:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by aomechmarine
I will say I think its ok/makes sense on an older car. That car is 10 yrs old now. Its like your grandma getting implants? WTF? Don't make sense.
No no no. It is not like putting implants on a grandma. It is like saying "Well grandma is old anyways so she doesnt need a real doctor, a vet will do."

MOST REPS ARE DANGEROUS. Bottom line nothing else about it.
Video from Weds explains and shows and example.

What size are the wheels? Is it a Civic coupe or the sedan? I had a coupe, I can give him GREAT advice on getting some cheap (price) parts that will change the look a LOT. I'd say (if he doesn't have them already) window visors, lip kit, rear trunk lip (duckbill style), fogs, type R grill. If you look around, it's really cheap, decent quality. Not joking, you could find most of that for under $500 total if you look really hard. But it won't be painted/installed.
Thanks for the advice. We've got a pretty good handle on it. I know my hondas. It's a 2004 (so no type r or si) sedan. Champagne almost gunmetal color. Had a front lip but it tore off and he lost it.
Doubt hell do a trunk spoiler as I doubt hell care to buy anything that needs painting.

He's just sort of making it look new again. He MAY go lower, MAY get another front lip. It's all up in the air for him though.

Wheels are 17x7 +35
Old 09-18-2014, 08:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Rave: Stitches are out, I'm allowed to move my foot to exercise it and I can finally wash it, yaaasssss. lol Also, I will be able to drive in about 4 weeks!

Little update!!!!
-I have 5 screws.
-4 K-wires.
-2 Broken Meta Tarsal bones.
-Major dislocation (obviously)
-1 metal plate.
Stitches were removed today (Day # 10 from surgery and day # 29 since injury) and wires will be pulled out in 4 weeks on 10/22/14.
Doc said my biggest issue are my soft, narrow bones. He had trouble getting the screws and wires to stay in without shattering the bone but he managed with patients and skill. I can now wash my foot without submerging it in water, no weight bearing of course, but he said I'll be able to limp around before I know it (4 months maybe??). No infections, the swelling was far less than we all expected.
He gave me a exercise band to start working my foot forward and backwards, he told me to wiggle my toes as much as I can and to take baby Aspirin daily to keep the blood from clotting.
Having stitches removed feels funny. Here are some more yummy pics

That muscle loss though!

Rant: Bitch at school is parking in my spot. Like ok I get that I can't drive right now but because you didn't pay the $30 like I did to have that spot, it's a little rude to park your shitty green Ford Focus where my pretty white Acura TSX should be. I found this out because my best friend that is taking me to school in the AM actually has a parking spot right next to me, and well, spot #42 is my spot yet Ms. Think she can park where ever is all up in it like she bought it.

I didn't say anything to her, I'm trying to decide if I'll let her get nice and comfortable in it, so that in a few weeks I'll go to school early and park in my spot and sit in my car and wait for her to get there and be dumb founded and can't park anywhere else and have her car towed or if I should write her a nice little note and leave it on her windshield wiper. Or get to school a little later than usual and call the office and complain that she's in my spot (That results in having your car towed and having school suspension for a week.) I'll see which was the wind blows... lol

(I'm SO sassy lol)

But really, I know I can't use it but it's disgusting how people are. I'm assuming she didn't buy a parking spot/ didn't turn her information in on time and didn't get one so one of her friends were like "Oh hey there is this one empty spot at school.." yeah people be like that these days....
Old 09-19-2014, 12:14 AM
Suzuka Master

AAAAHHHH ZOMBIE FOOT!! Probably smells like a zombie foot too if you haven't washed it all that time. hahaha

Glad you can move it now. Steps to recovery!

AOMech... here is a chop I did for my buddy. Just lowered it so he can see how much better it will look. This is all I have on my flickr. Like I said, I just lowered it, everything else is real... real dirty!! hahaha He got the wheels mounted and booked it to work, didnt have time to clean the car or even the grease off the wheels. haha

500$ for some authentic 17x7 Work JWings. Just a tad beat up but they look no worse than the rest of his car... and these things were made in the early 90s!!

He'll be going with H&R springs shortly. 200$ brand new and they'll lower the car a tad more than my ILX... 1.5-2in drop where as my ilx is advertised 1.5 exactly... i believe. Gotta replace the fender in picture and hood, then a paintless dent removal in a couple spots and it'll look GREAT.

Last edited by usdmJON; 09-19-2014 at 12:16 AM.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

Civic looks good. Theres a ton of options with that car. I agree with your quality assessment, but i still think good reps are ok on older cars. I would just make sure they are JWL and VIA certified. If they are not, then yes, they're probably dangerous. But I still think its more like grandma getting new tits if you spend too much on an older car... I think it's smarter/ better to spend that much on a newer car.
Old 09-19-2014, 04:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Civic looks good. Theres a ton of options with that car. I agree with your quality assessment, but i still think good reps are ok on older cars. I would just make sure they are JWL and VIA certified. If they are not, then yes, they're probably dangerous. But I still think its more like grandma getting new tits if you spend too much on an older car... I think it's smarter/ better to spend that much on a newer car.
Eh. Matters what older car.

If thats a grandmas with a boob job then show me to the nearest nursing home!!
hahaha

As long as it is JWL VIA cert then I wont hate on them... unless they have something on them fake, like bolts, stickers, caps, etc.

And he would agree on spending money on an old car. Hence why he only spend 500 for them. Cheaper than new reps.
I on the other hand dont agree. Mod what you've got is what I say.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Yeah definitely depends on the car. Nah, thats definitely more of a hot MILF car, not a grandma yet... Although I would like to see it in a dark color.... And that car is definitely channeling some bosozuka style energy, which is old school for sure.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Yeah definitely depends on the car. Nah, thats definitely more of a hot MILF car, not a grandma yet... Although I would like to see it in a dark color.... And that car is definitely channeling some bosozuka style energy, which is old school for sure.
lol get out of here with how you describe things.
It's not a grandma car, it's not a milf car. It's just a car. lol

Putting nice parts on a old car is not like putting a boob job on a mom or grandma. If that is how you look at it then you arent a car enthusiast, you're a new car enthusiast. I love old cars as much as new cars. If I could drive a 01 Celsior that drove like a brand new car or a 1994 integra that drove like it was just made then fuck the ILX Id trade this shit in a heart beat. Only reason I sold my 1994 integra was because I was tired of maintenance bills when I wasnt ready for them.

As for Bosozoku, I cant agree there either.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Timmy....MAN that was a bad injury!! Glad to see you are on your way to recovery!

RAVE: Acurazine got the sub sections that everyone wanted.

RANT: No one is posting in the sub sections that everyone wanted.

Old 09-21-2014, 11:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by weather
Timmy....MAN that was a bad injury!! Glad to see you are on your way to recovery!

RAVE: Acurazine got the sub sections that everyone wanted.

RANT: No one is posting in the sub sections that everyone wanted.

LOL Thats what I said.
I attempted to get it started. Sadly we should have started with them because now everyone just posts in the main section and disregards that area. We need a mod to start cleaning up the main section but no mods care to frequent this area.

Timmy already voted me in as mod as long as I get a cool siren hat that goe s WEEE WOOO WEEE WOOO.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^^ (LMAO) Well, I can lend you the "hand cuffs" that my g/f uses on me all the time... WEEE WOOO WEEE WOOO
Old 09-22-2014, 10:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

I guess you're semi-right. I just don't think it's worth putting money into something unless it's worth it. I would rather drive a stock newer car that I can slowly customize, instead of an older car that isn't worth much. Like putting $3000 wheels, sound system, or turbo, on a $3000 car? WTH? That really just doesn't make sense to me... Now if you are talking classic, rare, cult following, or well built, well maintained car with low miles and a lot of life left in it, thats different. I personally wouldn't drive anything older then 2001, unless it was American muscle, classic JDM, or classic Euro. Not because I'm a snob, but because I live in SoCal and i don't want to deal with auto theft/vandalism problems. Honestly, I would even avoid certain cars past 2001 like RSX's and IS300's even tho I really like both cars. They both have expensive insurance because (among other reasons) they get stolen/ broken into alot. I go to a lot of concerts/ events, I hate parking in a generic sketchy ass parking lot as it is. I've had a lot of buddies get their cars broken into at spots like that. It's generally smash and grab. Now I feel like they wouldn't target my car as much.
Old 09-27-2014, 06:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by usdmJON

This is just pathetic.
Rep company calling out other rep companies. Then telling consumers if they just spend a little more they would save money in the long run. That is hilarious because that is what Work Weds and Volk have been saying about companies like Vossen for years.

Bottom of the barrel companies getting a foot hold then talking smack about companies just as reputable. Pathetic business practice right there. Keep lowering the competition instead of raising the quality of your own product.
Rant AND Rave.
Spoke with Mike from Vossen today via IG... more like talked shit and he did a good job remaining professional while giving me info no Vossen owner has been privy to apparently.

I asked if they were VIA or JWL cert. Was told they have their own certifications... of course, and that they will be approved for TUV soon. TUV will be very good for Vossen as, if I remember correctly, its the euro or austrian cert system equivalent to JWL.

However from my understandings the best is VIA since VIA has to be registered and JWL can be self imposed.

So no, Vossen wheels are NOT certified by anyone but themselves as of current.

As well, they have plans to start a forged line soon. So that seems promising.
But they seem to think that todays cast wheels are as strong as forged from a decade ago so that worried me where they feel the quality of forged wheels should be. 10 yr old forged wheels will still be far stronger than any cast wheel.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

Angry

Rant - Ballade sports. Would not recommend this spot if you do not own an S2000. They see like legit S2K gods. Stop reading if you do. They admitted to me that they are not licensed/certified mechanics. True, some of the best tuners out there aren't. But when I bring in a newer car, and you charge $85 an hour, whereas I got other Gold level Master honda /acura techs charging $65-75 an hour through their independent shop... Biggest issue I had was ATTITUDE. I went to this shop for the FKX racing bars installs, and the OEM rear sway. The main dude Alex was real friendly at first, but once my car was on the lift, mofo had a cocky dismissive attitude that I really didn't appreciate. I even took time to cool off before I wrote this, to make sure it wasn't just me having a bad day or something... Like when I asked him about different tunes on Hondata to maximize fuel economy and/ or gain some more power, he said "You gotta stop reading those internet forums, people don't know shit. I own this shop, I know what i'm doing. Just get the most power out of it, thats it". But I had NEVER mentioned internet forums. After that I actually did, I mentioned Acurazine and again, he belittled me. I told him I've seen some different tuners try different stuff tho... I just dropped it because I wasn't there to argue. It really pissed me off tho. But it's like sending bad food back. You don't want your waiter to fuck with your food, so you gotta remain polite.

A couple other things. he charged me to fix the rattling, pretty sure he didn't do shit cuz it kept rattling for a while till it settled in. So I feel 100% ripped on that. I was there over the course of 3 days, Day one - pretty Cool. Day 2 Attitude started when car was on lift. Day 2.5 - i went back on a Saturday because rattling had started. Most reputable shops would IMMMEDIATELY fix their fuckup. NOPE blew me off just to help an mid life crisis older gentleman who was definitely trying to drop some cash on his S2K. Day 3 - thats when I came to finish the job and the day I went back to get the rattle gone. Rattle wasn't gone. Attitude over the top.
On day 3 I had the H&R wheel spacers installed. In the instructions, they flat out tell you you MUST re-torque after 50 miles of driving to ensure they are good. i told him i'd be back, to do that, he starts tripping out and goes on again about the fucking internet forums. WTF dude...SMH "stop reading those forums man, those people are filling your head with shit. We torqued the fuck out of it, ITS GOOD" i proceed to SHOW him the H&R directions. Its a bright yellow piece of paper, guy. he just waved me off. Fuck that guy. I just went to my local Acura mechanic, not trying to die on the freeway. Fuck yea, better safe then sorry. As I was leaving I asked about a nice 8th gen Civic SI I saw. Asked if they knew a shop that could paint the visors like this 8th gen had. "bro I dont do that shit" WTF? are you even listening to what the fuck Im saying, asshole?
Then -no shit - the state ref comes. but I had no idea. So I was just waiting on my car so i can just fucking leave already... i was asking about different mods and then still passing smog, cuz i don't want to fuck with he law too much... He's like "fuck that dude,Why worry about that? thats why everyone just says fuck it and gets illegal mods and then just gets a dirty smog." Me - "well how much is one of those? a dirty smog? and where the hell would you even go? who'd risk their license for a few extra bucks?" State ref appears out of nowhere - tension in room super evident, everyone's butthole is super puckered, except for me, I just thought dude was a customer.... "I wouldn't know".... "wait what do you mean? you just said?..." .... "DUDE I don't FUCKING KNOW" And I cant talk about that in present company!" At that point Im smart enough to connect the dots. Left and didn't come back. Wont be back either.
Main thing - don't go here because they are after big money S2K Turbo builds. I felt like I was small potatoes to them, which I was. But you know what? If you got bigger jobs, then just say so. Don't start off cool and then act like Im wasting your time. Just don't take my money dickheads. Fucked up customer service man. I kinda felt blown off too because (and I REALLY hate bringing this up).... I was a young Latino kid in Orange County. Cuz these guys were practically on their knees begging to gag first on the older white gents that would show up with S2K's.

Rave - Go here if you have an S2K and are doing a big expensive job. They will love you. full reach around and everything.

PS - I was chilling there while they were working on my car and people had ordered exhausts through them. They had been waiting as long as 6 months without getting squat. They were calling and complaining.

Last edited by aomechmarine; 10-04-2014 at 02:39 AM.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:46 AM
Three Wheelin'

Rant - Random conceited dude that was at Ballade sports. he was like a wheel shop owner from a couple doors down. I hate cocky people that try to talk shit too much. Not a hater, because confident successful people, shit, Ill ask how I can be like them. Im trying to participate not player hate. But cocky dudes? I guess its the aggro side in me, but i just want to smash their face in. Bad situation didn't help. And dudes annoying fucking cackle too....
Old 10-04-2014, 02:52 AM
Three Wheelin'

Rave - Can see pretty damn good now thanks to modern technology and the smart ass people who dedicate their lives to make ours just a lit-- wait a... a SHITLOAD better. Still got small side effects. Eyes dry out sometimes, get sinus headaches, cuz im still healing. "full healing" takes about 6 weeks. Almost there. Full (final) vison takes about 6 months. First 4 days for each eye was HELL dude PHUUUUUCK.... after that, its no biggie

Would love to be a Doc someday. My sister is gonna be a RN in about 6 months. Think Im gonna go for it, but that means this will be my last Marine Corps Ball in November... sniffle...
Old 10-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Suzuka Master

I hear that on the shop owner. Most owners I've met that their own shops or garage are real cool cats but I've meet a couple that really bugged me.

From what you've posted I know I've spoken to that type of owner before. Some people just think they have all the answers. Match that with some overbearing confidence and a little insecurity and they can be a nightmare to do business with.

I can totally picture saying "What's your ideas on SC vs Turbo. I've talked to some guys that..."
"Dude. Stop talking to guys. Only I know everything everyone else knows nothing. I am god. Blow me."

Fuck that.

A local body shop owned by my buddies buddy can be a real tool. His name is chris.
I've helped my buddy jorge a lot with his car. I've myself bought him window visors and a front lip trying to get the mod itch in him... it worked. Lol.

But he went to his friend Chris' body shop to ask some questions before buying wheels he got some pretty ridiculous feedback from a guy that knows what he's doing.

He owns an Evo on CCWs and a 240 on SSRs. He told my buddy Jorge to buy rota slipstream.

When my friend said he wanted to do as I said and skip past the rep wheels and buy something authentic, chris' response was to buy Rota's and put real stickers on them so people think they are real. He said it'll save him a couple hundred and look the same.

My buddy responded that he wouldn't fake the funk like that. Chris then asked about me and asked what I drive. When he was told an ilx he immediately started bashing it as an overpriced civic and said I don't know what I'm talking about... all he knows I've said is don't fake the funk.

This coming from a guy that owns real shit but wanted his friend to buy fake shit and lie about it.

In the end I helped Jorge get those work wheels we found for only 500. Cheaper than brand new rotas and 100x better.

Fuck that shop owner.

P.s. did you get the name if the wheel shop owner? Not his name but the wheel brand he sells?

Last edited by usdmJON; 10-04-2014 at 06:58 PM.
Old 10-04-2014, 07:24 PM

rant; if its not one thing its another!
Rave; after 2 months, My car is finally back on the road.

my friend blew the engine and I swapped heads with a 3.7l MDX.
took me a month to install the heads and the first weekend I took it out, the starter died.

installed new starter; now noticing an oil leak from the drain plug!

at least she's back on the road

Old 10-04-2014, 07:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by justnspace
rant; if its not one thing its another!
Rave; after 2 months, My car is finally back on the road.

my friend blew the engine and I swapped heads with a 3.7l MDX.
took me a month to install the heads and the first weekend I took it out, the starter died.

installed new starter; now noticing an oil leak from the drain plug!

at least she's back on the road
Yessss. I was following your justin VS whatever thread. Glad to see the car is back on the road! And you're right. If it isnt one thing it's another. At least replacing the drain plug isnt a crazy fix... unless its hidden behind something else hard to reach. Good luck!
Any thoughts on putting decals on those Rotas?!
Would look killer with some black or gunmetal decals! Regardless. She is gorgeous. Love white on silver!
Old 10-04-2014, 07:48 PM

Any thoughts on putting decals on those Rotas?!
Would look killer with some black or gunmetal decals! Regardless. She is gorgeous. Love white on silver!
yes, when I put on a beefier tire, i'll do either grey or black decals, most likely will do the SL stickers.

but these all seasons I have on now have tons of tread left, and I aint trying to throw cash at my car especially since i just did the repair!
Old 10-04-2014, 07:57 PM
Suzuka Master

yes, when I put on a beefier tire, i'll do either grey or black decals, most likely will do the SL stickers.

but these all seasons I have on now have tons of tread left, and I aint trying to throw cash at my car especially since i just did the repair!

I hear that. If youve got the stock wheels still Id wait until its time for new times. Swap the stocks on then thoroughly clean the Volks out before sticker time.

I dont know enough about Volks. What is the difference between the te37 and te37SL? SUPER LIMITED?!
Old 10-04-2014, 08:02 PM

I hear that. If youve got the stock wheels still Id wait until its time for new times. Swap the stocks on then thoroughly clean the Volks out before sticker time.

I dont know enough about Volks. What is the difference between the te37 and te37SL? SUPER LIMITED?!
I bought the TE37's because I didnt want to buy new tires for my stockies
there are no tires on my stockies and plus stockies are 17 and the TE's are 18s.

before I had put on the TE's, I washed, clayed, polished and sealed the wheels.
so brake dust and dirt slides right off!

I'll re-do this process when I apply the stickers.

it's running a slight stretch at the moment and I would like wider tires. 255's, please!

SL = Super Light's.
under a new process they found a way to shave off a few ounces.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:23 PM
Suzuka Master

I bought the TE37's because I didnt want to buy new tires for my stockies
there are no tires on my stockies and plus stockies are 17 and the TE's are 18s.

before I had put on the TE's, I washed, clayed, polished and sealed the wheels.
so brake dust and dirt slides right off!

I'll re-do this process when I apply the stickers.

it's running a slight stretch at the moment and I would like wider tires. 255's, please!

SL = Super Light's.
under a new process they found a way to shave off a few ounces.
Ahhh. Learn something new everyday.
Dont you love how easy brake dust comes off polished/waxed wheels. They hardy get dirty while my car collects dust. Once they are moving they clean themselves off.
Old 10-05-2014, 01:02 AM
Three Wheelin'

@USDMJON - Nah, some random shop that was super slow. One of the owners (the cocky dude) came in and was hanging out at the shop where I was just waiting on my car. he just kept talking about himself and how he gets girls this and that... And I get girls too tried to make just friendly conversation to kill time, this dude just kept talking about himself. Man, this guy LOVED talking himself up.... I literally left and went to go look at the wheels just to get away from him. I was already irritated about the shop situation with my car, taking a walk is better then just going nuclear on a random cocky dude. I'm a kind of weird guy, I don't really show my anger until you really piss me off. I'll take a few hits on the chin before I hit back, I just try to avoid confrontation. but Then I go all psycho on people, so usually they get scared cuz I go from basically quite or chill to just screaming asshole. Marines taught me how to do that pretty effectively if I have too. It actually really mindfucks people they just realize they're in over their head, keeping it real just went real wrong. Some dudes are actually still down to fight tho, usually younger guys. I do get into random street fights here and there, it's So Cal and I mess around with too many hood rats that live in sketchy areas... I bring this pain upon myself... SMH.... But I'm chilling out. I might win the fight, but i'll lose the war if someone fucks up my car.

Last edited by aomechmarine; 10-05-2014 at 01:07 AM.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:38 PM
Suzuka Master

The type of retard I have to share the road with...click for corvette fun.
aomechmarine (10-07-2014)
Old 10-07-2014, 04:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Related rant. - Retards bro. Saw some guy in a Mustang do WORSE by a high school and middle school near my house. He was trying to hoon right after school got out. You got all these innocent bystanders (kids, parents, a lot of cars picking people up). This guy swerved across 3 lanes 3 times and clearly he had lost control of the vehicle after the first swerve. Not shitting you he was on two wheels. What a moron. Do that stuff in the middle of nowhere who cares. Don't endanger random innocent people.
Seriously hope those corvette douches wrecked and hurt no one. Awesome car that is clearly in the wrong hands.

Quick Reply: General: Rant/Rave Thread