2016 ILX 18" Diamond Cut Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 12:09 AM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 ILX 18" Diamond Cut Wheels?

I have a 2016 White Acura ILX Aspect tech/premium I bought in March 2015 and I have of course the aspec wheels. I am able to buy brand new 18" Diamond cut alloy wheels (not the black one) for $306 (discounted, but not including taxes) for each wheel from Acura. I have about 18,000 miles now on the car with no mods. I was wondering if anyone has any insight on the ride quality of these wheels? Are they the same as the aspect wheels? To me, they look very nice and elegant at the same time and its a OEM product which is why I'm looking into only these wheels and not aftermarket ones. Yeah...just a preference thing. I'm a noob when it comes to cars. I've seen some pics on the ILX forum and they look nice on the catalina blue, but never seen it on a white one. Anyone has any videos to share?
Old 03-16-2017, 11:41 AM
Instructor

Thanks moderators for moving this. My bad!
Old 03-19-2017, 01:02 AM
Instructor

Okay so I ordered them today from Acura dealership. I'll take pics and post after they come in and get installed!
The following 2 users liked this post by Nurseman74:
holografique (03-19-2017), Tones (03-30-2017)
Old 04-01-2017, 05:49 PM
Instructor

BeautifulOmg they're beautiful. For some reason maybe bias but they seem to ride better and have less road noise. But that all maybe just in my head. I have my aspec 18 wheels sitting in my garage now...
Overall happy customer since my friend also works at acura.
Old 04-02-2017, 03:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 937 Likes on 487 Posts
Have to say, those do look pretty sharp on the white. Very nice. Would you mind taking a couple more straight side profile shots from a bit more distance? Say10-15ft away?

As dissatisfied as I am with the brand, my 16' ILX has grown more and more on me. I love how it drives and handles, more like what I've come to expect from Acura after 6-years in my 06 TL, and the transmission continues to settle in more and more, where now it's butter smoth. The only thing that really irks me is the interior design and build materials lacking a bit more upscale and quality and the seat comfort. I don't like the TLX interior (actually even worse materials used IMO), but the RLX interior and seat comfor was perfect and is the one thing I miss about that car (and the better road noise isolation). If the ILX had an interior closer to the RLX (and yes, I would be willing to pay the extra amount), then we might just have a car that would actually come close to keeping me in the brand.
The following users liked this post:
Nurseman74 (04-06-2017)
Old 04-02-2017, 03:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

^ the RLX had more of a snug swept-back "cockpit" feeling. that's really what's missing for me in the ILX. It's too straight and up-front, lacking that snug cockpit feeling. And if you try to recline your seat more into a relaxed cockpit feeling, the steering wheel angle doesn't come down enough to match that type of seat posture. the steering simply doesn't lower enough.

Wonder if there was a way to mod that...
Old 04-02-2017, 07:05 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by holografique
Have to say, those do look pretty sharp on the white. Very nice. Would you mind taking a couple more straight side profile shots from a bit more distance? Say10-15ft away?

As dissatisfied as I am with the brand, my 16' ILX has grown more and more on me. I love how it drives and handles, more like what I've come to expect from Acura after 6-years in my 06 TL, and the transmission continues to settle in more and more, where now it's butter smoth. The only thing that really irks me is the interior design and build materials lacking a bit more upscale and quality and the seat comfort. I don't like the TLX interior (actually even worse materials used IMO), but the RLX interior and seat comfor was perfect and is the one thing I miss about that car (and the better road noise isolation). If the ILX had an interior closer to the RLX (and yes, I would be willing to pay the extra amount), then we might just have a car that would actually come close to keeping me in the brand.
Sure I'll upload them when I get out to my house...had a lot to do in house today since wife is out for the day. Since I put these new wheels on my car, she says she liked the Aspec ones better and that the diamond cut wheels looks like its for "old people". These in my opinion, look better and more luxurious. The Aspec ones definitely looks sporty, but I wanted the diamond cuts since I got the car. It sort of reminds me of the dark silver color that Lexus IS wheels have.

Initially I complained so much about the road noise on the ILX but it sure does beat my old truck and civic. I also use to own a 2012 brand new mercedes C class and 2013 BMW 3 series M Sport (no backup cameras but had navigation!) and they were both awesome luxury cars, but the BMW was more fun to drive in my opinion. I nearly had the impulsive urge to trade in the 2016 ILX for a V6 TLX SHAWD or a BMW 4 series gran coupe, but then I decided to save my money and stick with the ILX. Now with over 2 years of owning the top of the line/package ILX after purchasing it for $34,500 out the door brand new, I must say its a fun car to drive, comfortable, cheaper to maintain and parts are cheaper compared to my previous German cars, and the amount of technology features you get for the money is amazing. I couldn't see myself turning in the ILX for another luxury car that didn't have all the bells and whistles that this brand offers for the price. The DCT is so smooth in Honolulu traffic, I love how smooth it drives. I sat in a RLX before but never drove one, so I wouldn't know how it drives but it is indeed very nice. My friend who works for Acura took me for a test drive with a 2017 TLX V6 with SHAWD and it was amazing in regards to minimal road noise and the amount of power with nice throttling sound it had for a NA engine. I went back to my friend's 2016 BMW 428i to test her car out and the TLX was quieter and more comfortable, yet still sporty to drive and not boring. Her BMW was about $46,000 with only a backup camera (no nav or any other driving assistance feature) and she's leasing it. The TLX comes with all the bells and whistles for that price plus more. In my opinion, the ILX can use a lot of work from Acura, but the TLX seemed to be well made. I can't wait to see what the 2018 TLX is going to be like. If the new TLX with V6 SHAWDg comes out with a Type S or even Aspec variant, I'll be leasing one of those and letting my wife drive the 2016 ILX after she sells her 2013 Honda Civic .
Old 04-02-2017, 08:42 PM
Instructor

Here's some pictures from a distant view on the side.
holografique (04-05-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 05:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

That looks fantastic. Thanks for the follow-up pics.

I really think I may go with these instead of what I had originally planned, 18' TLX OEM wheels.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:52 AM
Instructor

That looks fantastic. Thanks for the follow-up pics.

I really think I may go with these instead of what I had originally planned, 18' TLX OEM wheels.
yeah I would say that I would definitely like these wheels better than the original TLX wheels. This looks more luxurious and support at the same time. Specifically for this car.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
They look much different than the stock photography from Acura's catalog. Maybe its the real world lighting. Nice ILX, really like the style of that car.
Nurseman74 (04-06-2017)
Old 04-06-2017, 10:27 PM
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This looks really nice with these 18" wheels.
Nurseman74 (04-06-2017)
Old 04-09-2017, 01:20 PM
Instructor

Another picture from the ass.
Old 04-09-2017, 04:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
Wink

ive seen the new 2018 TLX and the aspec will be right up your ally. You'll love all the new features too such as AA and CP if you can figure that those are
Old 04-09-2017, 10:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

AA (Android Auto)
CP (CarPlay)
Old 04-10-2017, 03:29 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nexx
ive seen the new 2018 TLX and the aspec will be right up your ally. You'll love all the new features too such as AA and CP if you can figure that those are
The new tlx looks like a awesome bargain and this is compared to my previous 2013 BMW 335i for the money. I may go for it and give this ilx to my wife hahaha. She can give her 2012 Civic to her parents. I'm gonna get a white 2018 TLX with the highest trim (whatever it'll be called).
Old 04-10-2017, 03:31 AM
Instructor

Old 04-27-2017, 06:37 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Old 04-27-2017, 07:58 PM
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like it. Will look

will thi

[QUOTE=Le7316;16007355] [/QUOTE]