Stock wheels with Spacers and NO DROP (Stock Suspension)

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 05:02 PM
@nighthawk.black

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stock wheels with Spacers and NO DROP (Stock Suspension)

Ladies and gents. I am aware that there is an older existing thread about stock wheels with spacers and no drop, however no one was running the setup. "Why would you want spacers without lowering?" was as close as the OP got to answering his question, but I digress. Anyways, here is my 08 Type-S on stock waffles with no drop. 20mm rears, 15mm fronts. Stock tire size as well. The fitment is absolutely flush without poke, and the car drives nicely after an alignment. Attached are some before and after shots. Front wheels before (left) and after (right) 15mm hubcentric spacers, picture taken from standing behind the wheel facing to the front of the car.
Front wheels before (left) and after (right) 15mm hubcentric spacers, picture taken from standing in front of the wheels facing to the back of the car.
Rear wheels before (left) and after (right) 20mm hubcentric spacers, picture taken from standing in front of the wheel, facing to the back of the car.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:23 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thx for the info chief. Looks good. Just curious what made you go with the 15 and 20mm spacers.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:25 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,594 Likes on 6,638 Posts
https://www.google.com/search?q=site...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Because 15/20 has been tried and true for years here now

and it looks great!
The following users liked this post:
rman402 (10-16-2017)
Old 10-16-2017, 11:32 AM
@nighthawk.black

Originally Posted by rman402
Thx for the info chief. Looks good. Just curious what made you go with the 15 and 20mm spacers.
Asked some members in the community, and got the overall response that 15/20 setup gives the flushest look without any poke or rubbing. Also, planning on staying at stock height for quite a while. If I do go lower, I will get a camber kit and set it to no more than factory spec camber.
The following users liked this post:
rman402 (10-16-2017)
Old 10-16-2017, 06:36 PM
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts
Looks good and makes a big difference. Also doesn't hurt that its a cheap mod.
I had 15/20 setup when I was dropped on stocks no rubbing and looked great.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:48 PM
Acura Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
I really like this setup and have been thinking about buying 15 and 20mm spacers for my base 08. OP i know this is a couple months old but would you have further away side and angle pictures with the spacers on?
Old 12-10-2017, 06:16 PM
@nighthawk.black

Originally Posted by mayjarjar
I really like this setup and have been thinking about buying 15 and 20mm spacers for my base 08. OP i know this is a couple months old but would you have further away side and angle pictures with the spacers on?
Yes. If you are on Instagram, you can see many different angles of the car wearing the spacers and stock wheels/suspension. If not, I can post a few more pictures of the setup here on AZine. Instagram: @ua7.tls
Old 12-10-2017, 06:47 PM
Acura Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Oh okay I found you on Instagram. I really like the setup with the wheel spacers. Eventually I want to drop my car but not too much. Maybe an inch or so. So you have 0 rubbing? Thats the only thing I'm worried about. Btw, nice steering wheel cover! I really like it. I wonder if they have that same one but with blue stitching since I have the base TL..
Old 12-10-2017, 07:09 PM
@nighthawk.black

Originally Posted by mayjarjar
Oh okay I found you on Instagram. I really like the setup with the wheel spacers. Eventually I want to drop my car but not too much. Maybe an inch or so. So you have 0 rubbing? Thats the only thing I'm worried about. Btw, nice steering wheel cover! I really like it. I wonder if they have that same one but with blue stitching since I have the base TL..
Correct, I have 0 rubbing at all, including in and out of steep driveways, etc. Mind you my suspension is 100% stock for now. As far as the steering wheel cover; genuine hand-crafted italian rubber by the highly reputable artisans of Advanced Auto Parts. Lmao. I have seen an identical style with silver stitching versus the red stitching that I have. I'm sure they make it in blue though I have not seen it. Suits the job well for a $9.99 Adv Auto Parts accessory imo.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:10 AM
10th Gear

Looks good. Any side profile picture of the whole car?
Old 01-05-2018, 10:07 AM
@nighthawk.black

Originally Posted by Jdmtai
Looks good. Any side profile picture of the whole car?
I have quite a few side shot pics but unfortunately it seems the files are too large to share here? I recently got a new dSLR camera so im not too familiar with the file sizing yet. Anyways, in the mean time you can find many different angles including side shots of the car on my Instagram @ua7.tls - same as my username here on Azine.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:27 AM
10th Gear

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ua7.tls
Yes. If you are on Instagram, you can see many different angles of the car wearing the spacers and stock wheels/suspension. If not, I can post a few more pictures of the setup here on AZine. Instagram: @ua7.tls
im assuming the latest pics on your insta are the ones with the 15/20mm spacers on?
Old 01-18-2018, 08:50 AM
@nighthawk.black

Originally Posted by Jonny.Boy's.Back
im assuming the latest pics on your insta are the ones with the 15/20mm spacers on?
Yep. Though I've changed my IG name, it is now @nighthawk.black
Old 01-21-2018, 02:10 AM
E39
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by ua7.tls
Yep. Though I've changed my IG name, it is now @nighthawk.black
Which brand of spacers are you using? Mind linking them if possible? Are you using extended lugs? Is there any negatives to running spacers?

Last edited by E39; 01-21-2018 at 02:24 AM.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:52 PM
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by E39
Which brand of spacers are you using? Mind linking them if possible? Are you using extended lugs? Is there any negatives to running spacers?

just a a friendly bump.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:04 PM
@nighthawk.black

Originally Posted by Armani23

just a a friendly bump.
Originally Posted by E39
I just picked up a generic set from amazon. Just make sure they are stainless. No, I am not using extended lug nuts as hub-centric spacers have their own bolts which stick out further than the stock ones. It is possible to run extended lugs if you decide to do so, I just chose not to as I like the locking feature of the stock lug nuts. Regarding negatives concerning spacers; anybody you ask will give you a different answer though I will offer my .02; for my application spacers are perfect. I am at stock ride height so rubbing is not an issue, I do not track the car nor live in an area with large potholes/salty roads, meaning that the potential of a spacer cracking is also not of concern. The only other downfall that could be seen is that they add more unsprung mass to your car - about 20lbs worth. Rule of thumb is that 1lb of unsprung mass generally (not always) equates to about 5-7lbs of sprung mass, i.e. weight in/on the car rather than weight on the ground. That being said, my car is 10 years old and boasts the dreaded 5-speed auto box so I do not plan on racing anybody anytime soon. If you go with the spacers, my only words to you are that I recommend an alignment after you install them and you will be golden. One last thing, DO NOT TRY TO INSTALL THEM IF YOU'VE DRIVEN THE CAR WITHIN THE LAST 3-4 HOURS. I made this mistake and broke 3 of my hub studs as metal expands when it is hot. Let the car cool for a considerable amount of time - at least 4 hours - before removing your wheels and installing the spacers. Let me know if you have any further questions.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:58 AM
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

Bigfoot is out there...beware
Old 08-28-2018, 05:00 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you take pictures further away?