2023 Type-S Accent Lighting intermittent

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2024, 10:27 AM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2023 Type-S Accent Lighting intermittent

At times my Accent Lighting does not work. I've double checked all the settings. I have it set to mid brightness (not tied to the ambient lighting). Manually turning on the headlights do not work. They were working on Thursday last week but are currently not coming on. How does this get diagnosed? How do I convince the dealer to figure this out vs. just disconnecting the battery and hope it goes away? I've had the car several weeks.
Old 01-29-2024, 02:06 PM
Advanced

Received 77 Likes on 43 Posts
What exactly do you mean by Accent Lighting if you're not talking about the Ambient lighting?
Old 01-29-2024, 02:16 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by cwatt79
What exactly do you mean by Accent Lighting if you're not talking about the Ambient lighting?
Yes, what most people call ambient lighting is called accent lighting in the manual.
Old 01-29-2024, 03:17 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by adamhodge
At times my Accent Lighting does not work. I have it set to mid brightness (not tied to the ambient lighting).
Yes, what most people call ambient lighting is called accent lighting in the manual.
Sure, but I’m confused by “not tied to the ambient lighting” in your original post. So you’re talking about the interior light strips on the center stack and doors, and footwell and door latch release lighting?

Last edited by cwatt79; 01-29-2024 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-29-2024, 03:20 PM
Advanced

Sure, but I’m confused by “not tied to the ambient lighting” in your original post. So you’re talking about the interior light strips on the center stack and doors, and footwell and grab handle lighting?
Yes. You can set those to dim based on the ambient light - like the dash brightness or whatever. Otherwise, you just set low, med, high, max I think. This (imo) eliminates the sensors that control dash lights brightness from the equation. Do you happen to know what fuse this is on?
Old 01-29-2024, 03:40 PM
Advanced

No I don’t. That’s a strange problem! So it’s all or nothing? It either all comes on or it all doesn’t?
Is it supposed to come on during the day? I can’t say that I’ve even noticed, lol.
Old 01-29-2024, 03:42 PM
Advanced

No I don’t. That’s a strange problem! So it’s all or nothing? It either all comes on or it all doesn’t?
Is it supposed to come on during the day? I can’t say that I’ve even noticed, lol.
They are supposed to come on during the day if you manually turn the headlights on. This is not happening though.
Old 01-29-2024, 03:49 PM
Advanced

But sometimes they do come on during daylight when you manually turn the headlights on?
My car is already in the garage for the evening, but I’ll try to remember to try this on my way home tomorrow.

Do they work consistently when it’s dark outside?
Old 01-29-2024, 03:54 PM
Advanced

But sometimes they do come on during daylight when you manually turn the headlights on?
My car is already in the garage for the evening, but I’ll try to remember to try this on my way home tomorrow.

Do they work consistently when it’s dark outside?
No, that is what I am saying. A couple times now, they have stopped working all together. I am not able to find a way to force them on. When I was at service for windshield and paint coating, I told them they stopped working. When I picked up the car again, they were on. Now, weeks later, they have stopped working. I fear they just disconnected the battery and hope that fixes. It's back and I'm wondering what the next steps are and how to debug it. Of course, I can check a fuse myself, but I don't know which one it is.
Old 01-29-2024, 04:14 PM
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 120 Posts
My 2021 A-Spec sometimes doesn't seem to match the color to the chosen selection. Very weird issue, but I don't really care, because I usually just alternate between deep blue or deep red, sometimes light orange.
Old 01-29-2024, 05:07 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Flapjackura
My 2021 A-Spec sometimes doesn't seem to match the color to the chosen selection. Very weird issue, but I don't really care, because I usually just alternate between deep blue or deep red, sometimes light orange.
Well, when it has been working, I haven't found much difference between many of the themes. It's good at blue, red, white, and this ugly pink color. A regular color selector control would be fine...but right now I will take whatever works.
Old 01-30-2024, 03:28 PM
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 120 Posts
Well, when it has been working, I haven't found much difference between many of the themes. It's good at blue, red, white, and this ugly pink color. A regular color selector control would be fine...but right now I will take whatever works.
There's green in there somewhere but not my favorite color - I was able to get it to light up once and it made the interior of the car look like Uma Thurman in that Batman movie years ago - sickly.
Old 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Advanced

If anyone is following, I'm told by the dealer this was a defective puddle light. I guess everything is daisy chained. It must be the passenger side lol.
Old 02-06-2024, 02:15 PM
Advanced

That is intriguing! With all the discussion on the forums about puddle light issues, I don't ever remember seeing others complaining about the accent lighting. I myself had the puddle lights go out, but I never noticed that the accent lighting wasn't working. Did they mean that a blown puddle light bulb would disable the accent lighting, or perhaps there was damaged wiring at the puddle light that is shared with the accent lighting? I'd still find that hard to believe because the puddle lights and accent lights are not illuminated at the same time. In any case, I hope they're able to resolve this annoyance.
Old 02-06-2024, 02:23 PM
Advanced

That is intriguing! With all the discussion on the forums about puddle light issues, I don't ever remember seeing others complaining about the accent lighting. I myself had the puddle lights go out, but I never noticed that the accent lighting wasn't working. Did they mean that a blown puddle light bulb would disable the accent lighting, or perhaps there was damaged wiring at the puddle light that is shared with the accent lighting? I'd still find that hard to believe because the puddle lights and accent lights are not illuminated at the same time. In any case, I hope they're able to resolve this annoyance.
Well, the part is on the way to the dealer from wherever. They told me tomorrow so I will be asking again when I pick up. If the lights are strung out on a daisy chain, then I guess it can make sense even if the others are not on. But I say that not having a clue how the car is engineered.