Youtube on apple carplay acura tlx gen 2

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2021, 04:05 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Youtube on apple carplay acura tlx gen 2

hello, does anyone know how to add youtube on the apple car play for the 2021 acura tlx? i seen a lot of cars that has apple car play but has youtube in it as well watching videos. i would like to know if anyone know how to add them? i also seen netflix being played on bmw apple car play.
Old 12-22-2021, 07:08 PM
Family Hauler

Received 165 Likes on 79 Posts
I’m pretty sure AppleCar play doesn’t allow you to add distracting apps like YouTube and Netflix since it doesn’t have a direct way of knowing if the vehicle is moving and you may be watching videos.

What you have seen is probably hacked infotainment systems. There is an app, CarBridge, I believe that mirrors what you’re seeing on your phone over to the vehicles screen. I haven’t used it so I don’t have experience with it.
The following 2 users liked this post by caLiTLX:
chris12x1 (12-22-2021), MarcoTLX (12-23-2021)
Old 12-22-2021, 07:53 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by caLiTLX
I’m pretty sure AppleCar play doesn’t allow you to add distracting apps like YouTube and Netflix since it doesn’t have a direct way of knowing if the vehicle is moving and you may be watching videos.

What you have seen is probably hacked infotainment systems. There is an app, CarBridge, I believe that mirrors what you’re seeing on your phone over to the vehicles screen. I haven’t used it so I don’t have experience with it.
youre right with the distraction which make sense. but thank you i will look into carbridge
Old 12-22-2021, 08:04 PM
Pro

Received 544 Likes on 256 Posts
You can listen to a YouTube video, but you can not see the video playback.
Old 12-22-2021, 08:17 PM
Family Hauler

Received 165 Likes on 79 Posts
Here’s the link which shows the app being used on a TLX:

Old 12-22-2021, 09:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 672 Likes on 417 Posts
Originally Posted by chris12x1
youre right with the distraction which make sense. but thank you i will look into carbridge
Your phone needs to be jailbroken as well
Old 12-23-2021, 10:58 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 255 Posts
Originally Posted by caLiTLX

What you have seen is probably hacked infotainment systems.
Newer Audi's allow you to watch MP4 videos natively (no hack and not thru CarPlay either). I capture most of them from YouTube. They sound and look great. If car starts moving, they still let you listen to them.

In fact, I'm currently sharing some of my favorites files over on my GoogleDrive.

Old 12-23-2021, 11:57 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
easy, get this..
its pricey though
The following users liked this post:
JDM_DOHC_SiR (12-24-2021)
Old 02-16-2022, 11:28 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Nexx
easy, get this.. https://youtu.be/TsOTxJExqA4 its pricey though
i bought the mmb 11 mulitmedia box and when i start it up i hear the sound of the intro booting up but nothing on the screen. i also connected it through bluetooth directly from my iphone and i only can hear but no video. i contacted support so im just waiting on them but seems like it might not work. i was wondering if anyone knows about coding it?
Old 02-19-2022, 01:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
Seems like a lot of effort to use something that's inappropriate for a vehicle while driving. Not sure if there's a big demand for sitting in one's car and watching You Tube videos. However, each to his/her own.....
The following 2 users liked this post by mapleloaf:
Jim2301 (02-19-2022), KrylonBlue (02-19-2022)
Old 02-19-2022, 03:35 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 548 Likes on 280 Posts
Originally Posted by mapleloaf
Seems like a lot of effort to use something that's inappropriate for a vehicle while driving. Not sure if there's a big demand for sitting in one's car and watching You Tube videos. However, each to his/her own.....
For real.

Worse yet it’s an increased hazard for the safety of others on the road.
Jim2301 (02-19-2022)
Old 02-19-2022, 04:45 PM
Pro

Received 434 Likes on 249 Posts
I would rather load my ebook pdfs on the infotainment screen. On a serious note, I feel like if someone really wants to watch YouTube videos while driving, one can just use a phone on a mount.

I am curious on what videos are worth all the hassle?
Old 02-19-2022, 08:22 PM
8th Gear

if you don’t have anything to say that isn’t related to this post you might as well don’t post anything no need to get unnecessary notification if you don’t know the real purpose of having one
Old 02-19-2022, 08:39 PM
AZ Community Team

if you don’t have anything to say that isn’t related to this post you might as well don’t post anything no need to get unnecessary notification if you don’t know the real purpose of having one
Would you mind enlightening all of us as to what the purpose of such a device is rather than making such a statement? There are laws that make it illegal to watch videos on a screen while in motion and any device that allows one to do so would be against regulations.

No one has gone off on you whatsoever. But it’s fair for someone to be concerned about the safety of others on the road too.
ELIN (12-18-2022)
Old 02-19-2022, 10:43 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by KrylonBlue
Would you mind enlightening all of us as to what the purpose of such a device is rather than making such a statement? There are laws that make it illegal to watch videos on a screen while in motion and any device that allows one to do so would be against regulations.

No one has gone off on you whatsoever. But it’s fair for someone to be concerned about the safety of others on the road too.
the law is “in motion” so because that’s the law you going assume that’s what i’m going do? and you can’t think of any other reason it can be used for? here try this, what about “not in motion” what about being parked up with some girl relaxing laid back watching netflix on it? i can’t believe i have to explain this. like i said if you ain’t got nothing else better to say get out of my thread i apperciate it.
Old 02-19-2022, 11:08 PM
AZ Community Team

the law is “in motion” so because that’s the law you going assume that’s what i’m going do? and you can’t think of any other reason it can be used for? here try this, what about “not in motion” what about being parked up with some girl relaxing laid back watching netflix on it? i can’t believe i have to explain this. like i said if you ain’t got nothing else better to say get out of my thread i apperciate it.
There is nothing wrong with someone asking questions regarding what you’re trying to do. It’s also okay to bring up concerns as to why this sounds like a bad idea for anyone that reads this thread that may not consider the positives and negatives of doing such a mod.

You’re free to do whatever it is that you want with your car. But don’t come at me aggressively and tell me or others to get out of your thread for asking these questions. That’s the point of an Internet forum — discussion. And unless someone comes at you aggressively or tries to completely derail your thread there is no need to be rude.

Also, “in motion” is correct. If the unit you purchase is capable of playing videos while in motion it’s against regulations. That was my whole point. I wasn’t saying you’d do it but I also didn’t consider that you’d like to watch while stopped because generally I’ve never known anyone to do this. Obviously you have a use for this so you explained your reasoning and that’s all that was needed. Telling me to stay out of this thread wasn’t necessary. It only serves to fast track it’s derailment.

Best of luck finding your solution.
Jim2301 (03-24-2022)
Old 02-20-2022, 11:50 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,600 Likes on 1,581 Posts
You seriously think anything you put up on an open forum will not generate opinions you don't like. Best get over it.

Now for the commercial. On some cars that are not very welcomed to be talked about that you have seen YouTube on they you can code out the restriction on showing vids while moving. Its in the same list as coding out all the various warnings at start up. Don't think Acura has a big enough customer base to attract the vendor to develop the override software. Just a few screens of what is available. Each category opens into a list of sub-menus that let you set a lot of things in the car.

Quick pictures off my phone

Honda has a big enough base so maybe something similar might be available through one of their vendors. My app only covers Toyota Supra, BMW, Mini.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 02-20-2022 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-20-2022, 12:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 255 Posts
When I was younger, they had these places called "Drive-In Movie Theaters" . It was sorta-like "Parking". Good times.

You would not think it's cool-or-fun to watch videos in the front-seat, but it is. I can see why Audi allows it (while not moving or parked of course).

Now-days, I think most people use an iPad in back-seat. They also make these holders that attach it to the seat-backs. You can use your phone as a WiFi-hotspot if you need to.

I would suggest NOT Jail-Breaking your phone if you also use it for Banking or real-life stuff.

The following 2 users liked this post by Tesla1856:
BEAR-AvHistory (02-20-2022), mapleloaf (02-28-2022)
Old 02-20-2022, 09:36 PM
Pro

Received 434 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
You seriously think anything you put up on an open forum will not generate opinions you don't like. Best get over it.

Now for the commercial. On some cars that are not very welcomed to be talked about that you have seen YouTube on they you can code out the restriction on showing vids while moving. Its in the same list as coding out all the various warnings at start up. Don't think Acura has a big enough customer base to attract the vendor to develop the override software. Just a few screens of what is available. Each category opens into a list of sub-menus that let you set a lot of things in the car.

Quick pictures off my phone

Honda has a big enough base so maybe something similar might be available through one of their vendors. My app only covers Toyota Supra, BMW, Mini.
Now if we can only override the lane keep assist timer and auto-stop timer for TJA. 😃
Old 02-21-2022, 01:24 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,600 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Originally Posted by richii0207
Now if we can only override the lane keep assist timer and auto-stop timer for TJA. 😃
Why don't you just shut them off? Have most of my nannies shut down. Keep all the radar items on alert & only front collision intervention on
Old 03-24-2022, 03:49 PM
1st Gear

i bought the mmb 11 mulitmedia box and when i start it up i hear the sound of the intro booting up but nothing on the screen. i also connected it through bluetooth directly from my iphone and i only can hear but no video. i contacted support so im just waiting on them but seems like it might not work. i was wondering if anyone knows about coding it?
did you get this resolved? I’m having the same problem.
Old 03-24-2022, 08:07 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by acurafeen
did you get this resolved? I’m having the same problem.
no the customer service is horrible for this company, they take forever to reply, i sent so many emails and nothing. i got a replied back to a old email i sent before buying the device asking if it works for the car and he told me to reply if i end up buying it and it don’t work, in which i did and he replied asking me to upload a file and show video of what happens. it been over two weeks and no response.
Old 12-17-2022, 12:50 PM
1st Gear

no the customer service is horrible for this company, they take forever to reply, i sent so many emails and nothing. i got a replied back to a old email i sent before buying the device asking if it works for the car and he told me to reply if i end up buying it and it don’t work, in which i did and he replied asking me to upload a file and show video of what happens. it been over two weeks and no response.
Any update on what you did???
Old 12-20-2022, 03:21 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by orrego
Any update on what you did???
nope nothing yet, i heard some people can code it but don’t wanna pay a heavy fee for that
Old 11-24-2023, 10:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 669 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by Honda430
You can listen to a YouTube video, but you can not see the video playback.
How do I get it to do that? I can listen to music but it won’t play YouTube through the speakers though. I just want to listen to YouTube not watch it.

Last edited by p.diddy; 11-24-2023 at 11:04 PM.
Old 11-30-2023, 07:37 PM
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by KrylonBlue
For real.

Worse yet it’s an increased hazard for the safety of others on the road.
100%. It's only going to get worse, unfortunately. People can't put their phones down to save their lives.

We have legitimate rights to respond to things like this. It affects us, since we see distracted drivers repeatedly. Furthermore, it is indeed related to the discussion. If you have nothing valuable to say, better get off the internet.

You are going to watch netflix on a car screen? That is hilariously bad. Why not a nice TV inside a warm house while laying on a couch?

Originally Posted by Tesla1856
When I was younger, they had these places called "Drive-In Movie Theaters" . It was sorta-like "Parking". Good times.
You're talking a 140 inch screen at a drive in threatre vs a 12 inch car screen. Which would you rather watch a movie on?

nope nothing yet, i heard some people can code it but don’t wanna pay a heavy fee for that
Good, hopefully it remains that way for you. We don't need more distracted drivers on our roads.
Old 12-01-2023, 09:01 AM
Racer

Received 226 Likes on 126 Posts
There are a ton of gray area concert videos on youtube that are not available on the youtube music app. Audio quality often much better than video. It would be cool to be able to listen to some of these, with no need to watch. But with all the content on iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, etc. - no huge need to go to all the trouble of jailbreaking my phone.
MarcoTLX (12-05-2023)