Who’s Type S is this white beauty at Brightons in Illinois?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2022, 09:05 PM
Cruisin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by KrylonBlue
Let Chase know you were sent by Stephen with the “Numb” Apex Blue Type S. He should also know @TypeS22. He’s a great guy. I actually need to see him soon as my back bumper has a bunch of straight line surface scratches from something brushing up against it. I think they’ll come out with a buff but I’d rather him check it out so any ceramic can be reapplied to that small area.

As for the work done I had a full frontal PPF and stage 2 Ceramic coating w/ wheels removed so they could be fully done too.

I didn’t even think about tipping them. 🤦‍♂️

Money was so tight and I was about to buy a house so I was penny pinching. Next time I’m in I have to take care of Chase if possible because he’s been amazing to me. When I call Brightons I actually request a call back if Chase isn’t available. Most people there are great but it’s easier this way as Chase knows my car already.
Will do. I have to swing by at some point before my appointment so he can check out the paint just to make sure there aren't any surprise issues.
Old 09-30-2022, 06:03 PM
Cruisin'

The following 2 users liked this post by TigerEye:
a35tl (09-30-2022), MarcoTLX (09-30-2022)
Old 09-30-2022, 09:57 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 539 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by TigerEye
You’re not the one I have seen on Boughton Road at around 730am each morning are you? I’ve seen a Tiger Eye Pearl Type S the past few mornings headed from Weber towards the Promenade/355 area.
Old 09-30-2022, 10:54 PM
Cruisin'

You’re not the one I have seen on Boughton Road at around 730am each morning are you? I’ve seen a Tiger Eye Pearl Type S the past few mornings headed from Weber towards the Promenade/355 area.
No, but I do head that way often.
The following users liked this post:
KrylonBlue (09-30-2022)
Old 10-09-2022, 08:59 AM
Cruisin'

Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts
Spotted an Apex Blue Type S yesterday around 1pm on Montgomery Road. I was going west and it was going east. Was that you @KrylonBlue ?
Old 10-10-2022, 02:27 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by ApexBlue
Spotted an Apex Blue Type S yesterday around 1pm on Montgomery Road. I was going west and it was going east. Was that you @KrylonBlue ?
Nope, I only drove to and from work that day and I was working from 8am-630pm so I wasn’t driving my car during those hours.
Old 10-17-2022, 05:16 PM
AZ Community Team

I called Brightons today because I’m going in tomorrow to have them buff out a few scratches within my ceramic coated bumper and he told me your Tiger Eye just left the shop today. I hope you like their work! Top notch job on my car and every other one I’ve seen leave so far. 🔥
Old 10-17-2022, 05:40 PM
Cruisin'

I called Brightons today because I’m going in tomorrow to have them buff out a few scratches within my ceramic coated bumper and he told me your Tiger Eye just left the shop today. I hope you like their work! Top notch job on my car and every other one I’ve seen leave so far. 🔥
I was picking it up as you posted this. They did a great job on it. They were putting the badges on when I took this. Showed up a little early.

Old 10-17-2022, 05:53 PM
AZ Community Team

I was picking it up as you posted this. They did a great job on it. They were putting the badges on when I took this. Showed up a little early.
Looking great! I spoke with Chase who you may have spoken to as he knew you came in based on this website recommendation. I’m glad you like the work! That shop definitely has professionals doing the work. No amateur detailers there.
Old 10-17-2022, 06:08 PM
Cruisin'

Looking great! I spoke with Chase who you may have spoken to as he knew you came in based on this website recommendation. I’m glad you like the work! That shop definitely has professionals doing the work. No amateur detailers there.
Yep, met Chase and chatted a bit. He was the one finishing up the car. Will definitely recommend my friends to them.
KrylonBlue (10-17-2022)
Old 10-17-2022, 06:16 PM
AZ Community Team

Yep, met Chase and chatted a bit. He was the one finishing up the car. Will definitely recommend my friends to them.
Chase is the one I always talk to when I go in there. I’m sure the others are great but once you make friends with one you’re best working through them moving forward IMO.
Old 10-19-2022, 12:17 AM
AZ Community Team

I was at Brightons today and Chase removed a long line of vertical scratches from my rear bumper. We have no clue as to how these happened but thankfully he knew how get them out without messing up my ceramic coating.

On a side note— I went to court yesterday to testify along with the arresting officer in that DUI case where I was rear ended a year ago. She was offered a plea deal but took a bench trial instead. This is great because the plea was actually less severe but she was roasted in court and found guilty. I don’t understand why anyone would choose a trial over a plea once they saw the victim and officer present. 🤣
The following 3 users liked this post by KrylonBlue:
a35tl (10-19-2022), Legend2TL (10-19-2022), MarcoTLX (10-19-2022)
Old 10-19-2022, 01:45 PM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Received 339 Likes on 228 Posts
I was at Brightons today and Chase removed a long line of vertical scratches from my rear bumper. We have no clue as to how these happened but thankfully he knew how get them out without messing up my ceramic coating.

On a side note— I went to court yesterday to testify along with the arresting officer in that DUI case where I was rear ended a year ago. She was offered a plea deal but took a bench trial instead. This is great because the plea was actually less severe but she was roasted in court and found guilty. I don’t understand why anyone would choose a trial over a plea once they saw the victim and officer present. 🤣
I feel bad that she can’t even pay for the damage she caused to your Type-S. Hopefully the four makes her pay the cost of damages incurred by you and your insurance
Old 10-19-2022, 01:52 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by MarcoTLX
I feel bad that she can’t even pay for the damage she caused to your Type-S. Hopefully the four makes her pay the cost of damages incurred by you and your insurance
I am not sure exactly what she will be responsible for but I’m sure my insurance is going to sue her. I also know that the prosecutor told me that she will have a year to pay me my $250 deductible but I’m not holding my breath.
MarcoTLX (10-20-2022)
Old 10-21-2022, 03:36 PM
Cruisin'

Glad he was able to get that fixed for you. He pointed out that the dealer must have chipped the inside of one of the lug bolt holes because he noticed it when applying ceramic to the wheel face. It's so small I didn't even notice it. He said he had the exact paint color to match it and could. I'm going to give them a call and have them do it, since them > dealer.
Old 10-21-2022, 05:03 PM
AZ Community Team

Glad he was able to get that fixed for you. He pointed out that the dealer must have chipped the inside of one of the lug bolt holes because he noticed it when applying ceramic to the wheel face. It's so small I didn't even notice it. He said he had the exact paint color to match it and could. I'm going to give them a call and have them do it, since them > dealer.
He does and if it’s not an exact match it’s damn close. I had a few chips from rocks in my performance rims, which you also have, and he was able to find the color that was needed. Looks great considering he wasn’t sanding it down.
Old 10-22-2022, 09:06 AM
Cruisin'

He does and if it’s not an exact match it’s damn close. I had a few chips from rocks in my performance rims, which you also have, and he was able to find the color that was needed. Looks great considering he wasn’t sanding it down.
It's so small and in such a hidden spot that even if it didn't match 100% it would still be better than the chip. I just had some Michelin Pilot Sport 4 A/S put on because I couldn't find wheels I liked and the winter tires I wanted were already out of stock for the season. Do you run a different wheel setup or did you swap your summers out? I want to get a dedicated set of wheels for winter tires since 255/35/20 is a bit nuts for winter.

In the winter do you do your own maintenance wash, or do you bring it in to Brighton? I have the equipment to do a ONR wash, but one regret I have when I built my house was not having a garage heater installed, which is dumb because I built a 3 car with the intention of getting a lift...
Old 10-22-2022, 04:32 PM
AZ Community Team

It's so small and in such a hidden spot that even if it didn't match 100% it would still be better than the chip. I just had some Michelin Pilot Sport 4 A/S put on because I couldn't find wheels I liked and the winter tires I wanted were already out of stock for the season. Do you run a different wheel setup or did you swap your summers out? I want to get a dedicated set of wheels for winter tires since 255/35/20 is a bit nuts for winter.

In the winter do you do your own maintenance wash, or do you bring it in to Brighton? I have the equipment to do a ONR wash, but one regret I have when I built my house was not having a garage heater installed, which is dumb because I built a 3 car with the intention of getting a lift...
You could consider a ceiling mounted infrared heater. I am looking into one myself. However, I’m not a fan of washing in my garage as it would leave water everywhere so I only wash with my power washer/foam cannon in warmer weather. Otherwise I’ll let Brightons do the wash and maintenance on the ceramic coating as it’s worth not soaking my garage.

As for tires, I actually just have the stock all seasons. When I ordered my Type S I put the order in with the performance tire package but the first Apex Blue w/ Red interior had all season tires on it. I ended up just buying the performance rims and swapping the tires onto them. Honestly, while the performance tires would be better for summer, I have no need for them. Plus, not having to swap them out each season is nice. I’ve never had winter tires and likely never will. SH-AWD even on all seasons in the snow is fantastic with a little caution.
Old 10-23-2022, 09:29 AM
Cruisin'

You could consider a ceiling mounted infrared heater. I am looking into one myself. However, I’m not a fan of washing in my garage as it would leave water everywhere so I only wash with my power washer/foam cannon in warmer weather. Otherwise I’ll let Brightons do the wash and maintenance on the ceramic coating as it’s worth not soaking my garage.

As for tires, I actually just have the stock all seasons. When I ordered my Type S I put the order in with the performance tire package but the first Apex Blue w/ Red interior had all season tires on it. I ended up just buying the performance rims and swapping the tires onto them. Honestly, while the performance tires would be better for summer, I have no need for them. Plus, not having to swap them out each season is nice. I’ve never had winter tires and likely never will. SH-AWD even on all seasons in the snow is fantastic with a little caution.
Yeah, I typically wash using a pressure washer and foam cannon and then pull it into the garage to finish it up, and I know some coatings are absolutely fine doing an ONR wash. Just not sure if Gyeon's coatings are, might email Gyeon and see what they say. As for the tires, different situation then, I don't mind swapping them out, takes me about an hour (previous cars). However, I know you said you likely never will, but AWD w/winter tires is far superior to AWD and A/S, because of the winter tires. I've been dragging my feet, but also planning on getting a winter setup for my wife's Volvo XC60 that we got last year.
Old 10-23-2022, 10:49 AM
AZ Community Team

Yeah, I typically wash using a pressure washer and foam cannon and then pull it into the garage to finish it up, and I know some coatings are absolutely fine doing an ONR wash. Just not sure if Gyeon's coatings are, might email Gyeon and see what they say. As for the tires, different situation then, I don't mind swapping them out, takes me about an hour (previous cars). However, I know you said you likely never will, but AWD w/winter tires is far superior to AWD and A/S, because of the winter tires. I've been dragging my feet, but also planning on getting a winter setup for my wife's Volvo XC60 that we got last year.
Of course winter tires would be superior. I just haven’t had the need for them with how little it snows in Illinois each year. If the storm is big I usually take the day off of work but that’s to protect me from others rather than myself, lol.

Also, Brightons has a spray that you use for maintenance. They gave me one when I had my car coated. It’s a white milky looking spray bottle. I just don’t wash my own car in the winter since it’s too cold to be out there spraying it.
Old 10-23-2022, 11:03 AM
Cruisin'

Of course winter tires would be superior. I just haven’t had the need for them with how little it snows in Illinois each year. If the storm is big I usually take the day off of work but that’s to protect me from others rather than myself, lol.

Also, Brightons has a spray that you use for maintenance. They gave me one when I had my car coated. It’s a white milky looking spray bottle. I just don’t wash my own car in the winter since it’s too cold to be out there spraying it.
It's not just snow, better stopping distance in cold temps, dry pavement or not, would definitely recommend if you plan on potentially getting a RDX Type S and shuttling a kiddo around in the future. I work from home, but occasionally head to the office. We cross shopped the RDX when we were looking, but passed on it. Wasn't a Type S, so the transmission was a dog, but if it was, my wife may have gone that direction.

Ah, I think I know what bottle you're talking about. Gotta get that chip in the wheel fixed, so I'll double-check on the maintenance spray when I'm there.
KrylonBlue (10-23-2022)
Old 10-23-2022, 11:19 AM
AZ Community Team

It's not just snow, better stopping distance in cold temps, dry pavement or not, would definitely recommend if you plan on potentially getting a RDX Type S and shuttling a kiddo around in the future. I work from home, but occasionally head to the office. We cross shopped the RDX when we were looking, but passed on it. Wasn't a Type S, so the transmission was a dog, but if it was, my wife may have gone that direction.

Ah, I think I know what bottle you're talking about. Gotta get that chip in the wheel fixed, so I'll double-check on the maintenance spray when I'm there.
I understand that. I’ve been driving on all season tires since I got my license when I was 16. Vehicle wise I’ve driven:

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier
2008 Honda Civic EX Coupe
2012 Acura RDX
2012 Acura TSX
2019 Acura TLX ASPEC SH-AWD
2021 Acura TLX Type S

I have never had any issues with driving in any weather. I recognize the advantages of each and I’m sure I’d appreciate them but currently it’s not something I’m considering. Much of that is financially related but also due to my experience over the years. Maybe one day. 😎

As for the spray I’d ask them about it. I don’t use it after each wash as it’s not necessary but I do use it once in a while. They used the spray a week ago so I’m good for a bit.

Last edited by KrylonBlue; 10-23-2022 at 05:20 PM.
Old 10-23-2022, 04:56 PM
Cruisin'

I understand that. I’ve been driving on all season tires since I got my license in 2016. Vehicle wise I’ve driven:

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier
2008 Honda Civic EX Coupe
2012 Acura RDX
2012 Acura TSX
2019 Acura TLX ASPEC SH-AWD
2021 Acura TLX Type S

I have never had any issues with driving in any weather. I recognize the advantages of each and I’m sure I’d appreciate them but currently it’s not something I’m considering. Much of that is financially related but also due to my experience over the years. Maybe one day. 😎

As for the spray I’d ask them about it. I don’t use it after each wash as it’s not necessary but I do use it once in a while. They used the spray a week ago so I’m good for a bit.
I've had my license a lot longer and have driven through some absolute shit weather over the past 14 years. Winters are one of those things that are an additional expense and you only use them for 4 maybe 5 months a year, so I understand not buying them for financial reasons.
KrylonBlue (10-23-2022)
Old 10-23-2022, 05:20 PM
AZ Community Team

I've had my license a lot longer and have driven through some absolute shit weather over the past 14 years. Winters are one of those things that are an additional expense and you only use them for 4 maybe 5 months a year, so I understand not buying them for financial reasons.
I just realized I wrote 2016. 🤣

I got my license when I was 16 years old. I am now 34. Whoopsie!
Old 10-23-2022, 05:33 PM
Cruisin'

I just realized I wrote 2016. 🤣

I got my license when I was 16 years old. I am now 34. Whoopsie!
Lol I wasn't sure. I have some coworkers that are from overseas that never drove before coming here. Your car list makes more sense now.
KrylonBlue (10-23-2022)
Old 10-23-2022, 05:46 PM
AZ Community Team

Lol I wasn't sure. I have some coworkers that are from overseas that never drove before coming here. Your car list makes more sense now.
Haha. Yeah.

All of those cars since 2016 would be very questionable. The longest I ever kept a car was my TSX for about 7 years.
Old 10-24-2022, 06:38 PM
Cruisin'

I’ve run dedicated winter tires (winter performance tires specifically) on my cars for the last 20 years or so, up until my last 2 cars (2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD and 2022 TLX Type S). This includes FWD, AWD, and RWD cars. The 2 AWD cars were Subarus, and I’ll tell you with winter tires those were unstoppable 😁

The last few years though we’ve gotten less and less snow here in the Chicago area, and I got tired (pun intended) of doing the twice yearly swap. I did replace the crap all seasons on both the A-Spec and Type S with Continental DWS06+, and had zero issues last winter.
Old 10-24-2022, 06:51 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by ApexBlue
I’ve run dedicated winter tires (winter performance tires specifically) on my cars for the last 20 years or so, up until my last 2 cars (2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD and 2022 TLX Type S). This includes FWD, AWD, and RWD cars. The 2 AWD cars were Subarus, and I’ll tell you with winter tires those were unstoppable 😁

The last few years though we’ve gotten less and less snow here in the Chicago area, and I got tired (pun intended) of doing the twice yearly swap. I did replace the crap all seasons on both the A-Spec and Type S with Continental DWS06+, and had zero issues last winter.
I am still rolling with the stock tires but I’ll definitely swap to another tire when they wear out. I don’t like wasting tires or anything for that matter. Lol
Old 10-24-2022, 06:59 PM
Cruisin'

I am still rolling with the stock tires but I’ll definitely swap to another tire when they wear out. I don’t like wasting tires or anything for that matter. Lol
Nor do I, but the first time I took a corner in the rain on the stock tires I knew they had to go 😁

I did manage to sell the OEM tires though (both times) and recoup some of the cost.
KrylonBlue (10-24-2022)
Old 07-29-2023, 05:46 PM
Cruisin'

@KrylonBlue you passed me on 355 south this afternoon.
KrylonBlue (07-29-2023)
Old 07-29-2023, 06:38 PM
AZ Community Team

@KrylonBlue you passed me on 355 south this afternoon.
I was wondering who that was. I decided to open it up a bit today as I had somewhere to be, haha. ❤️