Wait times for Type S

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2022, 08:42 PM
Pro

Received 434 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by Mpellicano
Well a bit of good news…and the the bad news…….My Type S arrives this upcoming week. I mentioned to the rep that I would have a bank check as our agreement was I would provide my own financing….I was advised that the dealer would not allow me to pay cash or provide my own financing and that I would have to go one of their three preferred lenders. I have secured a rate of 1.49%. I responded that I will not use their lenders unless my rate can be matched…. I know I have no position of leverage here and I do understand the car will sell days after(if) I walk away. Also, I do have the agreement in writing with an email the rep sent me. As my deal was secured in August, there was no markup and no financing stipulation. I understand the landscape for buyers has changed, but this one hurts…..any advice?

Appreciate your responses in advance.

ps…having no leverage sucks..

MP
That sounds like a dealership that you shouldn’t even consider, especially if the written agree does not specifically say that you are required to use their own lenders. It doesn’t even make me want consider any future car with them if that’s the case.

When I had a written and signed agreement for my CTR, they messed up on some of the numbers and gave me an “updated” agreement. I told them that seemed like a bait and switch tactic and to forget about anything. When I told them I’m walking out that’s when they decided to honor the deal. The numbers seemed realistic and a “good”, not “great” deal.

Really not sure why they would even care since they are just going to the agreed amount regardless of what lending institution you use. I’d speak with the GM.

Last edited by richii0207; 03-18-2022 at 08:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
MarcoTLX (03-18-2022)
Old 03-19-2022, 10:22 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 549 Likes on 355 Posts
Well a bit of good news…and the the bad news…….My Type S arrives this upcoming week. I mentioned to the rep that I would have a bank check as our agreement was I would provide my own financing….I was advised that the dealer would not allow me to pay cash or provide my own financing and that I would have to go one of their three preferred lenders. I have secured a rate of 1.49%. I responded that I will not use their lenders unless my rate can be matched…. I know I have no position of leverage here and I do understand the car will sell days after(if) I walk away. Also, I do have the agreement in writing with an email the rep sent me. As my deal was secured in August, there was no markup and no financing stipulation. I understand the landscape for buyers has changed, but this one hurts…..any advice?

MP
Depends on how badly you want the car but if it were me I would stick to my guns and if they didn't budge I would walk, as this is a red flag and gives you a preview of how they do business. But if you do want the car badly enough you can play their game and then immediately pay it off with cash or w/ your own lender [if the contract allows] and if you do so before 90 days they typically lose out on the financing credit too.
Old 03-19-2022, 10:55 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,600 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Originally Posted by richii0207
That sounds like a dealership that you shouldn’t even consider, especially if the written agree does not specifically say that you are required to use their own lenders. It doesn’t even make me want consider any future car with them if that’s the case.

When I had a written and signed agreement for my CTR, they messed up on some of the numbers and gave me an “updated” agreement. I told them that seemed like a bait and switch tactic and to forget about anything. When I told them I’m walking out that’s when they decided to honor the deal. The numbers seemed realistic and a “good”, not “great” deal.

Really not sure why they would even care since they are just going to the agreed amount regardless of what lending institution you use. I’d speak with the GM.
The "preferred" banks kick back a portion of the interest to the dealer. Its part of their profit per car sold. As for paying it off early you will likely find a penalty charge if you do in the loan contract.

About the only way in this case to come out whole is to walk away. Buy the car & you will get tagged one way or another.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 03-19-2022 at 10:59 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by BEAR-AvHistory:
ESHBG (03-19-2022), MarcoTLX (03-20-2022), richii0207 (03-19-2022)
Old 03-19-2022, 12:26 PM
9th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I’m taking my time to work through this. Ive asked for a list of their preferred lenders so I can research rates before I go. Want to make sure the dealer isnt marking the % up….Thinking I will walk away, but who knows..
Old 03-19-2022, 02:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 388 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
The "preferred" banks kick back a portion of the interest to the dealer. Its part of their profit per car sold. As for paying it off early you will likely find a penalty charge if you do in the loan contract.

About the only way in this case to come out whole is to walk away. Buy the car & you will get tagged one way or another.
I have paid off multiple cars early with no penalty with Acura. Granted they were a few months after purchase. I don't think generally early prepayment penalty is normal with Acura but I guess it may depend. Acura usually uses their own financing (from my experience) rather than local banks. If no penalty for early payment he could always go with their financing and refinance it at the other lender at a lower rate. 1.5% vs 3% on 30k financed is about an extra $20 per month. Even if you had to wait 3 months to pay off early it's not a huge hit. Wouldn't stop me from buying with the car supply issue in the crapper for what may be another year or more. Sad state of affairs in the US this past year overall.
Old 03-19-2022, 04:54 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 444 Likes on 303 Posts

MP
Wow...I've purchased over 45 new cars and 70 total veh. and I've never...no matter what state I was in...been told I HAD to finance through a dealer's chosen lender!!! WHAT?? Hell no.
A dealer like that would never get my business. I know in todays very tough buying market and super low inventories, it's hard to say to you.."dump them and go elsewhere."
IF you do have a "solid signed agreement" that you mentioned I'd make an appt. to sit down with the GM and lay out YOUR FACTS as you were told them...and in a nice way...demand they
abide by that agreement. IF they don't...I would contact the State's New Car Dealer Association, and the Better Bus. Bureau and explain the issues.

I would also contact Acura's Regional Sales Mgr for that district. You may have to dig and claw to get that person's phone #, but, it's doable. Maybe first contact Acura's Cust. Serv. Dept. out
of California. Explain to them the basic issue and that you very much would like help from wherever you can get it. Esp. info. on the Reg. Sales Mgr in your area. That dealer I'm sure won't
give you that contact. Normally, it's reserved for dealers to talk to them, not the buying public....but, I have in the past. Wasn't easy, but, persistence pays off sometimes.

Best of Luck!!
The following 2 users liked this post by Colorado Guy AF Ret.:
dregsfan (03-20-2022), LinuxRacr (07-05-2022)
Old 03-19-2022, 04:55 PM
9th Gear

Great points made. Thanks so much. Thinking of refinancing in 90 days may be the path I take.
Old 03-19-2022, 06:04 PM
Pro

Great points made. Thanks so much. Thinking of refinancing in 90 days may be the path I take.
Your rate may increase after your credit is run with them, unless they do a soft credit check. Perhaps you’ll go with their preferred lender if they go to you your preferred pricing or addons. :-)
MarcoTLX (03-20-2022)
Old 03-19-2022, 06:06 PM
9th Gear

Thanks. I will be making calls…
Old 03-19-2022, 06:51 PM
Pro

Thanks. I will be making calls…
Good luck! Please keep us posted, would like to know what they say, especially if a dealership tries to pull the same thing with someone else.
Old 03-19-2022, 07:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Some of you guys need to get out more, real life can suck sometimes.

Car dealers want you to finance through them because they often have the opportunity to make a profit by increasing the annual percentage rate (APR) on customers' auto loan

Dealerships can refuse any type of financing for any reason. It's not immoral or unethical; it's just business. That said, car dealers usually refuse outside financing if they've lowered the price enough. To make up for this discount, they want you to finance with them to recoup that money.

The overwhelming majority of consumers finance their purchases through the car dealer, but consumers cannot learn dealer financing terms in advance. They learn the offered financing terms only after spending substantial time and energy negotiating a car price, a trade-in price, warranties, insurance, and vehicle add-ons. At this point, because most consumers lack alternative financing options, they face a take-it-or leave-it choice that leaves them especially vulnerable to dealer abuses.

Competition in the dealer-based lending market actually works against consumers. Dealers auction off loans to financial institutions based largely on which institution allows the dealer the greatest compensation in the form of a markup on the loan. These ultimate lenders compete for the dealers’ business, not the consumers’, which results in consumers paying supra-competitive rates because of the dealer markup.

FWIW. This might apply to any manufacture supplied lease. What BMW does it has a range of money factors & you need to work them just as you would the price of the car. The fat dumb & happy people see the lease deal & if the payment seems reasonable they sign up. In most cases you can knock the money factor down from the first offer. Be sure you know how to translate money factor to interest rate do you know what the numbers really are.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 03-19-2022 at 07:52 PM.
Old 03-19-2022, 09:31 PM
Pro

Some of you guys need to get out more, real life can suck sometimes.

Car dealers want you to finance through them because they often have the opportunity to make a profit by increasing the annual percentage rate (APR) on customers' auto loan

Dealerships can refuse any type of financing for any reason. It's not immoral or unethical; it's just business. That said, car dealers usually refuse outside financing if they've lowered the price enough. To make up for this discount, they want you to finance with them to recoup that money.

The overwhelming majority of consumers finance their purchases through the car dealer, but consumers cannot learn dealer financing terms in advance. They learn the offered financing terms only after spending substantial time and energy negotiating a car price, a trade-in price, warranties, insurance, and vehicle add-ons. At this point, because most consumers lack alternative financing options, they face a take-it-or leave-it choice that leaves them especially vulnerable to dealer abuses.

Competition in the dealer-based lending market actually works against consumers. Dealers auction off loans to financial institutions based largely on which institution allows the dealer the greatest compensation in the form of a markup on the loan. These ultimate lenders compete for the dealers’ business, not the consumers’, which results in consumers paying supra-competitive rates because of the dealer markup.

FWIW. This might apply to any manufacture supplied lease. What BMW does it has a range of money factors & you need to work them just as you would the price of the car. The fat dumb & happy people see the lease deal & if the payment seems reasonable they sign up. In most cases you can knock the money factor down from the first offer. Be sure you know how to translate money factor to interest rate do you know what the numbers really are.
I can’t speak for everyone but I was just irked at that fact that a corporate entity would write an agreement without important terms and conditions. It’s obviously legal, but is an unethical business practice. The only industry I know where kickbacks are medical referrals.

In my company, I’ve had employees give misquotes, but yet I still honor it. Why? I believe a long term commitment that can lead to referrals is worth a whole lot than a small short term profit. But everyone runs their business their own way, that’s why some last longer or have a larger base than their competitors.
BEAR-AvHistory (03-19-2022)
Old 03-19-2022, 11:02 PM
Suzuka Master

I can’t speak for everyone but I was just irked at that fact that a corporate entity would write an agreement without important terms and conditions. It’s obviously legal, but is an unethical business practice. The only industry I know where kickbacks are medical referrals.

In my company, I’ve had employees give misquotes, but yet I still honor it. Why? I believe a long term commitment that can lead to referrals is worth a whole lot than a small short term profit. But everyone runs their business their own way, that’s why some last longer or have a larger base than their competitors.
I expect hidden in the small print there might be lawyer weasel words about this stuff but like it or not it takes place everyday with every brand. Its up to us to find the dealer you want to work with & trust. Was real happy when after 6 months waiting mine honored the MSRP price & 0.9% loan rate on a car some dealers were marking up $20K. Did not help things that a lot of guys were flipping their cars & reordering a new replacement then bragging about it on the net.

The first year on the C8 StingRay was mask & gun time by most dealers except for the 3 mega Corvette dealers that honored the MSRP price pledge they made.
MarcoTLX (03-20-2022)
Old 03-20-2022, 09:43 AM
Pro

I expect hidden in the small print there might be lawyer weasel words about this stuff but like it or not it takes place everyday with every brand. Its up to us to find the dealer you want to work with & trust. Was real happy when after 6 months waiting mine honored the MSRP price & 0.9% loan rate on a car some dealers were marking up $20K. Did not help things that a lot of guys were flipping their cars & reordering a new replacement then bragging about it on the net.

The first year on the C8 StingRay was mask & gun time by most dealers except for the 3 mega Corvette dealers that honored the MSRP price pledge they made.
Geeze, I’d be ecstatic with sub 1%. I already was extremely happy to break the sub 2% for the first time. You must have some awesome credit from your banking if this was not a promotional APR. Congrats on that.

I forgot to submit the edit on my previous post, I meant to say that the only industry I know where kickbacks are illegal in medicine (ex. referrals).
Old 03-20-2022, 12:39 PM
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Scott820
Has anyone ordered a type S in the past six months and received it?
Placed my order September 28, 2021 (Canadian model) and received it last week. Total wait time of just under six months. I was about to cancel but they called me the first week of March indicating it was en route.
Old 03-20-2022, 02:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 388 Likes on 227 Posts
Every new vehicle I have financed from Acura they have always used Acura Financial for the loan. Typically the dealers themselves would have nothing at all to do with auctioning off loans to financial institutions. That would be done at the Acura Financial level or other institutional levels at banks and not the dealer level. Similar to the way mortgages are bundled and sold into into the MBS market. Auto loans will typically get aggregated together and sold off as ABS (asset backed securities) in the secondary market. The higher risk loans typically will be bundled separately from the lower risk loans hence the higher interest rate for less credit worthy borrowers. Auto leases also go through the same process. Acura financial in the end continues to provide for the servicing of those loans/leases (and is compensated for that) while passing payments through to the issuer of the securities who ultimately passes through the payments to the buyers of the securities. The structure of these securities sold on the secondary market is typically quite complex and would generally involve an investment banker to structure them in multiple tranches so this is really a simplification of the whole process.
Old 03-20-2022, 04:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Geeze, I’d be ecstatic with sub 1%. I already was extremely happy to break the sub 2% for the first time. You must have some awesome credit from your banking if this was not a promotional APR. Congrats on that.

I forgot to submit the edit on my previous post, I meant to say that the only industry I know where kickbacks are illegal in medicine (ex. referrals).
BMWFS had the option of subsidized the loan. What was really nice is it was a promotional deal good for 90 days. Because of the issues of building the car, getting it shipped & delivered last year they still honored the original deal after 6 months & did not apply the normal rate increases had taken place on newer customers.
Old 03-20-2022, 04:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
Originally Posted by Nomad346
Placed my order September 28, 2021 (Canadian model) and received it last week. Total wait time of just under six months. I was about to cancel but they called me the first week of March indicating it was en route.
Congrats! What are your first impressions?
Old 03-20-2022, 04:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by jhb31
Every new vehicle I have financed from Acura they have always used Acura Financial for the loan. Typically the dealers themselves would have nothing at all to do with auctioning off loans to financial institutions. That would be done at the Acura Financial level or other institutional levels at banks and not the dealer level. Similar to the way mortgages are bundled and sold into into the MBS market. Auto loans will typically get aggregated together and sold off as ABS (asset backed securities) in the secondary market. The higher risk loans typically will be bundled separately from the lower risk loans hence the higher interest rate for less credit worthy borrowers. Auto leases also go through the same process. Acura financial in the end continues to provide for the servicing of those loans/leases (and is compensated for that) while passing payments through to the issuer of the securities who ultimately passes through the payments to the buyers of the securities. The structure of these securities sold on the secondary market is typically quite complex and would generally involve an investment banker to structure them in multiple tranches so this is really a simplification of the whole process.
Agree I usually finance through the brands captive finance operation like you. That said a lot of buyers don't qualify for manufacture subsidized loans. Those buyer all go into the dealers secondary market with banks & finance companies that will lend to a higher risk borrower. Fine print on most adds for special deals usually say "for well qualified buyers".

I used the word "auctioned" as the dealer picking the institution he would put the loans with based on the best deal the banks/finance companies he does business with will give him. Then the paper will be bundled by the bank/finance company as you described.
jhb31 (04-01-2022)
Old 03-21-2022, 08:57 AM
Cruisin'

Received 21 Likes on 5 Posts
Still waiting on my vehicle. Acura build shows a few type s in transit but it seems those are all orders/sold as I tried reaching out/asking about the availability of some
Old 03-21-2022, 09:09 AM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Received 374 Likes on 249 Posts
I am still slated for a summer delivery however I may need to see if they can move it up.... just lost my TLX last night in an accident. My dealer just got 2 TLX-S cars in transit though they are already pre-sold
Old 03-21-2022, 09:13 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by MarcoTLX
I am still slated for a summer delivery however I may need to see if they can move it up.... just lost my TLX last night in an accident. My dealer just got 2 TLX-S cars in transit though they are already pre-sold
Sorry to hear that I been wanting a type s ever since it came out. Had my Aspec with a ton of equity stolen previous fall. Struggled to find a MSRP/near msrp dealer near me
MarcoTLX (03-21-2022)
Old 03-21-2022, 09:36 AM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Damn now that sucks to hear... there was another guy around here who got his A-Spec wheels stolen off of his car that was parked in what he was led to believe was a secure garage. Hopefully my dealer does a good msrp deal I always go to them for all service and any accessories I may need.
Old 03-21-2022, 10:04 AM
Cruisin'

Damn now that sucks to hear... there was another guy around here who got his A-Spec wheels stolen off of his car that was parked in what he was led to believe was a secure garage. Hopefully my dealer does a good msrp deal I always go to them for all service and any accessories I may need.
I just found a dealer that is doing “msrp” but they have a markup of accessories final price is coming out to like 879/mo with about 5k down.
Old 03-21-2022, 10:20 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Wmarte5442
I just found a dealer that is doing “msrp” but they have a markup of accessories final price is coming out to like 879/mo with about 5k down.
Given that we don’t know the length of loan or interest, we can’t give you any insight on if that’s good or not. You could just punch in numbers here and see what your purchasing the vehicle for.

Last edited by richii0207; 03-21-2022 at 10:23 AM.
Old 03-21-2022, 10:24 AM
Cruisin'

Given that we don’t know the length of loan, we can’t give you any insight on if that’s good or not.
my bad thought I included it in original post. Its 75 months
so about 71k out of pocket total. Guy claimed its a 3. Something interest rate but seems high i’m guessing that dealer add ons is pushing the deal too
Old 03-21-2022, 11:40 AM
Suzuka Master

That sucks. Hope you are OK thats the most important thing. At the end of the day its just a car & can be replaced.
MarcoTLX (03-21-2022)
Old 03-21-2022, 11:47 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Wmarte5442
my bad thought I included it in original post. Its 75 months
so about 71k out of pocket total. Guy claimed its a 3. Something interest rate but seems high i’m guessing that dealer add ons is pushing the deal too
Not unusual for the rate to side up as the loan term gets longer. Some local rates here are now 2.99% for 60 with $2500 down on subsidized loans. That's up from 1.9% around Christmas for the same deal on the same car. They will not go over 60 months.
Old 03-21-2022, 12:26 PM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

That sucks. Hope you are OK thats the most important thing. At the end of the day its just a car & can be replaced.
Thank you bear, crazy cause now I'm really in the market for a new car. But Acura has their safety standards on point the car protected me well airbags went off and I came out unscathed, as for the car its definitely gone, that car was like my baby

Spoiler

BEAR-AvHistory (03-21-2022)
Old 03-21-2022, 12:48 PM
Cruisin'

Thank you bear, crazy cause now I'm really in the market for a new car. But Acura has their safety standards on point the car protected me well airbags went off and I came out unscathed, as for the car its definitely gone, that car was like my baby

Spoiler

damn looking at that pic hurts my heart but like Bear said important part is that you’re okay. Cars are just toys for adults
The following 3 users liked this post by Wmarte5442:
BEAR-AvHistory (03-22-2022), MarcoTLX (03-21-2022), pyrodan007 (03-22-2022)
Old 03-21-2022, 10:46 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Build Dates moving ahead again!

I think what just happened to me and those on the same wait list may be happening around the country.

My ORIGINAL build date was: Feb. 1-5. After being moved ahead, now, as of today, 5 times, my new build date is: May 1 - 5! That's a
3 month delay, so far, from the original build date. It's getting to look like possibly my car may not get built. My new car mgr. does not
believe those on his wait list will all get their cars. That's just his "gut feeling." Acura has not said anything...other than..."Oh...here's the new
build dates for ALL of those waiting for their Type S."

I'm looking at cancelling...don't know yet, but, getting closer to POSSIBLY the build date for the '23's. And, I'm seriously considering ordering a
Lexus LC500. I first saw them in 2018 when they were released and...wow, I couldn't take my eyes off it, esp. the Caramel interior. For sure I didn't
like the grill. Way too big..as all the Lexus models have. But, the rest of that amazing car overrides that dislike for the grill. Not sure yet, but, I'll be talking
to the same Gen. Sales Mgr. lady that I met in '18 with my wife, who treated us very well that day. We were just nosing around and stumbled on the new LC.
I'll talk to her about a special order and the wait time. I hear it's 3 mos to a max of 4. To find one the way you want it...esp. colors, is hard. They never make
that many.

Anyway...thought I'd pass along today's Type S info.
The following 2 users liked this post by Colorado Guy AF Ret.:
BEAR-AvHistory (03-22-2022), MarcoTLX (03-21-2022)
Old 03-21-2022, 11:39 PM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
I think what just happened to me and those on the same wait list may be happening around the country.

My ORIGINAL build date was: Feb. 1-5. After being moved ahead, now, as of today, 5 times, my new build date is: May 1 - 5! That's a
3 month delay, so far, from the original build date. It's getting to look like possibly my car may not get built. My new car mgr. does not
believe those on his wait list will all get their cars. That's just his "gut feeling." Acura has not said anything...other than..."Oh...here's the new

I'm looking at cancelling...don't know yet, but, getting closer to POSSIBLY the build date for the '23's. And, I'm seriously considering ordering a
Lexus LC500. I first saw them in 2018 when they were released and...wow, I couldn't take my eyes off it, esp. the Caramel interior. For sure I didn't
like the grill. Way too big..as all the Lexus models have. But, the rest of that amazing car overrides that dislike for the grill. Not sure yet, but, I'll be talking
to the same Gen. Sales Mgr. lady that I met in '18 with my wife, who treated us very well that day. We were just nosing around and stumbled on the new LC.
I'll talk to her about a special order and the wait time. I hear it's 3 mos to a max of 4. To find one the way you want it...esp. colors, is hard. They never make
that many.

That's messed up but the LC500s are definitely a nice, beautiful Lexus and that V8 sounds amazing too! hopefully in my case I can get my hands on a Type-S by early-mid summer (or even earlier considering my situation now) like my dealer said. If not, then I may.....have to take a look at the competition.
Old 03-22-2022, 12:24 AM
TLX-S

Received 225 Likes on 172 Posts

that many.

That sucks with your build date getting pushed back again. I’m pretty far down on the pre-order list and wasn’t expecting mine until July or later this year. For my color combination, White/Ebony, there happened to be one allocated to the dealer where I’m now getting it early May.

It also doesn’t help that the new Integra is being built on the same production line as the TLX.
Old 03-22-2022, 11:41 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by wilztlxs
That sucks with your build date getting pushed back again. I’m pretty far down on the pre-order list and wasn’t expecting mine until July or later this year. For my color combination, White/Ebony, there happened to be one allocated to the dealer where I’m now getting it early May.

It also doesn’t help that the new Integra is being built on the same production line as the TLX.
Its not so much what line the car is built on in a modern factory its the allocation of common parts. For whatever reason, can see high profit margin in the MDX, they might be diverting parts into the Integra as the just released new guy on the block. Have not bothered to look at the numbers but wonder what they are for Civic VS Accord. Maybe marketing sees it as potential volume sales increase deal. Small sedan VS larger sedan.
Old 03-22-2022, 10:14 PM
Cruisin'

One of the dealers called me at work and we met halfway on the price. Not cheap but happiness has no price. White on red with perf tires! Hope everyone waiting can get one soon
The following 8 users liked this post by Wmarte5442:
a35tl (03-23-2022), BBRL (04-29-2022), bilirubin (03-23-2022), JM2010 SH-AWD (03-23-2022), KOSIKAN72 (03-26-2022), MarcoTLX (03-23-2022), Nomad346 (03-22-2022), Pens Fan (03-23-2022) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-22-2022, 10:55 PM
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
After waiting close to 6 months, I got a call last week and took deliver over the weekend. Glad I didn't cancel my order. Really enjoying the upgrade from my 2015 TLX. The Pearl White colour seems popular as a few other dealers also received units last week.

The following 9 users liked this post by Nomad346:
a35tl (03-23-2022), BBRL (04-29-2022), bilirubin (03-23-2022), Colorado Guy AF Ret. (03-25-2022), Honda430 (03-23-2022), JM2010 SH-AWD (03-23-2022), KOSIKAN72 (03-26-2022), MarcoTLX (03-23-2022), Pens Fan (03-23-2022) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-25-2022, 11:14 AM
9th Gear

Thanks for everyone’s advice. I was able to negotiate a rate that was .5 greater than what I secured. Also, received 25% of accessories installed and a maintenance plan for four years through Acura at no charge. Went and signed everything today and take delivery next when the accessories get installed.
MarcoTLX (03-25-2022)
Old 03-25-2022, 04:36 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

That's messed up but the LC500s are definitely a nice, beautiful Lexus and that V8 sounds amazing too! hopefully in my case I can get my hands on a Type-S by early-mid summer (or even earlier considering my situation now) like my dealer said. If not, then I may.....have to take a look at the competition.
Man, things in the car world are really messed up, bad!! So, my dealer has an ordered Type S on the way in...time since order....8 mos. I looked at my white/red one. IF it
arrives 3rd week of May..guess what...8 mos. from time of order! My dealer is so frustrated, but, nothing he can do.
So, I had a long talk with my Lexus dealer on the LC500. Well, bottom line, I can forget that one. Lexus has just "hit the wall" on vehicles available, etc. Toyota was doing pretty well, but,
now it's a mess. No '22's can be ordered. Their allocations for ANY Lexus has been cut to nearly nothing. Most LC's are convertibles...about 75%. Crazy. I was starting to get excited
about MAYBE securing an LC 500 cpe, in Aztec Silver with Toasted Caramel int. Amazing machine! But, that's not happening...it appears. And this dealer MSRP, no price hikes.

Another example....again, Corvette production line..both shifts...shut down for at least a week. This isn't their first time. Prices are through the roof.

IF my Type S can be confirmed that it will be built, I will take it. But, Acura only tells them....build dates. My Mgr. will try and push the Reg/Dist. Sales Mgr to find out on my
order. We'll see. Now, IF I get lucky on the LC 500...I'll take it, but, I don't see that happening. They now are in worse shape it seems than Acura.
MarcoTLX (03-25-2022)
Old 03-25-2022, 05:09 PM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Man, things in the car world are really messed up, bad!! So, my dealer has an ordered Type S on the way in...time since order....8 mos. I looked at my white/red one. IF it
arrives 3rd week of May..guess what...8 mos. from time of order! My dealer is so frustrated, but, nothing he can do.
So, I had a long talk with my Lexus dealer on the LC500. Well, bottom line, I can forget that one. Lexus has just "hit the wall" on vehicles available, etc. Toyota was doing pretty well, but,
now it's a mess. No '22's can be ordered. Their allocations for ANY Lexus has been cut to nearly nothing. Most LC's are convertibles...about 75%. Crazy. I was starting to get excited
about MAYBE securing an LC 500 cpe, in Aztec Silver with Toasted Caramel int. Amazing machine! But, that's not happening...it appears. And this dealer MSRP, no price hikes.

Another example....again, Corvette production line..both shifts...shut down for at least a week. This isn't their first time. Prices are through the roof.

IF my Type S can be confirmed that it will be built, I will take it. But, Acura only tells them....build dates. My Mgr. will try and push the Reg/Dist. Sales Mgr to find out on my
order. We'll see. Now, IF I get lucky on the LC 500...I'll take it, but, I don't see that happening. They now are in worse shape it seems than Acura.
Yeah I understand and now that my current TLX has "went to heaven" I am now getting alittle antsy about getting my hands on a Tiger Eye Pearl w/Ebony Interior Type-S.... if not a Modern Steel w/Red Interior if push comes to shove. Now I been looking at some of the competition but I don't wanna spend $60k on a BMW M340i, not really sold all the way on the Genesis G70.... Used TLX-Ss are asking too much $$$ (more than msrp) and not sure I have enough leverage to offer a lower price for them. If all else fail's I will hold out until summer or just find me a well maintained 2018 - 2020 TLX A-Spec AWD other than that those would be my 2 last ditch options.
Old 03-25-2022, 06:33 PM
Pro

Received 542 Likes on 265 Posts
Yeah I understand and now that my current TLX has "went to heaven" I am now getting alittle antsy about getting my hands on a Tiger Eye Pearl w/Ebony Interior Type-S.... if not a Modern Steel w/Red Interior if push comes to shove. Now I been looking at some of the competition but I don't wanna spend $60k on a BMW M340i, not really sold all the way on the Genesis G70.... Used TLX-Ss are asking too much $$$ (more than msrp) and not sure I have enough leverage to offer a lower price for them. If all else fail's I will hold out until summer or just find me a well maintained 2018 - 2020 TLX A-Spec AWD other than that those would be my 2 last ditch options.
Wait for the S, it will be worth it. Perhaps, get a beater to get by. You will regret getting the Aspec and will eventually trade it in at a loss. Yes, Acura is having delays but they will come through. The market is not going to recover for a long time. Few months will pass quick.
MarcoTLX (03-25-2022)

Quick Reply: Wait times for Type S