Track day! Results

Search this Thread

Old Today | 02:04 PM
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Track day! Results

Where to begin! First off, I want to thank Blaine, one of the guys on here for coming out to witness all of this stupid fun! You can ask him....he'll tell you...it was epic!!!

So first off: I've been on 2 track in my life, last year out in Vegas, a 1.3 mile roadcourse with some high end machines! And today. I used to autocross when I was a kit...maybe 35 years ago?! So by no means am I 'seasoned' but...I think I missed my calling. I've never been the Nelson Ledges. It's a FAST course. Fastest course this side of the Mississippi. So power and torque is critical to pull out of the fast sweeping corners and down the front straight!

I was nervous. Didn't want to look like a fool with my 'suped up' 4 door sedan! But as we eased around the track following the instructor for 3 laps, just getting a feel for lines and such....I felt better. The mix of cars was pretty epic: Audi R8, 2 new vettes, M2's, S4's....there were about 10+ cars in my group that went out throughout the day.

Other contenders? Subaru BRZ, VW beetle!?, Mustang GT, some new and older Porsche and then a few club racers that were in the test and tune. So around 25 cars total in the 'street car' category....

So first off let's talk parts:

Brakes: COOKED! The rotors did fine, but the factory pads are SHOT! LOL. Type S is a fat heavy car dammit! I had my red "brake" light come on twice by the end of 2 of the 3 sessions....and they are gone up front. Things were smoldering! LOL

Suspension/Handling: The TEIN springs with factory stuts did fantastic! The big fat heavy Type S handles superbly....better than I could have imagined, truly. An the AWD system is phenomenal! It almost felt like there was a pivot point right in the middle of the car, I could feel the back end just move around from left to right, putting me in the correct spot on the corners. BTW, I ran it in SPORT+ and SPORT mode on the pushbutton.

Transmission: FLAWLESS! I NEVER thought to myself that I was in the wrong gear....it downshifted to redline and kept me in the powerband EVERY...SINGLE....CORNER/Straight/Apex....superb!

Tires: hahaha....these Vredestein Hypertrac Verti+ are WICKED! Not a scrub, not a squeal! Astounding summer tire for sure!

Tune: So this is where the car REALLY shined. it was FAST. yeah, best time was a 1:22.60 according to Dragy! Which puts me UNOFFICIALLY in the top 20 lap times! Top speed I hit was 119 mph. And the car was perfect! not a hitch, not a hiccup....nothing. Just....FAST!

So more on that: Not one car passed me the entire day. I hung with the: R8, 2 new vettes, M2, Audi S4, Mustang GT, and then passed them as this car was BETTER in the corners....and just as fast or faster in the straights. How the Type S hung with the Audi R8 and Vettes on the straights is beyond me, but I had to let up a bit. Ask Blaine! LOL...he was laughing his ass off. Every lap one of them was in front, tying to lose me and then would just give up and wave me past...it was sooooo epic!

The guy in the R8 asked "hey, was that you in the white Acura??" I said "yup..." he just laughed and said "I'm not quite sure how I couldn't lose you...."

Anyway....it was a blast messing with the Euros! Not so great after all....but then, it's all in the driver as well? I didn't thinkI was THAT good at racing, with only 2 tracks, now, under my belt. But one thing was for sure? I have no fear. I threw that car around sooo hard and so fast and it just stuck like glue. What a eye opening experience with a big heavy sedan!

Can't wait to email the Lambda guys!!

Pics and video coming soon......

Old Today | 03:18 PM
Advanced

this thing sounds wicked! Too bad the video got cut a little short....turn the volume UPPPP!!!

Last edited by TypeSbuilder; Today at 03:32 PM.
Old Today | 04:18 PM
Professional Sh1tposter

Received 61 Likes on 41 Posts
Nice write up. Just my two pessimistic cents:
-if tires didn’t squeal you didn’t push it to the limit in the corners
-if a R8 can’t lose TLX then the R8 driver didn’t know what the hell he was doing
The following users liked this post:
PRP5150 (Today)
Old Today | 04:36 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Baksju
Nice write up. Just my two pessimistic cents:
-if tires didn’t squeal you didn’t push it to the limit in the corners
-if a R8 can’t lose TLX then the R8 driver didn’t know what the hell he was doing
Thanks….

or….. if the tires are just that sticky… Look at the lap time. It was fast. And I may have heard a little bit of something… But there was no tire squeal. At least not like I thought there would be.

and bad driver or not… He should’ve at least taken me in the straights! lol. The guy that came with me was laughing his ass off.

then we have the two Corvettes… And the M2…

still beside myself with at how well that car drives for being big fat and heavy
Old Today | 05:19 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,449 Likes on 1,893 Posts
Originally Posted by TypeSbuilder
Thanks….

or….. if the tires are just that sticky… Look at the lap time. It was fast. And I may have heard a little bit of something… But there was no tire squeal. At least not like I thought there would be.

and bad driver or not… He should’ve at least taken me in the straights! lol. The guy that came with me was laughing his ass off.

then we have the two Corvettes… And the M2…

still beside myself with at how well that car drives for being big fat and heavy
The Hypertrac line is an all-season tire, not a summer tire. Hell, it's a 500TW tire. The Ultrac line is their summer tire line.

Upon closer inspection, it looks like you have the Ultrac Vorti+ tires, not Hypertrac.

Last edited by fiatlux; Today at 05:23 PM.
Old Today | 05:45 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by fiatlux
The Hypertrac line is an all-season tire, not a summer tire. Hell, it's a 500TW tire. The Ultrac line is their summer tire line.

Upon closer inspection, it looks like you have the Ultrac Vorti+ tires, not Hypertrac.
yes. The summer tires. Did I put the wrong one??
Old Today | 06:28 PM
Advanced

Yes....wrong tire! Those are my winter tires....ULTRAC VORTI+ is the tire I run around town and at the track...