TLX Type S - Take it or leave it!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2021, 05:39 PM
Some Guy Who Loves Cars

Received 280 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Pac
That's why I say this isn't Acura forum. This is a bashing forum. Instead of congratulating someone for their purchase, and wishing them a good time. Here you get why did you buy Acura. you should have bought an Elantra lol! Anyway, watch BMW vs. Accord drag race!
Bruh. Anyone who comes on here to say "I was in the market and test drove A, B, C and the Type S. I'm happy to say I chose the Type S!" would get a genuine "congrats!" from many users. Go look at other threads for proof. In fact, in this post right here I congratulated GhostTL09 on his tiger eye pearl Type S. That guy shared some nice pics of his nice new car.

Meanwhile, this OP here gloats about how Acura is the TEH BEST AUTOMAKER EVERRR and the FUCK ALL YALL DA TYPE S IS TEH EPIC SHIZZLE!! I mean, just look at his last post. Like some absolute fucking jackass in his neighborhood making his neighbors wives, who couldn't care less about his car, shake their heads and call the cops. Nice dumbfuckery bruh. PS those women don't give a rats ass about the sound of your exhaust. Doubt me? Try pulling over and ask them.

Last edited by someguy11; 07-19-2021 at 05:44 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by someguy11:
04WDPSeDaN (07-19-2021), BEAR-AvHistory (07-20-2021), DubPK (07-19-2021), justnspace (07-20-2021)
Old 07-19-2021, 06:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 672 Likes on 417 Posts
I can see the latest FB group now. "Moms Against That Bastard in His Acura"
The following 2 users liked this post by leomio2.0:
BEAR-AvHistory (07-20-2021), someguy11 (07-19-2021)
Old 07-19-2021, 07:28 PM
®

Received 473 Likes on 224 Posts
Originally Posted by Ghostof TypeS Past
Again take it or leave it. It’s not up for debate.. Four of you have had your membership to the “Acura Dudez” revoked - for life….

Aside from having a little light spirited fun since delivery and over the weekend, today I got to actually drive the car on my normal work route to and from, stopped by Acura to pick up my floor matts and ran small errands on the way home.

Wow!!! It’s even better than I thought. After I got to work, I received a message from my wife which was a video of her coming to investigate what the hell was happening in the garage when I was leaving for work today. Oh yeah, it was that open exhaust valve and high idle at startup, sounding like a beast!!!

A few notes - my neighbor buddy down the block gets jealous of my toys so I put it in sport mode when I whip past his house, and I know all the moms love the deep growl of my sporty sedan whizzing past their toddlers only a few feet from the road.

If you haven’t driven this car for your daily purpose, you have no idea what you’re missing. Every turn, entrance ramp, exit ramp, driving by one of my favorite cars (04-08 TL), was BETTER’ in every way.

Honda made a great Package overall. Pissed me off about the surround view, but for $60k all said and done, it’s a great ride. Looks great, it’s a great car for me. Being a long time Honda/Acura owner, I expect a car that makes me feel good. This is it. I’ve waited a long enough for the next best thing and after driving many cars, finally, it’s here.

If you own a Type S, AND aren’t appreciative of what Honda did for us, I’m not really interested in hearing you. Go take that elsewhere(every other thread but this one) Also not interested in hearing from users that discount my personal experience.

I get breakfast in bed occasionally… I’m sure that’s so unbelievable to some. I rushed out the door extra early to find a good place to park at work to prevent risk of door dings.. no time to be fed with this much excitement!!!

Thanks Acura family. More to come!

The following 2 users liked this post by loki:
04WDPSeDaN (07-20-2021), someguy11 (07-19-2021)
Old 07-19-2021, 07:31 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Lol. Super harsh community. Get hated on for telling a genuine story - get hated on for telling a ridiculous story. Love it!!! Thanks for the props!!!

The cringe you felt was the same cringe I feel every time I get a notification that someone has replied to a post on acurazine, I open it, and some idiot is just a complete douche about everything related to this car, nobody’s allowed to like the car for some reason because there’s “something better.”

A user posts a picture of their type S keys, someone replies with a pitcure of their BMW key. Straight trash.

At one point the forums were a place people could inform each other and discuss one thing we have in common and enjoy: Acura. Now a days it’s just trash

Nobody can enjoy anything or be excited about something without being wrong. I cannot believe more people don’t like whizzing past hot moms and their toddlers!!
Careful which forum or group you consider trash. Acurazine is far from trash, even with the cheer-leading squad here.

That's why I say this isn't Acura forum. This is a bashing forum. Instead of congratulating someone for their purchase, and wishing them a good time. Here you get why did you buy Acura. you should have bought an Elantra lol! Anyway, watch BMW vs. Accord drag race!
Baktash, didn't you make a smart ass comment today about the Stinger? You are far from any form of a car enthusiast. You and a few others here is what sums up the current generation of what is called the "car community"

But fun fact, on that same group you like to run your mouth, your pals quite often say "YoU shOuLd BuY A CoRoLa or HyUnDaI" and yes, let's all watch the drag race between an Accord sport vs base trim 3 series and puff our chests because Honda FTW.

Another wonderful member here who hasn't bought anything new since the worst TL ever produced but has a lot of smart ass things to say. You're no better since you run your mouth and bash anything that's not PRO Honda or Acura.

Last edited by 04WDPSeDaN; 07-19-2021 at 07:34 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by 04WDPSeDaN:
BEAR-AvHistory (07-20-2021), Ghostof TypeS Past (07-19-2021), pyrodan007 (07-20-2021), someguy11 (07-19-2021)
Old 07-19-2021, 07:53 PM
Pro

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts
Can we stick to the topic like OP requested. Take the trash talk to the the DM please we don’t care!!!!!!!!!
The following 5 users liked this post by djhtsx:
a35tl (07-19-2021), DJ Iceman (07-20-2021), Ghostof TypeS Past (07-19-2021), Legend2TL (07-20-2021), Shadow2056 (07-20-2021)
Old 07-19-2021, 07:55 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,146 Likes on 818 Posts
Hey guys, someone buys a car he/she wants to buy and enjoys his/her choice very much.

You enjoys the car(s) you bought, while others enjoys the car(s) they bought. I don't see why there is a problem with it.

Please respect others the same way you want others to respect you.

The following 3 users liked this post by Edward'TLS:
clpassenubye (07-20-2021), Ghostof TypeS Past (07-19-2021), Shadow2056 (07-20-2021)
Old 07-19-2021, 08:01 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Originally Posted by djhtsx
Can we stick to the topic like OP requested. Take the trash talk to the the DM please we don’t care!!!!!!!!!
Take it up with a moderator.
Old 07-19-2021, 08:17 PM
Instructor

Received 117 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by someguy11
FUCK ALL YALL DA TYPE S IS TEH EPIC SHIZZLE!!
Agreed…
Old 07-19-2021, 08:17 PM
Instructor

Received 337 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
Hey guys, someone buys a car he/she wants to buy and enjoys his/her choice very much.

You enjoys the car(s) you bought, while others enjoys the car(s) they bought. I don't see why there is a problem with it.

Please respect others the same way you want others to respect you.
Nobody was mocking him for buying the car or enjoying said car, he was being mocked for talking like a child. Hyperbole or not talking about 'whizzing past toddlers in their yards' and 'moms love exhaust' and whatever other juvenile garbage was in that post is why he's getting a hard time.
The following 10 users liked this post by DubPK:
04WDPSeDaN (07-20-2021), BEAR-AvHistory (07-20-2021), DJ Iceman (07-20-2021), dj5 (07-20-2021), Jim2301 (07-22-2021), justnspace (07-20-2021), loki (07-19-2021), Neroanthony (07-21-2021), pyrodan007 (07-20-2021), someguy11 (07-19-2021) and 5 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-19-2021, 08:24 PM
®

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
Careful which forum or group you consider trash. Acurazine is far from trash, even with the cheer-leading squad here.

Baktash, didn't you make a smart ass comment today about the Stinger? You are far from any form of a car enthusiast. You and a few others here is what sums up the current generation of what is called the "car community"

But fun fact, on that same group you like to run your mouth, your pals quite often say "YoU shOuLd BuY A CoRoLa or HyUnDaI" and yes, let's all watch the drag race between an Accord sport vs base trim 3 series and puff our chests because Honda FTW.

Another wonderful member here who hasn't bought anything new since the worst TL ever produced but has a lot of smart ass things to say. You're no better since you run your mouth and bash anything that's not PRO Honda or Acura.

Old 07-19-2021, 08:32 PM
Instructor

Who said hot moms don’t like exhausts? To each his own, moms are only hot if they like exhaust notes.
Old 07-19-2021, 08:36 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 562 Likes on 293 Posts
Can you post more pics of your car? All you showed us was an exhaust flap.
Old 07-19-2021, 09:55 PM
®

Who said hot moms don’t like exhausts? To each his own, moms are only hot if they like exhaust notes.

BEAR-AvHistory (07-20-2021), justnspace (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 01:33 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
You that desperate for support you have to suck-up to the class clown. My "likes" are in his post #1. Then he went off his meds & went bat shit

Seems like some the most vocal have not opened their wallets for Acura is a while.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 07-20-2021 at 01:39 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by BEAR-AvHistory:
04WDPSeDaN (07-20-2021), dj5 (07-20-2021), loki (07-20-2021), pyrodan007 (07-20-2021), someguy11 (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 07:03 AM
Intermediate

Received 82 Likes on 26 Posts
There is a weird vibe about this forum. I said something about preferring the TLX over a G70 3.3T and some Hyundai driver felt comfortable telling me how great his car was....on an Acura forum. If I thought his car was worth owning, I'd have bought one and I would never go to a Hyundai site and talk smack about how great my new Acura (or BMW when I had one) was. To me, the mods should be looking for folks like Mr. G70 and let them know that if he loves his G70 so much, go to a Hyundai forum to circle jerk with his friends. The G70 is a fine car, but I don't come to an Acura themed site to hear how much he loves his car. When I was on a BMW site, anyone who went past a first post about another brand would likely be laughed at. FWIW, that site was filled with posts acknowledging that BMW's were a financially poor decision that would inevitably lead to significant maintenance and repair costs. So there was some self-deprecation too.

Some would argue that the outside perspective is good and that's probably true, but it is weird to see people get angry at the notion that non-Acura drivers might think an Acura TLX looks cool enough to take a picture of it. I know that I've never taken a picture of a TLX in admiration, but I don't understand the anger when someone suggests that it happened.
The following 8 users liked this post by flatlandtlx:
a35tl (07-20-2021), F23A4 (07-20-2021), Furnace (07-20-2021), Ghostof TypeS Past (07-20-2021), Honda430 (07-20-2021), Jim2301 (07-22-2021), Legend2TL (07-20-2021), WTF.Acura (07-20-2021) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-20-2021, 07:20 AM

Received 1,405 Likes on 636 Posts
Let's keep it civil here or we lock this one down - no need for personal attacks or name calling etc etc.
The following 5 users liked this post by CheeseyPoofs McNut:
a35tl (07-20-2021), clpassenubye (07-20-2021), DJ Iceman (07-20-2021), Legend2TL (07-20-2021), Shadow2056 (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 07:24 AM
®

Originally Posted by CheeseyPoofs McNut
Let's keep it civil here or we lock this one down - no need for personal attacks or name calling etc etc.
Civility is overrated. Driving recklessly next to 4 year old kids is not.
Old 07-20-2021, 08:36 AM
Car Enthusiast

Received 175 Likes on 89 Posts
A user posts a picture of their type S keys, someone replies with a pitcure of their BMW key. Straight trash.

At one point the forums were a place people could inform each other and discuss one thing we have in common and enjoy: Acura. Now a days it’s just trash.

Nobody can enjoy anything or be excited about something without being wrong. I cannot believe more people don’t like whizzing past hot moms and their toddlers!!
Dude, this is a general discussion sub-forum for TL/TLX and it's far from trash. You will either get likes or called out depends on your post. I am sure the other members are just like me, I don't have the TL in my driveway anymore, but we still have that TL in the family and 4 Accords (including the 2.0T). I have not left this forum because of the people here, and from time to time I find useful information among the posts.

Please correct me if I am wrong about the photo of the Type-S key. The other member and I replied with our non-Type-S key fobs in replied to the keychain, correct?
Old 07-20-2021, 09:01 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Originally Posted by flatlandtlx
There is a weird vibe about this forum. I said something about preferring the TLX over a G70 3.3T and some Hyundai driver felt comfortable telling me how great his car was....on an Acura forum. If I thought his car was worth owning, I'd have bought one and I would never go to a Hyundai site and talk smack about how great my new Acura (or BMW when I had one) was. To me, the mods should be looking for folks like Mr. G70 and let them know that if he loves his G70 so much, go to a Hyundai forum to circle jerk with his friends. The G70 is a fine car, but I don't come to an Acura themed site to hear how much he loves his car. When I was on a BMW site, anyone who went past a first post about another brand would likely be laughed at. FWIW, that site was filled with posts acknowledging that BMW's were a financially poor decision that would inevitably lead to significant maintenance and repair costs. So there was some self-deprecation too.

Some would argue that the outside perspective is good and that's probably true, but it is weird to see people get angry at the notion that non-Acura drivers might think an Acura TLX looks cool enough to take a picture of it. I know that I've never taken a picture of a TLX in admiration, but I don't understand the anger when someone suggests that it happened.
Hi, I see you're new around here so let me shed some light to what is going on. Acurazine is one of the best if not the best forum out there. A lot of us "OG's" have been here even prior this becoming Acurazine. What happened since the golden days? Well, like most, a lot of members here bought other brands but continue to stay on this forum, which isn't against any rules. Why you may ask? Well, because a lot of us here have become great friends and continue to post in other sections like ramblings, ect. Acurazine has a vast of great members who are some of the best enthusiast and shed some great knowledge. If you're looking more for a specific group that share the same mentality as yourself, look no further than the "Acura TLX Generation 2" Facebook group. Thank you for stopping on by
The following 2 users liked this post by 04WDPSeDaN:
Ghostof TypeS Past (07-20-2021), loki (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 09:32 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,172 Likes on 2,590 Posts

Totally agree it's weird to see some of the consistent hate and negative posting from a select group on the 2G forum no matter what is being discussed.
Then many of them rapidly complain of many fanboys saying the 2G TLX is the best, there seems to be relatively few posting from them compared to those consistently posting negative comments.

From my observation it appears the vast majority (myself included) on this forum see the car for what it is. It's also good to see posting from people who've acquired a 2G and their thoughts on actual ownership and driving experience.

Last edited by Legend2TL; 07-20-2021 at 09:34 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Legend2TL:
a35tl (07-20-2021), Ghostof TypeS Past (07-20-2021), WTF.Acura (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 09:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 708 Likes on 325 Posts
Can any of the Canadian members here confirm if the Type S has been delivered to any Canadian customers yet?
Old 07-20-2021, 10:16 AM
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
Can any of the Canadian members here confirm if the Type S has been delivered to any Canadian customers yet?
In the possession thread and who here actually purchased a type-s, there are i think 3 people so far from the forums who shown they got theirs, so yes.
Old 07-20-2021, 10:17 AM
®

Hi, I see you're new around here so let me shed some light to what is going on. Acurazine is one of the best if not the best forum out there. A lot of us "OG's" have been here even prior this becoming Acurazine. What happened since the golden days? Well, like most, a lot of members here bought other brands but continue to stay on this forum, which isn't against any rules. Why you may ask? Well, because a lot of us here have become great friends and continue to post in other sections like ramblings, ect. Acurazine has a vast of great members who are some of the best enthusiast and shed some great knowledge. If you're looking more for a specific group that share the same mentality as yourself, look no further than the "Acura TLX Generation 2" Facebook group. Thank you for stopping on by
Here's a little throwback to a meet we did about 15 years ago (give or take) at Wilson Skate Park in Chicago, IL. I wonder how many of these OGs are still on the forum. I'm third from the left with elbow on the mirror of my 2003 TL. It was a 2nd/3rd gen TL meet but we had guests such as an RSX, BMW, few Accords, few TSX...Guy next to me in a sweater and baseball hat converted his 2nd Gen TL to Japanese spec model and even changed the nameplate from TL to Inspire. Car was unbelievably well done. Good times...

The following 5 users liked this post by loki:
04WDPSeDaN (07-20-2021), BOWA41 (07-21-2021), Ghostof TypeS Past (07-20-2021), KrylonBlue (07-20-2021), vhtran (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 10:44 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SRB-TL
Here's a little throwback to a meet we did about 15 years ago (give or take) at Wilson Skate Park in Chicago, IL. I wonder how many of these OGs are still on the forum. I'm third from the left with elbow on the mirror of my 2003 TL. It was a 2nd/3rd gen TL meet but we had guests such as an RSX, BMW, few Accords, few TSX...Guy next to me in a sweater and baseball hat converted his 2nd Gen TL to Japanese spec model and even changed the nameplate from TL to Inspire. Car was unbelievably well done. Good times...
I get that there might be some folks from before who have newer cars from different brands and all that, but trashing the TLX in favor of a G70 on an Acura board is just bizarre behavior. I was a member of Bimmerfest for seven years but you will not see me over their trolling on their board to talk smack about Honda/Acura reliability compared to BMW's. Of course, it doesn't help that Acura has created a certain amount of negativity by failing to properly understand that with the current performance and horsepower wars going on in the automobile industry, rolling out a car that gets smoked by all of its real competition wasn't the best way to win over a fanbase. Again....just a weird vibe by some of the posters on this board where they seem to be angry that people are excited about a car that failed to meet their expectations.
The following 4 users liked this post by flatlandtlx:
a35tl (07-20-2021), F23A4 (07-20-2021), Ghostof TypeS Past (07-20-2021), WTF.Acura (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 10:46 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Wonderful photo! Thank you for sharing. Reminds me of the best times around Acurazine (2006-2009). I really miss some of the biggest Acura meets we've had. I'm the last remaining OG 3rd gen TL owner since starting out with the group of people I personally knew from here. A lot of them are still active here but no longer own Acura's. They admire the dedication I had to keeping my TL in the showroom condition is it.
The following 3 users liked this post by 04WDPSeDaN:
BEAR-AvHistory (07-20-2021), Ghostof TypeS Past (07-20-2021), loki (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 10:53 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

I get that there might be some folks from before who have newer cars from different brands and all that, but trashing the TLX in favor of a G70 on an Acura board is just bizarre behavior. I was a member of Bimmerfest for seven years but you will not see me over their trolling on their board to talk smack about Honda/Acura reliability compared to BMW's. Of course, it doesn't help that Acura has created a certain amount of negativity by failing to properly understand that with the current performance and horsepower wars going on in the automobile industry, rolling out a car that gets smoked by all of its real competition wasn't the best way to win over a fanbase. Again....just a weird vibe by some of the posters on this board where they seem to be angry that people are excited about a car that failed to meet their expectations.
It's a matter of opinion if the G70 is better or not.. Some like the G70 and some don't. Some like the TLX and some don't..

You summed it up why loyal Acura members are upset with Acura. Again, a matter of opinion. Just because I'm not a fan of Acura right now doesn't mean i'm a hater or don't have the right to voice my opinion or post here. Hence why I suggested you join a group more Pro Acura aka good vibes only where opinions and valid facts don't matter..
The following 2 users liked this post by 04WDPSeDaN:
BEAR-AvHistory (07-20-2021), Ghostof TypeS Past (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 10:56 AM
®

I did no such thing (bashing TLX over G70). Here's my take on TLX, irrelevant to G70, S4, or whatever. Too little, too late. The concept was released 6 years ago in Dec of 2015. Final product is maybe 40% accurate from outside and 1% inside. Car took too long to come to market (irrelevant to covid). 1st Gen TLX was in production 6 long years and it was outdated even when it came out, let alone in 2020 when it finally died. 2nd Gen is better but not great. What more do you need than fake marketing of digitally enhancing image of TLX cornering and adding CGI smoke to make it look like it's drifting. They sacrificed interior space so they can make giant axle to dash ratio to make it look RWD. Interior has less space than last gen Civic. Rear seats have less space than Honda Fit! Yes, look it up. The car is insanely heavily without any logical explanation. My old 2016 Accord 2.4L 6MT is faster to 60 MPH with it's 189HP than the 2.0T in the TLX with it's alleged 270+ HP. Why is a car so small so heavy? Base price went up $5000 from last gen's. Why? Base TLX stripped of almost all options is more expensive than Accord Touring 2.0T that has everything you can imagine, plus some. In order to get Accord Touring interior features on the TLX, you have to go to Advance trim that is $15K more than the Accord. Even Type S doesn't have what Accord offers like HUD and rear heated seats. Stupidity at it's finest. Let me paint you a picture. A well-off financially buyers walks in Acura showroom and says I'd like to buy your best sedan with all your features. Salesman says sure, we got this TLX Advance right here. The buyer says yeah but I'd like the upgraded V6 instead of the I4. Salesman says, sure, here's a Type S. The buyer says well where are the features from the Advance 2.0T? Salesman says well they're not available. Buyer says so either I have to sacrifice on features or on powertrain? I can't have both? Ok, thanks...bye. Walks across the street to Lexus and gets all that in one package. Do you get it now?
The following users liked this post:
BEAR-AvHistory (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 11:52 AM
Intermediate

I did no such thing (bashing TLX over G70). Here's my take on TLX, irrelevant to G70, S4, or whatever. Too little, too late. The concept was released 6 years ago in Dec of 2015. Final product is maybe 40% accurate from outside and 1% inside. Car took too long to come to market (irrelevant to covid). 1st Gen TLX was in production 6 long years and it was outdated even when it came out, let alone in 2020 when it finally died. 2nd Gen is better but not great. What more do you need than fake marketing of digitally enhancing image of TLX cornering and adding CGI smoke to make it look like it's drifting. They sacrificed interior space so they can make giant axle to dash ratio to make it look RWD. Interior has less space than last gen Civic. Rear seats have less space than Honda Fit! Yes, look it up. The car is insanely heavily without any logical explanation. My old 2016 Accord 2.4L 6MT is faster to 60 MPH with it's 189HP than the 2.0T in the TLX with it's alleged 270+ HP. Why is a car so small so heavy? Base price went up $5000 from last gen's. Why? Base TLX stripped of almost all options is more expensive than Accord Touring 2.0T that has everything you can imagine, plus some. In order to get Accord Touring interior features on the TLX, you have to go to Advance trim that is $15K more than the Accord. Even Type S doesn't have what Accord offers like HUD and rear heated seats. Stupidity at it's finest. Let me paint you a picture. A well-off financially buyers walks in Acura showroom and says I'd like to buy your best sedan with all your features. Salesman says sure, we got this TLX Advance right here. The buyer says yeah but I'd like the upgraded V6 instead of the I4. Salesman says, sure, here's a Type S. The buyer says well where are the features from the Advance 2.0T? Salesman says well they're not available. Buyer says so either I have to sacrifice on features or on powertrain? I can't have both? Ok, thanks...bye. Walks across the street to Lexus and gets all that in one package. Do you get it now?
I wasn't talking about you bashing the TLX compared to the G70. That happened in a different thread by someone else. BTW, unless you've modded the hell out of your 2.4L Accord, you are delusional if you think it's faster than a 2G TLX. Car and Driver tested the 2016 Accord with the 2.4L Manual and it took 7.0 seconds 0-60 and 15.5 seconds in the 1/4 mile. They did another test where it hit 6.6 seconds and 15.2 seconds in the 1/4. Outside of Motor Trend's astonishingly bad test, everyone else is getting the 2021 TLX to do 0-60 in around 5.8-5.9 seconds with a 1/4 mile time in the mid 14's. So again, unless you've modded your car a lot, there is no way that it's faster than any 2021 TLX other than the jank one the Motor Trend had. I haven't timed my car, but I guarantee that it's below 6 seconds. FWIW, I used to have a 535xi that would run around 5.2 seconds and the TLX is noticeably slower than that.

As far as the 2G TLX goes, there were a number of design decisions made that were questionable, most of which you listed. You are absolutely correct that it's a bit mindboggling to see Honda do such a great job with the Accord and put themselves in the position where their own car is a better value proposition when compared to the TLX. And Acura definitely missed the boat in not offering a Type S Advance with the extra features. I think everybody agrees with that. I would not have paid MSRP for my 2021 TLX A-Spec. I was 100% ready to buy a 2021 Accord Touring when I decided to check out the TLX. When someone questions why someone would buy a car like the TLX that clearly performs worse than the Accord, I can tell you that it comes down to personal taste. I loved the idea of the practicality and relatively cheap performance of the Accord....but I was very lukewarm on the exterior styling. On the interior, there was no comparison between the Accord and the TLX. The Accord has a very practical but econobox-like interior. The TLX interior is freakin' great. I spent about $3k more for my TLX than I could have gotten an Accord for but when it came to the exterior and interior styling....it was an extremely easy choice. Despite all of the questionable design decisions, I do believe that Acura created a car that straddles a middle ground of luxury and performance at a reasonably decent price in a good way. It looks far better on the outside than the G70, ES350 and A4. It performs well enough to be fun on its own merits. It's a great car even if it falls short of what it could have been.

The thing that I think that you should be asking yourself is if there is a real point in you coming onto the 2021 second generation board and taking a dump on the car and its fans? Maybe it feels good to troll people. Maybe you just hate the car that much. I don't know...but I hope you find personal value in it.
F23A4 (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 12:40 PM
Intermediate

Received 74 Likes on 15 Posts
I picked up my Apex Blue Pearl on Friday, July 16. I'll post my initial thoughts and review soon. Trying to get to 1000km before I do.

Four other Type S's were delivered before me. Copper, White, Black and I don't know the other colour.

Last edited by Furnace; 07-20-2021 at 12:43 PM.
SebringSilver (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 12:57 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

I wasn't talking about you bashing the TLX compared to the G70. That happened in a different thread by someone else. BTW, unless you've modded the hell out of your 2.4L Accord, you are delusional if you think it's faster than a 2G TLX. Car and Driver tested the 2016 Accord with the 2.4L Manual and it took 7.0 seconds 0-60 and 15.5 seconds in the 1/4 mile. They did another test where it hit 6.6 seconds and 15.2 seconds in the 1/4. Outside of Motor Trend's astonishingly bad test, everyone else is getting the 2021 TLX to do 0-60 in around 5.8-5.9 seconds with a 1/4 mile time in the mid 14's. So again, unless you've modded your car a lot, there is no way that it's faster than any 2021 TLX other than the jank one the Motor Trend had. I haven't timed my car, but I guarantee that it's below 6 seconds. FWIW, I used to have a 535xi that would run around 5.2 seconds and the TLX is noticeably slower than that.

As far as the 2G TLX goes, there were a number of design decisions made that were questionable, most of which you listed. You are absolutely correct that it's a bit mindboggling to see Honda do such a great job with the Accord and put themselves in the position where their own car is a better value proposition when compared to the TLX. And Acura definitely missed the boat in not offering a Type S Advance with the extra features. I think everybody agrees with that. I would not have paid MSRP for my 2021 TLX A-Spec. I was 100% ready to buy a 2021 Accord Touring when I decided to check out the TLX. When someone questions why someone would buy a car like the TLX that clearly performs worse than the Accord, I can tell you that it comes down to personal taste. I loved the idea of the practicality and relatively cheap performance of the Accord....but I was very lukewarm on the exterior styling. On the interior, there was no comparison between the Accord and the TLX. The Accord has a very practical but econobox-like interior. The TLX interior is freakin' great. I spent about $3k more for my TLX than I could have gotten an Accord for but when it came to the exterior and interior styling....it was an extremely easy choice. Despite all of the questionable design decisions, I do believe that Acura created a car that straddles a middle ground of luxury and performance at a reasonably decent price in a good way. It looks far better on the outside than the G70, ES350 and A4. It performs well enough to be fun on its own merits. It's a great car even if it falls short of what it could have been.

The thing that I think that you should be asking yourself is if there is a real point in you coming onto the 2021 second generation board and taking a dump on the car and its fans? Maybe it feels good to troll people. Maybe you just hate the car that much. I don't know...but I hope you find personal value in it.
You do realize that MT does 0-60 tests on a prepared track. They do several runs and out use the best numbers from their runs. For the majority rest of us, we don't drive on a prepared track. There are real world Draggy times of the TLX 2.0T (FWD/AWD) doing on average doing 0-60 in 6.5 to 7.3 Granted there is aftermarket support for the 2.0T like a tune which will help.. I get your passionate about the brand but we aren't professional drivers on a prepared track. AHC tuned TLX with downpipe broke 6.1 in 0-60 and 1/4 in 14.3

Last edited by 04WDPSeDaN; 07-20-2021 at 01:02 PM.
Old 07-20-2021, 01:20 PM
®

I would be careful throwing around "delusional" if I were you. There's no scenario where stock 2.0T TLX is under 6s to 60. Go and film yourself, in any setting, in any scenario and if you break 6s, I will eat my own words. I've driven the 2.0T TLX extensively and the car is slow...slow...slow. On a amazing day, you may get 6.5. Maybe. MAYBE. My manual Accord (2016) was bone stock except KN filter (just filter, not intake). I had no problem hitting 6.5 whenever I felt like it. And even if what you said was true - you're talking about less than half a second quicker than a car with 100hp less that shares the engine (K20 and K24 are so similar, you can swap head gaskets if you wanted). Do you know how silly that sounds? As someone said, you're welcome to like your car all you want but get a grip on reality. I can tell you that my manual 6MT Accord (2.0T) that is at least half a second slower than 10AT Accord wipes the floor/asphalt with the 2.0T TLX. The TLX will lose to my Accord 10 out of 10 times. Go watch the drag between 2.0T 10AT FWD Accord and 2.0T 10AT AWD TLX...It's a disaster. And PLEASE don't try to sell me on that stupid disaster of an infotainment center with "true touch". The infotainment in Accord is 10 times more intuitive with touchscreen availability and physical buttons and guess what...it has wireless apple car play and android auto, starting with mid-range Sport trim. And you didn't take pay $3K more, because you're comparing price you paid vs Accord MSRP. Compare what Accord actually sells for, in every scenario, it's at least $10K difference. And finally...you want me to explain myself why I'm on this forum? Come back in 2034 after you've contributed 13 years on this forum and ask me that question again. Or you'll be like 99% of people who jump forums every time they change cars. I've stayed true to heart to this brand and it's parent company for decades and would love nothing more than to see them return to their glory and give me cars like the 2003 CL Type S 6MT that I used to have, or to knock everything out of the game with something like my 2006 RL. So, please...when you've had 20+ Honda/Acura cars and given the company close to million dollars in sales, come back and ask again.
04WDPSeDaN (07-20-2021), someguy11 (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 01:37 PM
Racer

Received 237 Likes on 155 Posts
I would be careful throwing around "delusional" if I were you. There's no scenario where stock 2.0T TLX is under 6s to 60. Go and film yourself, in any setting, in any scenario and if you break 6s, I will eat my own words. I've driven the 2.0T TLX extensively and the car is slow...slow...slow. On a amazing day, you may get 6.5. Maybe. MAYBE. My manual Accord (2016) was bone stock except KN filter (just filter, not intake).
There is not way a unmodified 2.4 4 cyl manual Accord is a mid 6s 0-60 car...ready to eat my keyboard if I see that.....the TLX 4 cyl turbo may be slow but it's not that slow....still a hair faster than my good old 2002 Maxima 6MT which would obliterate any 2.4 Accord out there...
Old 07-20-2021, 01:45 PM
®

Originally Posted by 4G-Lover
There is not way a unmodified 2.4 4 cyl manual Accord is a mid 6s 0-60 car...ready to eat my keyboard if I see that.....the TLX 4 cyl turbo may be slow but it's not that slow....still a hair faster than my good old 2002 Maxima 6MT which would obliterate any 2.4 Accord out there...
2013 Honda Accord Sport Sedan (CVT) ⓘ 7.50 sec 15.70 sec
2013 Honda Accord Sport Sedan (Manual) ⓘ 6.50 sec 15.00 sec

https://www.supercars.net/blog/honda-0-60-times/

Keep in mind the K24K2 version of the Earth Dreams motor found only in the Sport is underrated. C&D found the car putting down ~180 hp at the wheels. With the typical 15% driveline loss, the Sport’s motor probably makes ~210hp, a solid boost over the CVT motor (also shown in the substantially faster 0-60 times). The unique K2 motor was/is a hidden gem of the 9th Gen Accord.

Last edited by loki; 07-20-2021 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-20-2021, 01:50 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,172 Likes on 2,590 Posts
I would be careful throwing around "delusional" if I were you. There's no scenario where stock 2.0T TLX is under 6s to 60. Go and film yourself, in any setting, in any scenario and if you break 6s, I will eat my own words. I've driven the 2.0T TLX extensively and the car is slow...slow...slow. On a amazing day, you may get 6.5. Maybe. MAYBE. My manual Accord (2016) was bone stock except KN filter (just filter, not intake). I had no problem hitting 6.5 whenever I felt like it. And even if what you said was true - you're talking about less than half a second quicker than a car with 100hp less that shares the engine (K20 and K24 are so similar, you can swap head gaskets if you wanted). Do you know how silly that sounds? As someone said, you're welcome to like your car all you want but get a grip on reality. I can tell you that my manual 6MT Accord (2.0T) that is at least half a second slower than 10AT Accord wipes the floor/asphalt with the 2.0T TLX. The TLX will lose to my Accord 10 out of 10 times. Go watch the drag between 2.0T 10AT FWD Accord and 2.0T 10AT AWD TLX...It's a disaster. And PLEASE don't try to sell me on that stupid disaster of an infotainment center with "true touch". The infotainment in Accord is 10 times more intuitive with touchscreen availability and physical buttons and guess what...it has wireless apple car play and android auto, starting with mid-range Sport trim. And you didn't take pay $3K more, because you're comparing price you paid vs Accord MSRP. Compare what Accord actually sells for, in every scenario, it's at least $10K difference. And finally...you want me to explain myself why I'm on this forum? Come back in 2034 after you've contributed 13 years on this forum and ask me that question again. Or you'll be like 99% of people who jump forums every time they change cars. I've stayed true to heart to this brand and it's parent company for decades and would love nothing more than to see them return to their glory and give me cars like the 2003 CL Type S 6MT that I used to have, or to knock everything out of the game with something like my 2006 RL. So, please...when you've had 20+ Honda/Acura cars and given the company close to million dollars in sales, come back and ask again.
Some very reputable auto media outlets, especially John Davis and company at MotorWeek
TLX 2T 0-60MPH
Alex on Autos 5.7
MotorWeek 5.8 https://www.motorweek.org/reviews/ro...2021-acura-tlx
Car & Driver 5.9 https://www.caranddriver.com/acura/tlx
WTF.Acura (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 01:54 PM
Intermediate

You do realize that MT does 0-60 tests on a prepared track. They do several runs and out use the best numbers from their runs. For the majority rest of us, we don't drive on a prepared track. There are real world Draggy times of the TLX 2.0T (FWD/AWD) doing on average doing 0-60 in 6.5 to 7.3 Granted there is aftermarket support for the 2.0T like a tune which will help.. I get your passionate about the brand but we aren't professional drivers on a prepared track. AHC tuned TLX with downpipe broke 6.1 in 0-60 and 1/4 in 14.3
There are always different ways to test cars. One of the reasons why its a good idea to use one source (like Car & Driver) for comparisons is that they are generally using the same conditions for testing so, regardless of your real world performance, you have a good relative comparison. In that respect, I still find it impossible to believe that a 189 HP Honda is beating my TLX in a drag race. Would the race be closer than it should be? Probably,

When I say that my car is sub 6 seconds....I do mean in the context of measured times that magazine companies use. As I said before, my BMW was a car that was in the low 5's, I've also owned a Mustang GT that was in the low 5's and while my TLX isn't nearly as fast as them......it is not two seconds slower. My wife's CX-9 is supposed to do 0-60 in 7.1 seconds and while it is pretty fast......my TLX is noticeably faster. So, even though I don't have an instrumented test of my car's speed, I've driven enough cars that are in the same speed range to have a good feel for the relative performance of my TLX and it definitely falls smack in the middle of the range of those two groups. That doesn't include the hundreds of rental cars that I've driven over the years.

There's a youtuber named Sam CarLegion who ran a race between the Accord 2.0T and the 2G TLX and it's worth a watch. What you see is that in the first couple hundred feet, the AWD on the TLX allows it to get a small jump and get ahead before the Honda reels it in and beats it handily in the 1/4 mile. The thing is, watching those videos, it takes until about 6 seconds for the Honda to do that. Instrumented tests by professionals say that the Accord is 0.3 seconds faster than the TLX from 0-60 and watching the comparison videos....that looks right. Around 6 seconds is when it is starting to pull away from the TLX. There is no way that the Accord 2.0T is a full second quicker than the TLX based on those videos, which would be the kind of difference you'd need to see for a four banger Honda from 2016 to be in the conversation.

In the real world, driver ability (and give a damn) is as big of a motivator in how fast a car goes. A truly amazing driver in a 4 banger Accord against some slow reacting chump in a TLX would probably result in a win by the Honda. Drivers with similar skill are going to mean that the TLX should consistently win, particularly with the extra traction off the line. I don't fool myself into thinking the TLX is fast....because it isn't, but it isn't some slogging dog that's getting whipped by inferior cars.....it just doesn't look great when going head to head against similarly equipped competition, which is a shame in itself.
Old 07-20-2021, 02:06 PM
Intermediate

I don't doubt that your Accord punches above it's weight and it's a bit embarrassing that car that MSRP's at close to $50k would struggle to beat it. Nobody is arguing that.

If you watch the above video (a TLX against a 2.0T Accord with the 10 speed Auto), you'll see that the Accord is barely ahead of the TLX at the 6 second mark of every race and I mean barely ahead. It easily beats the TLX in the 1/4 mile by a few car lengths, but at the speeds those cars are running, that still amounts to fractions of a second. Nobody is arguing that the TLX is a world beater, but It would be interesting to see you actually race your car against a 2G TLX and see what the result is.
loki (07-21-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 02:10 PM
Racer

Received 237 Likes on 155 Posts
2013 Honda Accord Sport Sedan (CVT) ⓘ 7.50 sec 15.70 sec
2013 Honda Accord Sport Sedan (Manual) ⓘ 6.50 sec 15.00 sec

https://www.supercars.net/blog/honda-0-60-times/

Keep in mind the K24K2 version of the Earth Dreams motor found only in the Sport is underrated. C&D found the car putting down ~180 hp at the wheels. With the typical 15% driveline loss, the Sport’s motor probably makes ~210hp, a solid boost over the CVT motor (also shown in the substantially faster 0-60 times). The unique K2 motor was/is a hidden gem of the 9th Gen Accord.
I want to see a C&D test where the Accord 4 cyl 2.4 manual does 60 in 6.5.......there are not any...the best C&D could do was 7 flat 0-60......there is simply not enough grunt

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...tested-review/

The TLX 2.0 Turbo would walk all over a manual stock Accord Sport 2.4.....1 full second quicker to the 1/4 mark 5 mph faster.....

in the 5-60 test, the TLX is almost a second faster....

P.S.

Ok, my bad, I tracked down a C&D long term test where they got 6.6 zero-to-sixty out of an Accord Sport Manual and 15.2 @ 94...still not enough to beat a TLX by a long shot....

Last edited by 4G-Lover; 07-20-2021 at 02:16 PM.
WTF.Acura (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 04:53 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,146 Likes on 818 Posts
My local Canadian dealership has already delivered a white and a black Type-S sedans. Two weeks ago, a grey one arrived at the dealership, and needless to say, it was also pre-sold. There are 4 more grey Type-S sedans on order as per the "Feburary one-day, $2,500 down" pre-sale event; and it looks like this is it for the entire 2021 MY allocation.

Old 07-20-2021, 06:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 666 Likes on 359 Posts
Originally Posted by KidK
That 2012 SH-AWD comes in around 0.04 / 0.03 seconds behind the new Type-S in both the 1/4 mile and 0 to 60! New car hype might not be worth the squeeze.

Worth the looks from the 2012 and I owned a '12 Advance lol
Old 07-20-2021, 07:40 PM
Instructor

Thanks to all those that understand and for not mentioning other cars in this “Type S Only” fanboy thread. I’ve been reading some of your guys posts for years now.

I see a little bit of what’s going on here, however I still really don’t understand the point of someone (me) making a post directly asking not have have other cars mentioned, and then people mention other cars. Also don’t understand how my legitimate accounts are unbelievable but think it’s funny I’m “off my meds” for making ridiculous ones.

At the end of the day, just about everybody on this forum backs each other up but likes to have their high-school memories relived by “one upping” anything said by another user. Super cool!

Still very confused, I’m starting to develop a stain in the passenger seat after taking 3 of the neighbor moms for a ride around the block. I guess some people aren’t used to ladies that like fast cars coincidently living nearby?

Hide you kids, hide your wife, cause I’m driving down your street and whizzing past erryyybody!!!

Quick Reply: TLX Type S - Take it or leave it!!