New interior for MDX coming down to the TLX?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2024, 10:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 883 Likes on 675 Posts
Originally Posted by ELIN
The RDX checks a lot of boxes but the crappy fuel economy doesn't exactly make the car a no-brainer slam dunk!
Acura's possible road to losing weight may also hurt its identity (SHAWD, acoustic glass, etc.).
If fuel economy is high on the list the RDX probably isn't your best choice. I personally am more than willing to give up a couple MPG for SH-AWD, although I don't think SH-AWD is the source of the bad fuel economy because FWD models are barely better and with respect to weight, the RDX is actually lighter than both the X3 and the Q5. Truth be told I have literally no idea why the RDX is so thirsty. It is not even particularly powerful. I have a strong suspicion that the 10AT is way more parasitic than Honda expected.

Last edited by RDX10; 04-20-2024 at 10:47 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ELIN (04-21-2024)
Old 04-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Drifting

Received 1,231 Likes on 890 Posts
Originally Posted by RDX10
If fuel economy is high on the list the RDX probably isn't your best choice. I personally am more than willing to give up a couple MPG for SH-AWD, although I don't think SH-AWD is the source of the bad fuel economy because FWD models are barely better and with respect to weight, the RDX is actually lighter than both the X3 and the Q5. Truth be told I have literally no idea why the RDX is so thirsty. It is not even particularly powerful. I have a strong suspicion that the 10AT is way more parasitic than Honda expected.
These days, I think fuel economy is high on most everyone's list (AZ members excluded)! I agree that continuing the RDX in its present form is probably the smartest financial move for Acura and hope they've figured out that rear windshield implosion issue by now (I've owned multiple brands for nearly 30 years and have never come across that type of defect). No, the RDX won't have a "Type S" as Ikeda promised but a lot of folks had their eggs in the EV basket so Acura wasn't alone in this regard!

Getting back on topic, the new MDX infotainment won't make it to the TLX until MY27 when a new gen debuts. The current MY24 is the mid-cycle refresh and would have been the best time to do the change but they didn't. Acura went for "low hanging fruit" to make the TLX "fresh" but a new infotainment adoption is not what I'd consider "easy". It's not a simple software update as I think the MDX may be running some form of Android Automotive OS (AAOS) and not the current Android OS that has more in common w/your smartphone or tablet.

Last edited by ELIN; 04-21-2024 at 08:04 AM.
Old 04-21-2024, 09:24 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,584 Likes on 954 Posts
Originally Posted by RDX10
You should get a X3 and your life will be set Best fuel economy, free maintenance, your oil, air filters and tires will changed OTA and the car will fly when there is a lot of traffic BMW is the solution for all the miseries of car buyers!
Old 04-21-2024, 01:00 PM
Drifting

Received 1,231 Likes on 890 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Pac
You should get a X3 and your life will be set Best fuel economy, free maintenance, your oil, air filters and tires will changed OTA and the car will fly when there is a lot of traffic BMW is the solution for all the miseries of car buyers!
What's everyone's obsession w/BMW? An X3 is not going to solve everyone's problems, but it does a have global reach that Acura doesn't have.

Tony, please do your best to stay on topic. I closed my last post by trying to do the same!

Attempt #2: Acura has already admitted defeat by slowly removing the TT interface from its lineup but I fully expect all TLXs to have this until the MY27 redesign (assuming the TLX survives).
Old 04-21-2024, 02:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 883 Likes on 675 Posts
These days, I think fuel economy is high on most everyone's list (AZ members excluded)! I agree that continuing the RDX in its present form is probably the smartest financial move for Acura and hope they've figured out that rear windshield implosion issue by now (I've owned multiple brands for nearly 30 years and have never come across that type of defect). No, the RDX won't have a "Type S" as Ikeda promised but a lot of folks had their eggs in the EV basket so Acura wasn't alone in this regard!

Getting back on topic, the new MDX infotainment won't make it to the TLX until MY27 when a new gen debuts. The current MY24 is the mid-cycle refresh and would have been the best time to do the change but they didn't. Acura went for "low hanging fruit" to make the TLX "fresh" but a new infotainment adoption is not what I'd consider "easy". It's not a simple software update as I think the MDX may be running some form of Android Automotive OS (AAOS) and not the current Android OS that has more in common w/your smartphone or tablet.
I don't think anyone would say no to better fuel economy, but for some people fuel economy isn't the be all end all. I would be driving a Rav4 or CRV hybrid if fuel economy was so high on my list. I live in the suburbs, if I lived in city stop and go I would definitely be more inclined to consider some of the more fuel efficient alternatives. 20 mpg (which is what most people are referring to for suburb driving in the RDX) is actually totally fine with me.

Not sure what the rear window issue has to do with anything here. It's interesting because I try and actively ignore how often someone who loathes the Acura brand seems to post on an Acura forum. Every subforum on here I find you talking shit about the cars and the brand and "oh look out for that fuel economy", or "But that rear window though", or "But Acura [insert negative statement here]" as if other cars are immune to problems and issues. I welcome people's input, both negative and positive and I am not on the Acura Koolaid - the signature I've had for the past 7-8 years now should be an indicator of that - but you consistently contribute nothing but negative input and it's getting exhausting. Then when you're rightfully called out you start reeling it back in by talking about how you just want to see the brand do well.

Also for the record we were on topic still. We're talking about the updated interface making its way on to other Acura models.

Originally Posted by Tony Pac
Lmao yeah and I can become best friends with the service department too!! I will also pull out my oil bottle tupperware container from when I owned 2 X5s and had to top up the oil every 1000k kms.

Never ever ever EVER will a BMW be in my driveway again. I don't care if it is the last brand of car on earth. Absolutely the most backwards junk I've ever owned.

What's everyone's obsession w/BMW? An X3 is not going to solve everyone's problems, but it does a have global reach that Acura doesn't have.

Tony, please do your best to stay on topic. I closed my last post by trying to do the same!

Attempt #2: Acura has already admitted defeat by slowly removing the TT interface from its lineup but I fully expect all TLXs to have this until the MY27 redesign (assuming the TLX survives).

LOL.
The following 3 users liked this post by RDX10:
a35tl (04-22-2024), frainc (04-21-2024), Legend2TL (04-23-2024)
Old 04-22-2024, 09:04 AM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Received 315 Likes on 212 Posts

So the RDX really isn't getting a Type-S trim level despite it being the Acura's models that sells quickly along with the MDX? I always thought Acura would take the Integra Type-S Powertrain and put it in the RDX with a Sport Tuned 10-Spd
Old 04-22-2024, 05:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 651 Likes on 350 Posts
Originally Posted by tony pac
you should get a x3 and your life will be set best fuel economy, free maintenance, your oil, air filters and tires will changed ota and the car will fly when there is a lot of traffic bmw is the solution for all the miseries of car buyers!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
The following 2 users liked this post by GhostTL09:
RDX10 (04-24-2024), Tony Pac (04-22-2024)
Old 04-22-2024, 07:19 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,584 Likes on 954 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostTL09
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I love the BMW flying option!
The following users liked this post:
RDX10 (04-24-2024)