New Acura Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2022, 06:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 536 Likes on 345 Posts
Originally Posted by richii0207
It’s not just Acura, it’s pretty much every brand. With my BMW, one dealer didn’t give me a loaner, another gave me a Jeep Compass, and another gave me a BMW loaner. All those jobs required numerous days (fuel pump, new transmission, oil leaks).
Yep I'm aware and I think that it's a gaping hole within the industry and why the current model could use an overhaul.

But on the same token I'm not sure why, "Everyone else does it," is the usual excuse and this could be an area where Acura sets itself apart. I didn't buy a BMW, I bought an Acura, so I'm more concerned with what they are doing.
Old 03-19-2022, 06:59 PM
Pro

Received 433 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by ESHBG
Yep I'm aware and I think that it's a gaping hole within the industry and why the current model could use an overhaul.

But on the same token I'm not sure why, "Everyone else does it," is the usual excuse and this could be an area where Acura sets itself apart. I didn't buy a BMW, I bought an Acura, so I'm more concerned with what they are doing.
I’m not using the “others do it, so it’s okay” excuse. You specifically mentioned you’re not sure why Acura does it. I was not sure if you knew that it was not a brand specific issue but an industrial one.

One has to find a good dealer near you and ask the right questions prior to purchasing a car there to ensure expectations will be met. Made sure that my dealer offers loaners for any time-lengthy services. I learned the hard way.
Old 03-20-2022, 09:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

I’m not using the “others do it, so it’s okay” excuse. You specifically mentioned you’re not sure why Acura does it. I was not sure if you knew that it was not a brand specific issue but an industrial one.

One has to find a good dealer near you and ask the right questions prior to purchasing a car there to ensure expectations will be met. Made sure that my dealer offers loaners for any time-lengthy services. I learned the hard way.
Yep I did all of this, and my Acura dealership did offer loaners and then one day stopped the practice. They also offered free state inspections when you purchased a new vehicle from them but one day stopped the practice. Other Acura dealerships in my area stopped the loaner program too. However, the Mercedes, BMW and Audi dealerships near me still do it. My area has a lot of money and it's very competitive and Acura wants to be up a level yet behaving no better than my local Honda dealership and I see common complaints like this across the U.S., they should really work on this.

Last edited by ESHBG; 03-20-2022 at 09:53 AM.
Old 03-20-2022, 11:19 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
Originally Posted by fiatlux
I don’t think there’s anything really wrong with the current Acura physical space (though definitely not as classy as the Germans), but it’s the rest of the customer experience they need to shore up. Not having a formal loaner car program is criminal if they want to be a serious player, and at least around here the after sales experience leaves a lot to be desired. Customer retention seems to be an afterthought, and it’s almost as if they’re resigned to losing customers to the Germans and Lexus as they level up.
My Acura Dealership has always had a loaner program, but then again, perhaps you can explain the use of "formal" in this context..
Old 03-20-2022, 01:10 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,429 Likes on 1,879 Posts
Originally Posted by mapleloaf
My Acura Dealership has always had a loaner program, but then again, perhaps you can explain the use of "formal" in this context..
What I mean is that Acura corporate does not have a formal or official program to support dealerships to offer loaners. Your dealership (a franchise) is offering and operating this program all on their own. That’s why some dealerships don’t offer one and others even charge for loaners.
Old 03-20-2022, 01:52 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Pac
This looks good. But my experience with Acura dealership in Canada is at par with Germans and other Japanese brands. If I am not mistaken, there is one Audi dealer that looks really good in MTL. But I have no issue with the current setup. If they improve and upgrade, why not
Yeah dealers in mtl are usually very classy and professional. The Acura dealer in Ottawa is one of the newer designs but the people there are probably on par with Dodge lol. Camco Acura has no business being on the same playing field as Lexus, bmw etc. Brossard and Laval Acura are probably the standard to follow. What Acura dealer are you talking about?
Old 03-20-2022, 02:01 PM
Drifting

Received 1,246 Likes on 904 Posts
I'm lucky the Acura dealer by me doesn't look like a Honda dealership. Only issue is loaner cars are very hard to come by.
Old 03-20-2022, 03:22 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by ELIN
I'm lucky the Acura dealer by me doesn't look like a Honda dealership. Only issue is loaner cars are very hard to come by.
I guess I’m lucky too. But I did make sure to NOT buy from one dealer.
Old 03-21-2022, 09:26 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,598 Likes on 961 Posts
Originally Posted by TLXASPEC
Yeah dealers in mtl are usually very classy and professional. The Acura dealer in Ottawa is one of the newer designs but the people there are probably on par with Dodge lol. Camco Acura has no business being on the same playing field as Lexus, bmw etc. Brossard and Laval Acura are probably the standard to follow. What Acura dealer are you talking about?
I go to Laval one for the past many years. I used to go there with my dad and then I have being buying Acuras. The staff is super nice and the dealer is top notch. They always go above and beyond to help me if I need something. I live in Westisalnd. The dealer is good and I have no issue with them. But I can't leave Laval one as they have been too good to my family and friends. If I am not mistaken, my family and friends have bought at least 10 Acuras from Laval one.

which one do you go?
Old 03-21-2022, 10:37 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm in Ottawa and I go to Camco Acura. They're not the greatest in terms of customer service, very rude and unprofessional. Unfortunately, they're the only Acura dealer in Ottawa. The next closest one is in Gatineau. At the end of the day, you're spending more time in your car than sitting at the dealership.
The following users liked this post:
Tony Pac (03-22-2022)
Old 05-01-2022, 11:47 AM
Three Wheelin'

I've been saying this for a while now and Honda/Acura will want to keep inventory low and prices high. Yes, we may see this across the industry but on the flipside this may be a great time for the others to undercut some of their competitors by doing the opposite; it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out:

Why Honda, Acura dealer showrooms may shrink

Honda and Acura dealers have been coping with sales lots that have just single digits of days’ supply.

“I joined American Honda in May of 2020, and between our Honda and Acura brands, we had roughly 400,000 vehicles in dealer inventory,” Gardner said. “Today we’re sitting with about 25,000.”

The dealer networks have become more disciplined about selling into their pipelines to keep business moving forward, he said, and that means communicating production dates and estimated arrival times to their customers.

“These are things that in a 400,000-unit inventory environment we were not worried about, because every combination we built was somewhere sitting in a dealer’s inventory,” he said. But now, he said, having a robust 60- to 75-day supply is “a completely inefficient way to run our business.”

“We’re trying to be very cognizant of the dealer’s fixed costs as we move forward and not overburden them, perhaps as we historically may have done so,” Gardner said.

Also, there are benefits to running the business with a 30-day supply, or even 20. “Certainly we’re going to try to run the business with much lower inventory than we had,” he said.

https://americannewstimes.com/news/a...ms-may-shrink/
Old 05-01-2022, 12:21 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by ESHBG
I've been saying this for a while now and Honda/Acura will want to keep inventory low and prices high. Yes, we may see this across the industry but on the flipside this may be a great time for the others to undercut some of their competitors by doing the opposite; it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out:

Why Honda, Acura dealer showrooms may shrink

Honda and Acura dealers have been coping with sales lots that have just single digits of days’ supply.

“I joined American Honda in May of 2020, and between our Honda and Acura brands, we had roughly 400,000 vehicles in dealer inventory,” Gardner said. “Today we’re sitting with about 25,000.”

The dealer networks have become more disciplined about selling into their pipelines to keep business moving forward, he said, and that means communicating production dates and estimated arrival times to their customers.

“These are things that in a 400,000-unit inventory environment we were not worried about, because every combination we built was somewhere sitting in a dealer’s inventory,” he said. But now, he said, having a robust 60- to 75-day supply is “a completely inefficient way to run our business.”

“We’re trying to be very cognizant of the dealer’s fixed costs as we move forward and not overburden them, perhaps as we historically may have done so,” Gardner said.

Also, there are benefits to running the business with a 30-day supply, or even 20. “Certainly we’re going to try to run the business with much lower inventory than we had,” he said.

https://americannewstimes.com/news/a...ms-may-shrink/
Tough times for buyers in any market really with inflation and shortages. From housing availability to baby formula, the shortage overall of vehicles across all brands give dealers leverage for setting the prices. Same thing with the mortgages with people happily paying over appraisal in cash. Didn’t really think the market could get any worse with the pandemic nearly gone.
Old 05-01-2022, 05:24 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 539 Likes on 276 Posts
Tough times for buyers in any market really with inflation and shortages. From housing availability to baby formula, the shortage overall of vehicles across all brands give dealers leverage for setting the prices. Same thing with the mortgages with people happily paying over appraisal in cash. Didn’t really think the market could get any worse with the pandemic nearly gone.
You are not wrong.

I offered a certain amount of money as my top end but my offer stated I’d pay $10K over appraisal. While my high end was significantly lower than the appraisal + 10K it was still ridiculous I had to do that. The market is very bad for buyers but it’s beneficial for sellers. I am awaiting new windows due to these being builder grade cheap windows that leak from bending and I decided to replace my AC/Heat as it’s all original and 20 years old. But in this market you don’t let those things stop you.
MarcoTLX (05-02-2022)
Old 01-20-2023, 09:54 AM
Instructor

Received 175 Likes on 89 Posts
Acura’s New Dealership. I’m surprised they didn’t debut the new look in a bigger market. All the dealership down here in S.FL has the old look, even Miami Acura just remodel their store and it’s still the old dealer design. Orr Acura also has the new look in Shreveport, Louisiana.

View this post on Instagram

Last edited by WTF.Acura; 01-20-2023 at 09:57 AM.
MarcoTLX (01-20-2023)
Old 01-20-2023, 10:25 AM
AZ Community Team

Looks great!

We are getting one here, in Montreal in Summer The exact same one. It's under construction right now. It will be the first in Quebec.
Old 01-20-2023, 11:23 AM
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 120 Posts
The only thing that distinguishes my Acura dealership from a Honda one is Acura signage. Very no frills. Customer service and service department are excellent, and my sales experience was also very smooth. Their inventory was always better than average too, prior to the chip shortage. McGrath Acura, Morton Grove, IL
Old 01-20-2023, 11:39 AM
Safety Car

Received 3,429 Likes on 1,879 Posts
Originally Posted by Flapjackura
The only thing that distinguishes my Acura dealership from a Honda one is Acura signage. Very no frills. Customer service and service department are excellent, and my sales experience was also very smooth. Their inventory was always better than average too, prior to the chip shortage. McGrath Acura, Morton Grove, IL
I think I can do you one better: the only thing that distinguishes my local Acura dealership from a Honda one is...well, nothing. It's literally the same building, with the same showroom, same staff, and same service dept. Even the email address for all the employees says "@sfhonda.com"; they couldn't even spring for an "@sfacura.com" alias....

But that's not the most bizarre thing: the inside doesn't even look like a Honda dealership. It actually looks like an older Infiniti dealership because it used to be an older Infiniti dealership, and they didn't do any remodeling other than changing the sign.

That said, I don't necessarily mind shared facilities, but it's not like Honda customers are getting an Acura experience there. Instead, Acura customers are getting a Honda experience. And you guessed it, no loaners, just a shuttle with a 5-mile radius.

Last edited by fiatlux; 01-20-2023 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-20-2023, 11:56 AM
Racer

I think I can do you one better: the only thing that distinguishes my local Acura dealership from a Honda one is...well, nothing. It's literally the same building, with the same showroom, same staff, and same service dept. Even the email address for all the employees says "@sfhonda.com"; they couldn't even spring for an "@sfacura.com" alias....

But that's not the most bizarre thing: the inside doesn't even look like a Honda dealership. It actually looks like an older Infiniti dealership because it used to be an older Infiniti dealership, and they didn't do any remodeling other than changing the sign.

That said, I don't necessarily mind shared facilities, but it's not like Honda customers are getting an Acura experience there. Instead, Acura customers are getting a Honda experience. And you guessed it, no loaners, just a shuttle with a 5-mile radius.
Mine does at least provide loaners, at least they did last year, when I had my front grill replaced after a rock put a hole in it. They gave me a 2019 A-Spec V6 TLX loaner.
Old 01-20-2023, 03:35 PM
Instructor

For a dying brand Infiniti dealer are well designed. The design is consistent across majority of their dealers and the service is amazing.

The closest Infiniti dealer to me is Warren Henry Infiniti Land Rover Jaguar. They moved into a new building a few years back. Out of the three Japanese luxury brands, Acura has the worst dealerships.

ESHBG (01-20-2023)
Old 01-24-2023, 10:35 PM
AZ Community Team

First in Montréal! Looks awesome!

It will be right next to a Ferrari dealership. It has to stand out
The following 3 users liked this post by Tony Pac:
KrylonBlue (01-24-2023), MarcoTLX (01-25-2023), WTF.Acura (01-24-2023)
Old 01-25-2023, 08:00 AM
AZ Community Team

To be fair, most Acura dealers in Montréal looks like this. I cannot complain. I haven't been to an Acura dealer where it would feel non Luxury or very old. On the contrary, I have been to Lexus Gabriel (those who are familiar) is far from Luxury and classy! I legit laughed at their coffee machine! It's 10 years old and almost non-functional! BTW, this is Acura de Laval....my family dealer for decades!
Old 01-25-2023, 09:26 AM
AZ Community Team

"The company is shaking up its leadership roster and creating a new division to handle sales, marketing, and communications for its budding EV business. And it is positioning its luxury and performance brand Acura as the “tip of the spear” in its shift to EVs, which includes improved software services and, most notably, e-commerce."

Read the full article here. Its interesting but there is an error instead of saying ZDX and ZDX TYPE S, the article says RDX.
https://www.theverge.com/2023/1/25/2...les-online-zdx
Old 01-26-2023, 10:29 PM
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
My local dealer before and after.

The following 5 users liked this post by subiefanIL83:
Flapjackura (03-01-2023), Legend2TL (01-27-2023), MarcoTLX (01-27-2023), Tony Pac (01-27-2023), WTF.Acura (01-26-2023)
Old 01-26-2023, 10:57 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by subiefanIL83

So much better.

The blue signage gives Hyundai vibes.
Old 01-27-2023, 08:25 AM
AZ Community Team

WOW! This looks awesome! We will have our first dealer with this look in summer here. Looking forward to seeing all Acura dealers change to this design.
Old 02-03-2023, 12:09 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Acura Dealer in Plano has this new set up

odd part is service writers in the pull up area - not in glass walled offices - you literally drive up in and the service writers are right there

the customer waiting area is fancy looking - but not as practical as the nearby Lexus dealer - so far as say number of places to charge your devices
Old 02-03-2023, 09:34 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by crxb
Acura Dealer in Plano has this new set up

odd part is service writers in the pull up area - not in glass walled offices - you literally drive up in and the service writers are right there

the customer waiting area is fancy looking - but not as practical as the nearby Lexus dealer - so far as say number of places to charge your devices
Is this your dealer? Super nice!

Old 02-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

yeah - see the garage doors on the right?

drive up the door quickly goes up

and just to the left 2 rows of "counter tops". are the service writers

no glass separating them from where you just drove your car into the service drop off area

Also from waiting area glass from floor to ceiling windows with view into the service bays - and a nice Integra type R on display

Last edited by crxb; 02-03-2023 at 10:35 AM. Reason: service bay
Tony Pac (02-03-2023)
Old 02-03-2023, 10:48 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by crxb
yeah - see the garage doors on the right?

drive up the door quickly goes up

and just to the left 2 rows of "counter tops". are the service writers

no glass separating them from where you just drove your car into the service drop off area

Also from waiting area glass from floor to ceiling windows with view into the service bays - and a nice Integra type R on display
If I am not mistaken, it's the best Acura dealer I have ever seen! Very beautiful design and concept based on what you just described!
crxb (02-03-2023)
Old 02-03-2023, 07:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

They said there are only 2 of this new Acura dealer design built so far - Here in Plano, Tx. and the other on the east coast - can't remember think said one of the Carolinas?
Tony Pac (02-04-2023)
Old 02-04-2023, 09:37 AM
AZ Community Team

Well done Acura! i cannot wait to see our new dealer in summer Not as good as yours but still...
MarcoTLX (02-05-2023)
Old 02-28-2023, 09:23 AM
AZ Community Team

A few pics from my Acura dealer, in Montreal! A+ service, location and ambiance! My family is dealing with this location for decades.
The following 4 users liked this post by Tony Pac:
ELIN (02-28-2023), Legend2TL (03-01-2023), MarcoTLX (02-28-2023), WTF.Acura (02-28-2023)
Old 02-28-2023, 06:12 PM
Drifting

Received 1,246 Likes on 904 Posts
^^^^^^^^
That's a nice looking dealership!
Old 02-28-2023, 09:47 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by ELIN
^^^^^^^^
That's a nice looking dealership!
Thanks! I would say all Acura dealers in Montreal are similar to the one I posted, at par with Germans and better than some Infiniti and Lexus ones. However, some dealers look a bit outdated from outside. Now we are getting the first "New Design" of Acura dealers this summer (see my posts from Jan 25 - post 60 & 61). Post 61 is this dealer from outside.
Old 03-01-2023, 09:02 AM
Racer

Looks very familiar - Libertyville, IL correct? McGrath needs to upgrade their dealership in Morton Grove to that level ASAP. Currently it's pretty much a drab barn of a place by comparison.