Finally done with Acura!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2022, 05:49 PM
Drifting

Received 1,246 Likes on 904 Posts
Luckily the X3 gives you both options: if you like touchscreen you can use just the screen or you can use the dial located near the shifter to rotate the choices.

Total redundancy!
The following users liked this post:
ESHBG (10-24-2022)
Old 10-24-2022, 06:28 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Congratulations on the X3 ELIN! I love both of my X3's, such incredible vehicles.

I'll catch you over at Bimmerpost with BEAR.
The following 2 users liked this post by 04WDPSeDaN:
ELIN (10-24-2022), MarcoTLX (10-24-2022)
Old 10-24-2022, 09:34 PM
Pro

Received 542 Likes on 265 Posts
Originally Posted by ELIN
Luckily the X3 gives you both options: if you like touchscreen you can use just the screen or you can use the dial located near the shifter to rotate the choices.

Total redundancy!
Actually, having both options is the best. As much as people dump on the touch pad in Acuras, once you memorize your presets location you can change them without even looking and you never take your eyes off the road. Also, not having physical controls is a major no go for me. Had a car with touch pad only for controls and hate it.
djhtsx (10-25-2022)
Old 10-25-2022, 08:52 AM
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 32 Posts
I distinctly remember your original posts and excitement when you picked up the new TLX. You were one of the first members here to purchase one.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. My friend got an X5 with massaging seats and other goodies for well below MDX Type-S money, and it's awesome. Hope you enjoy the X3!
The following 3 users liked this post by TLXinTX:
ELIN (10-25-2022), ESHBG (10-25-2022), MarcoTLX (10-25-2022)
Old 10-25-2022, 08:58 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by TLXinTX
I distinctly remember your original posts and excitement when you picked up the new TLX. You were one of the first members here to purchase one.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. My friend got an X5 with massaging seats and other goodies for well below MDX Type-S money, and it's awesome. Hope you enjoy the X3!
Thanks! The honeymoon with the TLX was short-lived. It helped me create a wishlist of what my next car had to have and what I should be considering as deal-breakers.
Old 10-25-2022, 08:59 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
Congratulations on the X3 ELIN! I love both of my X3's, such incredible vehicles.

I'll catch you over at Bimmerpost with BEAR.
Sent you a PM!
Old 10-25-2022, 09:07 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,986 Likes on 14,496 Posts
My coworker friend just got an N63 tt V8 BMW X5...what a gorgeous machine.
Still didn't feel much as far as driver interaction which is my biggest complaint about new
cars and fast shifting trans...almost too refined for me. I'll take slightly slower with a manual
and a bt stream from my phone with NO display (like my 09 GM product LOL).
I feel like Clint Eastwood
Old 10-25-2022, 04:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 255 Posts
unless we were suddenly allowed to watch widescreen movies.
Audi lets us watch them when parked or stopped. When the wheels start rolling, the video goes away (but music keeps playin). Doesn't sound as good as 5.1-channel FLACs, but it's actually pretty neat. There is bunch of lyric-video or try ripping this one from YouTube. Or, kinda cool to play your car's announcement video:

and

The following 2 users liked this post by Tesla1856:
ELIN (10-25-2022), ESHBG (10-26-2022)
Old 10-25-2022, 04:35 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,598 Likes on 961 Posts
Congrats! Super happy for you and hope you enjoy your new car! X3 is an awesome car!
ELIN (10-25-2022)
Old 10-25-2022, 05:16 PM
Pro

Received 433 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by Tesla1856
Audi lets us watch them when parked or stopped. When the wheels start rolling, the video goes away (but music keeps playin). Doesn't sound as good as 5.1-channel FLACs, but it's actually pretty neat. There is bunch of lyric-video or try ripping this one from YouTube. Or, kinda cool to play your car's announcement video:
Tesla lets us watch them too, can watch things like Hulu, Netflix, Disney+ while parked or charging. It also has karaoke feature for nearly any song available on demand which shows lyrics on the screen karaoke style for passengers while driving. Tesla’s infotainment screen is massive with immersive sound.
Old 10-26-2022, 02:43 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
Originally Posted by frainc
I have been using the TLX's Nav system and has been spot on all the time. I check with Google maps and they both route the same almost every time. I was able to download about 70 or so songs in 5.1 format from another user here and can't beat it with the sound in my tech as the music is all over the car (love it).
If people in this forum don't like the car then no one is telling you to keep it, just get another car you like you did. Oh, there is nothing wrong with the touchpad either. So easy to use, I just don't understand the hate on it. (But hell, that's only me)
Couldn't agree ,ore with your comments. I bought a wireless adapter and engoy wireless carplay. The sound system is supberb, especially when I play downlaoded 6.1 music. I enjoy the touch pad as simple and less distracting than a ouch screen, also without finger prints. The menus are simple and easy to access. I would easily adapt back to a touchscreen, but then I wasn't born with an ipad up my butt.

Congrats to the Op for getting an X3,
The following 2 users liked this post by mapleloaf:
ELIN (10-29-2022), frainc (10-27-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 05:21 AM
9th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Congrats, but....

Well first of all is unfair to compare a sedan with an suv, secondly is unfair to compare a chinese-german vehicle with a japanese-american one. I no matter what, wouldn't keep a BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Porsche or any German vehicle for more than 5 years, but a Japanese car I could go for couple decades
The following 2 users liked this post by NSKHondAcura:
arek1200 (12-17-2022), Tony Pac (10-26-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 07:59 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by NSKHondAcura
Well first of all is unfair to compare a sedan with an suv, secondly is unfair to compare a chinese-german vehicle with a japanese-american one. I no matter what, wouldn't keep a BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Porsche or any German vehicle for more than 5 years, but a Japanese car I could go for couple decades
Yes, it is unfair but it fills MY needs. I was already used to the rather low fuel economy so I figured I should get something with a little more utility and the same mpg and could possibly fit the whole family in a pinch when the other SUV is in the shop/unavailable (it also had to fit my golf clubs horizontally in the trunk as I had it in the TLX).

Second, my experience with this particular "Japanese" brand has been less than stellar and not all of them are created equal nor should they all enjoy the same positive stereotype. Based on what I've read, had I come over from prior Honda ownership to Acura, my disappointment would have been all the greater from high expectations moving up to the upper tier brand (I have heard no such complaints from folks moving from Toyota to Lexus). This time around, I was pretty close to getting a Lexus having owned a Camry and Sienna in the past. I had to fill a deep void created by my TLX ownership so getting an NX or RX wasn't going to complete the picture. The test drive for the X3 won me over and the rest is history, as they say!
ESHBG (10-26-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 10:26 AM
AZ Community Team

Yes, it is unfair but it fills MY needs. I was already used to the rather low fuel economy so I figured I should get something with a little more utility and the same mpg and could possibly fit the whole family in a pinch when the other SUV is in the shop/unavailable (it also had to fit my golf clubs horizontally in the trunk as I had it in the TLX).

Second, my experience with this particular "Japanese" brand has been less than stellar and not all of them are created equal nor should they all enjoy the same positive stereotype. Based on what I've read, had I come over from prior Honda ownership to Acura, my disappointment would have been all the greater from high expectations moving up to the upper tier brand (I have heard no such complaints from folks moving from Toyota to Lexus). This time around, I was pretty close to getting a Lexus having owned a Camry and Sienna in the past. I had to fill a deep void created by my TLX ownership so getting an NX or RX wasn't going to complete the picture. The test drive for the X3 won me over and the rest is history, as they say!
It's sad that your experience wasn't as great but at the end of the day you made a great choice. You picked the car that impressed you. Before you leave the forum and say goodbye to all of us, it would be great if you share your experience with X3 in RDX section of the forum so people can compare RDX to X3 if they are in the market. Last but not least, regardless of our views about cars, you were active here and we enjoyed your presence. Good luck with your BMW!
ELIN (10-26-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 10:35 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Tony Pac
It's sad that your experience wasn't as great but at the end of the day you made a great choice. You picked the car that impressed you. Before you leave the forum and say goodbye to all of us, it would be great if you share your experience with X3 in RDX section of the forum so people can compare RDX to X3 if they are in the market. Last but not least, regardless of our views about cars, you were active here and we enjoyed your presence. Good luck with your BMW!
Thanks for the sendoff! Sorry to disappoint but I have no intention of comparing the RDX to the X3 (I rather enjoy what I have than what I don't).
Old 10-26-2022, 10:45 AM
AZ Community Team

Thanks for the sendoff! Sorry to disappoint but I have no intention of comparing the RDX to the X3 (I rather enjoy what I have than what I don't).
It wasn't a sendoff....just thought you won't have any more interest here, since you switched to BMW.

And no problem if you don't want to compare. Sometimes, it's better not compare and just enjoy what we have and let other enjoy what they have. Respect your decision!
Old 10-27-2022, 08:27 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
Enjoy the SUV OP
ELIN (10-27-2022)
Old 10-27-2022, 11:47 AM
Safety Car

Received 3,429 Likes on 1,879 Posts
It's a shame that the TLX's poor showing sullied your impression of other Acura products, including the RDX. As much grief as I give the TLX, and as good as the X3 is, I personally think the RDX is the best all around entry-level compact luxury crossover in its class. It's exactly what you'd expect from Honda's premium division, and then some. Handling for the SH-AWD models is superb for a crossover, with only the (much more expensive) Macan besting it. It holds serve on power, but what really sets it apart from the TLX is that it doesn't sacrifice utility/practicality/performance for vanity. It's not bigger (and thus heavier) than it needs to be, the interior isn't smaller than the size and mass would suggest, and that makes it far less compromised from a performance perspective while maintaining the utility you'd expect. It's a quintessential Honda product, and at this point I wholly accept the argument that Acura is a crossover company. The sales figures and overall reception of their cars over the past 10 years would support that claim.
bilirubin (10-27-2022)
Old 10-27-2022, 11:57 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by fiatlux
It's a shame that the TLX's poor showing sullied your impression of other Acura products, including the RDX. As much grief as I give the TLX, and as good as the X3 is, I personally think the RDX is the best all around entry-level compact luxury crossover in its class. It's exactly what you'd expect from Honda's premium division, and then some. Handling for the SH-AWD models is superb for a crossover, with only the (much more expensive) Macan besting it. It holds serve on power, but what really sets it apart from the TLX is that it doesn't sacrifice utility/practicality/performance for vanity. It's not bigger (and thus heavier) than it needs to be, the interior isn't smaller than the size and mass would suggest, and that makes it far less compromised from a performance perspective while maintaining the utility you'd expect. It's a quintessential Honda product, and at this point I wholly accept the argument that Acura is a crossover company. The sales figures and overall reception of their cars over the past 10 years would support that claim.
Like I said, there's a good chance I'd be buying out the lease had it been an RDX from the start but the TLX had no chance.

I'd probably still be pissed by the lack of auto-folding mirrors and auto-windshield wipers, all of which I have now!
Old 10-27-2022, 12:15 PM
Pro

I'd probably still be pissed by the lack of auto-folding mirrors and auto-windshield wipers, all of which I have now!
Did your TLX not come with those? Mine has both.
Old 10-27-2022, 12:17 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by richii0207
Did your TLX not come with those? Mine has both.
The A-Spec doesn't get those. You need the Advance or Type S. Inexcusable for a nearly $50k car from 2 years ago!
Old 10-27-2022, 12:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
Originally Posted by rockstar143
The fact that infotainment is the gripe in a product who's main purpose is transportation is the main problem I have with newer cars.
If I have bluetooth connectivity to my phone to stream music, I'm happy.
Agreed. Connectivity in my 22 MDX/21 TLX is far more reliable that it was in earlier Acuras that I've owned.

I dont love the touchpad but for my purposes, it really does the job just fine.
rockstar143 (10-28-2022)
Old 10-27-2022, 01:50 PM
Burning Brakes

The A-Spec doesn't get those. You need the Advance or Type S. Inexcusable for a nearly $50k car from 2 years ago!
Right.

They "hold back" on the various TLX Trim-Level features because they also sell the Advance. And then, you can't get Advance with the A-Spec appearance package.

Just like they hold back on the RDX, because the MDX exists. It should just be a 5-seater version of the MDX, but its not.
Old 10-27-2022, 03:44 PM
Pro

But I’m stating that those options are available, you just didn’t get the trim that had those. If you really did want those options, you should have chose the trim that had those instead of getting a trim without them and then complaining about not having them.
Old 10-27-2022, 03:50 PM
Safety Car

But I’m stating that those options are available, you just didn’t get the trim that had those. If you really did want those options, you should have chose the trim that had those instead of getting a trim without them and then complaining about not having them.
But then you wouldn't get the other stuff, so either way you can't get all the features that you want. In Acura's infinite wisdom, they do not allow customers to have both A-Spec and Advance features for a truly fully loaded car. I guess they probably figured someone who would pay that much would just get the RLX instead; it's not like the TLX is Acura's top sedan...oh wait.
Old 10-27-2022, 06:31 PM
Drifting

I preferred the look of the A-Spec and the Type S didn’t exist until the following summer. It’s tough being early…
Old 10-27-2022, 06:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 536 Likes on 345 Posts
Acura's packages in the US make zero sense and it's been like this for a while now and it's even sillier when you compare this to much cheaper cars that find a way to come with more features. Acura made it right with the latest RDX but the rest of the lineup is still falling short.
Old 10-27-2022, 06:41 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ESHBG
Acura's packages in the US make zero sense and it's been like this for a while now and it's even sillier when you compare this to much cheaper cars that find a way to come with more features. Acura made it right with the latest RDX but the rest of the lineup is still falling short.
But then how will they sell PMC models if they allowed customers to have both A-Spec and Advance features together?
Old 10-27-2022, 07:20 PM
Drifting

But then how will they sell PMC models if they allowed customers to have both A-Spec and Advance features together?
They did that on the ‘22 RDX and still offered a PMC. Acura has made it clear that SUV buyers are more important than sedan buyers!
MarcoTLX (10-27-2022)
Old 10-27-2022, 07:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 536 Likes on 345 Posts
With the PMC this is no longer the case so even that is a step backwards from the last generation.
Old 10-27-2022, 07:48 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah those brakes are sketchy, I time my stopping and 90% of time I have to slam the brakes. I've owned my car since August 2021 and still can't time my braking right with this car. Congrats on the new purchase!
ELIN (10-27-2022)
Old 10-27-2022, 07:50 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by TLXASPEC
Yeah those brakes are sketchy, I time my stopping and 90% of time I have to slam the brakes. I've owned my car since August 2021 and still can't time my braking right with this car. Congrats on the new purchase!
I was docked quite often for “hard brake” on the Progressive Snapsot app. The TLX was literally costing me money!
Old 10-27-2022, 07:53 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 539 Likes on 276 Posts
I was docked quite often for “hard brake” on the Progressive Snapsot app. The TLX was literally costing me money!
I declined this device. I couldn’t imagine I’d save any money since I tend to drive the Type S as a performance sedan with fast acceleration quite often.

I don’t have any issues with my brakes though. They work fine and I’m not constantly slamming them either.
ELIN (10-27-2022)
Old 10-27-2022, 08:15 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah that aint gonna save you any money. I thought it was just me with the hard braking
Old 10-28-2022, 06:33 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,986 Likes on 14,496 Posts
It sounds like a supercharger in here.
Old 10-28-2022, 09:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 500 Likes on 278 Posts
Originally Posted by KrylonBlue
I would likely trade my TLX Type S for an RDX Type S since my girlfriend and I are trying to start a family. 😍
Don’t do it man! I brought my daughter home in 2009 in my 08 TL-S! We bought the car as a family car. 2 years later when my son was born we ended up with a van too though :|
we still have the TL-S and the van great vehicles, just buy a toy/car as a midlife crisis

Originally Posted by NwTSXmt
Enjoy the SUV OP
what is up with you people and SUVs? I understand that I’m weird but I prefer to be lower down. Actually my perfect vehicle are wagons, except the spouse doesn’t share that love with me. She likes small cars, she always wanted a lotus Elise.

OP, congrats on the new wheels!
ELIN (10-29-2022)
Old 10-28-2022, 11:56 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 539 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by PhilB81
Don’t do it man! I brought my daughter home in 2009 in my 08 TL-S! We bought the car as a family car. 2 years later when my son was born we ended up with a van too though :|
we still have the TL-S and the van great vehicles, just buy a toy/car as a midlife crisis

what is up with you people and SUVs? I understand that I’m weird but I prefer to be lower down. Actually my perfect vehicle are wagons, except the spouse doesn’t share that love with me. She likes small cars, she always wanted a lotus Elise.

OP, congrats on the new wheels!
Likely get her an RDX and keep my TLX. 😇
The following 2 users liked this post by KrylonBlue:
ELIN (10-29-2022), PhilB81 (10-29-2022)
Old 10-29-2022, 10:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PhilB81

what is up with you people and SUVs? I understand that I’m weird but I prefer to be lower down.

She likes small cars, she always wanted a lotus Elise.
Same here. So, it's nice when the family has 2 vehicles (as they can be different kinds).

She sounds like a keeper. Yes, a Lotus Elise would be nice. A co-worker at my wife's work used to drive one daily ... she thought it was cool also.
PhilB81 (11-01-2022)
Old 10-30-2022, 01:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

Luckily the Canadian TLX Aspec has both the power folding mirrors and auto wipers. The 23 RDX Elite is also an ASpec, as is the case with the Integra. I suspect the 23 TLX will adopt the same trim.
Old 10-30-2022, 01:53 AM
Three Wheelin'

Call me old fashioned, but i think my red 3D gauges with the digital info section between them is so much more attractive than flat digital gauges. I know they can be adjusted and changed, which always sounds like fun at the beginning, but I am always going to want the Speedometer and Tachometer in prominent locations. As my wireless carplay adapator works like a charm, and I had also solved the wired carplay issues by plugging in at the credits screen, I never have to resort to bluetooth for my Spotify playlist. To me the most important part of an Infotainment System is 1. Great Sound; 2. Reliable Navigation, 3. Simple Menu system. 4. Clear Backup camera; 5. Decent Graphics. My system delivers on all of these.

Quick Reply: Finally done with Acura!