Departing....Not Fully :/

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 08:52 AM
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by fiatlux
I don't know if the official sales number matches, but I feel like I see more 1G TLX A-Specs than all the other trim levels combined. Just goes to show...people are willing to pay a premium for looks even if it doesn't actually bring much else to the table. As someone else once put it, A-Spec is just Poser-Spec. I will say, though, in the 1G TLX it does look good, especially the round exhaust valences in the rear bumper.

And I don't think it's just an Acura customer thing. Most Audi's I see seem to have the S-Line package, which is by and large just an appearance package. Ditto with Mercedes's AMG-line package.

At least Acura hasn't started offering a glowing A emblem on the front of the car like Mercedes and Audi have...
I believe starting with the 2020, all Audi's are S-Lines, including the base. It's becoming harder to know which are base and which are PP or Prestige.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:15 PM
Styl1n

Received 159 Likes on 95 Posts
Saw the first 21 TLX Aspec in my neighborhood today it was white and red interior, looks really nice that combo it really brings out the car. i was like damn this could of been me with a blue aspec riding down the road reflahsed with my wheels on thennnnnnn.....Went to check my emails and saw my production number come in and said ohh well better things are coming.

The following 3 users liked this post by kuzdu:
04WDPSeDaN (10-19-2020), BEAR-AvHistory (10-19-2020), Tesla1856 (12-12-2020)
Old 10-19-2020, 07:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 666 Likes on 359 Posts
Originally Posted by leomio85
Acura says low to mid $50k. Seeing as the SH-AWD Advance is right at $50k without options, I’d say it’ll be closer to right in the middle. I honestly don’t see there being a shot at shit at it being anywhere under $54k for everything it comes with over the more pedestrian models. New engine, beefed up transmission, re-tuned suspension, new wheels, different body kit ... Hell, an Advance with a body kit and those painted crappy wheels comes out to like $53k. Much like the initial 2G TLX release, I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with the pricing. For all it’s offering and what you can option a 2G TLX with now, I can absolutely see it getting very near $60k before any options. Really, just think about it. Do you honestly think you’re getting all that for $3-4K?

And just some more food for thought, BMW has about a $13k upcharge for the M340i over the 330i. So I can definitely see Acura looking for $8-10k over the A-Spec model ($47k).
...just point those disappointed drivers to Kia
Old 10-19-2020, 07:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 666 Likes on 359 Posts
Originally Posted by kuzdu
Saw the first 21 TLX Aspec in my neighborhood today it was white and red interior, looks really nice that combo it really brings out the car. i was like damn this could of been me with a blue aspec riding down the road reflahsed with my wheels on thennnnnnn.....Went to check my emails and saw my production number come in and said ohh well better things are coming.

Congrats and it's great you are excited. However this is like comparing leaving a 2GTLX for a CivicType-R lol. Great things about both but completely different.
The following 2 users liked this post by GhostTL09:
F23A4 (12-12-2020), iforyou (10-21-2020)
Old 10-22-2020, 09:41 AM
Racer

Received 104 Likes on 72 Posts
I don't blame you for leaving. The refresh is underwhelming.
The following 3 users liked this post by Terdbath:
04WDPSeDaN (10-22-2020), ESHBG (10-22-2020), pyrodan007 (12-15-2020)
Old 12-12-2020, 12:49 PM
Styl1n

Hey Everyone, been a while since i replied. Monday is the day sending back my Aspec and picking up the 240. Going to miss the Aspec was a great car and a good looking one. I had a prl Downpipe i had bought for the tlx and i slapped it onto the rdx, that jeep opened up soooo much. I’ll give a short review and my last good byes next week.
The following 3 users liked this post by kuzdu:
04WDPSeDaN (12-13-2020), BEAR-AvHistory (12-12-2020), Tony Pac (12-15-2020)
Old 12-12-2020, 09:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 255 Posts
Cool

.Went to check my emails and saw my production number come in and said ohh well better things are coming.
Very nice.

Coupes rule.

https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...a-audi-991060/
Old 12-15-2020, 08:01 AM
Styl1n

Originally Posted by Tesla1856
Of course nice post. A lot of people are leaving....and end of way happier lol
Old 12-15-2020, 08:03 AM
Styl1n

Well guys did my pick up yesterday, I told the Acura rep after 20 years of coming here you guys couldn’t cut me the deal I wanted…..so sad but that’s life :-/ I think my sales associate got greedy and now he lost a good client. So the 2 is here and I’m not going to bash Acura or anything believe me they are great super comfortable cars and I still love them but I have to say if you want a drivers car, ton of power and handling you should leave and get what you want. This car has a TON of power and what your thinking in your mind for the car to do and maneuver it does it, throttle response is like sprintbooster race 9 lol. Massive amounts of torque through the power band pulling hard ohhhh and the exhaust burbles hmmmmmmm so awesome lol. I’m going to do some coding this weekend and the last week in December I will do my reflash…..the car feels like is has to much power already the reflash will make me sick lol. Was raining to much yesterday to get pics I only took one. I really hope the Type S is everything it’s said to be to make everyone happy. Good luck to everyone , drive safe and have a great end of year holiday season………I already started to get tailgated by so many people sigh lol

Big Shout out to 04WDPSeDaN for all the great advice, Thanks man I will send you a pm once I do the bootmod3 and let you know how it is.

The following 7 users liked this post by kuzdu:
04WDPSeDaN (12-15-2020), ESHBG (12-15-2020), hadokenuh (12-15-2020), leomio85 (12-16-2020), pyrodan007 (12-15-2020), reddogTL (01-21-2021), Tesla1856 (12-15-2020) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-15-2020, 09:47 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,598 Likes on 961 Posts
Well guys did my pick up yesterday, I told the Acura rep after 20 years of coming here you guys couldn’t cut me the deal I wanted…..so sad but that’s life :-/ I think my sales associate got greedy and now he lost a good client. So the 2 is here and I’m not going to bash Acura or anything believe me they are great super comfortable cars and I still love them but I have to say if you want a drivers car, ton of power and handling you should leave and get what you want. This car has a TON of power and what your thinking in your mind for the car to do and maneuver it does it, throttle response is like sprintbooster race 9 lol. Massive amounts of torque through the power band pulling hard ohhhh and the exhaust burbles hmmmmmmm so awesome lol. I’m going to do some coding this weekend and the last week in December I will do my reflash…..the car feels like is has to much power already the reflash will make me sick lol. Was raining to much yesterday to get pics I only took one. I really hope the Type S is everything it’s said to be to make everyone happy. Good luck to everyone , drive safe and have a great end of year holiday season………I already started to get tailgated by so many people sigh lol

Big Shout out to 04WDPSeDaN for all the great advice, Thanks man I will send you a pm once I do the bootmod3 and let you know how it is.

Nice car brother! Enjoy and drive safe. I love the color. Interior is red, right?
Old 12-15-2020, 01:27 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts

CONGRATULATIONS Buddy!!!! I appreciate the super kind words and I'm glad I was able to help you out. If you think it's fast now, wait til you get a reflash tune done. It will certainly feel more alive and less restricted. SAFE travels and enjoy the car! It sure is a killer combo and beautiful!

The following users liked this post:
Tony Pac (12-15-2020)
Old 12-15-2020, 01:33 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Just for fun

Old 12-15-2020, 04:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts

Nice! Congrats on the new pickup.

This is actually of the few fun cars I am considering. The back seats make it more practical if I have to take 5 year old once in a while.
Old 12-16-2020, 07:21 AM
Styl1n

Originally Posted by Tony Pac
Nice car brother! Enjoy and drive safe. I love the color. Interior is red, right?
Thanks man, yup inside is red. the seats are awesome, a lot of adjustments it took mw 2 hours just to find the sweet spot to drive lol
Old 12-16-2020, 07:25 AM
Styl1n

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
CONGRATULATIONS Buddy!!!! I appreciate the super kind words and I'm glad I was able to help you out. If you think it's fast now, wait til you get a reflash tune done. It will certainly feel more alive and less restricted. SAFE travels and enjoy the car! It sure is a killer combo and beautiful!
Anytime man, im gonna do some coding this am for the mirrors and sports mode. The car is fast not a smooth fast but a just raw power like where the hell did that come from lol fast. i'm reflashing it next week and cant wait to see how it opens up. the backseat is not bad my daughter fits perfectly and my son in the front. The color omg is even better in person,

lol i watched that video twice, once i go stage 2 ill go after the big boys lol.

I'm still going to drive the type s when it comes out i wont rest until i drive and feel what everyone has been waiting for.
Old 12-16-2020, 07:26 AM
Styl1n

Originally Posted by hadokenuh
Nice! Congrats on the new pickup.

This is actually of the few fun cars I am considering. The back seats make it more practical if I have to take 5 year old once in a while.
i considered this car for 5 months lol then i pulled the trigger, my daughter is 9 and she fits great int he back.
Old 12-16-2020, 07:27 AM
Styl1n

soooo crazy lol
Old 12-16-2020, 01:11 PM
CPR
Burning Brakes

Received 277 Likes on 144 Posts
Too bad you couldn't get the deal you wanted; I was able to COMPLETELY DUPLICATE, the lease deal, I signed in 2018
Dealer GM made me an offer I LOVED!
I LOVE my 2021 TLX/SH-AWD/ASPEC; Modern steel Metallic/Red Leather
Had to wait 3 weeks, for my dealer to trade; but as Chuck Rhoades says in Billions: WORTH IT
The 2021 is LIGHT years better than any of the previous 7 Acura's, I've leased
When you're in Double Sport mode, it feels like a true Sport Sedan
The ELS is magnificent, & dollar for dollar, you can't beat it
Congrats on the BMW
Happy Holidays!
Old 12-16-2020, 03:58 PM
Styl1n

Originally Posted by CPR
Too bad you couldn't get the deal you wanted; I was able to COMPLETELY DUPLICATE, the lease deal, I signed in 2018
Dealer GM made me an offer I LOVED!
I LOVE my 2021 TLX/SH-AWD/ASPEC; Modern steel Metallic/Red Leather
Had to wait 3 weeks, for my dealer to trade; but as Chuck Rhoades says in Billions: WORTH IT
The 2021 is LIGHT years better than any of the previous 7 Acura's, I've leased
When you're in Double Sport mode, it feels like a true Sport Sedan
The ELS is magnificent, & dollar for dollar, you can't beat it
Congrats on the BMW
Happy Holidays!
Hey I’m glad to see you got the deal you wanted, I don’t know what went through my guys head but he lost me lol. I drove that TLX it drives comfortable and in sports mode it moves pretty good, you should def reflash it and you will see a huge difference, my rdx is and has the downpipe…….it movesss but nothing like my 2 ahahah . Your color combo you got was my second choice I wanted the blue with red inside. Congrats again, be safe I remember you and I got out first aspecs around the same time and our lease ended at the same time as well 😊
Old 12-16-2020, 07:57 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 381 Likes on 235 Posts

Congrats on the new ride. Shame it's right before this big snow storm we're getting. And you're not used to tailgaters in NYC yet? LoL. I had to drive thru NYC to NJ over the weekend and each time I was livid. I can't stand driving thru that goddamn city.
Old 12-16-2020, 08:08 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Congrats on the new ride. Shame it's right before this big snow storm we're getting. And you're not used to tailgaters in NYC yet? LoL. I had to drive thru NYC to NJ over the weekend and each time I was livid. I can't stand driving thru that goddamn city.
If you use the GWB, you're in my neck of the woods.
Old 12-17-2020, 07:22 AM
Styl1n

Sigh I know, first day I picked up it was pouring now the damn snow lol cant win. Tons of people tailgate me on the highway now I’m just trying to cruise I thought it would be different since I got this car but a lot of accords do it. One thing I noticed about this car on the highway sometimes im doing 80 or 90 and it just feels like you are doing 30mph I constantly have to look down to make sure I don’t go over the speed limit the suspension is built very well. So I drove home last night in the snow this car and xdrive is not bad at all, left it in comfort mode and just cruised, switched lanes, takes off great no slip or spin. Once I got home I took the RDX out since it’s the first time its seeing snow, now the shawd made this jeep feel like there wasn’t any snow on the ground lol it’s still to me one of the best awd in my opinion.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:12 AM
Styl1n

So After having this car for 1500 miles I will do a little write up between my TLX V6 and this M240

The Asepc V6 is a nice car, Very Very Very smoooooth V6, comfortable on the road with the right suspension and just an all around cruiser for long trips. Power delivery is smooth as well and I believe the new 10 speed on this V6 will make a great Touring car. After all of the mods I did including the flash turned the vehicle into a different beast, its screaming V6 pulling to red line and just move to get where you are going. This is my opinion about this car after owning the 15 then the 18 TLX, by all means its not a race car or meant to be this way, the 9 speed really holds it back but it does it’s job. I don’t have to miss the car so much, my brother has a 19 aspec so I get to drive it now and then. Still have my RDX which is a god damn tank in the snow man wow SHAWD cant get better than that. I will never have anything bad to say about Acura After 20 years with them they are great vehicles for the family and gets you where you are going.

Now M240, lets see well this car is something else. If you are looking for sports oriented car then this has it all. The power is brutal, there is zero turbo lag which is awesome for a turbo 6 car. When the torque hits you feel as if someone is pulling you back in your seat and not letting go unless you ease on the gas, handling is crazy, no body sway and handles like its on rails. It has the adaptive suspension and you can really feel the difference from comfort, sport and sport +. Very very smooth on the road and highway, great solid ride for a road trip. This car is still stock until bootmod3 can unlock the DME and I can do a stage 1 flash first then 2and then the numbers to the wheel looks like 450tq. Draggy results for stock M240 is around 3.8 seconds 0-60 it’s because the car is small and weighs less. Very happy and pleased with the choice I made.

They Type S has to be something that people wouldn’t expect, 350HP will not cut it for that size of a car even the M340 has a bump to 380 hp due to the extra weight. I really hope Acura pulls through and builds and amazing machine for everyone.

04WDPSeDaN (01-19-2021)
Old 01-19-2021, 11:16 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Just curious the label is covering it up but what was the 1 foot roll out number, must be pretty low, I get about 3/10's better 0-60 with rollout on Dragy. Nice AWD traction in the wet.

If you are concerned about the time try to find a spot with less down slope. My safe spot to make repeated runs without drawing unwanted attention has 3.7 up slope. Would like to find an out of the way spot that is 0.

Agree they are nice sized cars that why I have 8 or 9 years on my 135is.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 01-19-2021 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:19 PM
Styl1n

you are right, ill ask him what the roll out it, how's your 1 running so far. you can get some awesome power out of that engine
Old 01-19-2021, 01:56 PM
Suzuka Master

you are right, ill ask him what the roll out it, how's your 1 running so far. you can get some awesome power out of that engine
Still in good shape no major work on it. Just about 90% original.

Been a long time since C&D tested it in 8 years ago. Zero to 60 mph: 4.6 sec, Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 5.2 sec, Standing ¼-mile: 13.3 sec @ 107 mph but its still very competitive against many newer cars. A lot of makes have not really stepped up over the years.

Really good sleeper as there is nothing special about the body & trim outside of the wheels which are the same as those on the 335is but 18" instead of 19". The JB4 gives it a bit more go than C&D does. Only ID on the car is a small lower case "is" after the number on the trunk.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 01-19-2021 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-20-2021, 07:09 AM
Styl1n

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
Still in good shape no major work on it. Just about 90% original.

Been a long time since C&D tested it in 8 years ago. Zero to 60 mph: 4.6 sec, Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 5.2 sec, Standing ¼-mile: 13.3 sec @ 107 mph but its still very competitive against many newer cars. A lot of makes have not really stepped up over the years.

Really good sleeper as there is nothing special about the body & trim outside of the wheels which are the same as those on the 335is but 18" instead of 19". The JB4 gives it a bit more go than C&D does. Only ID on the car is a small lower case "is" after the number on the trunk.
sweeeeet ride man, how do you like the JB4? since the dme is locked and waiting for a crack im thinking of getting this just to hold me up. Any issues?
Old 01-20-2021, 09:41 AM
Suzuka Master

sweeeeet ride man, how do you like the JB4? since the dme is locked and waiting for a crack im thinking of getting this just to hold me up. Any issues?
Been running at least one since 2011. Was a beta tester for the 335is N54 7DCT which had a different ECU than the normal 335 also a different transmission. Further up the line all three beta test cars broke into the high 11's s.

Pure stock was 13.1/13.2. 108 to 110MHP. Never had an issue with a JB4 at 11.67 seconds. That said because of the current computers being locked pretty tight the increase on a current cars is not that great.

The dyno run here in Raleigh at a Chevy performance shop. Was my 135is N55 power at the wheels Map 5. BMW rated power 320bhp, JB4 362.42WHP + 12% = 407BHP. Test is just the JB4 running a custom map in position 5 on 93 octane with no other mods.

The 135 is a 6MT & was working out the shift points. The JB4 has a lot of features & would flash the hazard dash lights at a set shift point so you did not have to track the tach with your eyes.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 01-20-2021 at 09:46 AM.
Old 01-22-2021, 08:41 AM
Styl1n

Been running at least one since 2011. Was a beta tester for the 335is N54 7DCT which had a different ECU than the normal 335 also a different transmission. Further up the line all three beta test cars broke into the high 11's s.

Pure stock was 13.1/13.2. 108 to 110MHP. Never had an issue with a JB4 at 11.67 seconds. That said because of the current computers being locked pretty tight the increase on a current cars is not that great.

The dyno run here in Raleigh at a Chevy performance shop. Was my 135is N55 power at the wheels Map 5. BMW rated power 320bhp, JB4 362.42WHP + 12% = 407BHP. Test is just the JB4 running a custom map in position 5 on 93 octane with no other mods.

The 135 is a 6MT & was working out the shift points. The JB4 has a lot of features & would flash the hazard dash lights at a set shift point so you did not have to track the tach with your eyes.
Awesome info, i will go with the JB4 for now until Bootmod3 can unlock the DME for a flash. i wonder if the Type S Ecu will be encrytped as well, if so a JB4 will be needed. i think this unit also give 100 hp at the crank to the Red sport infiniti
Old 01-22-2021, 05:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Awesome info, i will go with the JB4 for now until Bootmod3 can unlock the DME for a flash. i wonder if the Type S Ecu will be encrytped as well, if so a JB4 will be needed. i think this unit also give 100 hp at the crank to the Red sport infiniti
I would follow the the Burger Tech site - "N54Tech.com" - if you are interested in the JB4. Will have current info on actual power, cracked ECU's, Dyno charts, etc. Good resource with Burger Motor Sports tech guys active in the threads. Most posts are by actual users so you will know what the current experience is. Also new free software upgrades are announced & can be downloaded there.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 01-22-2021 at 05:58 PM.
Old 01-23-2021, 05:37 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by fiatlux
That's why we always talk about OTD prices. It's not exactly anything new. That also helps account for market adjustments, incentives, discounts, etc.
Comparing OTD prices has one major problem. Taxes can vary a lot based upon where you live, and it depends upon whether you trade or not. Leases are even worse to compare. Some states charge taxes on the payment, some change it on the full price of the “purchase”. Some states even have tax credits they can apply to reduce the taxes paid.
Old 01-23-2021, 11:32 AM
Suzuka Master

Should have added there is already a JB4 for the 4 cylinder TLX in beta. The Civic version adds about 70 horsepower to the rear wheels.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 01-23-2021 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-25-2021, 12:12 PM
Styl1n

Just curious the label is covering it up but what was the 1 foot roll out number, must be pretty low, I get about 3/10's better 0-60 with rollout on Dragy. Nice AWD traction in the wet.

If you are concerned about the time try to find a spot with less down slope. My safe spot to make repeated runs without drawing unwanted attention has 3.7 up slope. Would like to find an out of the way spot that is 0.

Agree they are nice sized cars that why I have 8 or 9 years on my 135is.
got the full pic

BEAR-AvHistory (01-25-2021)
Old 01-25-2021, 01:07 PM
Suzuka Master

got the full pic
Yep, the 3.53 number is what the magazines would have posted if they had run that particular test with a "roll out" notation. Where you get variations from the RAW numbers in your test is the magazines run them through a program to neutralize atmospheric and other variables.

This tends to be the bone of contention on "spec" racing vs real racing & why the spec numbers are pretty much impossible to duplicate.. Anyone who has ever run the "Bracket Races" knows you have to make an informed guess as to what breakout time to put on your window for eliminations in the afternoon or evening vs what you were running in the morning time trials.

My StingRay was pretty consistent for an MT car, but the best one I ever ran was an 1984 Fleetwood Brougham 4 door that was slow as molasses 18+ seconds like molasses going up hill. It was so slow that at the 10th of a second number never had to changed. My handicap was always based on the hundreds number.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 01-25-2021 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-28-2021, 03:43 PM
Styl1n

Yep, the 3.53 number is what the magazines would have posted if they had run that particular test with a "roll out" notation. Where you get variations from the RAW numbers in your test is the magazines run them through a program to neutralize atmospheric and other variables.

This tends to be the bone of contention on "spec" racing vs real racing & why the spec numbers are pretty much impossible to duplicate.. Anyone who has ever run the "Bracket Races" knows you have to make an informed guess as to what breakout time to put on your window for eliminations in the afternoon or evening vs what you were running in the morning time trials.

My StingRay was pretty consistent for an MT car, but the best one I ever ran was an 1984 Fleetwood Brougham 4 door that was slow as molasses 18+ seconds like molasses going up hill. It was so slow that at the 10th of a second number never had to changed. My handicap was always based on the hundreds number.
Yup 3.53 like you said. I'm gonna get the Jb4 in the spring and give the car a little extra power until they come out with the DME unlock, i was looking at the Type S again today and wondering how that 355hp will be able to propel that 4k lbs plus car to 4.5 sec I'm thinking it will be around 5.6. torque is soooo addictive it's like the neck throwing back makes you smile all the time.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:40 PM
Pro

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts
Yup 3.53 like you said. I'm gonna get the Jb4 in the spring and give the car a little extra power until they come out with the DME unlock, i was looking at the Type S again today and wondering how that 355hp will be able to propel that 4k lbs plus car to 4.5 sec I'm thinking it will be around 5.6. torque is soooo addictive it's like the neck throwing back makes you smile all the time.
the Audi s5 sportback weighs 4200 lb why wouldn’t the types be able to do that too?
Old 01-29-2021, 09:08 AM
Styl1n

Originally Posted by djhtsx
the Audi s5 sportback weighs 4200 lb why wouldn’t the types be able to do that too?
Just speculating, maybe I'm wrong and and they will break 4.5.
Old 01-29-2021, 09:43 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Originally Posted by djhtsx
I'll tell you why it wont and that's because it's missing a proper engine
Old 01-29-2021, 08:54 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 381 Likes on 235 Posts
I'll tell you why it wont and that's because it's missing a proper engine
Joking aside, I think it has little to do with its engine and everything to do with its drivetrain. Zee Germans have built drivetrains geared towards performance. That's why they're able to rip great times off the line and maintain the speed up to triple digits. Great transmissions that shift lightning quick, and drivetrain components that can take a beating. SH-AWD, in its pedestrian form, is geared towards being able to prance thru the snow and give you better fuel economy (though it doesn't even do a good job of that). It's not geared towards performance. Acura, being an arm of Honda, have little choice but to use what they're given. There's likely only so much they can do to bolster the components in the packaging Honda gives them. Yes, you have the NSX, but I doubt any components are trickling down or are even usable when swapping over from its mid-engine configuration to front engine.
Old 01-30-2021, 07:27 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Joking aside, I think it has little to do with its engine and everything to do with its drivetrain. Zee Germans have built drivetrains geared towards performance. That's why they're able to rip great times off the line and maintain the speed up to triple digits. Great transmissions that shift lightning quick, and drivetrain components that can take a beating. SH-AWD, in its pedestrian form, is geared towards being able to prance thru the snow and give you better fuel economy (though it doesn't even do a good job of that). It's not geared towards performance. Acura, being an arm of Honda, have little choice but to use what they're given. There's likely only so much they can do to bolster the components in the packaging Honda gives them. Yes, you have the NSX, but I doubt any components are trickling down or are even usable when swapping over from its mid-engine configuration to front engine.
Totally agree, even though I was half joking about the engine part. Honda / Acura always hold back when it comes to their drivetrain in order to be reliable and achieve the best fuel economy. I still question all of that since I get 32-34 MPG in my X3 M40i and I was able to get 36 MPG in the 2020 Supra I rented for 5 days. Hell, I've broke 38 MPG with my base 2018 X3 xdrive30i which is also tuned like the M40i. I don't know about Audi & Mercedes models but i'm sure they can get a decent amount.

Quick Reply: Departing....Not Fully :/