Acura's next S maybe promises

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2021, 05:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 388 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by ELIN
I must say that Genesis pickup for servicing is a nice competitive advantage but how many Genesis owners actually use it as opposed to showing up at the dealer (pandemic numbers may have increased this usage)?

As for courtesy cars, I've never had issues with Benz or Audi but never got one from Acura. I think we're barking up the wrong tree if our expectations are that high with Acura.
Never had an issue getting a courtesy car with Acura, even once when I was there waiting and they were running behind on the service appmt they gave me a car to run some errands even though the service was only taking an extra hour. Another time driving back from Myrtle Beach hit some metal that came off a scrap truck in front of me and took out two tires and rims. Not sure what dealer in NC it was flatbladed to but I was hundreds of miles away from home on a Saturday morning and they gave me a loaner car to let us go out and get something to eat and in about 2.5 hours of showing up with no appointment they replaced both wheels and tires on my 3rd gen typeS , gave it an alignment and had us back on the road home. Can't really say I have ever had a bad experience with Acura service anywhere.
Old 08-29-2021, 05:53 PM
Pro

Received 544 Likes on 256 Posts
I must say that Genesis pickup for servicing is a nice competitive advantage but how many Genesis owners actually use it as opposed to showing up at the dealer (pandemic numbers may have increased this usage)?

As for courtesy cars, I've never had issues with Benz or Audi but never got one from Acura. I think we're barking up the wrong tree if our expectations are that high with Acura.
As I noted in another thread I visited my local Genesis/Hyundia dealership today to take a look at the G70. That place was a dump which was surprising because it's located in Glendale, Ca. Quite coincedentally it's located right next door to the Glendale Acura dealership. I have no idea what other Genesis dealers look like, but trust me at least at the one I visited if they're picking up cars for service it's because the dealership is a absolute embarrassment and eyesore. If Genesis wants to play with the big boys they're definitely going to have to invest in stand alone locations.
Old 08-29-2021, 07:04 PM

Received 16,266 Likes on 11,974 Posts
Originally Posted by Honda430
As I noted in another thread I visited my local Genesis/Hyundia dealership today to take a look at the G70. That place was a dump which was surprising because it's located in Glendale, Ca. Quite coincedentally it's located right next door to the Glendale Acura dealership. I have no idea what other Genesis dealers look like, but trust me at least at the one I visited if they're picking up cars for service it's because the dealership is a absolute embarrassment and eyesore. If Genesis wants to play with the big boys they're definitely going to have to invest in stand alone locations.
your point is moot since the Genesis dealer will come pick your car up and drop off a loaner.

at your house.

Concierge, if you will.
Old 08-29-2021, 07:07 PM

Received 16,266 Likes on 11,974 Posts
Also, I wouldn't write home about Acura Service centers...
it looks like a dealership/Garage/mechanic shop...ya know, where one would get their car serviced.

there are no bespoke leather chairs, no butlers to serve you grey poupon. it looks like a ford dealership. it looks like a dodge dealership. it looks like a Kia dealership.
because it is a dealership.

I've seen some high end garages/mechanic shops that have a better waiting area than Acura dealerships.

Last edited by justnspace; 08-29-2021 at 07:11 PM.
Old 08-29-2021, 07:21 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,436 Likes on 1,884 Posts
Originally Posted by jhb31
Never had an issue getting a courtesy car with Acura, even once when I was there waiting and they were running behind on the service appmt they gave me a car to run some errands even though the service was only taking an extra hour. Another time driving back from Myrtle Beach hit some metal that came off a scrap truck in front of me and took out two tires and rims. Not sure what dealer in NC it was flatbladed to but I was hundreds of miles away from home on a Saturday morning and they gave me a loaner car to let us go out and get something to eat and in about 2.5 hours of showing up with no appointment they replaced both wheels and tires on my 3rd gen typeS , gave it an alignment and had us back on the road home. Can't really say I have ever had a bad experience with Acura service anywhere.
Come on over to California and your tune might change. Of the three closest dealerships to me, one doesn’t offer loaners period, one has them always booked for months, and one charges $35/day for them.
Old 08-29-2021, 07:58 PM
Pro

Received 544 Likes on 256 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
your point is moot since the Genesis dealer will come pick your car up and drop off a loaner.

at your house.

Concierge, if you will.
Not sure what you issue is. The Hyundai/Genesis dealership I visted was a dump. Plan and simple. Can't understand why that triggered you.
Old 08-29-2021, 09:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
I have spent very little time at any dealer so could care less what the plant looks like as long as the people are courteous & the work is done right. One thing I look at is the condition of the shop. A sloppy place & I am gone. Have never not had a courtesy car waiting if I request one. Drop the car, fill in the form & leave in their car. State inspection have a cup of coffee read my Kindel & out in a half hour.

Can't get excited one way or another over a place I will visit maybe once a year. Don't really get impressed by the Taj Mahal dealerships, I don't talk to a wall, its the people inside the building that count. Been to two Hunyadi dealers one where I bought the Coupe & the one where its serviced. Both neat clean with courteous people. Maybe being courteous is just a Southern thing.
The following users liked this post:
Legend2TL (09-01-2021)
Old 08-29-2021, 09:52 PM
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
I totally get what you’re saying. Crazy thing is the Hyundai/Genesis dealership I got my GV70 from is actually quite a lot nicer than the Acura dealership just a few doors down. The whole experience of getting this new car has been far more pleasant than my dealings with any Acura dealership over the years. And if I don’t feel like going there to get the car serviced, they’ll just come get the car from my house while dropping off a courtesy car in the process. In nearly 30 years of Acura ownership of 10 different cars, I’ve never been voluntarily offered a courtesy car. And on the times where I’ve asked for one, they have never had one available. Weird huh?
That is weird, I automatically get offered a loaner for any service over 2 hrs. Often times I choose to wait and work from dealer since its about 40 min commute to my house but offer is always there. Not sure if you are in a smaller city Maybe? Maybe small market dealers have different practices, oh and my dealership is very nice as well.
Old 08-29-2021, 09:58 PM
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

Benz and Audi is expected since usually there services are so expensive and extensive. Cross your fingers nothing critical else you will be keeping loaner for a week. I had an old neighbor with an S7 and I always knew when it was in for service. He would have the screaming Audi courtesy vechicle on the rear glass parked outside for a week at a time. I am actually looking at an S5 spoetback as a potential option but cases like this scare me.
silverTL6 (09-04-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 06:44 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,613 Likes on 971 Posts
In Montreal, most Hyundai dealerships are renovating or opening new ones and they are super cool. They use this dark brown outside, the dealer looks high end. Also, we have 3 Acura dealers closed by and all of them are excellent in terms of service and presentation. They all serve you water, frits, wi-fi, tablets, coffee, latte and excellent seating area. Very comparable to other premium brands.
Old 09-01-2021, 09:22 AM
®

Received 474 Likes on 224 Posts
Originally Posted by Honda430
That’s an MT article speculating on whether there will be a Type S Integra and what form it would take. Which is appalling being that Acura previously announced that the small sedan they would introduce would get the S treatment. As to the render, it’s third party and not Acura sourced. Entire article is just click bait. No wonder many of you bought into the TLX Type S marketing hook line and sinker.
You are so rude, and so wrong. We bought (I personally didn't) into what Acura marketed and sent out as advertising. All the CGI clips of Type S doing drifts and fake tire smoke in corners, all the launch BS at race tracks, all the "best sports sedan ever", all the "precision crafted performance", etc. But sure, let's blame Motor Trend...
BEAR-AvHistory (09-01-2021)
Old 09-01-2021, 10:32 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,237 Likes on 2,617 Posts
Originally Posted by SRB-TL
You are so rude, and so wrong. We bought (I personally didn't) into what Acura marketed and sent out as advertising. All the CGI clips of Type S doing drifts and fake tire smoke in corners, all the launch BS at race tracks, all the "best sports sedan ever", all the "precision crafted performance", etc. But sure, let's blame Motor Trend...
actual Honda430 is right and not being rude at all. It's just a click bait article from MT with some rendering about what MT envision what the Integra may or may not be.

Last edited by Legend2TL; 09-01-2021 at 10:41 AM.
silverTL6 (09-04-2021)
Old 09-01-2021, 11:00 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Legend2TL
actual Honda430 is right and not being rude at all. It's just a click bait article from MT with some rendering about what MT envision what the Integra may or may not be.
"That’s an MT article speculating on whether there will be a Type S Integra and what form it would take. Which is appalling being that Acura previously announced that the small sedan they would introduce would get the S treatment. As to the render, it’s third party and not Acura sourced. Entire article is just click bait."

Maybe if he had stopped there & left this off

"No wonder many of you bought into the TLX Type S marketing hook line and sinker."

The post would have had a better reception.

Seems based on the gotta have it posts that many fans accepted the Acura marketing as gospel, were willing to pay inflated ADM's for a car that did not deliver on its promise. They also had big problems with those of us that prior to release said the Type-S claims did not hold water. Now all of a sudden nobody believed Acura especially Honda430.

If nobody believed Acura why did people decide we were haters when the product turned out to be what were said it would be.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 09-01-2021 at 11:12 AM.
Old 09-01-2021, 11:37 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
"That’s an MT article speculating on whether there will be a Type S Integra and what form it would take. Which is appalling being that Acura previously announced that the small sedan they would introduce would get the S treatment. As to the render, it’s third party and not Acura sourced. Entire article is just click bait."

Maybe if he had stopped there & left this off

"No wonder many of you bought into the TLX Type S marketing hook line and sinker."

The post would have had a better reception.

Seems based on the gotta have it posts that many fans accepted the Acura marketing as gospel, were willing to pay inflated ADM's for a car that did not deliver on its promise. They also had big problems with those of us that prior to release said the Type-S claims did not hold water. Now all of a sudden nobody believed Acura especially Honda430.

If nobody believed Acura why did people decide we were haters when the product turned out to be what were said it would be.
the hating comes about from those with a consistently negative and toxic attitude about anything with the 2G TLX
and anything positive is yet drowned out as fanboyish. It's already old, have had a couple PM's with some new Type-S owners and both are astounded by the consistent negative attitude by some in this forum.
Heck the 3G TL forum is paradise compared to here , but I imagine all the drama will fade with time

Reminds me to go over to 3G and see how bad the A/C compressor is to get out and in

Last edited by Legend2TL; 09-01-2021 at 11:40 AM.
Old 09-01-2021, 11:56 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 401 Likes on 282 Posts
Rude is being over-used here, you know. I can make RDX slide (a little, obviously) on both wet and dry pavements, and I am sure I can do the same on TLX-S at least the one with all season tires. Acura marketing may be exaggerating, but their cars can still play tricks though not as elegant as real RWD cars.
Old 09-01-2021, 04:35 PM
Air Vice Marshal

Received 300 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by sonyfever
Rude is being over-used here, you know. I can make RDX slide (a little, obviously) on both wet and dry pavements, and I am sure I can do the same on TLX-S at least the one with all season tires. Acura marketing may be exaggerating, but their cars can still play tricks though not as elegant as real RWD cars.
Have you watched the Acura ads of the Blue TLX drifting in clouds of tire smoke?
Old 09-01-2021, 06:44 PM
Suzuka Master

the hating comes about from those with a consistently negative and toxic attitude about anything with the 2G TLX
and anything positive is yet drowned out as fanboyish. It's already old, have had a couple PM's with some new Type-S owners and both are astounded by the consistent negative attitude by some in this forum.
Heck the 3G TL forum is paradise compared to here , but I imagine all the drama will fade with time

Reminds me to go over to 3G and see how bad the A/C compressor is to get out and in
Yeah it must be the passage of time. The TL VS TL-S threads were pretty lively in the 2007-8 period of time. The TL-S guys consensus seemed to be those on us with the "base" TL, base being used as a pejorative, were poor to afford $39,000 for a Type-S. Was funny as hell.
silverTL6 (09-04-2021)
Old 09-01-2021, 07:06 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,154 Likes on 825 Posts
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
Yeah it must be the passage of time. The TL VS TL-S threads were pretty lively in the 2007-8 period of time. The TL-S guys consensus seemed to be those on us with the "base" TL, base being used as a pejorative, were poor to afford $39,000 for a Type-S. Was funny as hell.
While we are back in time, there were no TL vs TL-S threads in the 2002-2003 period of time. During that period, everyone got along well, all focused mainly on constructive topics such as modding, problems, shitty 6AT, fixes, new products, etc. Everyone had fun too.
F23A4 (09-01-2021)
Old 09-01-2021, 08:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,667 Likes on 931 Posts

I came across a couple of new TLX/TLX-S owner posts on Facebook in which this singled out this forum as being relatively toxic when sharing regarding the the product, leaving them a bit dumbfounded and wanting to avoid this board altogether.

As a moderator, I find this unacceptable; hence, my moderator-post in the other thread.

(On a personal note, it makes me wonder how many Yankee fans show up regularly at Citifield just to disparage the Mets when they could be at 'The Stadium' cheering their team onto a wild card slot.)
The following 4 users liked this post by F23A4:
a35tl (09-01-2021), djhtsx (09-02-2021), Edward'TLS (09-01-2021), Legend2TL (09-03-2021)
Old 09-03-2021, 02:01 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by F23A4
I came across a couple of new TLX/TLX-S owner posts on Facebook in which this singled out this forum as being relatively toxic when sharing regarding the the product, leaving them a bit dumbfounded and wanting to avoid this board altogether.

As a moderator, I find this unacceptable; hence, my moderator-post in the other thread.

(On a personal note, it makes me wonder how many Yankee fans show up regularly at Citifield just to disparage the Mets when they could be at 'The Stadium' cheering their team onto a wild card slot.)
Thanks to you and CheeseyPoofs McNut for those posts, those seem to be working as the overall forum tone has improved to more balanced in the past few days.

On your personal note, for amusement click on some squad members names then "Find More Posts by" and many just post in 2G TLX regularly. Perhaps it's the AZ's Citifield?

Last edited by Legend2TL; 09-03-2021 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-03-2021, 02:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,667 Likes on 931 Posts
Thanks to you and CheeseyPoofs McNut for those posts, those seem to be working as the overall forum tone has improved to more balanced in the past few days.

On your personal note, for amusement click on some squad members names then "Find More Posts by" and many just post in 2G TLX regularly. Perhaps it's the AZ's Citifield?
Me being a Met's fan, definite two-edge sword on that one.