2024 tlx

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2023, 06:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 407 Likes on 288 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Pac
We shall hear soon about the MMC stay tune!
Going to be a busy year for Acura.
Old 09-06-2023, 10:37 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,619 Likes on 976 Posts
Agreed! But I noticed everyone is waiting for the 4th Gen RDX that I have no clue and just assuming next year as of 2025 model.
Old 09-07-2023, 10:07 PM
Pro

Received 542 Likes on 265 Posts
Agreed! But I noticed everyone is waiting for the 4th Gen RDX that I have no clue and just assuming next year as of 2025 model.
I wonder if Acura is about to pump the breaks with EV only options for all new Gen. They have been really quiet about the new RDX. I'm sure they will expand EV offerings but going EV only may be too soon. Is everyone going to run and buy Acuras just because they are EV all of a sudden.
Old 09-08-2023, 06:47 AM
Drifting

Received 1,273 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally Posted by dmski
Is everyone going to run and buy Acuras just because they are EV all of a sudden.
Only if Acura is willing to take a loss on nearly every EV sold like for latest Telsas.
Old 09-08-2023, 08:30 AM
AZ Community Team

I think Acura is taking its time for EVs. Japanese manufacturers are very conservative. They know the future of EV

Remember, the new ZDX is based on GM but it will outsell Lyric.

I know in fact Honda doesn't like to sell products at loss....they are all about profits. Otherwise, they would be like Nissan/Infiniti and shutting down dealers and calling Acura, Honda Plus!
Old 09-16-2023, 07:19 PM
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 9 Posts
Still no news on the refresh.

One thing nobody is talking about here is how awful looking the TLX wheels are especially the A-Spec trim. Is like Acura just stopped giving a fuck. The wheels make the car look extra cheap and less sporty. It doesn’t make sense since the last gen wheels and the current Integra have the same design language and better looking wheels.
Old 09-17-2023, 08:01 AM
Drifting

Received 716 Likes on 384 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JDM_809

One thing nobody is talking about here is how awful looking the TLX wheels are especially the A-Spec trim. Is like Acura just stopped giving a fuck. The wheels make the car look extra cheap and less sporty. It doesn’t make sense since the last gen wheels and the current Integra have the same design language and better looking wheels.
That point was beat to a pulp over 2 years ago at nauseum. We know.
The following users liked this post:
MarcoTLX (09-23-2023)
Old 09-17-2023, 08:13 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by JDM_809

Definitely one of the least missed things when I gave up the TLX A-Spec. Luckily the Type S ones at least look the part!
MarcoTLX (09-23-2023)
Old 09-17-2023, 04:32 PM
Instructor

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts
Car and Driver said exterior updates and upgrades to the infotainment.
Old 09-20-2023, 03:34 PM
AZ Community Team

2024 RDX is out. The only model that is still running as 2023 is TLX

As I wrote, stay tuned, the 2024 TLX is on its way. Minor updates, but definitely good ones.
Old 09-20-2023, 10:54 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 444 Likes on 303 Posts

As I wrote, stay tuned, the 2024 TLX is on its way. Minor updates, but definitely good ones.
Hi Tony Pac. Can you elaborate on "but, definitely good ones?" I have a '22 Type S and wanting Acura to
add an "Advance Pkg" like they did on the RDX Aspec, and the MDX Type S Advance. I have the '23 MDX.
I love my TLX Type S, but, as we all know, some "goodies" went missing that the Adv. has, and should be
an option pkg. I like HUD, 360 camera, memory power steering wheel, etc. Hope they do that. Style is fine
for me. I'll trade my 500 mile '22 Type S for a '24 IF they do the Adv. Pkg. And, they don't take away anything
it now has. That has been an issue with many vehicles over the years. New update comes out and when you
look close to what's std....you find some things are gone. Hate that.

Thanks for any info you have that is...a "sure thing?".....LOL!
Old 09-20-2023, 10:59 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by 22TypeS
Car and Driver said exterior updates and upgrades to the infotainment.
I saw that too. Wonder about a touch screen? Kinda doubt it. I'm one of the few who's owned many Acuras with the
"touch pad" and I don't mind it. Once a person gets used to it...it works out fine. Certainly better than what BMW
has had for yrs. But...hmmm....wonder what upgrades to info? Hope we get something soon. As Tony Pac said,
'24's are out....TLX is last one. My dealer has a number of '24 MDX's on the ground. They sell a lot of those.
Many to me over the yrs....LOL!
Old 09-21-2023, 08:18 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
Hi Tony Pac. Can you elaborate on "but, definitely good ones?" I have a '22 Type S and wanting Acura to
add an "Advance Pkg" like they did on the RDX Aspec, and the MDX Type S Advance. I have the '23 MDX.
I love my TLX Type S, but, as we all know, some "goodies" went missing that the Adv. has, and should be
an option pkg. I like HUD, 360 camera, memory power steering wheel, etc. Hope they do that. Style is fine
for me. I'll trade my 500 mile '22 Type S for a '24 IF they do the Adv. Pkg. And, they don't take away anything
it now has. That has been an issue with many vehicles over the years. New update comes out and when you
look close to what's std....you find some things are gone. Hate that.

Thanks for any info you have that is...a "sure thing?".....LOL!

Based on some sources that I have they will do some minor exterior changes but nothing crazy. Interior changes will be wireless Apple carplay, 360 camera for U.S. customers, quieter cabin were on the improvement list. I don't know if there will be HUD and digital gauges. I don't have that info Tbh, we have 360 here in Canada, so nothing big is missing. They should reveal the 2024 model very soon!

Acura and Honda are still struggling with their supply chain issue.
Old 09-21-2023, 08:19 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
I saw that too. Wonder about a touch screen? Kinda doubt it. I'm one of the few who's owned many Acuras with the
"touch pad" and I don't mind it. Once a person gets used to it...it works out fine. Certainly better than what BMW
has had for yrs. But...hmmm....wonder what upgrades to info? Hope we get something soon. As Tony Pac said,
'24's are out....TLX is last one. My dealer has a number of '24 MDX's on the ground. They sell a lot of those.
Many to me over the yrs....LOL!
Infotainment improvement is not touch screen. Software update, faster response time and etc. Acura won't change touchpad in the next couple of years.
Old 09-23-2023, 11:34 AM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah, the 2024 RDX is available on the Acura website now. Zero changes that I see, except for a ~$2500 higher starting price.
MarcoTLX (09-24-2023)
Old 09-24-2023, 03:20 AM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Received 375 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by ScottMZ3
Yeah, the 2024 RDX is available on the Acura website now. Zero changes that I see, except for a ~$2500 higher starting price.
same, went and saw a 2024 MDX Type-S advance today had a msrp of almost $76k
Old 09-24-2023, 08:59 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 388 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by MarcoTLX
same, went and saw a 2024 MDX Type-S advance today had a msrp of almost $76k
Crazy, add a few common options like running boards with installation and all season mats and your pushing 88k give or take plus unother 5k or so sales tax for most people. Don't imagine the type S MDX is flying out the door. The typical MDX driver I see is a mom using it to take the kids to school. Not sure I have ever even seen an MDX type S on the road. I have only seen 3 TLX type S's and one of them I saw twice so really just 2 in total.. I am in NJ so it's not like there are not a million honda/acuras on the road here. Plenty of A-Spec trims though but the majority are the cheapest trim models.

Old 09-24-2023, 09:13 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 388 Likes on 227 Posts
I wonder if Acura is about to pump the breaks with EV only options for all new Gen. They have been really quiet about the new RDX. I'm sure they will expand EV offerings but going EV only may be too soon. Is everyone going to run and buy Acuras just because they are EV all of a sudden.
I hope manufactures don't go all in. Being on the east coast there are tesla's all over the place. I was vacationing away from the east coast and saw almost none, like zero in many towns which was a shock as it seems like in my local area 1 in 10 to 15 vehicles are EVs. What struck me was my perception that people were jumping on these vehicles was slanted due to where I live. Then again with Fed incentives, NJ state incentives, zero state sales tax and no registration tax to cover road costs an EV (like model 3) is not much more expensive than a nicely equiped civic. They are pretty much paying people to buy these cars. The craziest part about it is the main group of people that buy them could afford them just fine without the thoasands of dollars of subisidies given. It's a handout to people that don't need it but that's really not a surprise these days.
Jim2301 (09-25-2023)
Old 09-24-2023, 01:08 PM
Pro

Received 542 Likes on 265 Posts
Originally Posted by jhb31
Crazy, add a few common options like running boards with installation and all season mats and your pushing 88k give or take plus unother 5k or so sales tax for most people. Don't imagine the type S MDX is flying out the door. The typical MDX driver I see is a mom using it to take the kids to school. Not sure I have ever even seen an MDX type S on the road. I have only seen 3 TLX type S's and one of them I saw twice so really just 2 in total.. I am in NJ so it's not like there are not a million honda/acuras on the road here. Plenty of A-Spec trims though but the majority are the cheapest trim models.
It's funny you say this. I'm in Toronto and see A LOT of MDX's Type S on the road. Car is $100K+ CAD here all in and it's not uncommon to see a couple on my drive sometimes. Seeing another TLX Type S is like seeing a unicorn. I have only seen a few in over two years.
Old 09-25-2023, 07:46 AM
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by ScottMZ3
While the starting price did increase $2,300, Acura made SH-AWD standard on the 2024 RDX. If you don't care about SH-AWD, that obviously doesn't help you and you're stuck paying $2,300 more. But if you compare the 2023 SH-AWD prices to the 2024s, the increase is only $100.
Old 09-25-2023, 07:54 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by cwatt79
While the starting price did increase $2,300, Acura made SH-AWD standard on the 2024 RDX. If you don't care about SH-AWD, that obviously doesn't help you and you're stuck paying $2,300 more. But if you compare the 2023 SH-AWD prices to the 2024s, the increase is only $100.
Acura probably also punted and thought, "there's not much fuel economy difference b/w the FWD and AWD so let's simplify our offerings!".
Old 09-25-2023, 03:22 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

It's funny you say this. I'm in Toronto and see A LOT of MDX's Type S on the road. Car is $100K+ CAD here all in and it's not uncommon to see a couple on my drive sometimes. Seeing another TLX Type S is like seeing a unicorn. I have only seen a few in over two years.
Many more MDX versions made vs the TLX. I own both. The MDX Type S Adv. was easier to get. The TLX Type S was more of a struggle. Took dealer trading
to get me one. But, if you want something bad enough there are ways.
Tony Pac (09-25-2023)
Old 09-25-2023, 04:55 PM
AZ Community Team

In Montreal is the same. You see a lot more MDX TYPE S than TLX TYPE S. I went to a few dealer and the MDX is a lot more available without any wait time. TLX TYPE S wait time was given to me from 4-6 months. That's why there is none for test drive. Dealers get one or two. The next day they are off the lot. I found one used TLX and funny enough the car had 23K KM on it and 1.5 year old but the dealer was selling it for $69K and by the time, I called and asked for car fax. The rep sent me an email saying it's reserved and 2 days later. SOLD! My dealer, where I am their customer for years suggested that I order 4-6 months in advance to avoid any delays and I get the color that I want. He said don't rush and get one off the lot.
Old 09-26-2023, 08:16 AM
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by jhb31
MDX Type S doing well un Boston area, I have seen atleast 1 a week since introduction. Like the TLX though they are startinstartingome available at dealers at MSRP. I guess quitely jacking up MSRP is a good tatic of you need to add cash to hood.
Old 10-09-2023, 08:16 PM
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts
Has there been any updates on when the 2024 TLX plans to be released? I have heard rumors from others that the TLX didn't plan to be released this year. Anyone hear that?
Old 10-09-2023, 08:20 PM
Banned

Received 80 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by stevenpsu
Has there been any updates on when the 2024 TLX plans to be released? I have heard rumors from others that the TLX didn't plan to be released this year. Anyone hear that?
we just placed our orders today. Only 3 trims: tech FWD, AWD A Spec and Type S. New color: urban gray (see Honda accord), and….

we think NO changes. Til next year, 2025?? Just odd order and the GM thinks no changes. But we’ll see.
Old 10-09-2023, 08:52 PM
Instructor

Received 338 Likes on 119 Posts
I think potential buyers have their hopes set high and are going to be disappointed. We're going to see a tweaked grill because the radar plate received so much hate, wireless android auto/carplay are no brainers, digital cluster maaybe and probably the 360 Cam/Hud (though Acura is well known for weird trims and might keep doing it) and honestly I think that's probably it. Kind of doubt we'll see the bigger screen from the MDX as that dash sits a bit lower and allows more space without eating into your view. The bigger MDX screen came before the TLX and they chose a smaller one for a reason. The changes are probably going to be so minimal I'd use the MMC to try and get a good deal on the previous gen before settling on the new one unless the few minor changes are worth thousands of dollars to you (assuming you can get a deal on the outgoing model). I'm just a person on the internet though I could be wrong.
Old 10-09-2023, 08:59 PM
Banned

Well. If… If they change anything, this is what it’s going to be:

In car Alexa , no! Digital display. That’s too big of a change for a MMR. Wireless CarPlay and android auto, slight bumper tweak for the removal of the square, lol maybe some new wheels… There is only one package Type S now, all season tire. Just FYI.

It’ll be just like the RDX MMR. Slight tweaks, but nothing major.
Old 10-09-2023, 09:01 PM
Instructor

Received 338 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by thedeathprojects
There is only one package Type S now, all season tire. Just FYI.
It's criminal if it's not on the Y spoke rims at least, those multispokes are uuuuuugly (IMO).
Old 10-09-2023, 09:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DubPK
It's criminal if it's not on the Y spoke rims at least, those multispokes are uuuuuugly (IMO).
it won’t be those rims, just all season tires. On whatever rims they decide.
Old 10-10-2023, 09:30 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 550 Likes on 356 Posts
we just placed our orders today. Only 3 trims: tech FWD, AWD A Spec and Type S. New color: urban gray (see Honda accord), and….

we think NO changes. Til next year, 2025?? Just odd order and the GM thinks no changes. But we’ll see.
I fully expected trims to be slashed and/or combined but no Advance or A-Spec Advance? If so that's baffling to me, as the Advance brings options that should be on this type of car anyway.
The following 2 users liked this post by ESHBG:
frack (10-10-2023), MarcoTLX (10-12-2023)
Old 10-10-2023, 09:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ESHBG
I fully expected trims to be slashed and/or combined but no Advance or A-Spec Advance? If so that's baffling to me, as the Advance brings options that should be on this type of car anyway.
my initial thought was that the Type S would be in “advanced” just put everything on it. And that’s what you have to buy to get in advanced. But it doesn’t appear that way from what we can tell.

but I guess we’ll see in a few months
ESHBG (10-10-2023)
Old 10-10-2023, 11:49 AM
Drifting

my initial thought was that the Type S would be in “advanced” just put everything on it. And that’s what you have to buy to get in advanced. But it doesn’t appear that way from what we can tell.

but I guess we’ll see in a few months
A '24 model that comes out in '24? How quaint!

A far cry from the redesigned flagship MDX that was a 22MY but came out Jan '21. LOL!
Old 10-10-2023, 04:56 PM
AZ Community Team

I am not sure why this is a big deal. Historically, Acura never brought major changes to mid cycle. Everyone should know that TLX is already the best looking car out there. Some minor enchantment like wireless car play and a refreshed grill will be appreciated. I know some really want HUD in TYPE S and 360 in the US. But that depends on the person. 360 would be a good option for many.
The only car that I can think Acura refreshed like 5 times was ILX

I am hoping Acura doesn't play around with TLX too much for two major reasons.
1. It's a beautiful and doesn't really need a drastic refresh.
2. More gadgets and gimmicks will lead to be less reliable and will cost more money to repair.

Cheers!
Old 10-11-2023, 06:57 AM
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 50 Posts
2. More gadgets and gimmicks will lead to be less reliable and will cost more money to repair.
If everyone thought like this, we'd still be riding around on horse buggies! This is not a reason to stymie advancement.
silverTL6 (10-15-2023)
Old 10-11-2023, 09:27 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by cwatt79
If everyone thought like this, we'd still be riding around on horse buggies! This is not a reason to stymie advancement.
I never said that....I appreciate tech and some of the safety measures implemented using new new tech in the last decade. I said gimmicks. ...Adding Zoom and Angry birds are not tech that I want in my car. Slapping a 15 inch tablet isn't sexy! These are called cost cutting and transferring future financial burden to end users.

Old 10-11-2023, 03:58 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ELIN
A '24 model that comes out in '24? How quaint!

A far cry from the redesigned flagship MDX that was a 22MY but came out Jan '21. LOL!
I got my TLX Type-S early July '21 of '21. One of the first to receive theirs in the US.
Old 10-12-2023, 12:45 PM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Received 375 Likes on 249 Posts
it won’t be those rims, just all season tires. On whatever rims they decide.
sounds like the value on Type-S Perf Wheel & Tire Package trims will be going up soon!
ELIN (10-12-2023)
Old 10-12-2023, 12:50 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by GhostTL09
I got my TLX Type-S early July '21 of '21. One of the first to receive theirs in the US.
I picked up my '21 A-Spec in Fall 2020. They slow-rolled the Type S release to the early summer to make it "specialer". The typical release of the TLX has been Fall for the next model year except for this year.
Old 10-12-2023, 09:50 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by MarcoTLX
sounds like the value on Type-S Perf Wheel & Tire Package trims will be going up soon!
I have a set in storage lol 😆
MarcoTLX (10-14-2023)

Quick Reply: 2024 tlx