2024 tlx

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2023, 10:24 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb 2024 tlx

Any word on the scheduled release date for the 2024 TLX?
Old 07-29-2023, 12:48 AM
Administrator

Received 1,017 Likes on 577 Posts
Welcome to the forums. The forum where you originally posted, the AcuraZine User Help, Support & Suggestions Area , is meant for problems, comments, and suggestions for the website itself, so I moved your thread to the car specific forum applicable to your vehicle.

This was explained in the sticky thread at the top of that forum, or click here if you can't find it, which will explain why you shouldn't have posted your thread there.
The following users liked this post:
MarcoTLX (07-29-2023)
Old 07-29-2023, 10:53 AM
Instructor

Received 234 Likes on 99 Posts
No word yet on release date but there has been multiple sightings of camo’d tlx’s around over the last 6 months so highly likely it will have a mid-model refresh when it does come out.
frack (07-29-2023)
Old 07-29-2023, 10:06 PM
mvl
Pro

Received 235 Likes on 160 Posts
Acura announced that a MMR is coming out this year. Nothing specific announced regarding date but my guess is Oct.
Tony Pac (07-30-2023)
Old 07-30-2023, 10:45 AM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
My local Acura dealers haven’t received any more 2023 TLXs for over a month, but plenty of 2024 Integras and 2024 MDXs have been coming in this month.
I’m thinking 2023 TLX production has ended.
2024 TLX likely in September - October.
Old 08-02-2023, 10:41 AM
Drifting

Received 716 Likes on 384 Posts
So all 2024s are out except the TLX? Is there a 2024 RDX? It's after August 1st, so it looks like people will take ownership the 4th qtr of 2023 for a 2024 model. That sucks. Perhaps there are significant changes that has Acura holding out, which would only be a power jump 🤔 or 20 years free oil and differential fluid changes. Maybe Tiger Eye is retired? 😒 🤔
Old 08-02-2023, 12:30 PM
Banned

Received 80 Likes on 47 Posts
We SHOULD see the TLX maybe OCT/NOV? And only 3 trim levels! FWD Tech, AWD A spec, Type S. Period! and only 4 colors in the base car, and the "new" color for the TLX is Urban Gray. A Honda color similar to Liquid Carbon.

My guess on refresh: Put a proper Acura logo on the nose and lose the plastic rectangle. Wireless smartphone integration. In car alexa. And a mild bumper treatment up front (trim less grill)?? And that's about it.
The following 2 users liked this post by thedeathprojects:
rcitrano1964 (09-23-2023), Tony Pac (08-02-2023)
Old 08-02-2023, 01:45 PM
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 50 Posts
@thedeathprojects Where did you get this information from? Wouldn't surprise me to drop the base trim (I've never seen one in person). Tech trim is already FWD only. As the "sporty" trim I understand making A-Spec SH-AWD only. I can't see dropping the Advance trim though - seems like a decent market for what it offers. Unless they add the features currently exclusive to the Advance trim to the A-Spec trim, like the RDX's A-Spec Advance trim? Will be interesting to see what they do.

I think your guesses on the refresh are pretty spot on - they mirror the 2022 RDX refresh. Maybe throw in some increased sound insulation and refreshed suspension tuning for good measure (not that it needs the latter).
Old 08-02-2023, 02:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cwatt79
@thedeathprojects Where did you get this information from? Wouldn't surprise me to drop the base trim (I've never seen one in person). Tech trim is already FWD only. As the "sporty" trim I understand making A-Spec SH-AWD only. I can't see dropping the Advance trim though - seems like a decent market for what it offers. Unless they add the features currently exclusive to the Advance trim to the A-Spec trim, like the RDX's A-Spec Advance trim? Will be interesting to see what they do.

I think your guesses on the refresh are pretty spot on - they mirror the 2022 RDX refresh. Maybe throw in some increased sound insulation and refreshed suspension tuning for good measure (not that it needs the latter).

From the locator. When you look they only show those options. Sad they don't offer AWD in the lower trims....cost savings. Shouldn't offer FWD at all TBO. And Advanced? No one buys that. We only saw 3 all year! I leased on 3 years ago...because the wheels "looked" bigger than the A spec. Lol...and we really only sell Tech and A spec.

Oh, and they MIGHT, My guess here, offer the Type S in "Advanced" trim: heads up, surround camera, etc....only ONE wheel option as well, forgot to mention, so no "summer tires". My guess is the "Advanced" will be the Type S. Just in Type S guise v. the luxury look/feel as previous.

We'll see if I'm right here soon enough.
Old 08-02-2023, 02:05 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,619 Likes on 976 Posts
Originally Posted by thedeathprojects
We SHOULD see the TLX maybe OCT/NOV? And only 3 trim levels! FWD Tech, AWD A spec, Type S. Period! and only 4 colors in the base car, and the "new" color for the TLX is Urban Gray. A Honda color similar to Liquid Carbon.

My guess on refresh: Put a proper Acura logo on the nose and lose the plastic rectangle. Wireless smartphone integration. In car alexa. And a mild bumper treatment up front (trim less grill)?? And that's about it.
I am not sure about changes and colors but I am with you on trims.

In Canada, Acura has RDX A-SPEC and A-SPEC Advance and for TLX, they offer A-SPEC, Advance and TYPE S. I won't be surprised if they do the same in the US. Probably for MMC, they will have A-SPEC Advance and TYPE S Advance. Based on recent partnership with B&O and pricing strategy in Canada. Acura is moving up. I agree with this strategy as the margin is better....why sell more cars with lower margin.

The Integra will be their entry level to attract people to the brand.
Old 08-02-2023, 02:23 PM
Instructor

I can't see them forcing you to buy a sporty trim to get all the features. They've never done that before, and they'd be alienating a lot of customers who want the bells and whistles with a luxury (not sporty) aesthetic. They continue to offer the Advance trim on the RDX and MDX even though they aren't particularly popular, either.
I can definitely see offering the Advance trim combined with A-Spec and Type S. Plenty of customers (myself included) want all the bells and whistles with the sporty aesthetic, and they've surely learned this with the popularity of those combined packages on the SUVs. That's where the real profit is. Take the RDX for example, comparing the Advance to A-Spec Advance trims. The only manufacturing cost added to the A-Spec Advance is 20" wheels versus 19", and sport pedals. Likely negating that added cost, if not more, it actually drops the head up display and traffic sign recognition. Everything else is just a different color/finish of the same thing, yet the A-Spec Advance costs $2,000 more. Cha-ching!
Old 08-02-2023, 02:55 PM
Banned

I can't see them forcing you to buy a sporty trim to get all the features. They've never done that before, and they'd be alienating a lot of customers who want the bells and whistles with a luxury (not sporty) aesthetic. They continue to offer the Advance trim on the RDX and MDX even though they aren't particularly popular, either.
I can definitely see offering the Advance trim combined with A-Spec and Type S. Plenty of customers (myself included) want all the bells and whistles with the sporty aesthetic, and they've surely learned this with the popularity of those combined packages on the SUVs. That's where the real profit is. Take the RDX for example, comparing the Advance to A-Spec Advance trims. The only manufacturing cost added to the A-Spec Advance is 20" wheels versus 19", and sport pedals. Likely negating that added cost, if not more, it actually drops the head up display and traffic sign recognition. Everything else is just a different color/finish of the same thing, yet the A-Spec Advance costs $2,000 more. Cha-ching!
these are the facts. Regardless of what you think. I see this within their system. That’s the way it’s going to be. Only four colors on the base model and only three trim levels.

that’s it.
Old 08-02-2023, 03:01 PM
Instructor

these are the facts. Regardless of what you think. I see this within their system. That’s the way it’s going to be. Only four colors on the base model and only three trim levels.

that’s it.
Oh, I didn't realize you meant some sort of internal system, I thought you were talking about the locator on the consumer website. So they're already producing the 2024 model year? And is it possible that these are the only combinations they've produced thus far, with more to come? I know Honda/Acura produce in large batches of identical configurations.
Old 08-02-2023, 03:08 PM
Banned

Oh, I didn't realize you meant some sort of internal system, I thought you were talking about the locator on the consumer website. So they're already producing the 2024 model year? And is it possible that these are the only combinations they've produced thus far, with more to come? I know Honda/Acura produce in large batches of identical configurations.
well, yes, and no. Them showing in the locator doesn’t mean anything but they are in the system with Acura. So I’m not quite sure if there’s anything actually scheduled to be built, but nothing is currently on the ground. I’ll have to check and see if there’s any specific Build dates or rather build months at this point.

It’s just when they show up in the locator that means that they are ramping up to start production or something along those lines.
Old 08-03-2023, 07:50 AM
AZ Community Team

For refresh, I would love to see the plastic logo removed and replaced by actual Acura logo like Integra, MDX and RDX as well as wireless Apple carplay. Honestly, it's a beautiful car and it doesn't need to be changed. Of course, a lot of people like to have digital gauges, if Acura pushes the same as MDX one would be good. But I personally prefer the analog ones.

Last edited by Tony Pac; 08-03-2023 at 08:13 AM.
Old 08-03-2023, 09:47 AM
Instructor

Received 175 Likes on 89 Posts
We already know that the standard TLX would be receiving the Integra’s grille design and Type S model(s) will be finally adopting the frameless grille from the concept car.
Tony Pac (08-03-2023)
Old 08-15-2023, 02:44 PM
Drifting

....so word on the street is NO '24TLX Type-S refresh.
Old 08-15-2023, 03:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GhostTL09
....so word on the street is NO '24TLX Type-S refresh.
well, it’s going to get the same refresh that the rest of the TLX line gets. And it’s been official,

Front wheel, drive tech, all-wheel-drive aspec, and Type S. That’s all that’s available. And it will get some minor tweaks, as described above most likely.
Old 08-15-2023, 03:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 672 Likes on 417 Posts
Perhaps what's meant is that the Type-S won't have any revised exterior tidbits like the standard TLX is getting. Any interior changes or improved road isolation (as was the case with the RDX) would carry over to the Type-S. Also unlikely that the Type-S see's any performance bump.

Or, it could just mean they're killing off the TLX-S entirely as a failed project and allocating resources to the MDX-S instead.
Old 08-15-2023, 03:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by leomio2.0
Perhaps what's meant is that the Type-S won't have any revised exterior tidbits like the standard TLX is getting. Any interior changes or improved road isolation (as was the case with the RDX) would carry over to the Type-S. Also unlikely that the Type-S see's any performance bump.

Or, it could just mean they're killing off the TLX-S entirely as a failed project and allocating resources to the MDX-S instead.
anything they do to the TLX will carry across to all of them. Well, all three of them. Like I said, they are making a front wheel, drive tech package, and all-wheel-drive a spec package, and the Type S. So whatever tweaks they do to the TLX in general, every one of these will get. And no, they will not change horsepower whatsoever. It is a mid model year refresh so some mild changes, in the bumpers, probably the grill, and then the other tidbits that I mentioned above.

and of course, a lot of missing colors for 24.
Old 08-15-2023, 03:53 PM
Pro

Received 542 Likes on 265 Posts
Minor tweaks to the body. They will stick the larger screen from MDX amd maybe a digital cluster. US will proly get all the missing features that Canadian version has and that's more likely it. We have heard about a new drive mode as well....
Old 08-15-2023, 07:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 672 Likes on 417 Posts
Originally Posted by dmski
Minor tweaks to the body. They will stick the larger screen from MDX amd maybe a digital cluster. US will proly get all the missing features that Canadian version has and that's more likely it. We have heard about a new drive mode as well....
Source? That would require a different mold for the dash ... an expenditure I don't see Acura making for such a low volume seller as the TLX. Unless they're planning on using this interior for a long time to come in next generations. Personally, I wish they would go away from the center drive mode assembly as it's a massive waste of space.

I also much prefer the "old" analog gauges. Just about every digital cluster just looks "cheap" and gimmicky to me ... including high end Bimmers and Benzes.

Last edited by leomio2.0; 08-15-2023 at 07:49 PM.
Old 08-15-2023, 10:49 PM
Drifting

Source? That would require a different mold for the dash ... an expenditure I don't see Acura making for such a low volume seller as the TLX. Unless they're planning on using this interior for a long time to come in next generations. Personally, I wish they would go away from the center drive mode assembly as it's a massive waste of space.

I also much prefer the "old" analog gauges. Just about every digital cluster just looks "cheap" and gimmicky to me ... including high end Bimmers and Benzes.
Drive mode selector should be push and not turn.
The cost of a major liquid crystal gage would be crazy, but other than that it doesn't look high end to me. I prefer analog too. I saw this a few weeks ago...

Sketchy Sticker, and No Kick plate

Old 08-16-2023, 07:44 AM
AZ Community Team

I am confused now after reading an article stating that minor changes. I highly doubt the TLX will get any significant changes for 2024. Thé spied pics that we have seen will be for 2025 model. The 2024 will be available as of September. So it makes sense if they release the MMC as of summer 2024 as a 2025.
Old 08-16-2023, 09:06 AM
Instructor

Received 234 Likes on 99 Posts
Source? That would require a different mold for the dash ... an expenditure I don't see Acura making for such a low volume seller as the TLX.
no new dash required, just the plastic piece surrounding the screen, it was built to fit a bigger screen from the start. I would be shocked if it didnt get the larger screen since its already in the parts bin.

I recently had a loaner MDX and i found the digital gauge cluster to be much harder to read. It felt like i had to look more directly at it to see what my speed/rpms were, i found it very distracting and im glad my tlx doesnt have it. Its the way of the future, but at this point to my eyes its not anywhere near as easy to see as basic analog gauges. Something to do with the depth of the needle. Analog being above the gauge rather then flush with it in a digital set up. Maybe other companies are better, just basing my thoughts on the mdx.
Old 08-16-2023, 12:05 PM
Drifting

Received 1,273 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally Posted by sombasol
I recently had a loaner MDX and i found the digital gauge cluster to be much harder to read. It felt like i had to look more directly at it to see what my speed/rpms were, i found it very distracting and im glad my tlx doesnt have it. Its the way of the future, but at this point to my eyes its not anywhere near as easy to see as basic analog gauges. Something to do with the depth of the needle. Analog being above the gauge rather then flush with it in a digital set up. Maybe other companies are better, just basing my thoughts on the mdx.
Must be the same folks that decided on the font size for the Acura navigation as well. The engineers there must be eagle-eyed!
Old 08-16-2023, 05:39 PM
mvl
Pro

Received 235 Likes on 160 Posts
Window sticker might be a typo. I put the VIN into Acura Dreamshop and it said it was a 2023 TLX.

Acura published a press release last January saying that an MMR was coming this year.
The following 2 users liked this post by mvl:
a35tl (08-17-2023), Tony Pac (08-16-2023)
Old 08-16-2023, 06:48 PM
Drifting

Received 568 Likes on 367 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostTL09
Drive mode selector should be push and not turn.
The cost of a major liquid crystal gage would be crazy, but other than that it doesn't look high end to me. I prefer analog too. I saw this a few weeks ago...

Sketchy Sticker, and No Kick plate

Hard to pass up with that special "Luxury Shield" package!
Old 08-22-2023, 12:21 PM
AZ Community Team

ZDX is revealed and delivery will start early 2024! What’s next for Acura?

The reveal of 2024 TLX 🤞🏽! Looking forward to the reveal? My guess is fall 2023, potentially Detroit Auto Show?
MarcoTLX (08-27-2023)
Old 08-22-2023, 12:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tony Pac
ZDX is revealed and delivery will start early 2024! What’s next for Acura?

The reveal of 2024 TLX 🤞🏽! Looking forward to the reveal? My guess is fall 2023, potentially Detroit Auto Show?
lol. Well. Don’t get too excited. It’s just a super light massage of the current car. You know that, right??
Old 08-22-2023, 12:37 PM
AZ Community Team

lol. Well. Don’t get too excited. It’s just a super light massage of the current car. You know that, right??
correct! Based on the info you provided and a few spy shots. It will be a light or minor enhancements. I don’t have any complain with the current design, but I would love to see a frameless front grill and proper Acura badge. Already those two changes will make me happy

The rest if there is any will be bonus or call it surprise! The car looks awesome and it really doesn’t need much. I know you have mentioned before but what will be the biggest change?
Old 08-24-2023, 05:08 AM
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts
i just want to see the type-s with the advanced goodies and that'll be enough to push me over the edge.

i'll be in the market soon and i'm looking at either the type-s + a beater truck or a -24 trd pro/ranger raptor/colorado zr2
Old 08-24-2023, 06:16 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by jdmvette
i just want to see the type-s with the advanced goodies and that'll be enough to push me over the edge.

i'll be in the market soon and i'm looking at either the type-s + a beater truck or a -24 trd pro/ranger raptor/colorado zr2
Assuming the '24 Type S gets all the Advance features now, anyone think the Advanced trim is gone for good (especially since most dealers claim they don't sell)?
Old 08-24-2023, 06:17 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by jdmvette

Hope so too… at least in Canada, we have heated steering and 360 standard. Just HUD is missing!

I want to see a bigger screen. At least the same size as MDX!
Old 08-24-2023, 06:39 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Tony Pac
I want to see a bigger screen. At least the same size as MDX!
Doubtful. The MDX is the flagship by far and there's no reason to make other "lesser" cars approximate the flagship!
leomio2.0 (08-24-2023)
Old 08-24-2023, 10:14 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by ELIN
Doubtful. The MDX is the flagship by far and there's no reason to make other "lesser" cars approximate the flagship!
I doubt it too...I just wish...I think the TLX screen is not big enough considering today's standard.
Old 08-31-2023, 08:44 PM
5th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
It is def a '23. Going back to the 3rd gen TL they have always done 3 model years then a refresh 04-06, 09-11, and 15-17 on the TLX.
Old 09-01-2023, 12:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 407 Likes on 288 Posts
Originally Posted by ELIN
Tony has been so loyal to Acura - I am pretty sure his wish would come true this time!
The following 2 users liked this post by sonyfever:
ELIN (09-01-2023), Tony Pac (09-01-2023)
Old 09-01-2023, 01:32 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by sonyfever
Tony has been so loyal to Acura - I am pretty sure his wish would come true this time!
hahaha! Let's see.
I have been for 20 years with Honda/Acura! All my life if I count parents...cannot get any better! In 2016, I got CX-5 instead of CRV or RDX as wifey liked Mazda and couldn't fight her. Later renewed the lease in 2020 as Mazda gave me a sick deal!
Old 09-06-2023, 05:16 PM
AZ Community Team

We shall hear soon about the MMC stay tune!
frack (09-06-2023)

Quick Reply: 2024 tlx