2023 TLX User Interface/Touch Pad

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2023, 02:49 PM
Racer

Received 310 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by dmski
For all the hate the track pad gets, when the car is in motion, it's much easier to use. This is coming from my experience just coming off track pad to new car with touch screen. The car reviewers are useless when they test drive the car for a couple of days and shit on the track pad.

Once you memorize each icon location it's a breeze. It's more annoying if you use Applecarplay only. But even with touch screen Carplay is still annoying.
Completely agree. Having another car in the household with a touch screen, I find the touchpad much easier to use while driving. It's nice to not have to reach forward and trying to focus on an item to select. The only time I find the touch screen being more useful is when I have to type in an address, but I rarely need to since the voice-to-text works fairly well.
Old 09-29-2023, 02:57 PM
Drifting

Received 1,273 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally Posted by frainc
And you are still here without a TLX either, lol.
I saw Brooklyn got 6" of rain today. Stay safe on the "Island", my friend!
Old 09-29-2023, 10:00 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good day,when I posted my question about the track pad, I was not sure what the responses would be.
My only interest was and remains to hear from current users who have the real day to day experience of living with it.
Thank you everyone for your informative replies and opinions.
As many have said here, I do not see how a dealer’s test drive would provide anyone with any real-world sense of the design, usage and everyday practicality.
My current 2015 TLX infotainment system is ok, it does not have a crisp display, nor oozes with today’s technology. But it serves my purpose of integrating my phone, navigation and choosing music options, XM, USB, my CD ROM (I will miss it) and the internal HD (will miss it also).
Technology marches forward, not necessarily without hiccups and flaws but hopefully improving with time.
So, I’m still in negotiation form with the dealer and not willing to accept markup over MSRP, and reduce cost of add-ons to a reasonable amount and get a good value on my trade in, which is in excellent shape and tight as a drum.
I’m willing to walk away, uncertain of what special models in 2024 may be in the pipeline (and tech changes). But this current PMC LB Blue and Orchid color interior with blue stitching is very tempting, lose your self-discipline and you go overboard with price, lol,
Thank you all, the story continues…….Cheers, David
The following users liked this post:
Jim2301 (09-30-2023)
Old 09-30-2023, 06:10 AM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Received 375 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by LTBM
Good day,when I posted my question about the track pad, I was not sure what the responses would be.
My only interest was and remains to hear from current users who have the real day to day experience of living with it.
Thank you everyone for your informative replies and opinions.
As many have said here, I do not see how a dealer’s test drive would provide anyone with any real-world sense of the design, usage and everyday practicality.
My current 2015 TLX infotainment system is ok, it does not have a crisp display, nor oozes with today’s technology. But it serves my purpose of integrating my phone, navigation and choosing music options, XM, USB, my CD ROM (I will miss it) and the internal HD (will miss it also).
Technology marches forward, not necessarily without hiccups and flaws but hopefully improving with time.
So, I’m still in negotiation form with the dealer and not willing to accept markup over MSRP, and reduce cost of add-ons to a reasonable amount and get a good value on my trade in, which is in excellent shape and tight as a drum.
I’m willing to walk away, uncertain of what special models in 2024 may be in the pipeline (and tech changes). But this current PMC LB Blue and Orchid color interior with blue stitching is very tempting, lose your self-discipline and you go overboard with price, lol,
Thank you all, the story continues…….Cheers, David
Don’t fall for the markup gimmick on the TLX Type-S this car has been in production since 2021 there’s quite enough TLX-S units out here at various Acura stores around you that someone will give you one at MSRP or even Less!
Old 09-30-2023, 09:00 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 550 Likes on 356 Posts
No, sorry, I had cars going back to the 50's till now, Many of those older cars were long, very long, and we had no safely stuff to tell us our surrounding. If you need that much help in driving today then maybe folks shouldn't be behind the wheel!
I've driven older cars also and those big, rectangular boxes were much easier to see out of than most modern vehicles.
Old 09-30-2023, 11:59 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,619 Likes on 976 Posts
And you are still here without a TLX either, lol.
thank you for pointing it out. I own 2 Acuras (2020 A-Spec MDX & 2010 TL A-Spec) and yet I am questioned about TLX and yet many not just Elin clearly stated that they are sold their Acuras for whatever reasons and moved on as they found German or Korean as better options. To be very honest, I have no issue and I am happy for them. Everyone is paying for themselves, so they can buy whatever they want but it’s not fair when you’re asking someone like me about TLX.

I hate asking people about their finance or personal issues but I can buy any car today if I want. I always paid cash for my cars and tlx wouldn’t be any issue for me to go and get it tomorrow. But I have said it before I have small kids and the backseat of tlx isn’t ideal with two small kids, especially if they are in bucket seats. Also in Canada with snow, a sedan with kids getting in and out is horrible. I did it before with TL and not fun. Anyway, still I have nothing against Elin. He can say wherever he wants but we are all curious when he is getting his next zdx
Old 09-30-2023, 12:26 PM
Drifting

Received 1,273 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Pac
Anyway, still I have nothing against Elin. He can say wherever he wants but we are all curious when he is getting his next zdx
To that, I can only refer to this from the MDX thread (which you are also in):

Originally Posted by ELIN
Prediction: zero emission targets for states will be rolled back maybe a decade or more.

The horror stories of battery range anxiety coupled with EV stations w/damaged or non-working chargers far outweigh the good publicity ones.

There's a scene in the Apple TV+ series "Invasion" where a family is waiting in a queue for their Tesla to charge while at a convenience store. The family decides to steal someone else's ICE car to make a quick getaway (what else are you going to do in an emergency, wait for your EV to fully charge?!!!).
Tony Pac (09-30-2023)
Old 09-30-2023, 01:16 PM
Racer

Received 151 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by ELIN
I saw Brooklyn got 6" of rain today. Stay safe on the "Island", my friend!
Thanks, but I don't live in Brookly, only got one inch, so all is good.
Old 09-30-2023, 02:14 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,619 Likes on 976 Posts
@ELIN Nothing but respect! I mean it. Hope one day, Acura brings you back. I am with you, I will never get an EV either We are on the same both!
ELIN (09-30-2023)
Old 10-01-2023, 11:51 AM
Racer

Received 151 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by ESHBG
I've driven older cars also and those big, rectangular boxes were much easier to see out of than most modern vehicles.
You still had to be careful when parking, etc. due to the size of them without any safely stuff. And I could also see out of my TLX without any problems either. I know they are cars out there where it's harder to see due to their shapes.