Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2023, 08:41 AM
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 73 Posts

Old 03-01-2023, 08:48 AM
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by TypeS22
I got my ATLP Catback and A pipe installed. I love it. Sounds so good. Check the type s Group on fb for the video
NICE! Can you please leave the video here? I don't have FB. Also, looks fantastic!! Impressions? Any modest weight savings or power gains?
Old 03-01-2023, 08:55 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by BadMoonRyzen
NICE! Can you please leave the video here? I don't have FB. Also, looks fantastic!! Impressions? Any modest weight savings or power gains?

it won’t let me 20mb and video is 125mb can shorten it that much
Old 03-01-2023, 08:57 AM
Instructor

it won’t let me 20mb and video is 125mb can shorten it that much
Gotcha, and it's not on YouTube I take it? I'll see if I can google the FB group. Impressions?
Old 03-01-2023, 09:02 AM
Instructor

Gotcha, and it's not on YouTube I take it? I'll see if I can google the FB group. Impressions?
Not on YouTube, it’s really nice. The quality of everything is superb. The sound is awesome. The pops when shifting are loud. Night and day difference vs oem. Sound u can tell even on comfort or normal but I love it in sport mode. Worth every penny. Now just waiting for my pre ordered intake.
Old 03-01-2023, 09:03 AM
Instructor

The following users liked this post:
Legend2TL (04-22-2023)
Old 03-01-2023, 09:09 AM
Instructor

Not on YouTube, it’s really nice. The quality of everything is superb. The sound is awesome. The pops when shifting are loud. Night and day difference vs oem. Sound u can tell even on comfort or normal but I love it in sport mode. Worth every penny. Now just waiting for my pre ordered intake.
Nice! It does look very well constructed. How loud is the sound with the valves open? I'm hoping not too loud, but louder than stock. Also, any slight performance gains?

Looks awesome! Welds look good.
Old 03-01-2023, 09:13 AM
Instructor

Nice! It does look very well constructed. How loud is the sound with the valves open? I'm hoping not too loud, but louder than stock. Also, any slight performance gains?

Looks awesome! Welds look good.

it’s definitely loud with valves open but a nice subtle sound nothing too loud and obnoxious. gains maybe a little I haven’t dyno’d it and I’m not going to get a k tuner.
Old 03-01-2023, 09:16 AM
Instructor

it’s definitely loud with valves open but a nice subtle sound nothing too loud and obnoxious. gains maybe a little I haven’t dyno’d it and I’m not going to get a k tuner.
Gotcha, thank you very much for the update. I'm just excited to not only get the exhaust installed, but to be able to lug my bike around again.
Old 03-01-2023, 09:20 AM
Instructor

Gotcha, thank you very much for the update. I'm just excited to not only get the exhaust installed, but to be able to lug my bike around again.
yea zero issues with my hitch. Did u install yours? I’m assuming u did and then u ordered the exhaust without the valves? Looking during the install I still think the hitch would still need to be modified with that new exhaust. It’s those damn Valves that are in the way.
Old 03-01-2023, 09:22 AM
Instructor

yea zero issues with my hitch. Did u install yours? I’m assuming u did and then u ordered the exhaust without the valves? Looking during the install I still think the hitch would still need to be modified with that new exhaust. It’s those damn Valves that are in the way.
I did not install yet as I've got the stock exhaust, but I did order the ATLP with the valve delete to be able to install the hitch without modification, and it helped me justify the cost of the exhaust, naturally.
Old 03-01-2023, 09:26 AM
Instructor

I did not install yet as I've got the stock exhaust, but I did order the ATLP with the valve delete to be able to install the hitch without modification, and it helped me justify the cost of the exhaust, naturally.

now since I think of it. Without the valves it won’t be loud much. I like the control I can open it up when we I want to hear it louder or race someone lol. You’ll still notice the sound difference vs stock tho.
Old 03-01-2023, 01:05 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just got my ATLP catback exhaust installed today, and it’s AWESOME! Completely night and day vs the stock. It’s loud enough for me without the A pipe, but I may still consider it in the future. I haven’t floored it in Sport mode yet, but didn’t notice the pops during shifts. Do you think it’s because I don’t have the A pipe installed?
Old 03-01-2023, 01:22 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nick’s Type S
Just got my ATLP catback exhaust installed today, and it’s AWESOME! Completely night and day vs the stock. It’s loud enough for me without the A pipe, but I may still consider it in the future. I haven’t floored it in Sport mode yet, but didn’t notice the pops during shifts. Do you think it’s because I don’t have the A pipe installed?
I was told that A pipe makes a difference that’s why I got them together. The pops are most noticeable during the first 2 shifts. Assuming u got urs with valves like I did.
Old 03-01-2023, 02:37 PM
Instructor

Received 234 Likes on 99 Posts
I only have the A pipe and the pops are much more frequent and loud, i think it has more to do with the pops then the exhaust. Also flooring it would help obviously too. more gas more bangs.
Old 03-01-2023, 02:53 PM
Intermediate

I was told that A pipe makes a difference that’s why I got them together. The pops are most noticeable during the first 2 shifts. Assuming u got urs with valves like I did.
Yup…got the active valves on mine.
Old 03-01-2023, 02:54 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sombasol
I only have the A pipe and the pops are much more frequent and loud, i think it has more to do with the pops then the exhaust. Also flooring it would help obviously too. more gas more bangs.
yeah I’ll punch it for sure in both sport modes with the windows down to see if I can hear more of an audible pop.
Old 03-01-2023, 07:33 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nick’s Type S
Nice! How much louder would you say it is over stock? Also, any perceptible power/performance changes?
Old 03-01-2023, 08:18 PM
Intermediate

Nice! How much louder would you say it is over stock? Also, any perceptible power/performance changes?
It’s about 2X louder with more of an aggressive growl, and that’s even in Normal mode. The valves close on comfort as expected. No noticeable performance changes yet, but I have a few things to do including a tune to really bring out the mods I have.
Old 03-13-2023, 07:36 PM
Instructor

For those that ended up with the ATLP A pipe, have you noticed any increased smells? I've read twice lately that once adding that the smell inside the car was much worse so want to confirm before I install that with the exhaust when it arrives. Thanks!
Old 03-13-2023, 07:48 PM
Instructor

For those that ended up with the ATLP A pipe, have you noticed any increased smells? I've read twice lately that once adding that the smell inside the car was much worse so want to confirm before I install that with the exhaust when it arrives. Thanks!

Nope nothing at all I've noticed. I think Marcus did mention an initial break in smell in and then it should disipate. It won't be anything permanent that's for sure

Last edited by TypeS22; 03-13-2023 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-13-2023, 07:56 PM
Instructor

Nope nothing at all I've noticed. I think Marcus did mention an initial break smell in and then it should disipate. It won't be anything permanent that's for sure
Ok, awesome. I didn’t think so, but with reading it twice so far I figured I would ask. Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 03-13-2023, 08:03 PM
Instructor

Ok, awesome. I didn’t think so, but with reading it twice so far I figured I would ask. Thanks for the quick reply.
You'll love it. Install was super easy and im glad I got the A pipe at the same time. The sound is perfect and you'll tell the difference vs stock.
BadMoonRyzen (03-14-2023)
Old 03-13-2023, 08:58 PM
Instructor

No smells at all, now if you remove the primary that would be a different story.
BadMoonRyzen (03-14-2023)
Old 03-13-2023, 09:59 PM
Family Hauler

Received 159 Likes on 75 Posts
Does anyone have the ATLP exhaust? I saw some recent posts on IG by and Acura technician who was going to install one for a client and there was an apparent quality issue with the muffler section, specifically with one of the muffler flaps that’s controlled by the active exhaust system. The technician also pointed out the weld quality, which did look below subpar. Can any other ATLP exhaust owners confirm how their exhaust turned out when they received it?
Old 03-14-2023, 06:26 AM
Instructor

You'll love it. Install was super easy and im glad I got the A pipe at the same time. The sound is perfect and you'll tell the difference vs stock.
Tell the difference as in power wise? Now that you've had it installed awhile, you still feel the sound with the valves open is plenty livable on a day to day basis?
Old 03-14-2023, 06:36 AM
Instructor

Tell the difference as in power wise? Now that you've had it installed awhile, you still feel the sound with the valves open is plenty livable on a day to day basis?
not really sure on the power, it’s really hard to tell hp from a simple exhaust. With valves open it’s pretty aggressive. I wouldn’t want to drive on it on a consistent basis. In normal mode you can hear it but not as loud as on sport mode. I’m assuming urs without the valves you’ll be on normal mode always. You’ll still tell difference from stock but it’ll be minor.
Old 03-14-2023, 06:38 AM
Instructor

not really sure on the power, it’s really hard to tell hp from a simple exhaust. With valves open it’s pretty aggressive. I wouldn’t want to drive on it on a consistent basis. In normal mode you can hear it but not as loud as on sport mode. I’m assuming urs without the valves you’ll be on normal mode always. You’ll still tell difference from stock but it’ll be minor.
Yes, I'll be in normal mode 99% of the time. So what you're saying is you think even with the valves open all the time, it will still be quieter in normal mode than sport mode?
Old 03-14-2023, 06:41 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by caLiTLX
Does anyone have the ATLP exhaust? I saw some recent posts on IG by and Acura technician who was going to install one for a client and there was an apparent quality issue with the muffler section, specifically with one of the muffler flaps that’s controlled by the active exhaust system. The technician also pointed out the weld quality, which did look below subpar. Can any other ATLP exhaust owners confirm how their exhaust turned out when they received it?
Theres so many posts, videos, pictures and the first thing you see is his review on Insta. He’s hating on the exhaust because he’s working with function works to promote their exhaust and products. I received the first batch and have zero complaints. Welds are perfect. I love mine. If you’re scared to shell out 2k on an exhaust then don’t do it. There’s a lot of us that shelled out the money sight unseen and life goes on right?
Old 03-14-2023, 06:46 AM
Pro

Received 499 Likes on 244 Posts
Sorry to be the wet blanket here. I've always been reluctant to go catless, the resulting uncatalyzed hydrocarbons are carcinogenic and would have cumulative effects on my kids (and myself) over the years of exposure.
Old 03-14-2023, 06:47 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by bilirubin
Sorry to be the wet blanket here. I've always been reluctant to go catless, the resulting uncatalyzed hydrocarbons are carcinogenic and would have cumulative effects on my kids (and myself) over the years of exposure.
Even after passing through the primary cat?
Old 03-14-2023, 06:52 AM
Instructor

I wouldn’t mess with the cat’s or the dp. I’m fine with the exhaust and a pipe. I’m not looking for any other sound and doubt I’ll feel more power with those.
Old 03-14-2023, 08:19 AM
Instructor

I wouldn’t mess with the cat’s or the dp. I’m fine with the exhaust and a pipe. I’m not looking for any other sound and doubt I’ll feel more power with those.
… but the A pipe is messing with the cats, there is a secondary cat in the A pipe that is removed when you use the after market ones.

I’ve got just the A-pipe, no cat back and there is absolutely no smell. The cat in the primary dp does the vast majority of the work, the cat in the secondary (a-pipe) is basically just there to clean up if anything sneaks through the primary. Its also a flow succubus, there is no O2 sensor on it so no lights if you remove it.

Doing just the A-pipe increases volume just slightly over stock (not noticeable in with valves closed at all, but there is more volume in sport, sport+) but definitely more and louder cracks and pops in Sport +. I personally would not want the car any louder then what the A pipe offers, and as a lot of the posts seem to state, some people are hesitant to put it in sport with a cat back due to it being so loud. Id rather not have to worry about that and just stick with the A pipe that probably frees up more flow then doing the rest of the cat back.

heres a pic of the plug your removing by doing the A pipe…

and for only $299??? Hard to get an effective quality mod that cheap any more.
Old 03-14-2023, 08:32 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by sombasol
… but the A pipe is messing with the cats, there is a secondary cat in the A pipe that is removed when you use the after market ones.

I’ve got just the A-pipe, no cat back and there is absolutely no smell. The cat in the primary dp does the vast majority of the work, the cat in the secondary (a-pipe) is basically just there to clean up if anything sneaks through the primary. Its also a flow succubus, there is no O2 sensor on it so no lights if you remove it.

Doing just the A-pipe increases volume just slightly over stock (not noticeable in with valves closed at all, but there is more volume in sport, sport+) but definitely more and louder cracks and pops in Sport +. I personally would not want the car any louder then what the A pipe offers, and as a lot of the posts seem to state, some people are hesitant to put it in sport with a cat back due to it being so loud. Id rather not have to worry about that and just stick with the A pipe that probably frees up more flow then doing the rest of the cat back.

heres a pic of the plug your removing by doing the A pipe…

and for only $299??? Hard to get an effective quality mod that cheap any more.
Where did you read people are hesitant to put it in sport mode with the A Pipe and catback because it was too loud? That is a worry of mine, but I don't mind if it's louder than stock, just not too loud. Plus, I ordered the exhaust without the valves as I need to be able to install a trailer hitch and the valves get in the way.
Old 03-14-2023, 09:37 AM
Pro

Correct, many carcinogenic gasses will persist despite going thru the primary cat. The secondary cat reduces those substrates even further. It's also worth mentioning the "smell test" is not reliable as some unburned hydrocarbons (in addition to nitrous oxide (not to be confused with dioxide) and carbon monoxide) are odorless.
Old 03-14-2023, 10:47 AM
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Correct, many carcinogenic gasses will persist despite going thru the primary cat. The secondary cat reduces those substrates even further. It's also worth mentioning the "smell test" is not reliable as some unburned hydrocarbons (in addition to nitrous oxide (not to be confused with dioxide) and carbon monoxide) are odorless.

but how would you be actually breathing any of this in?
Old 03-14-2023, 10:57 AM
Instructor

I went with the FW downpipe single 200 cell cat. beautiful piece. I got it ceramic coated, then wrapped and still kept the stock heat sheilds. Intake air temp has dropped significantly. (Im using a custom short ram intake until my new one comes in) I was getting a ton of heat soak before swapping out the DP.

I also did a cutout on the A pipe but I'm waiting for my boost controller to come in. It's opening up way too early with minimal boost and it's loud AF. (basically an open downpipe from 3k on) I'll set it up to open around 15-18 PSI.
Old 03-14-2023, 03:38 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by FckFiat
but how would you be actually breathing any of this in?
You'll be surprised how much exhaust fumes we're inhaling. And don't forget it's the small but cumulative exposure over time that increase the odds of developing cancer.
Old 03-14-2023, 04:35 PM
Instructor

You'll be surprised how much exhaust fumes we're inhaling. And don't forget it's the small but cumulative exposure over time that increase the odds of developing cancer.

oh you're saying in general, you don't want to add to the overall environment. to each his own I guess.
Old 03-14-2023, 05:16 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by FckFiat
oh you're saying in general, you don't want to add to the overall environment. to each his own I guess.
Not just in general. For example, simply driving into a garage, turning off the car and getting out, you and your kids are breathing in small quantities of unburned hydrocarbons.

Quick Reply: 2021 TLX Type S downpipe advice needed