2021 TLX 2.0T - Official Pricing and Specs

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2020, 11:19 AM
2016 Acura TLX

Received 137 Likes on 89 Posts
Acura needs more high end features and materials to justify their Advanced package. By removing items that were previously available on the Tech package, it really tells you that there's not much innovation going on.
Old 08-21-2020, 11:28 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 255 Posts
Originally Posted by honda_nut
Acura needs more high end features and materials to justify their Advanced package. By removing items that were previously available on the Tech package, it really tells you that there's not much innovation going on.
Like what are you thinking? Do you mean stuff like "Park Itself" or something else?

I've posted about it before. There is basically one-too-many Trim Levels for today's high-tech world.
Old 08-21-2020, 12:11 PM
Pro

Received 544 Likes on 256 Posts
I’m inclined to buy an Advance stick a spoiler on it and call it a day. Good looking budget 5 series alternative.
Old 08-21-2020, 01:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by fiatlux
I wonder how the base model is going to stack up against the Accord Touring.
It's going to be real interesting in a couple of years once the 11G Accord is expected to arrive...
I've been thinking (I know, dangerous ).

For 2021, the TLX is really no-longer a gussied-up Accord. It's something different now. Sure, compare "like cars and mid-size sedans" ... but this close-relationship is gone now.
I know I've been lacking on this point (especially as we compare trim-features).

Last edited by Tesla1856; 08-21-2020 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-21-2020, 01:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Honda430
I’m inclined to buy an Advance stick a spoiler on it and call it a day. Good looking budget 5 series alternative.
We added the (large) Factory-OEM spoiler to the Maxima (actually, the wife wanted it) ... a well-made (sturdy) color-matched dealer-installed option. It looked very cool.

The catch was that the trunk no longer opened-up all the way open when popped (due to the extra weight). You live and learn.
Old 08-22-2020, 09:37 AM
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by ESHBG
Hard pass, overpriced for what it is. From the C&D article:

Acura is charging a lot more for the new version of its TLX sedan, as the sports sedan's starting price jumps $4500 over its predecessor. The base 2021 Acura TLX 2.0T starts at $38,525 and ranges up to nearly $50,000 when fully loaded, reflecting its extra power, features, and more stylish looks compared with the previous TLX. Acura isn't providing official pricing yet for the performance-oriented TLX Type S, which won't go on sale until next year, but claims it will start in the low-$50,000 range. That model has a 355-hp turbocharged 3.0-liter V-6 and standard SH-AWD.

Acura, thank you for making a long time loyal customer's decision so much easier
Tell me about it. Long time loyal Acura owner. RDX is very overpriced for what it is - way too much road noise and worse real-life performance (passing maneuvers, 5-60) than the previous RDX which was an excellent value for what it was. The 1G TLX, for all the flack it took, was an excellent value for what it was. This is not. It is priced like an Audi. I'd rather get the real thing or go Genesis, which looks to be a good value for what it is.
The following 2 users liked this post by AcuraGuy2016:
ESHBG (08-22-2020), pyrodan007 (08-22-2020)
Old 08-22-2020, 10:10 AM

Received 16,267 Likes on 11,974 Posts
Originally Posted by Tesla1856
We added the (large) Factory-OEM spoiler to the Maxima (actually, the wife wanted it) ... a well-made (sturdy) color-matched dealer-installed option. It looked very cool.

The catch was that the trunk no longer opened-up all the way open when popped (due to the extra weight). You live and learn.
easily solved by changing out the trunk spring that goes along with the spoiler.
The following users liked this post:
BEAR-AvHistory (08-22-2020)
Old 08-22-2020, 10:41 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 550 Likes on 356 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuraGuy2016
Tell me about it. Long time loyal Acura owner. RDX is very overpriced for what it is - way too much road noise and worse real-life performance (passing maneuvers, 5-60) than the previous RDX which was an excellent value for what it was. The 1G TLX, for all the flack it took, was an excellent value for what it was. This is not. It is priced like an Audi. I'd rather get the real thing or go Genesis, which looks to be a good value for what it is.
This is totally the part I am struggling with and Acura's niche was for the money, a decent choice because there was a lot of bang for the buck. Now they want to stick with their lackluster packages and their reliability has declined but yet they have pushed upmarket. When you are already teetering this will be a death sentence.
The following 3 users liked this post by ESHBG:
BEAR-AvHistory (08-22-2020), Carnage719 (08-22-2020), pyrodan007 (08-22-2020)
Old 08-22-2020, 11:08 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AcuraGuy2016

1. The 1G TLX, for all the flack it took, was an excellent value for what it was. This is not. It is priced like an Audi.

2. I'd rather get the real thing or go Genesis, which looks to be a good value for what it is.
1. It's only $1300 more. It has always been priced like a low-end Audi A4 .

2. Then go get a Genesis . On their forum, you can be GenesisGuy2020

Old 08-22-2020, 11:23 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by justnspace
easily solved by changing out the trunk spring that goes along with the spoiler.
Right, I've be told that is how Honda handles it (like on a 2004 Accord).

The trunk on the Maxima still popped up (about half-way), so not a big deal.
It was just a anecdotal comment about spoiler/fins. Still reminds me of "No Capes! " from The Incredibles movie .

Old 08-22-2020, 11:52 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
So my morning read of this thread...the 2021 TLX is bridging the gap from the Gen 1 TLX, which was designed to bridge the gap from the Tx to the TL (hence the TLX name). Nobody here is happy about it because it is neither as cheap as it was, nor as nice the further upmarket niche it is trying to fill.

I must admit that I’m going back and forth as to whether it is a finalist for my next car or not. To get the “must have” features I want, its looking like it will be every bit of $60,000. That is a price range that has quite a few credible competitors in my book. And it would leave the price/value option leader to the Genesis/Stinger. The Stinger is getting some tweaks for 2021. While, they are somewhat minor, the new screen looks a lot better and is functionally bigger.
Old 08-22-2020, 12:24 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,445 Likes on 1,892 Posts
Originally Posted by jjsC5
So my morning read of this thread...the 2021 TLX is bridging the gap from the Gen 1 TLX, which was designed to bridge the gap from the Tx to the TL (hence the TLX name). Nobody here is happy about it because it is neither as cheap as it was, nor as nice the further upmarket niche it is trying to fill.

I must admit that I’m going back and forth as to whether it is a finalist for my next car or not. To get the “must have” features I want, its looking like it will be every bit of $60,000. That is a price range that has quite a few credible competitors in my book. And it would leave the price/value option leader to the Genesis/Stinger. The Stinger is getting some tweaks for 2021. While, they are somewhat minor, the new screen looks a lot better and is functionally bigger.
There's a saying that gets mentioned a lot in business school: "You either want to be at the lower end of the market, or at the upper end of the market. The middle is where companies go to die". Of course, it's an oversimplification, but it has its merits: upper end of the market is where the aspirational brands are, which gives it staying power, and lower end of the market is where price-sensitive and value seeking individuals are. The middle is tough because there isn't one thing you can point too: if you want value, you go down, and if you want better, you go up. It seems like in the entry-level luxury space, you have Genesis at the lower end (and Infiniti once they finish their transformation into being Nissan+), this new Acura in the middle, and Audi/Mercedes/BMW (and maybe Lexus and Volvo if we're being extra generous) at the upper end. Not a good spot to be in for Acura.

I can't shake the feeling that the reason they've decided to start move upmarket is because they're starting to feel the pressure from Genesis and (to a lesser extent) Mazda and their own Touring trim Hondas. Acura historically differentiated itself from Honda and other mainstream brands by offering more features and tech, things that you typically find only on luxury cars. These days, though, there is a lot more parity in terms of feature and tech between the mainstream and luxury brands, and Acura can no longer use that as a way to justify the price premium over the mainstream cars. Hard to stomach paying more for an Acura when you get more features and better tech on a cheaper Hyundai, and honestly the build quality is no better than a Honda, which is forcing them to re-invent what they are.

Last edited by fiatlux; 08-22-2020 at 12:36 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by fiatlux:
ESHBG (08-22-2020), pnoi521 (09-17-2020)
Old 08-22-2020, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by jjsC5

I've shared a video in one of the main TLX threads talking about "The Osborne Effect"

basically; big auto manufactures are lying to us....to basically bridge the gap between ICE and EV cars.
Cant encroach ICE sales by promising EV's in the future.
so they lie to us, to get us to buy current ICE vehicles, when in fact, everyone knows that EV's are the future.
The brands that cant transition to EV's will die. So, they Lie to us to keep us buying ICE vehicles.
GM and Ford spend BILLIONS on marketing. instead of spending the billions on marketing in 2018, they could have spent those billions to invest in "gigafactories" or factories that can pump out EV's at scale.
they're lying to us by promising in the near future, this certain car will come out.... but when that year comes by, they say...oh, no...it;s been pushed back a few years. and so on and so on.
Cant encroach current sales, because that's their life line.

we have many people here that have stated their next car will be an EV.
why waste money and time on an incremental vehicle or bridge vehicle like the TLX?

Last edited by justnspace; 08-22-2020 at 12:35 PM.
benjaminh (08-23-2020)
Old 08-22-2020, 12:55 PM

I've had my 2006 6MT TL for 10 years now...I've reached my goal of keeping it that long...I now want to reach another 10 years. I do believe my next car will be an EV, if I stick to my goals.
PaulM9999 (08-24-2020)
Old 08-22-2020, 01:00 PM
Burning Brakes

1. we have many people here that have stated their next car will be an EV.

2. why waste money and time on an incremental vehicle or bridge vehicle like the TLX?
Interesting, but I think ...

1. Because these (upper middle class) people already have a dependable ICE vehicle in the garage (The 100% EV would be a "second car"). Leased-and-Released because the batteries wear-out.

2. If anything, PHEV (Hybrids) are the future ... mainly because:

a. you can refuel it in minutes (and then immediately drive it to next city or state).

b. It's easier to find a gas-station than a re-charging station.

c. Electricity is not free (or even cheap).

In 5-10 years, I'll re-evaluate. Only thing that I can imagine changing my opinion is if I get solar or windmill here at my residence.

Last edited by Tesla1856; 08-22-2020 at 01:04 PM.
justnspace (08-22-2020)
Old 08-22-2020, 01:02 PM

short term future for sure = PHEV.
but as technology gets better and better....

that instant torque is to die for! The Model 3 is killing Huracans! lol
less moving parts in an EV, EV's are more dependable in a sense.

Last edited by justnspace; 08-22-2020 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-22-2020, 01:38 PM
not superchaged

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
It looks like an Advnaced 2.0T SH-AWD is priced just below its bench mark the Audi A4 when similarly equipped. I have a hard time accepting that price when a $36K Accord 2.0T Touring is already a great car with a lot more interior space and it's probably a better daily. Interior space is another thing that boggles my mind with the TLX Gen 2, with the wheel base 3.7" longer compared to the Gen 1 but interior volume remains the same at 93.4 cb/ft which makes no sense to me. How does a car that rides on a midsize accord platform have nearly 30 cb/ft less space? The lack of space is a huge concern for me since I have to drive around older family members.

At this point I think I'll go with the 2021 Accord Touring or Sonata N Line
Old 08-22-2020, 02:19 PM
Burning Brakes

My brother just sent me this. I don't subscribe to this channel, but this guy apparently reviews mostly Japanese vehicles.
Kirk seems to do a good job explaining options. He's a little hung-up on pricing (but many people are, so no big surprise there).
For prospective 2021 TLX 2.0T buyers in this thread ... just ignore talk about the OTHER new Acura car coming soon ( TLX Type-S , rumored to replace the RLX).

Old 08-22-2020, 03:24 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 381 Likes on 235 Posts
Replace the RLX with the Type S how? The RLX was an attempt to compete with the 5-series, E-class and A6. The TLX-S can barely even compete with the top end 3-series, C-class and S4. If TLX sales go well, they may bring the RLX back, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say sales likely won't be, especially after the first year when the 'gotta-have-it effect' of a brand new car wears off.

Unless you mean as their "flagship" simply for being Acura's top end sedan ... which is equally as embarrassing.
ESHBG (08-23-2020)
Old 08-22-2020, 03:34 PM

whoever said that they're competing with themselves... is likely correct.
they're not going after MB, BMW, Audi, or even the Koreans.

they just want their accord buyers to step up into a TLX.
I asked the CIO of the company I work for why he chose the 10th gen Accord over everything, and he said familiarity. it's familiar to what he's bought before, a family of hondas. plus the lease rates were great!

Last edited by justnspace; 08-22-2020 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-22-2020, 03:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by leomio85
Replace the RLX with the Type S how? The RLX was an attempt to compete with the 5-series, E-class and A6. The TLX-S can barely even compete with the top end 3-series, C-class and S4. If TLX sales go well, they may bring the RLX back, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say sales likely won't be, especially after the first year when the 'gotta-have-it effect' of a brand new car wears off.

Unless you mean as their "flagship" simply for being Acura's top end sedan ... which is equally as embarrassing.
I thought that new video had some good (relevant) info about the car coming-out next month. The key-phrase in that sentence was "ignore talk of the other car".
And before that, a moderator posted in my thread about EV (a moderator ... so I responded).

You might want to go view the "leaked" dealer-video that contains the Acura roadmap.

Can we please get back on target? (pretty please) .
Old 08-22-2020, 03:55 PM
Burning Brakes

1. they just want their accord buyers to step up into a TLX.
2. why he chose the 10th gen Accord over everything, and he said familiarity. it's familiar to what he's bought before, a family of hondas.
1. Hasn't Acura and Lexus always done that ? But now, it's not even a gussied-up Accord any more.
2. Yeah, it's not going be easy turning-over the keys to my 2004 Accord V6 . But I will, because it's gonna be awesome.
Old 08-22-2020, 09:16 PM
Racer

Received 171 Likes on 106 Posts
This is totally the part I am struggling with and Acura's niche was for the money, a decent choice because there was a lot of bang for the buck. Now they want to stick with their lackluster packages and their reliability has declined but yet they have pushed upmarket. When you are already teetering this will be a death sentence.
I was a late-comer to Acura, but I was a fan of the Legend coupe, original NSX, and the 2007+ TL. However, I was a longtime VW guy set to move up to Audi after 15+ years in a Passat V6. I test drove an A5 Sportback and was disappointed by it's lack of driver engagement. I discovered I really wanted and S5 Sportback, but I wasn't interested in paying 60K+.

Fortuitously, I saw a Redline review on Youtube for the soon-to-be released 2018 TLX A-Spec, and a test drive sealed the deal. But what I'm seeing from Acura's leadership looks to make my Acura stay short-lived. I like my TLX, but it doesn't have the cachet to move upmarket as the flagship, nor will I pay the escalating price that nixes the value that brought me to Acura. I drove a 2.0T RDX and I wasn't only not impressed, I was turned off by the interior design direction, infotainment tech, and 10AT/engine performance. So, the direction of the new TLX isn't in my future, and it would seem Hyundai/Kia/Genesis have captured my attention for innovation, top-level tech, and dare I say, value.
The following 2 users liked this post by Carnage719:
ESHBG (08-23-2020), frack (08-22-2020)
Old 08-22-2020, 09:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Carnage719
I saw a Redline review on Youtube for the soon-to-be released 2018 TLX A-Spec, and a test drive sealed the deal.
Nice car. I think much like the 2020 TLX I almost bought earlier this year.

With that history, if I might be so bold to suggest ... before you actually buy one of those:
a. Test drive a 2021 TLX A-Spec
b. Test drive a nice (loaded) 2020/2021 Audi 4 or 5 sedan (you can always lease it).

Last edited by Tesla1856; 08-22-2020 at 09:50 PM.
Old 08-22-2020, 10:08 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Tesla1856
Nice car. I think much like the 2020 TLX I almost bought earlier this year.

With that history, if I might be so bold to suggest ... before you actually buy one of those:
a. Test drive a 2021 TLX A-Spec. Too many negatives, 2.0T that turned me off in the RDX. 10AT that is programmed for fuel economy (too many gears when 7 or 8 are plenty). Add to that the idiotic option/pricing decisions like eliminating rain-sensing wipers as standard equipment on a 46K+ car.
b. Test drive a nice (loaded) 2020/2021 Audi 4 or 5 sedan (you can always lease it). I test drove an A5 Sportback before I test drove my A-Spec. The A5 was too numb and devoid of any driver excitement, and I couldn't justify 60K+ for a S5.
See above.
Old 08-23-2020, 05:53 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
I know people seem disappointed at the perception of the price increase. But it looks to me that they have cut away the entry level 2.4L NA 1st Gen TLX from this line up. They are starting at the 1st Gen TLX V6 level with the 2.0T engine. I think the entry level TLX will be taken over next year by the new 'Compact Sedan' that doesn't seem to have a name right now. We don't know anything about this new car; name, engine choice, but maybe they will get back to the TSX-TL relationship.

As for the 2nd Gen TLX, I don't find the price increase that substantial when looking at the V-6 line up from the 2020 model. There are some additional features, many of which people on here have asked for, and slightly more power, and hopefully better quality interior materials. I'm a little disappointed that the car grew so much in exterior dimensions but the interior space was essentially the same. You need to look at the car, drive it and experience it to determine if the value is for you or not.

For me I won't be a 1st year buyer regardless but I am going to check it out. I'd go for the Advance trim, but the lack of interior color options may keep me away. Also, if I bought this car it would probably be my last ICE car and the question is going to be when I transition to an EV. I still don't like Tesla quality or interior. I'm hoping that cars made in the new Texas plant will be better than the terrible build and paint quality coming out of the California plant. The new PoleStar 2 looks like a really attractive option but not yet widely sold and pricey. Lots of other EVs coming in the market soon and perhaps in a few years new battery technology that would greatly increase range and reduce costs. And Acura has no answer to this. I normally keep a car 5-6 years, if I bought a 2022 and kept it until 2027, what will the marketplace be? Too many unknowns, so for now I'm an interested observer.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rocket_man:
iforyou (08-23-2020), Nedmundo (08-24-2020)
Old 08-23-2020, 08:45 AM
Racer

My issue is focused on the A-Spec package. As with my 2018 model, the new model is well-equipped. But, what were the discussions like where a decision is made to remove standard equipment like rain-sensing wipers, still not make features in the Advanced package available as options on both the A-Spec and Type-S, and then raise the A-Spec price 2-4K (non SHAWD/SHAWD). How does this make sense?

Last edited by Carnage719; 08-23-2020 at 08:48 AM.
Old 08-23-2020, 08:51 AM

Because Honda Hates us.
Old 08-23-2020, 05:38 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 846 Likes on 526 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket_man
I know people seem disappointed at the perception of the price increase. But it looks to me that they have cut away the entry level 2.4L NA 1st Gen TLX from this line up. They are starting at the 1st Gen TLX V6 level with the 2.0T engine. I think the entry level TLX will be taken over next year by the new 'Compact Sedan' that doesn't seem to have a name right now. We don't know anything about this new car; name, engine choice, but maybe they will get back to the TSX-TL relationship.

As for the 2nd Gen TLX, I don't find the price increase that substantial when looking at the V-6 line up from the 2020 model. There are some additional features, many of which people on here have asked for, and slightly more power, and hopefully better quality interior materials. I'm a little disappointed that the car grew so much in exterior dimensions but the interior space was essentially the same. You need to look at the car, drive it and experience it to determine if the value is for you or not.

For me I won't be a 1st year buyer regardless but I am going to check it out. I'd go for the Advance trim, but the lack of interior color options may keep me away. Also, if I bought this car it would probably be my last ICE car and the question is going to be when I transition to an EV. I still don't like Tesla quality or interior. I'm hoping that cars made in the new Texas plant will be better than the terrible build and paint quality coming out of the California plant. The new PoleStar 2 looks like a really attractive option but not yet widely sold and pricey. Lots of other EVs coming in the market soon and perhaps in a few years new battery technology that would greatly increase range and reduce costs. And Acura has no answer to this. I normally keep a car 5-6 years, if I bought a 2022 and kept it until 2027, what will the marketplace be? Too many unknowns, so for now I'm an interested observer.
Yea, the price increase over the previous V6 model makes complete sense. They have reshuffled the features/packages around to keep the price increase modest, but I can understand the frustration that some features that used to be on the tech trim now require the advance trim to get.

But it looks like the interior design, materials quality, suspension, chassis, etc, have been upgraded substantially. It seems to be a even bigger step up compared to my 3rd gen RDX.
Tesla1856 (08-23-2020)
Old 08-23-2020, 05:58 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 381 Likes on 235 Posts
Originally Posted by iforyou
But it looks like the interior design, materials quality, suspension, chassis, etc, have been upgraded substantially. It seems to be a even bigger step up compared to my 3rd gen RDX.
Interior bits literally look like a copy and paste job from the 3G RDX. It's much nicer than the 1G TLX, but that's not really saying much. I had a '20 TLX loaner and was surprised how cheap the interior was on it.
Old 08-23-2020, 10:00 PM
Pro

Received 544 Likes on 256 Posts
Originally Posted by leomio85
Interior bits literally look like a copy and paste job from the 3G RDX. It's much nicer than the 1G TLX, but that's not really saying much. I had a '20 TLX loaner and was surprised how cheap the interior was on it.
While the 2x TLX carries on the general theme of the RDX interior the dash has been cleaned up quite a bit. It’s much more elegant in the TLX. I have a 2019 RDX. I like the dash, but there is a bit of cheesiness to the way glossy plastic pieces are mounted and the housing of the dynamic shift knob. There’s also a bit of naked plastic between the top of the dash and the infotainment screen. All theses areas now have a much higher quality look to them that is much improved over the RDX layout.

Take a look at these photos. The second and third pic are of the RDX. The first and fourth pics are from the TLX. To my eye the TLX looks is a lot more mature design.

Last edited by Honda430; 08-23-2020 at 10:03 PM.
CoquiTSX (08-26-2020)
Old 08-23-2020, 10:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

While the 2x TLX carries on the general theme of the RDX interior the dash has been cleaned up quite a bit. It’s much more elegant in the TLX. I have a 2019 RDX. I like the dash, but there is a bit of cheesiness to the way glossy plastic pieces are mounted and the housing of the dynamic shift knob. There’s also a bit of naked plastic between the top of the dash and the infotainment screen. All theses areas now have a much higher quality look to them that is much improved over the RDX layout.

Take a look at these photos. The second and third pic are of the RDX. The first and fourth pics are from the TLX. To my eye the TLX looks is a lot more mature design.

These screens bother the hell out of me because of the surrounding dash in comparison to the size, my eyes are automatically drawn to the same wrong place at first; Mazda's design is the same way for me also. I know that the "tablet glued to the dash" look gets some flack but at least for me I don't have this same issue.
Old 08-23-2020, 10:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Thanks for that observation.

Is that a secondary volume control being down-lower and to the right? Or, is that for Infotainment use ?

Also, I like where and how the SmartPhone lays, and then finally ... the cup-holders still easy to use off to the right.

The TouchPad setup is much like in the Audi-Q5-e (which is good).

Last edited by Tesla1856; 08-23-2020 at 10:31 PM.
Old 08-23-2020, 10:44 PM
Burning Brakes

These screens bother the hell out of me because of the surrounding dash in comparison to the size, my eyes are automatically drawn to the same wrong place at first
You get used to it.

However, in practice ( as the driver ) ... when really using the "built-in" vehicle tech (I don't use AA/CarPlay yet) ... the "screen" I use the most is the one between the gauges (along with the controls on the steering-wheel). If the voice-recognition works (at least a little better than in the old 2014-MDX) I would like to train myself to use that more and not touch anything.

Last edited by Tesla1856; 08-23-2020 at 10:47 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-23-2020, 10:53 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 846 Likes on 526 Posts

Couldnr have said it better myself.... Exactly my thoughts. Similar theme as rdx but the execution has gone up a notch in the tlx.

The current tlx definitely has a cheap feeling interior.
Old 08-24-2020, 12:25 PM
®

Received 474 Likes on 224 Posts
Not looking to start an in-house civil war between Honda and Acura but can someone please give me some sort of justification to go for 2021 TLX 2.0T 10AT Tech FWD at $47,325 vs 2021 Accord 2.0T 10AT Touring FWD at $36,400? Especially since 2021 Accord will have panoramic sunroof along with 360 camera on top of already having cooled seats and HUD which TLX Tech won't have.
amcobra (08-25-2020)
Old 08-24-2020, 12:34 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,160 Likes on 829 Posts
^^^^^
It all comes down to the brand name badges.
Old 08-24-2020, 12:40 PM
®

Received 474 Likes on 224 Posts
I owned 99 CL 5MT, 03 CLs 6MT. 03 TL, 03 TLs, 15 TLX SHAWD Tech...And I also owned 10+ Hondas. Not once did I buy any car over it's badge but rather for what it offered. To spend $10K+ more on a car from same company with less options so you can drive a "brand name" is not something I would expect from Acura buyers. That kind of inferiority complex is reserved for Z Germans.
Old 08-24-2020, 12:44 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,445 Likes on 1,892 Posts
Originally Posted by SRB-TL
Not looking to start an in-house civil war between Honda and Acura but can someone please give me some sort of justification to go for 2021 TLX 2.0T 10AT Tech FWD at $47,325 vs 2021 Accord 2.0T 10AT Touring FWD at $36,400? Especially since 2021 Accord will have panoramic sunroof along with 360 camera on top of already having cooled seats and HUD which TLX Tech won't have.
Isn't the TLX Tech FWD $41.5K? Where did the $47K number come from?
a35tl (08-24-2020)
Old 08-24-2020, 01:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by SRB-TL
0.0 reasons. This whole situation is extremely bizarre to me. It's going to be even more shocking when the new MDX is close to $70K and the entire lineup is steeply priced.

It's also alarming how many big issues you see here on the RDX forum and that leads me to believe that this TLX will have its own set of issues.

Acura is a great value brand but once you remove the value aspect there's really no point.

Quick Reply: 2021 TLX 2.0T - Official Pricing and Specs