2021 Acura TLX Colors by Trim, Trim Levels, and Preliminary Pricing Information

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 11:18 AM
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Jiten Patel
If I were in the marketing/engineering team in Acura, I would seriously consider dropping the base trim. I mean, why even offer a base trim that doesn't have blind spot monitoring or their navigation system which no one probably even uses. Why complicate the manufacturing process, you know? This way at least they could possibly add an extra trim on top of Tech/A-Spec/Advance. I'm very curious to know the sales of the complete base model compared to their Tech/A-Spec/Advance sales. I am sure there is a very big gap. With the removal of the base trim, I think it will give them more flexibility.
Just my 2 cents....

My guess is that at least 25% of current TLX models sold/leased are the base model, which has an msrp of $33k. It's a really good value at that price, and it lets people who otherwise might get an Accord EXL or loaded Camry to get a performance luxury car instead.

I'm currently leasing a 2018 TLX Tech 2.4 with PAWS, and because of lease incentives it was actually a little less than leasing a loaded Camry or Accord.

One of the reasons that sales of the BMW 3-series have declined in the last few years (in addition to the general decline in sedan sales) is that the least expensive new 3-series available on the lots of most dealers now has an msrp in the high 40s—which is at least 5k more than it was for the last generation.
Old 07-16-2020, 06:24 PM
2016 Acura TLX

Received 137 Likes on 89 Posts
LOL, not sure why the debate on having more color combos. They don't need every single combo possible, but just having more than one choice possible would be nice. Most of the other manufactures in this segment have at least a couple options per exterior color and even have a few options for type of wood/carbon trim. Obviously no one wants a green car with purple leather. But if they are going through the trouble of manufacturing a set of panels in parchment or greystone, then they should at least utilize them a bit more.

Acura: You want something other than black for the interior and you don't want a blue or white car? Well that's too bad.
The following 2 users liked this post by honda_nut:
pyrodan007 (07-16-2020), Rocket_man (07-18-2020)
Old 07-16-2020, 11:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 361 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Pac
Wow! I am so impressed by your knowledge 10/10. Please send Acura an official letter to change their pricing strategy. I am sure they will listen to you Enjoy your day brother!
The only letter I use is a certified check, if many more stop using this form of a letter then I'm sure someone at Acura will listen. Please do keep on bashing other brands, they have already listened brother. They know that extra little option is the difference between a sale and a wife or husband saying no, especially for colors.
Old 07-17-2020, 03:41 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
Originally Posted by pyrodan007
I'm here to prove Acura is not doing things right, they only cater to some and are harming their potential sales. Enjoy drinking the limited features and colors kool aid, what else can I say. With the way they do their trims, they will never compete with the Germans or even Koreans, ever.
I for one am relieved you are "here to prove Acura is not doing things right". So you feel your personal views constitute proof? Seems kinda arrogant to me. As for trims, I find it interesting that a 44K KIa Stinger GT comes with 6 colours and 1 interior - black. The 50K Limited adds red interior as an option for three of the colours...not exactly an ala carte menu.

BTW, if you are waiting for a stripped down version of a German car, you are waiting a long time in most areas. They just don't bring those in.

I have been on this forum for some years and it seemed that most of the car enthusiasts here wanted Acura to focus more on performance. They have done that with the RDX and have, on paper, done that in spades with the new TLX and TLX Type S. New stiffer platform with improved suspension and handling capabilities, new engines and transmission, even better SH-AWD new features, etc. Hey, maybe they will handle better than an Audi 4 and close or equal to a 3 series Time will tell. Assuming a lower price than the Germans, despite the numerous exterior and interior colour choices, if the lack of a certain combo is a deal breaker for some, then so be it. I really wanted the Elite ASpec 2.4 that I have, and was a little disappointed I couldn't get a ligther interior other than red, but I have come to like the stitched and piped black keather with temperature moderating Alcantara inserts. I suppose if I didn't love how the car performs, I might be less enamored with the interior.

Old 07-17-2020, 09:33 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,613 Likes on 971 Posts
The only letter I use is a certified check, if many more stop using this form of a letter then I'm sure someone at Acura will listen. Please do keep on bashing other brands, they have already listened brother. They know that extra little option is the difference between a sale and a wife or husband saying no, especially for colors.

I never bashed any brand for no reasons. Read my post about Korean vehicles. I always say they have achieved a lot in a such short time. But will I compare K5 to TLX, Q50 or IS? The answer is no. I am sure the K5 is a great car but Koreans have a huge issue. Depreciation. Anyway, I always admit that I am a Honda/Acura fan and i won't hide it. But i don't think Acura is the best brand out there. Honda/Acura fits my criteria. If my priority was just car in life, I would have leased a S5 today or a GLC 43

Old 07-17-2020, 09:48 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by mapleloaf
"here to prove Acura is not doing things right.

@mapleloaf it's all good. I have been here for a long time too and I know who actually provides their honest feedback and want to have a mature conversation vs those who point just negativity and "wants to proof " their point of view. As I always say, at the end of the day, all good. It's an open forum, and everyone has the right to write something...the best is to read, filter and move on
The following users liked this post:
Jiten Patel (07-17-2020)
Old 07-17-2020, 12:05 PM
Burning Brakes

You two better change your profile pic to the new TLX a month after it's released if it's that good. So far it's only cheerleader praising.
Find it funny the two attacking me are the ones that never owned the problematic V6 version. I have every reason to be critical of Acura.

Last edited by pyrodan007; 07-17-2020 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-17-2020, 12:13 PM
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 50 Posts

@mapleloaf it's all good. I have been here for a long time too and I know who actually provides their honest feedback and want to have a mature conversation vs those who point just negativity and "wants to proof " their point of view. As I always say, at the end of the day, all good. It's an open forum, and everyone has the right to write something...the best is to read, filter and move on
Well said! Right back at you.
The following 3 users liked this post by Jiten Patel:
mapleloaf (07-17-2020), pyrodan007 (07-17-2020), Tony Pac (07-17-2020)
Old 07-17-2020, 12:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Will make you guys happy, will be a spectator for now.
Old 07-17-2020, 01:34 PM
AZ Community Team

You two better change your profile pic to the new TLX a month after it's released if it's that good. So far it's only cheerleader praising.
Find it funny the two attacking me are the ones that never owned the problematic V6 version. I have every reason to be critical of Acura.
Brother, it's ACURAZINE not KIAZINE or AUDIZINE. Why are you getting upset, and I never attacked you. Of course you will encounter people that like Acura (at least at most). I hate disrespecting anyone, it's just not me, I am sure you see from my posts. I will always respect your personal point of view. if you tell me "you believe Audi A4 is the best car out there". That's fine. It's your choice and your opinion. We can disagree but it's doesn't matter. You own one and you love your car. I am sure by now you realize that I am not the only one that points out that you are negative and always pick on the weaknesses of Acura and never on the strengths. I have read your posts and I know you did not have a good experience with the first gen TLX. I am really sorry about that and I know it sucks and I wish Acura would have done better testing and etc. But i cannot do much about it. Some of the first Gen TLX owners are also very happy with their purchase.

I like Honda and Acuras and regardless if I buy the new TLX or keep my current 4th Gen. I will be here. But i will promise you that the day, I don't own an Acura. I will never say something to offend anyone here who owns one. But we can always have healthy conversations and feedback sessions. All brands need improvement at the end of the day, except Lexus. ..lol just joking!
The following 2 users liked this post by Tony Pac:
CheeseyPoofs McNut (07-21-2020), mapleloaf (07-18-2020)
Old 07-17-2020, 02:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
First of all, I did lease a 2015 TLX V6 SH-AWD which I have mentioned on many posts. I set out to get the 2.4 but as they didn't have my preferred colour scheme, I was offered and took a 3.5 SH-AWD in those colours. I had thoroughly test driven the 2.4, but only test drove the 3.5 once. After about 14 months, I decided I found the first two shifts hard to live with day to day. As a good customer who has good relationships with sales, mgmt, service and parts staff, I was able to walk away and into a lease with a 2016 2.4 Tech. Those first rough shifts and some of the noticeable down shifting concerns have long since disappeared in the 17, 18, 19, and 20 versions I have driven as loaners, IMHO. I took responsibility for leasing a car that I didn't test drive thoroughly, but was fortunate to have been able to switch over leases somewhat seamlessly.

No one is questoning your right to complain, but, please don't feel the need to question our choices, or "prove" why Acura sucks. I keep tabs on many makes and models and know there are many good cars out there. Perhaps we differ on the importance of brand and dealer loyalty and trusting relationships. Perhaps thats why I have been happily married for 42 years. I might also wonder why you still beat a dead horse two years or so after moving into your Audi 4. You are aparently vaey happy with it.
As for the 2021 TLX, I like what I see, but we can agree the proof is in the pudding. I'm in no rush to give up my 2018 Elite 2.4, plus I will not repeat the mistake of not thoroughly test driving the vehicle first. I suspect you have learned the same painful lesson.
The following 11 users liked this post by mapleloaf:
a35tl (07-17-2020), benjaminh (07-18-2020), CheeseyPoofs McNut (07-21-2020), CollinR4 (07-17-2020), CoquiTSX (07-26-2020), jyrtl (07-18-2020), ostrich (07-18-2020), steve_97060 (07-19-2020), Tesla1856 (08-01-2020), Tony Pac (07-17-2020), ZipSpeed (07-20-2020) and 6 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-17-2020, 02:46 PM
AZ Community Team

First of all, I did lease a 2015 TLX V6 SH-AWD which I have mentioned on many posts. I set out to get the 2.4 but as they didn't have my preferred colour scheme, I was offered and took a 3.5 SH-AWD in those colours. I had thoroughly test driven the 2.4, but only test drove the 3.5 once. After about 14 months, I decided I found the first two shifts hard to live with day to day. As a good customer who has good relationships with sales, mgmt, service and parts staff, I was able to walk away and into a lease with a 2016 2.4 Tech. Those first rough shifts and some of the noticeable down shifting concerns have long since disappeared in the 17, 18, 19, and 20 versions I have driven as loaners, IMHO. I took responsibility for leasing a car that I didn't test drive thoroughly, but was fortunate to have been able to switch over leases somewhat seamlessly.

No one is questoning your right to complain, but, please don't feel the need to question our choices, or "prove" why Acura sucks. I keep tabs on many makes and models and know there are many good cars out there. Perhaps we differ on the importance of brand and dealer loyalty and trusting relationships. Perhaps thats why I have been happily married for 42 years. I might also wonder why you still beat a dead horse two years or so after moving into your Audi 4. You are aparently vaey happy with it.
As for the 2021 TLX, I like what I see, but we can agree the proof is in the pudding. I'm in no rush to give up my 2018 Elite 2.4, plus I will not repeat the mistake of not thoroughly test driving the vehicle first. I suspect you have learned the same painful lesson.

Thank you for the beautiful post!
Old 07-20-2020, 12:01 PM
There are four lights!

Received 215 Likes on 124 Posts

This particular forum can be very toxic at times. And from my observation from various public forums, the toxicity is usually at the hands of a few select posters. Probably why when things out of hand, I tend to just spectate rather than add fuel to the fire. There is definitely nothing wrong with being critical, but yeah, I agree that the dead horse can't get any more dead. Every manufacturer will make questionable choices. You either accept it, or you can voice your disdain and move on if it doesn't meet your criteria. It's when people that voice their disdain and can't move on mentally / need to tell other people they made a "better" choice / fixate on a problem, etc. is when things spiral out of control.
The following 3 users liked this post by ZipSpeed:
a35tl (07-20-2020), mapleloaf (07-23-2020), Tony Pac (07-20-2020)
Old 07-20-2020, 06:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by Jiten Patel
If I were in the marketing/engineering team in Acura, I would seriously consider dropping the base trim. I mean, why even offer a base trim that doesn't have blind spot monitoring or their navigation system which no one probably even uses. Why complicate the manufacturing process, you know? This way at least they could possibly add an extra trim on top of Tech/A-Spec/Advance. I'm very curious to know the sales of the complete base model compared to their Tech/A-Spec/Advance sales. I am sure there is a very big gap. With the removal of the base trim, I think it will give them more flexibility.
because Acura currently sells more base models without blind spot etc, than any other trim level. they already come equipped very well. add more than why even have a tech model? just go advance only in the lineup.
Old 07-20-2020, 09:19 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by ZipSpeed
This particular forum can be very toxic at times. And from my observation from various public forums, the toxicity is usually at the hands of a few select posters. Probably why when things out of hand, I tend to just spectate rather than add fuel to the fire. There is definitely nothing wrong with being critical, but yeah, I agree that the dead horse can't get any more dead. Every manufacturer will make questionable choices. You either accept it, or you can voice your disdain and move on if it doesn't meet your criteria. It's when people that voice their disdain and can't move on mentally / need to tell other people they made a "better" choice / fixate on a problem, etc. is when things spiral out of control.

Exactly! No brand is perfect and Acura is far from it. But it’s very insulting when a few people just write nothing but negative comments. I do understand it’s a public and open forum. Everyone can share their views and provide feedback. But pointing non stop negative comments, especially when you don’t even own an Acura is kinda annoying. I believe the best thing you can do is test drive, do your research before buying a car. Once you’re done with a brand and if their vehicles don’t meet your needs and expectations. Move on and let the other enjoy their car. Anyway, let’s change the topic and focus on the new TLX

hopefully everyone enjoys this forum and of course share their experience and help each other.
Old 07-21-2020, 10:13 AM

Received 1,405 Likes on 636 Posts
A quick reminder - it's fine to have a spirited discussion but leave the personal attacks out!
The following 2 users liked this post by CheeseyPoofs McNut:
PofessorFrag (08-04-2020), pyrodan007 (07-21-2020)
Old 07-21-2020, 12:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Exactly! No brand is perfect and Acura is far from it. But it’s very insulting when a few people just write nothing but negative comments. I do understand it’s a public and open forum. Everyone can share their views and provide feedback. But pointing non stop negative comments, especially when you don’t even own an Acura is kinda annoying. I believe the best thing you can do is test drive, do your research before buying a car. Once you’re done with a brand and if their vehicles don’t meet your needs and expectations. Move on and let the other enjoy their car. Anyway, let’s change the topic and focus on the new TLX

hopefully everyone enjoys this forum and of course share their experience and help each other.
Seems interesting that you're the one that still didn't move on... Acura isn't perfect, expect some negativity. Relax, brother.
Oh and btw, as for your owning an Acura, I would include a latest model requirement to keep it current. Per your rules, it's not the TL section. Listen I'm just here to chat, I want Acura to improve. You say the new TLX is awesome, I disagree based on their options. We're both right, we buy what we like.

Last edited by pyrodan007; 07-21-2020 at 12:13 PM.
Old 07-21-2020, 12:43 PM
AZ Community Team

Seems interesting that you're the one that still didn't move on... Acura isn't perfect, expect some negativity. Relax, brother.
Oh and btw, as for your owning an Acura, I would include a latest model requirement to keep it current. Per your rules, it's not the TL section. Listen I'm just here to chat, I want Acura to improve. You say the new TLX is awesome, I disagree based on their options. We're both right, we buy what we like.

ok brother! Keep up your mission of “proving” that Acura ain’t doing things right. Honestly, I have no interest to argue with someone who currently doesn’t own an Acura. Wishing you all the best and hope you enjoy this forum. No bad feeling. Saying this again, it’s an open platform and you can do whatever you want I just hope you’re Still enjoying your A4!
Old 07-21-2020, 01:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 708 Likes on 325 Posts
Looking forward to buying my 11th Acura if the TLX Type S comes with heated and cooled front seats, heated rear seats, heated steering wheel, 360 camera, automatically folding side mirrors, remote start, and proper fold-down rear seats (without a pass-through opening). That's not unreasonable, is it?

I'll take the tiger eye, red, or blue. Thanks.
Tesla1856 (08-01-2020)
Old 07-21-2020, 01:19 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by SebringSilver
Looking forward to buying my 11th Acura if the TLX Type S comes with heated and cooled front seats, heated rear seats, heated steering wheel, 360 camera, automatically folding side mirrors, remote start, and proper fold-down rear seats (without a pass-through opening). That's not unreasonable, is it?

I think you will get most of it but not sure about the 360 camera but your list is excellent. If Acura doesn't offer these features in Type S, it would be disappointed.
SebringSilver (07-22-2020)
Old 07-21-2020, 01:37 PM
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts
Since it’s just an A-SPEC with a bigger engine I really doubt heated rear seats or 360 camera. From the interior shot you can already see no heated steering wheel. Folding side mirrors would be great but I’m skeptical, and since my Advance 2019 RDX doesn’t have remote start, I’m doubting this will either. Shame, unless Acura goes a little different on this model and allows individual options.
Old 07-21-2020, 02:59 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,436 Likes on 1,884 Posts
If you want the Advance features with the Type-S, just wait for the PMC Type-S model that will come out 4 years from now
Old 07-21-2020, 05:25 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by fiatlux
If you want the Advance features with the Type-S, just wait for the PMC Type-S model that will come out 4 years from now
actually in Canada you can get Advance witH A-SPEC! Unfortunately Acura didn’t do the same for the RDX. I have a feeling we will get the advance RDX with A spec in 2021. Refresh model.
Old 07-21-2020, 07:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 543 Likes on 351 Posts
Originally Posted by SebringSilver

Nah sorry you'll have to buy the much cheaper Honda Accord to get all of these features
Old 07-21-2020, 08:17 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by ESHBG
Nah sorry you'll have to buy the much cheaper Honda Accord to get all of these features
wow I didn’t know. Which accord trim has 300HP or more? 😜

Old 07-21-2020, 08:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 543 Likes on 351 Posts
wow I didn’t know. Which accord trim has 300HP or more? 😜
Yes thankfully Acura will have you choose between going from red light to red light the quickest or getting all of the features that would make the overall experience more enjoyable. You can never have both, though
The following 2 users liked this post by ESHBG:
CoquiTSX (07-26-2020), Tony Pac (07-21-2020)
Old 07-22-2020, 01:02 AM
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
I agree with you. I think Acura is not going to include every bell and whistle cause I’m sure they want to keep the car semi affordable. 360 camera definitely is a pipe dream imo.

I think you will get most of it but not sure about the 360 camera but your list is excellent. If Acura doesn't offer these features in Type S, it would be disappointed.
Old 07-22-2020, 07:35 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by B1ackAlloy
I agree with you. I think Acura is not going to include every bell and whistle cause I’m sure they want to keep the car semi affordable. 360 camera definitely is a pipe dream imo.

Sometimes, I have a hard time to understand these car manufacturers. Their trims don't make sense at all. I think the way Apple Carplay is becoming pretty much standard, all safety measures including 360 camera should become standard in all vehicles. Actually, Acura is doing better than some other brands as they are including Acurawatch as a standard feature. some brands charge $500, $1K or $1.5K for some of the safety features.
Old 07-22-2020, 10:10 AM
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
I was glad they made Acurawatch a standard feature. In reality it should be a standard features for all car manufacturers going forward. Speaking of Apple CarPlay did Acura ever announce if it is wireless Apple CarPlay or was it plug in? I do not recall them speaking on it just the wireless charging pad.

Sometimes, I have a hard time to understand these car manufacturers. Their trims don't make sense at all. I think the way Apple Carplay is becoming pretty much standard, all safety measures including 360 camera should become standard in all vehicles. Actually, Acura is doing better than some other brands as they are including Acurawatch as a standard feature. some brands charge $500, $1K or $1.5K for some of the safety features.
Old 07-22-2020, 10:19 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by B1ackAlloy
I was glad they made Acurawatch a standard feature. In reality it should be a standard features for all car manufacturers going forward. Speaking of Apple CarPlay did Acura ever announce if it is wireless Apple CarPlay or was it plug in? I do not recall them speaking on it just the wireless charging pad.
Wasn’t mentioned, so I doubt it. Frankly I find wireless charging mats silly if there is no wireless CarPlay or Android Auto. Who is using that? My passenger? Especially with the wireless charging mat in the TLX on the driver’s side of the center console.
Old 07-22-2020, 12:06 PM
6 Forward 1 Back

Received 312 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by mcrompton
Wasn’t mentioned, so I doubt it. Frankly I find wireless charging mats silly if there is no wireless CarPlay or Android Auto. Who is using that? My passenger? Especially with the wireless charging mat in the TLX on the driver’s side of the center console.
Actually, that's exactly who'd I'd expect to use the wireless mat (the passenger) it's like that now with my ASpec. Won't matter if it's closer to the driver, it's just a couple inches over from how it's centered now on the 1st gen. I don't know enough if wireless CarPlay is as responsive as just hooking up a cable, for sure it's more convenient.
Old 07-22-2020, 12:53 PM
AZ Community Team

Again, most of these articles aren't clear but still thought to share with Acura fans
https://www.autoblog.com/photos/phot...ciate-fastest/

Germans lead in performance, price and depreciation
Old 07-22-2020, 01:07 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Speed_Racer
Actually, that's exactly who'd I'd expect to use the wireless mat (the passenger) it's like that now with my ASpec. Won't matter if it's closer to the driver, it's just a couple inches over from how it's centered now on the 1st gen. I don't know enough if wireless CarPlay is as responsive as just hooking up a cable, for sure it's more convenient.
Most of the time (work commute, when I have one) I don’t have a passenger so it’d end up a feature I’d rarely use. Now wireless charging and wireless CarPlay, that’s the combo that’s really great. Set your phone down and go.
Old 07-22-2020, 02:56 PM
Safety Car

Again, most of these articles aren't clear but still thought to share with Acura fans
https://www.autoblog.com/photos/phot...ciate-fastest/

Germans lead in performance, price and depreciation
That's because Acura and Lexus owners are cheapskates who drive their cars into the ground instead of trading it in for a new one every 2-3 years, so there's less supply

Although, to Acura engineer's credit, they did a hell of a good job convincing V6 TLX to trade in their cars prematurely
Old 07-22-2020, 05:24 PM
AZ Community Team

That's because Acura and Lexus owners are cheapskates who drive their cars into the ground instead of trading it in for a new one every 2-3 years, so there's less supply

Although, to Acura engineer's credit, they did a hell of a good job convincing V6 TLX to trade in their cars prematurely
hahhah good one!

Jokes aside, Japanese owners tend to keep their cars longer. Sure it’s a question of reliability, but I think it’s a mindset as well.
Old 07-22-2020, 09:11 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,154 Likes on 825 Posts
hahhah good one!

Jokes aside, Japanese owners tend to keep their cars longer. Sure it’s a question of reliability, but I think it’s a mindset as well.
Agree. When the European vehicles are becoming increasingly problematic and more expensive to fix as time goes on, it is a wise choice for their owners to let them go earlier than the comparatively more reliable Japanese counterparts.

Old 07-22-2020, 10:25 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
Agree. When the European vehicles are becoming increasingly problematic and more expensive to fix as time goes on, it is a wise choice for their owners to let them go earlier than the comparatively more reliable Japanese counterparts.
I suspect even if they were more reliable and cheap to own, owners would still trade them in as there will be shinier and newer toys to buy. Why else would most leases end after 3 years, whereas the warranty is good for 4 or 5? If you're willing to pay extra up front for the latest and greatest, you're probably also willing to trade it in earlier than necessary to get the next great thing that comes around.
Old 08-01-2020, 03:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 255 Posts

1. Rain sensing wipers is only available with the Advance package?

2. Also interesting that remote start is only available in the Advance. ...
1. Yeah, it's strange (ie safety). Also, Tech-Package doesn't include Wireless Phone Charging cradle ? I'm hoping that is a typo .

2. IIRC, on the 2014-MDX it was a "dealer install-able" option, so we might get that option. There were also " installation PDFs" written back then. So, if you are handy, I think it can be done (vehicle is pre-wired or comes with all parts you need).

Old 08-01-2020, 04:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Pricing on 2.0T

My dealer said MSRP on the 2021-TLX 2.0T should be close (within a few thousand) of the current 2020-TLX (including options and trim-levels seen in online-config build).

I think otherwise, the car would be too expensive and priced beyond it's intended target category (mid-sized sports sedan).

Old 08-01-2020, 04:33 PM
Burning Brakes

High-end Options and Trim-Packages

I'm here to prove Acura is not doing things right, they only cater to some and are harming their potential sales. Enjoy drinking the limited features and colors kool aid, what else can I say. With the way they do their trims, they will never compete with the Germans
Whether it's Acura Advance or Audi Prestige , the most-advanced/expensive options seem to be things like:

Surround-View (top-down) Camera view
Ventilated Front Seats
Heads-Up Display
Motorized side-Mirrors

Go price an 2020 Audi A4 quattro Prestige for comparison.

You can tell yourself you don't need them. That lasts about as long as ... until you buy one max/loaded ... then you sorta want them in all your vehicles.
Personally, I just keep telling myself ... " it's a Daily Driver " and I have all that in the Audi-Q5e.
If I was willing to spend MSRP on a 2021-TLX 2.0T Advance , I think I would have to wait for Type-S (and it's pricing) as you might not be that far-off.

Quick Reply: 2021 Acura TLX Colors by Trim, Trim Levels, and Preliminary Pricing Information