Thoughts on wheel and tire setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 11:58 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thoughts on wheel and tire setup

Im looking to purchase wheels with correct fitment. I'm fine with rolling my fenders but nothing more.

19x9.5 +25 in the front 225/35/ZR19, 19x10.5 +25 in the rear. 235/35/ZR19

will be lowering the car with coilovers. I've done extensive search to even get a clue on the fitment of something like this, fitment calculators dont really give me what im looking for and I can't really compare it to other vehicles. ( My Sc300 fit 18x11 rears no problem with a good roll no rubbing )

I've only seen either bagged setups which are exaggerated fitments with crazy setups (19x11 -10 type setups) or very subtle setups with a small drop and wheels with less than a 9 width

This is my first new sedan vehicle and im trying to do it right the first time. any suggestions or inputs?

Wheels im trying to fit for those curious.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:50 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
it's funny when you say you want to roll fenders but nothing more...
what if you need to cut fender tab?

it's not what you need, rather what your wheels need to fit...if they need other things then fender rolling...you'll have to do it

and with the the coilover route, you have the option of ride height...so...get the wheels on.. adjust height....adjust fenders...play with tire size...play with camber..
wheels are not one size fits all, rather it will be a guessing game and you will be putting in work to get them to fit correctly

Last edited by justnspace; 03-03-2017 at 06:52 AM.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:15 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
it's funny when you say you want to roll fenders but nothing more...
what if you need to cut fender tab?

it's not what you need, rather what your wheels need to fit...if they need other things then fender rolling...you'll have to do it

and with the the coilover route, you have the option of ride height...so...get the wheels on.. adjust height....adjust fenders...play with tire size...play with camber..
wheels are not one size fits all, rather it will be a guessing game and you will be putting in work to get them to fit correctly
yeah I figured as much. I meant as in pulling the fenders excessively.
was hoping for someone with similar wheel size and offset to chime in
i'll try it out when its not 10 degrees in NYC and post results