'15 TLX Tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 03:38 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'15 TLX Tires

Newbie here...i just purchased a '15 TLX and it looks like it's needing new tires. I've read a lot of the previous posts but nothing seems up-to-date so... I'm looking for your suggestions for tires, the car currently has the Bridgestone RE97's... so this is my reference point. They "seem" quiet, handle well, i haven't driven in a typical Houston downpour, just a light rain. My priorities are....long lasting as I put a lot of miles on a car, quite, nice ride (too old for "extreme spirited" driving), good in rain (don't need snow or ice...we'll just stay home on that day), and reasonably priced.

I'm at the point of "paralysis by analysis"...I've looked at just about every tire website and reviews so I'm thoroughly confused now. Some of the tires I've looked at are: Continental Extreme Contact DWS06, Yokohama Advan Sport & Avid Ascend, BF Goodrich Comp2 AS, and sticking with the current RE97's. I thought about the Michelin's but I think they're out of my price range at the moment, I had just purchased a set of Michelins 3 weeks ago for my Camry...that was totaled a seven days later!!!

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Old 04-05-2019, 09:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 319 Likes on 228 Posts
The stock Potenza tires were garbage imo. I somehow managed to use them for about 32k miles until I swapped them for the Michelin A/S 3+ tires, which I find to be a far superior tire.

I think the Conti DWS got great reviews and I almost considered them for my car, but got a pretty good deal on the Michelins. Though also I wouldn't cheap out on tires either as they're the parts that separate you from the ground and if properly maintained (tire rotations and tire pressure) will last a long time and you will get your money's worth.

Good luck.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:44 PM
7th Gear

Thank you for the input dezymond it is greatly appreciated! I "think" I've narrowed it down to the DWS06 and the TrueContactTour from Continental The longevity of the michelins concern me as well as the firm ride based on the reviews and from a friend of mine that has the AS3 on Audi S4. Hopefully I'll be pulling the trigger in the next week or two as the "wonderful" Bridgestones are about to be completely shot!

Jay
Old 04-08-2019, 10:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TLXJAY
Thank you for the input dezymond it is greatly appreciated! I "think" I've narrowed it down to the DWS06 and the TrueContactTour from Continental The longevity of the michelins concern me as well as the firm ride based on the reviews and from a friend of mine that has the AS3 on Audi S4. Hopefully I'll be pulling the trigger in the next week or two as the "wonderful" Bridgestones are about to be completely shot!

Jay
Read a ton of good things about the DWS06 and that would've been my second choice for sure. I think I went with the Michelins because of the great deal I got on it and also kept reading around that the tire is a bit more responsive. They definitely feel heavier than the stock Bridgestones but the two tires aren't even comparable, these blow the Bridgestones (and any previous Potenza tires I've used) out of the water.

I cross shopped TireRack and ended up getting the tires from America's Tire as they price matched and also gave me free installation as I've had a few sets of tires bought from them so the manager hooked me up with install and tire balancing. Costco also has great prices on Michelin should you ever go that route. Just prepare to be amazed at how different the car feels after you install those Continentals, you'll be wondering why you stuck with the Bridgestones for so long.
Old 04-18-2019, 09:57 AM
7th Gear

Again...thank you for the information! I think I may be leaning to the AS3+ now since Costco has them on sale for just a shade more than the DWS06's, and with basically free installation i think the MIchelin will come out cheaper after it's all said and done. How's the ride comfort and noise when comparing to the stock Bridgestones since this is my only reference point.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TLXJAY
Again...thank you for the information! I think I may be leaning to the AS3+ now since Costco has them on sale for just a shade more than the DWS06's, and with basically free installation i think the MIchelin will come out cheaper after it's all said and done. How's the ride comfort and noise when comparing to the stock Bridgestones since this is my only reference point.
I stuck with the stock tire size, and the ride comfort is great and road noise isn't there, especially compared to the stock Bridgestone tires. You will be surprised at how quiet the TLX really is with a great set of tires.
Old 06-29-2019, 04:03 PM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm looking for tires for my 2015 TLX Base model.
I'm stuck between performance vs touring - not sure which way to go...
1) EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 - SIZE: 225/55ZR17 for 139.99 / tire
or
2) TRUECONTACT TOUR - SIZE: 225/55R17 for 141.99 /tire.

I'm liking the TrueContact since it has a higher UTQG value of 800 and thinking it would last longer.

There is a $70 mail in rebate afterwards (but have to purchase in 2 days).

Any suggestion on which way to go ?

The present tires are the Michelin from the manufacturer - it's got 46k miles on it. We're ok with these tires. I looked at the Michelin prices and they are way more expensive. Which one of the 2 would be similar to the current Michelins ?

Last edited by iHondaGuy; 06-29-2019 at 04:12 PM.
Old 06-29-2019, 04:46 PM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Looks like I don't know my tires.... I checked them closely just now and ALAS!!! they are Good Years - Eagle LS2.
Old 06-29-2019, 07:12 PM
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts
The eagle LS2 are garbage. The extreme contact tires are amazing for all season regular driving and performance. Next time I get tires again I will get those