New TLX - Some questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 03:34 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New TLX - Some questions

Hi all

After 2 Tls I just got a new 2015 TLX.... Here are some questions maybe someone can answer.... some I didn't try yet.

1) Phone voice command says it can dial any number in your imported contacts from your phone..d oes that mean you can say dial and not just voice tagged people? and if so why do you need voice tags?

2) The ACC with LSF... I have tested it with cars in front of me.. however when a car gets ahead and it is going 45 or 50, and then gets close to a car, I get scared and hit the brakes as it looks like it wont stop... Does anyone know if it will work and actually brake... does it just get close? The system is working because it knows when a car is there but it seems to get close when it approaches a stopped car at a distance.

3) Where can you put an EX pass toll transponder without interfering with camera in rear view mirror or other things?

4) With regular cruise and cruise with LSF, it seems to activate them according to the manual you do the same thing! I guess you just have to toggle one to the other afterwards... is that right?

5) The heated and CA seats come on when you put the system on auto.. but if you turn off the system those still stay on auto... bug?

6) The sound system doesn't sound as rich and crisp as my TL did. The nav screen doesn't look as sharp as my TL either. Anyone else notice this?

Love the car and all its safety features

Thanks for the help

Mike
Old 12-24-2015, 01:29 PM
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts
#1: Supposedly it will find the contact but I find it does not recognize what I say very well and tries to call some "random" contact.

#2: Yes, it actually will stop. It did take some "conditioning" before I was comfortable not hovering my foot over the break. Starts up again if the wait is not too long. If it does not automatically start press the cruise control resume and it will.

#3: I have placed mine just below the mirror mount. The camera, etc. are all within the mount so no worries.

#4: For me it is set and forget. I've left them selected and just engage the cruise control when ready.

#5: I have always left things in auto. (Did the same with my old TL.)

#6: There are some threads on this. Most likely it is the adaptive noise control. Also seems to make a difference what kind of music you listen to. For me it is a good system.
Old 12-24-2015, 07:18 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks very much. The phone dial thing is great. I don't j dress and why they still have the tedious voice tag system if you don't need it anymore.

On the ACC on another forum someone said it does not stop the car. It clearly says in the manual that it does. It just seems to get close. I have it set at farthest stop the default.

Thanks for mirror info!

Thanks on 4

The sound I am working on.

Thanks so much for all the help!!!
Old 12-25-2015, 03:30 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 157 Likes on 118 Posts
2: Yes it works great if you set it right. It will NOT notice if your say going 25mph+ and come up on a stopped car at a light. But works fantastic on highway speeds and is good in stop and go traffic

4: To change between ACC and regular cruise, turn on "main" like normal and press/hold the ACC distance button on the steering wheel for a couple seconds, and youll see it changed on your MID screen infront of you

5: When you turn it "off" then you are turning just off the heater and you have to go and turn off the heated seat manually, rather annoying you are right. The way around that is dont turn your ac/heater on by pressing the "auto" button, press the "on/off" button to the left of it.
Old 01-01-2016, 12:57 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeRadio
Hi all

After 2 Tls I just got a new 2015 TLX.... Here are some questions maybe someone can answer.... some I didn't try yet.

1) Phone voice command says it can dial any number in your imported contacts from your phone..d oes that mean you can say dial and not just voice tagged people? and if so why do you need voice tags?
You can use voice commands to dial two different ways - either "dial by number" (saying the number) or call by name (using the voice tag). Per the manual:

Old 01-23-2016, 10:09 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
Originally Posted by spoiler900
2: ... It will NOT notice if your say going 25mph+ and come up on a stopped car at a light...
This is KEY. ACC will 'track' the car1 in front of you and stop when that car stops when set correctly. However if that car1 should cut out of your lane and there is a car2 further ahead at a stop, the ACC may not stop your car as it has not been 'tracking' car2. Your car just 'thinks' car2 is a solid stationary object that the driver should react to. However, if your have FCW and CMBS engaged, you should get warnings as you approach the stopped car2.