leather steering wheel damage?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 03:22 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question leather steering wheel damage?

Hi guys! Im new to the forum, but have always lurked in the shadows reading through all the posts in the forum and it has really helped a lot! Now, I've come into an issue. I was cleaning my steering wheel today with
Lexol 90150 Leather Deep Cleaner & Conditioner Dual Canister Wipes, 40-Sheets Lexol 90150 Leather Deep Cleaner & Conditioner Dual Canister Wipes, 40-Sheets
and noticed a small patch on the upper part of the wheel. I think it may be sun damage, but wanted to see if anyone else could figure out what it may be? The cleaning did not get it off and not that i know where it's at, becomes an eye sore for sure. I can't believe the steering wheel could already be getting damaged in only 1 year of use! Thanks everybody!
Attached Thumbnails leather steering wheel damage?-img-5883.jpg   leather steering wheel damage?-img-5884.jpg   leather steering wheel damage?-img-5885.jpg   leather steering wheel damage?-img-5886.jpg  
Old 07-19-2017, 03:21 PM
2016 Acura TLX

Received 137 Likes on 89 Posts
The material they use on the steering wheel, its not leather I think, is the worst. Mine already has spots where its damaged that can be felt. Not sure what could have caused it since its only me driving and I don't have long nails or wear watches.