Cruise control accel error

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 10:33 PM
17/TLX/Adv/FBP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise control accel error

On my 2017 TLX advance, when I set the cruise control, it flashed "accel" and then shut off. Could not get it to work.

Seems ok after restarting next time. Anyone seen similar?

Carl
Old 12-21-2016, 01:19 AM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
I've seen one or two examples similar to this in the "Problems and Fixes" sub-forum with the cruise control where it would not stay on. I don't know if it's what you're experiencing or not. I'm not sure there was a resolution or if it re-occurred. I don't recall it happening on my 2015 TLX Advance. Is this standard cruise control or adaptive cruise control you were trying to use? The reason I ask is because I know ACC can misbehave in poor weather. Acura themselves say not to use it in heavy traffic, on winding roads, or poor weather. The only other thing I can think of is maybe something is malfunctioning with the radar it uses?
Old 12-21-2016, 07:26 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 400 Likes on 282 Posts
It has happened to me a few times over 2 years. In one case it was a buildup of slush on the grill on a bad winter drive, and that is understandable. The other 3 cases could not be explained. If you are in stop and go traffic just change the gear selection to Neutral or Park and then back to drive and you will be able to engage ACC again. As you mentioned turning the engine off and on also works.
Old 12-22-2016, 09:21 PM
17/TLX/Adv/FBP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the info. Just happened once so far. Weather wasn't anything bad, but I forget if it
was wet out etc. Good point, I'll try turning off the ACC if it happens again.

Carl