Cell Phone Tray

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015 | 09:30 PM
Instructor

Cell Phone Tray

I have noticed that the grippy rubber that is on the cell phone tray in my TLX is starting to bubble up in the middle. It is not too noticeable, but if you touch the middle of the tray, you can feel that the rubber is loose and lifting up in the middle. Anyone else experience this problem? It might be something to do with when it gets warm in the car. I usually leave the cover door open when the car is parked.
Old 03-10-2015 | 10:16 PM
Burning Brakes

I haven't noticed and I leave the tray door closed, expect when driving and charging. I will try to remember to check tomorrow.
Old 04-22-2015 | 04:41 PM
Instructor

Turns out that the rubber piece on the cell phone tray is just sitting on the tray and you can pull it out (it isn't glued down or anything). I took the car to the dealer and they are going to order me a new rubber piece since mine is bubbled up in the middle. They are taking care of it under warranty

As a side note, I have had the car since beginning of December and have had the hard 2nd to 3rd shift on the 9AT. I also told them about this when I was at the dealer today and they said that there is a software update as everyone has mentioned. Taking it in next week to get everything fixed/updated so I'll make sure to report back
Old 04-24-2015 | 10:35 AM
Racer

good luck with your update, I hope it takes care of your hard shift issue.
Old 04-24-2015 | 10:42 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by h_dawg
Turns out that the rubber piece on the cell phone tray is just sitting on the tray and you can pull it out (it isn't glued down or anything). I took the car to the dealer and they are going to order me a new rubber piece since mine is bubbled up in the middle. They are taking care of it under warranty

As a side note, I have had the car since beginning of December and have had the hard 2nd to 3rd shift on the 9AT. I also told them about this when I was at the dealer today and they said that there is a software update as everyone has mentioned. Taking it in next week to get everything fixed/updated so I'll make sure to report back
Keep us posted on that...I took my wifes TLX about 3 weeks ago for its 1st svc, and they did mentioned about the update, but i told them to hold off until I hear reviews about it. Having the same 2nd/3rd gear shift issues.
Old 04-30-2015 | 10:53 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by aboysua6
Keep us posted on that...I took my wifes TLX about 3 weeks ago for its 1st svc, and they did mentioned about the update, but i told them to hold off until I hear reviews about it. Having the same 2nd/3rd gear shift issues.
So I had the update done yesterday. It seems to shift smoother than before and the hard shift is smoothed out. I posted what they did over in the V6 9AT transmission thread so you can check that out. I'll drive it around more over the next few days and report back on it