2015 CPO TLX V6 Advance Transmission issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 09:21 PM
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
2015 CPO TLX V6 Advance Transmission issues

We were at the stop light after wife accelerate car got a warning light for transmission P0730 then after all lights came up such as brake system, lkas, cmbs etc. since we are just halfway mile we continued running the car with all the warnings. The D light is flashing as well, turned off the car and started it back still have all the warnings except the flashing D has stop. Called Cerritos Acura and dropped off the car but the warnings are gone when I’m almost at the dealer. Next day service advisor called me that they cleared the codes but the car is having a hard acceleration and said the service manager will test road the car. Service advisor called today that they are replacing the transmission. I am hoping the transmission is brand new not refurb.
Old 12-20-2018, 10:41 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by GaRaS
We were at the stop light after wife accelerate car got a warning light for transmission P0730 then after all lights came up such as brake system, lkas, cmbs etc. since we are just halfway mile we continued running the car with all the warnings. The D light is flashing as well, turned off the car and started it back still have all the warnings except the flashing D has stop. Called Cerritos Acura and dropped off the car but the warnings are gone when I’m almost at the dealer. Next day service advisor called me that they cleared the codes but the car is having a hard acceleration and said the service manager will test road the car. Service advisor called today that they are replacing the transmission. I am hoping the transmission is brand new not refurb.
hopefully it all goes well. I had the transmission replaced on my 2015 Acura TLX Advance that I purchased about a month ago (they replaced the transmission BEFORE I committed to buy the car since i noticed hard shifting between gears 2 and 3 during 2 separate test drives....after about 7 days, everything was done, and I test drove the car again, and it was butter smooth with shifting and accelerating. Hope you have the same results as me, since I love this car and hope it gets me over 200,000 miles (I had a 2004 Acura TL that broke down with 243,000 miles). This car has 30,000 miles so I have a long way to go, but so far am really enjoying this car. I installed Android Auto and am looking at installing the SprintBooster also, which should help with the lag there is when hitting the gas while the car is in 2nd or 3rd gear and waiting for the car to actually respond and go.
Old 12-21-2018, 07:24 AM
Some Guy Who Loves Cars

Received 280 Likes on 173 Posts
Google says that code is for "incorrect gear ratio" or "faulty shift control." A search for this code on AcuraZine popped up many threads under 99-03 MDX, CL and TL for blown tranny. You had something serious happen to yours.

Glad to hear the happy ending to your story. My dealer replaced mine 2015 TLX V6 SHAWD Advance tranny after I complained about all sorts of rough shifting 1-2 and 2-3 and weird behavior. I hope you're as satisfied with yours as I am mine. It transforms the car. I have to say that despite this whole jerky, noisy ZF9 transmission fiasco, I'm proud of Acura/Honda for replacing these and some of these dealers (like yours) for stepping up to the plate for the owners. I saw somewhere on AZ that these replacements are estimated at $4k a piece all in. I don't know if FCA/Jeep is offering whole scale replacement like Acura is.
Old 12-28-2018, 10:58 PM
Advanced

So the transmission has been replaced, changing gear is smooth now but there is a mild vibration at the steering wheel when it reaches normal temp on idle. The mild vibration can be feel only when u touch both hands at the steering wheel. I need to check and compare with the other tlx if its normal on the vibration.
Old 01-01-2019, 12:49 PM
Advanced

The car is back at the dealership, service advisor confirmed that its not normal. Service advisor assumed that when they replaced transmission, mechanics might have broke the engine mount.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:44 PM
Advanced

I got my car back, vibration gone at the steering wheel, engine mount at the front and rear is broken. Car transmission shifts great. I suggest for those ppl that having their car replace transmission, after taking it back check for vibration.